Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! (51444 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Nigeria Escapes FIFA Ban As Court Dismisses Case / Breaking News: Fifa Ban Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by liongirl: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Krucifax:

N253 Million per month no more. See Gobe.....lol! shocked

Source below

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72216
this is the time to know those that came to serve nigeria or nigeria money.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by snazzie: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

You have the option to put it under Nigerian laws and be excluded.

Or you have the option of closing it down and say you don't want to be part of it any more.

Those are your options if you don't like it.

That is the result of the constructed monopoly of Supply FIFA has carefully built.

You can scream as much as you want, as long as you are not able and/or willing to set up a rival association as they have in Rugby, you have to suck it up.
Well sed
We knew wt we wir goin into bfr we signed tobe prt of Fifa.
We cant continue to allign wv non africa countries wen it suits us...wc Africa govt dosnt fund sport?? Wt as d Nigeria govt done to improve sporting conditions..no stadia.. no policies yet we wan to behave lik d Europeans dt av provided enof to enable nd ensure sport survives,oda prob is we blacks wudnt pay fr fun..blacks cant avoid to spend a dime on relaxation yl in oda climax..deh much mor jes to entertain nd av fun..rison fundin sport is easy fr dem bt nt in africa
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by OmoEziokwu: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

I normally would not insult people that don't insult me while trying to "advise" me but I am going to tell you that you are a cretinous person!

If you think I have the mentality of African reetards that respect people by virtue of their position instead of the respect their character commands, you need your head checked. No wonder Africa is a shithole!

I should respect a cretin destroying people's lives because he is labelled No 1 Citizen? You are a cretinous person!

I am too intelligent to be immersed in such moronic cultural outcomes of Hofstede's high power distance societies.

It is a surprise that the UK has a lower Hofstede Power Distance Index than the US and Canada. Please look at this:

http://www.oecd.org/centrodemexico/medios/44582910.pdf

Just to save your time you could go straight to pages 187 and 190. The OECD report seems to say otherwise. Any thoughts on this?
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by gidjah(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
I TRUST FIFA. THEY wil come pay up this month salary sharp sharp!rubbish sect,when did fifa become another country wit territorial defence?why should u dictate to a full country how to run her system?,that nfa is damn corrupt and we all know that,we should be able to probe their accounts.he that plays dpiper can dictate the tune!
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikeansy:

The problem is the serious countries have sensible people running the FA

We don't

If our FA choose to be stupid then our government have a duty to protect us from the corrupt FA if necessary

Maigari and his board wrote the silly and misleading letter that led to this suspension. Well let the NFF board have their FA with no country to represent

FIFA is benefiting from everyone cowing to them. Let's call them bluff and build our league at home. We have not been able to even drag the attention of our people to even our own league. Let's focus on that project it's more important.
There is a right way and a wrong way to go about this the FG have not acted wisely with the money being spent it is the NFF that should be BEGGING the FG to appoint its board so on that score the FG have been amateurish. I do not accept this business of stigmatizing FIFA,are we the only member? Na only us waka come? why don't others have this problem. FIFA needs to be strong to achieve what it does.
It is very simple the FG has no business looking for the NFF if they want FG money the NFF will call their oga FIFA and they will sign terms and conditions if they sayy no the FG keeps its money simple

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
OmoEziokwu:

It is a surprise that the UK has a lower Hofstede Power Distance Index than the US and Canada. Please look at this:

http://www.oecd.org/centrodemexico/medios/44582910.pdf

Just to save your time you could go straight to pages 187 and 190. The OECD report seems to say otherwise. Any thoughts on this?

I think you posted the wrong document. Everything seems to be about wages.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by joseph1013: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

I think Messi has proven he is the greatest player that ever graced the game but I was surprised at the award too. I would definitely have gone for Robben.

What I think they saw was the 4 Man of the Matches that Messi won in the first 4 games. Maybe no one else got that much Man of the Match.

But with Messi's average performance in the QF and F, and the non-showing in the SF. I would not say he merited it.

Robben was consistent throughout and dangerous.

Right! I also thought they noticed how really influential he was in Argentina's run to the final. He was involved in 7 out of the total 8 goals scored by Argentina in the finals.

He created the most chance at goal of 21, the highest in the competition, and it is no fault of his that it is in his era that Argentina was blessed with such impotent strikers.

He plays a different role for Argentina than he does for Barca, and if he had been gifted with the chances that Higuain, Aguero and Palacio had fluffed, I'm sure Messi would have buried them. The forwards were so shambolic. They let Messi down!

But I do notice that Messi makes less movement these days. He prefers strolling on the field, a sharp contrast to his unpredictable runs, even when strongly man-marked, of a few seasons ago. Maybe it's another intelliegence strategy, but I think it makes him less involved in games.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
This is stupidity at its peak. Does the FG not know NFF has been an epileptic child for many years? unable to stand on their own. Instead of just stopping funding why dont you call on the private sector and privatize your nonsense as usual? this particular act has just killed nigerian football. well there will be no nigeria 2015 so what the fuss

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by joseph1013: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2014

Sagamite, how do you respond to the claims that he couldn't possibly be the greatest ever because football is easier these days than in eras past.

Yeah, it's absolute hogwash. But I'll love to hear your angle to the debate.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
joseph1013:

Right! I also thought they noticed how really influential he was in Argentina's run to the final. He was involved in 7 out of the total 8 goals scored by Argentina in the finals.

He created the most chance at goal of 21, the highest in the competition, and it is no fault of his that it is in his era that Argentina was blessed with such impotent strikers.

He plays a different role for Argentina than he does for Barca, and if he had been gifted with the chances that Higuain, Aguero and Palacio had fluffed, I'm sure Messi would have buried them. The forwards were so shambolic. They let Messi down!

But I do notice that Messi makes less movement these days. He prefers strolling on the field, a sharp contrast to his unpredictable runs, even when strongly man-marked, of a few seasons ago. Maybe it's another intelligence strategy, but I think it makes him less involved in games.

Well said, mate.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Abraham2013(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
Wen govt gives nff money, its called intervention. Buh wen d same govt ask nff to make account its called interference. Well make maigari to meet fifa 4 d salaries of his staff.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Loooool. The boy should definitely stop leeching from his father. But the father has no business getting angry at the school. And the school couldn't care less about the father's wounded pride.

The father's motives are petty and misguided.

Lovely, MissMeiya lovely! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
joseph1013:
Sagamite, how do you respond to the claims that he couldn't possibly be the greatest ever because football is easier these days than in eras past.

Yeah, it's absolute hogwash. But I'll love to hear your angle to the debate.

That is absolute tosh, mate.

Just go to youtube and dig out old football videos to show any person that tells you that.

Let them see how the keepers and defenders were poor during the likes of Pele era. Keepers that dive like my grandfather for the ball.

Messi is playing football in an era when all footballers are top level, athletic professionals, not part time fishermen and carpenters.

He is playing in a era where fitness is supreme and tactics are on point. And he looks like Jesus in the midst of these super athletes.

Definitely the greatest.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
I dont know why it is so hard for people to understand that FIFA actually is winning in this case?
lets see.....FIFA says...get out of NFF
Nigerian Govt says.....But we fund them so we have every right to dictate whatever happens
Fifa says...NO and they ban the nation
Nigerian Govt now says...They will stop funding NFF since Fifa doesn't want the govt in the affairs of NFF and by tat action of the govt,rubber stamps what fifa wants

Now the real question which Nigerians should be asking each other, rather than stupidly out of blind patriotism start abusing Fifa, is......How will NFF be able to generate the needed funds to survive and if they do,I bet who ever puts up the money will not allow them to abuse it like they are abusing the money coming from the Govt...What GEJ has done should have been done a long time ago for it is about time the Nigerian Govt allows NFF to go source for funds and be accountable to people who are ready to hold them accountable based on professional reasons than political reasons

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Jeffoo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
I just dey watch NFF FG and FIFA with my Google glass

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

That is absolute tosh, mate.

Just go to youtube and dig out old football videos to show any person that tells you that.

Let them see how the keepers and defenders were poor during the likes of Pele era. Keepers that dive like my grandfather for the ball.

Messi is playing football in an era when all footballers are top level, athletic professionals, not part time fishermen and carpenters.

He is playing in a era where fitness is supreme and tactics are on point. And he looks like Jesus in the midst of these super athletes.

Definitely the greatest.

and he is also playing in an era when players are over-protected...you think Messi will survive a tackle from Terry Butcher,Lothar Matheus,Jaap stam,the italian defenders who wrecked "The real ronaldo"s career...Messi is not doubt one of the best ever but in comparism to Maradona and pele,He is below them

4 Likes

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
BluIvy:

Lovely, MissMeiya lovely! kiss kiss

cheesy

*dance*

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by OmoEziokwu: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sagamite:

I think you posted the wrong document. Everything seems to be about wages.

Well I didn't add that I was looking at things from a social mobility standpoint (the OECD report). It seems to be higher in North America generally than in the UK, that's why I'm a bit surprised that the Hofstede Power Distance Index is lower in the UK than in North America. You can see it here:

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/map/hofstede-power-distance-index.html

I wanted to get your perspective on this.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
MissMeiya:

Loooool stahhhp smh

LWKMD!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
How much do we need in our education sector, that we are dishing out that much on football that bring nothing but shame to us? FG spends this much on football when the common man in Nigeria cannot boast of a day meal. I can now see the irresponsibility on the part of the government and football body as well as the players. we need to know that there is GOD

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Haha, FG is playing tough! grin
nd this may cost nigerian football
a lot! If it were only the super eagles that will be affected by the ban, there won't be any regret at all, cos everyone is bored of that team already!
But we have to consider our women football, our rising stars(the boys that won the world U-17cup) which i believe will be out dream super eagles team!

If fifa bans nigeria now, it will affect these boys' career.
Hence nigerian football will be screwed!

FG should just find a way to solve this problem between them, nff and fifa peacefully. They should stop expanding it cos if not, at the end we will be the ones missing out! Both FG nd NFF!p
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by soulglo: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokoA: Do coporate bodies sponsoring other FAs around the world interfer with their activities?

Meanwhile, I am insupport of the government's move. It is high time NFF get up and start sourcing funds for themselves.

Yes they can and they do. Some will not even do it if they are not sure how the money is being distributed
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by arsetalks(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
I love this. This is the way to go. The money can be used ( if it will be used ) for some other things. NFF gets enough money from FIFA and they should fend for themselves and not rely on Government.

In other footballing worlds, the government doesn't fund them, they fund themselves. They should reach out to cooperate bodies.

Personally, I would have loved if FG called FIFA bluff and stick to her gun. We need 2 years away from football to put things in order.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by revelationuche: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by ednut1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
kaima1984: hahahahahahah u can't stop making me laugh,funny u
is dat so
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Dotng: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
samuelfemo: well i see this as a way foward,i mean which sector is actually working in this country, is good let them stay clear,let the private organisation come in,i think with this development nigeria is moving foward, football is a lucrative business in nigeria, 253 million is not so much money that football cannot generate in nigeria, if the likes of ,merrybet,premierbet,etc are making massive income in their millions,i belive NFF can survive with or without FG.......
So, what you are saying is that you will give NFF money and would not have a say about how they manage their affairs? Kindly tell us any successful private organisation that will ever agree to that include FIFA if you think they will agree to that kind of arrangement.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dotng:
So, what you are saying is that you will give NFF money and would not have a say about how they manage their affairs? Kindly tell us any successful private organisation that will ever agree to that include FIFA if you think they will agree to that kind of arrangement.

tere are countless FA's all over the world were tis is happening.....South Africa is an example(as much as it pains me to accept that fact)....So you understand wat is on ground, the only reason NFF is being controled by the Govt is because of the funding they get from the Govt...once it stops,Govt stops controlling them..win-win situation for FIFA and the Nigerian Govt unless the Nigerian Govt sees a need in controlling NFF despite not being in charge of funding it

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
babaearly: This is stupidity at its peak. Does the FG not know NFF has been an epileptic child for many years? unable to stand on their own. Instead of just stopping funding why dont you call on the private sector and privatize your nonsense as usual? this particular act has just killed nigerian football. well there will be no nigeria 2015 so what the fuss
On the contrary, this is the best move. Nigerian football has not grown because FIFA heads do not know how corrupt our footballing bodies are.

The government pumps in billions of naira every year into football. Money enough to develop our football from the grass root. The money gets drained with no result. Our leagues are dying, the national teams lack money for preparations and many more.

If the government tries to find out why no development takes place, FIFA officials scream interference.

So the government in turn has to increase funding took see development.

This has been a wrong approach.

Pulling the fund will cause the corrupt drunken officials of the NFF to know that there is no more drink to get drunk and it will not be lucrative for corrupt politicians.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
jobsat34:

laughin in arabic.. buhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah....

bros wetin naa... na Mikel say make dem ban us ??
if to say mikel no 4kup we come win wahala 4 no dey na
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by Sagamite(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
milehigh06:
and he is also playing in an era when players are over-protected...you think Messi will survive a tackle from Terry Butcher,Lothar Matheus,Jaap stam,the italian defenders who wrecked "The real ronaldo"s career...Messi is not doubt one of the best ever but in comparism to Maradona and pele,He is below them

You have an argument there in terms of tackles and hard balls and all that, but by and large, I think the advantages that exist in the Pele era which led to the things that made him be called "great", his loads of goals, are more significant.

Off-side rules were very lax. Defenders were poor. Keepers were even more poor. Team tactics was not great. Players were not fit nor were they professionals.

If you were a fit and skilful then, you would be a giant in their mix.

As for Maradona, even though they are different kinds of players, there really is nothing he has done individually that Messi has not replicated.

Messi has the goals, the dribbles, the speed, the skills, the brains and everything the other 2 lack.
Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Maigari should be reinstated immediately so that he can start hustling for funds for next months pay.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! by kaima1984(f): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
ednut1: is dat so
yeap

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) / Jay-Jay Okocha Carries Alex Iwobi As A Baby (Throwback Photo) / Mikel Obi Leaves Middlesbrough After Short Contract (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.