Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (94586 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
kidaberry: awwww
so sweet. they should just lean in for a kiss already
I will whisper it into their ears.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
kidaberry: awwww
so sweet. they should just lean in for a kiss already
I will whisper it into their ears. Thank you for commenting dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dearie, nice update...plz i nid more...cheesysmiley Dis suspense is killing Softlywink
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
nnekamezor: Dearie, nice update...plz i nid more...cheesysmiley Dis suspense is killing Softlywink
Killing softly is a good thing right? lol
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
lyzee21: Weldone Queenxster, hv bin folowng dis story as a guest b4 d breakdwn. Dis is a 1daful piece, kip it up. Ve always wonderd hw kate got 2 knw dose tinz she did.......cant wait 4 d nx update. God bles u real gud.
Welcome to my family Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Daintydaisy(f): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yeah! Queeny wants 2solve d mystery, nyc work dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Queenxstar: Killing softly is a good thing right? lol
LOL, dont mind me jare... I really wana know d whole 'KOKO' @ oncesmiley
Re: Generation To Generations... by SenatorPope(m): 7:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Very,very,very interesting........................ #Oliver twist mode activated#

Well done Madame Queen.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2014
Oooow,so sweet... pls my queen,we can't fit wait
Re: Generation To Generations... by lyzee21(f): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2014
Tanks a lot, so wen is d welcomng party takng place
Queenxstar: Welcome to my family Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Candis009: Oooow,so sweet... pls my queen,we can't fit wait
Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:24am On Aug 21, 2014
SenatorPope: Very,very,very interesting........................ #Oliver twist mode activated#

Well done Madame Queen.
Thank you Sweetie.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Daintydaisy: Yeah! Queeny wants 2solve d mystery, nyc work dear.
Abi.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lemme tight my seat belt nd listen 2 my long awaited story I've been begging Hess... Feel lyk crying 4 her..
Re: Generation To Generations... by Ladycarol: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Beautiful write up u are doing agreat work.
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Abeg come update o. Suspense too much
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hameenat94: Lemme tight my seat belt nd listen 2 my long awaited story I've been begging Hess... Feel lyk crying 4 her..
Don't start until you've heard it all.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ladycarol: Beautiful write up u are doing agreat work.
Thank you dear. Welcome here.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
TiffanyJ: Abeg come update o. Suspense too much
I'm coming Sweetie. No vex.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Queenxstar: Don't start until you've heard it all.
are u serious? I shuld withhold d bowl 1st... Ok oh
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
'My life took a turn when I was fifteen, about to be through with my secondary education. It all began when huge amount of money was stolen from my daddy company. The money vanished as a result of conspiracy. Before then, my dad was bribed by some of his colleagues to join the plot but he declined, because of a declination, he became their enemy. When investigations, they placed him at the forefront. He was arrested, tortured, his bank accounts frozen, most of his assets was seized and they didn't bother to do a thorough investigation before he was sacked bearing in mind that he would be retiring and all the entitlements .'

'What! ' His brows furrowed into a frown.

'Kel... ' She called softly and held his gaze. 'That is why I didn't want you to go ahead to do the mass arrest, I didn't want the innocent to suffer with guilty. I remembered the ordeal my dad and we all passed through, the psychological implications.

'I'm glad I obeyed you.' He squeezed her palm and smiled at her.

'We had to vacate the house they were living in. Daddy had built a house in the country side and had complimented the ground floor of another in Lagos. We moved there. My mum took up the responbilities of the family gladly. We adjusted real good but dad wouldn't sit back. He tried to secure a job but he spent the better part of his working years  for the company. In spite of the disappointment, he didn't give up. One day, in the course of his looking for a job, he was involved in a road traffic accident that almost led to the amputation of a leg.' She heaved. ' When he recovered, I could remember been upset and saying -Daddy, I told you should take it easy, look what it has cause all us. Dad, I understand the depression, frustration and everything but you don't have to take it out all yourself. And then he said to me, honey, you don't understand. I sat beside him and embraced him. Kelvin... ' she called.

'Yes darling. '

It didn't take me nineteen- months to know my dad had been right. ' She sobbed and clasped a palm over her mouth.

'Darling easy.' He soothed and pat her palm.

'O... kay Kel. ' She mumbled but couldn't fight back the tears that were flowing down her cheeks like they were naturally meant to be neither the shakiness in her voice. 'We lived and our family atmosphere remained. I concluded my final exams in high school and graduated. Two months afterwards, tragedy stuck. ' She closed her eyes and blinked severally. 'Kel, my hands, I can't see.'

He released her hands and watched as she wiped her tears and blew her nose in a Kleenex. He knew it wouldn't be long before his tear ducts got active. How was he to know that his curiosity all along would uncheck checked emotions. He fetched a neatly folded handkerchief from his pocket. 'Here Kathy.'

'Thanks.' She collected it. 'On that gloomy day, my mum got to her guest house just to see... see her investment over the years ...her family financial lifeline razed to the ground by fire.'

He shook his head.

'We were not able to figure out how it came about. It occured in the early hours of morning and the fire claimed everything burnable. No life was lost but my collasped and never got on her feet. She never recovered from the shock even after three days of intensive care. It killed her Kel... it killed the Queen of my very heart, my role model, my lovely mum...' She sobbed. 'She was a strong woman but I don't anyone would stand that, considering all the kind of thoughts that might have rush through her mind.'

Kelvin nodded slowly.

'We wished that God had kept her because we knew that no matter what, we can still forge ahead. She was buried, we mourned her because of what she meant to us. We loved her dearly.' She paused and looked to heaven. 'We appreciated her, we cherished her and there was never, never going to be a replacement of her in our hearts. In the midst of it all, we comfort ourselves and draw closer to one another.'

'That's terrible.' Kelvin stated.

'Terrible? ' She almost scoffed. 'Hmmm...' She reserved. 'I've been to this beach about three times before today. First with my primary school, family and the third with my brother and his friends.' She smiled sadly. 'My brother took the responsibility baton. My mum car was sold and he used some of the money to purchase a commercial motorcycle. He also took a job. I was scared because he combined his education with job and used his spare time for transportation. I took care of the home front. I desired to assist him even if it is take away the littlest burden off his shoulder but he wouldn't hear of it... ' She pursed her lips, stared into space and her tears flowed. 'He wouldn't hear of such, he sat me down and told me something me being beautiful and didn't want me to be exposed to harsh reality of life. He told he didn't want to hear of such again since he wasn't asking for an assistant. I was annoyed and wanted to shake him until he agrees with me. I left his room for mine and cried myself to sleep. Yes, I did not accept, good, he was being protective, Splendid, because he thinks I'm a baby that can't differentiate her right from left. All thanks to him! '

Kelvin chuckled imagining how she must have pouted her lips then. 'I understand what your brother tried to do, good, you know your onions, you know what you are capable of doing but there is what is called voluntary deed and forceful deed. There is no limitation to what people can do to have their way. You never can tell what they might be thinking of and the set up that might came about. Your brother is more experience, definitely more learned and he was in this world before you came about, so darling he look at things far beyond your view. He knows that...' He thoughtfully continued after passing. 'He knows that you are going to give your output innocently and they in quote might give some forceful actions.'

She pouted her lips and narrowed her gaze at him.

'Don't look at me like that girlfriend.' He grinned. 'let's see it from your own point of view, you really want to help, you might be helpless when things tighten up. He is going to be very worried about you and that does not help relief stress instead it adds. If I were him after your suggestion and the reluctance you put off, anytime I leave I will lock the door in case you change after I've left.'

'You're sounding more bossy than my brother. '

Kelvin laughed and she smiled.

He had said that to lighten her mood.

'There was a time I followed him to his university. He wanted to show me around so he asked me to drop my bag with a course mate. By the time we came back, I saw three envelopes with contacts in my bag. I showed them to him, he opened and read their contents, he had an expression of anger initially but then he began to laugh when he handed the letters over and asked me to read them. ' She grinned in remembrance. 'When I was done, he asked me to sit beside him and educated me on guys and relationships.'

Kelvin bobbed his head from side to side smiling.

'They were love letters written by his course mates and they dropped them in my bag knowing the kind of person he was.'

'I can only imagine the kind of talk it was. '

'Of course you can, since you have two sisters and I can remember the bully whippers story. '

Kelvin rolled into bouts of laughter.

'Can you imagine two thousand naira was in one of the envelope? '

'That's some real competition.' He beamed.

'My brother used to tell me that I was his Princess and that if he had his way, he would have me beside him always because I was an influence to him and when people see us together and smiled at us, he felt taller and more handsome. He told me that I was his first lady and I glared at him bemused. He knew it was because of his girlfriend. Guess what he told me.'

'I suck at guessing.'

"You can tell her if you want to,afterall I knew you before I met her."

'Wow. I'm surprised you are tall and don't have a tiny head despite the endearment that was heaped on you.'

She could have jabbed him if she had the strength instead she rolled her reddened eyes. 'My brother was the best and I loved him fiercely. Hmmm... ' She muttered and then heaved. 'We lived happily though we didn't have the luxury we were used to. My life took another drastic turn during the month most people call the love month.' She sipped water and all previous excitement vanished.

'February. '

'Yes.' She stretched forth hands to him and he took them. 'I remember my brother asking if I wanted to go out and I said- yes. I got ready, it's been a while we indulged ourselves due to our shortcomings. We took permission from our dad and left on his bike. He took me to a couple to places where we had a pretty good time. We went to the library to pick two books as before, though since he got so busy, I went by myself and read alone. On our way back, we got stuck in an unusual traffic...' She sobbed and tears began to flow down her cheeks. 'Can I do this? ' She whispered in between sobs. Her body shook convulsively and her lips trembled. 'That was the last outing we had.'

He closed his eyes broken hearted. He felt the sting of tears when he opened his eyes.

'The place where we were began to tighten, in an attempt to move forward, the front tyre  of the bike scratched the lower part of a Jeep mistakenly.' She bit her lower lips and her grip tightened on Kelvin's hands.

'The driver of the Jeep came out and examined the scratch, he was in uniform, I can't remember which of the force. The traffic had become stand still. My brother and I alighted and began apologizing. He didn't hear them or it did fuel his anger because he leashed out insults that I never knew existed. At a point, I felt that the insults were just too much for a scratch after all, the vehicle was not made of gold though it was one of the latest Jeep at that time but since my brother was apologizing who am I to object. Never knowing that there could be no love lost in the human mind for another who he had not met afore time. The man went back into the car and brought out a gun.'

'Jesus Christ! ' He shook his head as though he was in a trance.

'What will one do if a gun was pointed at one, even if one was right, you resolved to begging. I could still.see my brother prostrating on the ground, I remember myself going down on my knees begging.' She continued with a voice energized by anger. 'I remember people that had gathered pleading on our behalf. All that went one man, one human... and yet...' She swallowed hard and tears flowed down her face.

'You know most people...' She wiped her weeping nose with the hanky but it was immediately was replaced. 'Most people are monsters in human form, they are beast not even fit to live in the jungle because most animals if not all care and most don't practise cannibalism.' She released a palm and massaged her forehead. 'As my brother stood, he pulled the trigger, the bullet hit his fore head and another to his abdomen. He was dead even before he reached the ground to lie in his pool of blood .'

Kelvin pulled her into his arms with eyes filled with tears.

'I flung myself at him so he could kill me too but he pushed me away, I stood to throw myself at him once more but froze as I thought of my father. He was going to die of cardiac arrest.

'I screamed and slumped on my knees and became absent minded of happenings around me as I placed his head and begged to survive, begged him not to leave because it was going to kill our father. I clung to him and screamed till lost my voice. It took effort for the crowd to separate us.

The man used the gun to distant himself from the crowd who were ready to attack him until the police came and whisked him away but they couldn't go with his Jeep. Other commercial motorcyclist set the Jeep ablaze. They organised a vehicle to convey him to the ...mortuary but I insisted they took him home.' She released herself. 'I never saw my dad cry until that day. That's how the life of a 400level medical student was cut short, that is how I lost my brother. ' She closed her eyes and shut her ears with both palms.

'Katherine? ' He called concerned.

'It's all coming to me that moment...just like a flood, am overwhelmed by it. I can hear the bullets, so loud and for a moment, my heart beat stopped. That was how I lost my Kennedy Sylvester, my bestie, my chief bodyguard, my head teacher.'

+++

5 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Have a pleasant week, don't forget to fill the royal bowl with your pence. Hameenat, you can decide to use a bowl or bucket.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Babyzai, I sight you it's been a while. Hope you're okay.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2014
Kai,my gudness. Is this wat Katherine went thruits so terrible.;(Wat a wicked wrld... Damn!!! . So touching...Dearie thanks for d lovely update
Re: Generation To Generations... by TiffanyJ(f): 3:01am On Aug 25, 2014
So much painful memories. Nice one Queen
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2014
TiffanyJ: So much painful memories. Nice one Queen
Very painful dear. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2014
nnekamezor: Kai,my gudness. Is this wat Katherine went thruits so terrible.;(Wat a wicked wrld... Damn!!! . So touching...Dearie thanks for d lovely update
That was what she went through o my sister. Thanks for your royal pence.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2014
How cruel*sobs* embarassed
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Candis009: How cruel*sobs* embarassed
(Wipe her tears and weep with her ) Very cruel.
Re: Generation To Generations... by pweeeetychi: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
people can be damn wicked, why waste someone's life cos of material thing?
This episode is sooooo touching.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Queenxstar: Have a pleasant week, don't forget to fill the royal bowl with your pence. Hameenat, you can decide to use a bowl or bucket.
*crying*... Bring both d bowl nd bucket... Hw callous some Human cn b.. Guess d Yerima comes in nw... Still crying...
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
pweeeetychi: people can be damn wicked, why waste someone's life cos of material thing?
This episode is sooooo touching.
My dear...I don't understand myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.