Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug (3232 Views)

PDP Lambasts Aregbesola Over Owed WAEC Fees / Impeachment: Judge Ready To Testify Against Aregbesola, Says Speaker / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Published:July 15, 2014

---- Omisore says incumbent governor Rauf Aregbesola is a drowning man.

The Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, candidate at the forthcoming
gubernatorial election in Osun State, Iyiola Omisore, has said that
Governor Rauf Aregbesola will fail “woefully” in the August 9 election
because he does not have the support of the grassroots.

In an interview with the Nigerian Guardian, published on Sunday, Mr.
Omisore blasted the All Progressives Congress, APC, the ruling party
in the state for acquiring a helicopter of N4 billion used by the
governor.

“How can a state, which cannot pay the salaries of teachers, be acquiring a helicopter of N4 billion used by the governor, claiming it is for security reasons?” Mr. Omisore said.

“Osun State is the second safest state in this country, by security watch report. Why do you need a helicopter when you can move around my road? Well, the roads are bad.

“Last time they visited Ila, the town of Bisi Akande, they went in a helicopter. They can’t drive because they would be calling them names. You are running away from people and you want to rule these people you are running away from; that is why they will fail and woefully too,”

Mr. Omisore continued.
“Look at my campaign now, I’m doing my campaign from ward to ward. They can’t go to any ward. They always do their campaigns in stadium, Ife stadium, Iwo stadium etc.

“(There is a crowd at the rallies) because there are Fuji artistes
there to entertain them. Those people only came to watch their favourite Pasuma or Wasiu Ayinde Marshal perform. Didn’t you see similar crowd at Fayemi’s rallies? What has that cost him? The votes are in the wards and in the towns. I’ve been going to every ward and
polling unit,” Mr. Omisore added.

The PDP candidate criticized some of Mr. Aregbesola’s projects in the state, particularly the popular Opon imo and the O’yes programmes, describing them as “blatant failures.”

“The truth is that the so-called O’yes participants have not been paid for the past eight months; in that regard, he has failed,” said Mr. Omisore.

“Opon imo has been withdrawn. I joined other well meaning people to demand for its withdrawal all over the state because Opon imo has 17 subjects and 87.7 errors.

“He gave the contract to one of his sons. Doing this is not the problem, but the reality is that a dangerous work, capable of destroying our students, was done. It has 17 subjects and 84.7 per
cent errors.

“For example, in mathematics, algebra to be specific, there is no single graph inside Opon imo, no single diagram, no single isograph and so on. I am a mathematician, you cannot teach mathematics without illustrating figures. It’s not possible.

“No single table, when you go to physics, same story. And in chemistry, nothing. The idea was driven by profit because he wanted to steal. Opon imo syllabus, SS1, SS2, to SS3, is the same syllabus. Opon imo in chapter 4 (history) says history of the Songhai Empire, what you will read in the body is the history of Mali. That’s the character of Opon imo.

“I have written to British government, that they should withdraw the recognition of Opon imo. I have gone to the UNESCO. It’s an embarrassment. They’re being withdrawn from the schools now, all over the schools. In O’yes, he’s owing them salary.”

Mr. Omisore said that his eight-cardinal programmes, if elected the governor of the state, would include the disbanding of the merger of schools by the current government, developing of human capital, and promoting regional and national integration.

“Unlike Aregbesola’s government that everything is Lagos arrangement, even carpenter, bricklayers, welders are brought from Lagos…

“They have destroyed the children’s psychology (in public schools).

What we see in a Baptist High School in Iwo, where some students were wearing masquerade dress, some wearing choir dress and some wearing hijab only portend chaos.

“It is destroying the psychology of the child. He’s already imbibing wrong culture, values into the brain of a young child. He’s destroying the future of Osun State, so he must go, he must be removed…

“I will return schools to the owners of the schools and I will disengage merger of schools. I am going to announce immediately by 10th of August, all the schools should go back to their owners.”

8 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
On how to improve the Internally Generated Revenue of the state, Mr.
Omisore said that he would not “hurt” the people of the state with a high tax regime.

“Osun State is a civil service state, I’m sure you know that. There’s no Cadbury in Osun State, no Texaco, no Chevron, no Coca-cola, no 7Up, so you cannot force revenue,” said Mr. Omisore,

“When you say people should pay high taxes, you are hurting them the
more. It is better for you to manage what you have for the people in that state and they would understand you.

“So, I am not going to engage in any high tax regime. Aregbesola is
now saying he would withdraw the taxes because he wants to win
election. That means he’s unfocused, when you see a government now
backsliding because of election and withdrawing all policies, that
government has no focus at all. It’s a government that just want to
fumble and ramble.

“Aregbesola has lost the Osun election over a year ago, nothing can salvage him. No amount of Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande will save him, he’s a drowning man and he’ll be drowned.”
Mr. Omisore dismissed claims of his violent conduct as a “Lagos press
mentality.”

“I am a PhD holder, I am an academician, I am above all those things. Conversely, Aregbesola is a thug. When we formed AD in 1998, I’m telling you today for record purposes, I was a founding member of AD, he was a mere thug in AD. This is on record and you can check the facts. He was a common thug in AD in 1998. But the moment you give a slave keys to drive a car, you end up in trouble.

“The man is of very limited ideas and he has no knowledge; nothing. That is why he’s going to fail. All the noise about him are mere media creations and as the reality continues to dawn on you people, you will have to go and audit yourselves. Those of you who are in the media, because you are being bought over by these people.”

Mr. Omisore also dismissed his alleged involvement in the murder of Bola Ige, stating that he had been acquitted by the courts.

“I went through the trial and was discharged and acquitted. So, what else do you want? My standing trial over Bola Ige’s murder means that in that matter, I, Iyiola Omisore, is the only person innocent in this country. Every other person is a suspect by law. You are a suspect for Bola Ige’s murder. I’ve gone through the trial, I’ve been discharged and acquitted. I am the only person in this country that is safe and free from Bola Ige’s trial. All of you are suspects. But you refuse to accept the reality. That is wrong. That is the position of law.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164947-osun-election-%e2%80%8elarge-crowd-at-apc-rallies-come-for-entertainment-omisore.html

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Mogidi: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
“I am a PhD holder, I am an academician, I am above all those things. Conversely, Aregbesola is a thug. When we formed AD in 1998, I’m telling you today for record purposes, I was a founding member of AD, he was a mere thug in AD.

There should be no place for thugs in govt. He was a thug then he's a thug now, a well honed thug.

@ Sincere9gerian
Welcome back bro.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Tolexander: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mr. Omisore continued.
“Look at my campaign now,
I’m doing my campaign
from ward to ward. They
can’t go to any ward. They
always do their campaigns
in stadium, Ife stadium, Iwo
stadium etc.
na lie!

There is no where called ife stadium!

6 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
Call him whatever you wish.... He has attain the post of governoship b4 u and that won't in any way stop us from voting him come august.

Pot calling kettle black.

13 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Mogidi: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Neyoor: Call him whatever you wish.... He has attain the post of governoship b4 u and that won't in any way stop us from voting him come august.

Pot calling kettle black.

Bros in that stupid thread you started earlier I asked you a question, still waiting for the answer.

Why is Aregbesola losing weight?

6 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by yinchar(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
All what I read here, are just usual rants by Omi-killer, he said he had 8 cardinal programmes for Osun State...
Mr. Omisore said that his eight-cardinal programmes, if elected the governor of the state, would include the disbanding of the merger of schools by the current government, developing of human capital, and promoting regional and national integration.
But I can only count 3 or 4 so called cardinal programmes here. If disbanding of School merger is a cardinal programme by the so called PhD holder, its better I cast my vote for a known thug Aregberascal, thats is constructing massive roads, schools etc

9 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mogidi:

There should be no place for thugs in govt. He was a thug then he's a thug now, a well honed thug.

@ Sincere9gerian
Welcome back bro.
Thanks bruv

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mogidi:
Bros in that stupid thread you started earlier I asked you a question, still waiting for the answer.

So Aregbesola is loosing weight.

U can ask Ifa.

What a nonsensical question

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by GBTYO: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Odenni Rauf Aregberascal is going, going , gone!

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Mogidi: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Neyoor:

So Aregbesola is loosing weight.

U can ask Ifa.

What a nonsensical question

Its not a nonsensical question, who wants an AIDS infested governor that could spend his second tenure living in hospital?
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
What if he is not infected by AIDS. As if your father is the doctor that diagnosed him of that.

Nigerians and their bad mouth sha, what if he is a member of your family would you have wished him of that deadly ailment.

Come here with his 3 different pictures and justify yourself whether he was for once fat, before saying rubbish. Use ur brain now!
Mogidi:
Its not a nonsensical question, who wants an AIDS infested governor that could spend his second tenure living in hospital?
What if he is not infected by AIDS. As if your father is the doctor that diagnosed him of that.

Nigerians and their bad mouth sha, what if he is a member of your family would you have wished him of that deadly ailment.

Come here with his 3 different pictures and justify yourself whether he was for once fat, before saying rubbish. Use ur brain now!

9 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
I'm indifferent about the forthcoming election, they are both controversial.

That has always been the stature of Ogbeni, wahala e ti poju that's why he's lepacious.

Let the best candidate emerge, no one can really predict who'll carry the day until then. I wish whoever wins best of luck in advance.

Now to the issue of returning the schools to the original owners which is a good idea. The churches are definitely going to renovate the schools and restore the old glory of public schools.

My worry now is what would be the fate of muslims students in the state.

I don't know the actual population of people in Osun State and their religion affliations yet I believe not less than 55% of the Osun residents are Muslems.

I hope the church would not impose strict rules that would make it difficult fo the muslims to attend public schools.

That would be a dangerous act because we are going to breed another Almajaris in Osun State in another 10 to 15yrs.

This issue should be handled with care, no matter what happens, muslims should not be discouraged from going to school. We should make sure Osun does not become another northern state in another 20yrs.

The idea is good. It's going to yield positive result. Now, I don't know how they are going to do it but Mr Omisore should ensure Muslims students attend these schools because majority of the schools belong to churches.

God Bless Ilare Street,

God Bless Ile-Ife,

God Bless Ilesha,

God Bless Osun State,

God Bless Nigeria My Beloved Country.
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Mogidi: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
Neyoor: What if he is not infected by AIDS. As if your father is the doctor that diagnosed him of that.

Come here with his 3 different pictures and justify yourself whether he was for once fat, before saying rubbish. Use ur brain now!What if he is not infected by AIDS. As if your father is the doctor that diagnosed him of that.

Calm down bros, have you seen him recently? It could be a different illness but the guy is sick lets agree on that.

No one loses that amount of fat because of electioneering.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by C0llynzO2: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Whoa! This man really spits intelligence! The same man they tried to pass off as a thug? We know who the real thug is!
I am going to announce immediately
by 10th of August, all the schools should go
back to their owners.”
Confidence!

6 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by C0llynzO2: 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
So the useless OponImo Eko Ile AKA Agbamet AKA Plaindealer couldn't stop innundating us with has been withdrawn?
Propaganda is a sin!

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by tsirin(f): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Propanga has its highest order. banning of opon imo for where. Omi komi has nothing to offer. returning of school to its owner. how many students can afford to go to private school now and what are the measure that will be put in place for those that can not afford it. personally I will challenge this Omisore to a debate. PHD holder indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Tolexander: na lie!

There is no where called ife stadium!
There is nah. Ife city stadium is somewhere around road 7.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by disloman(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2014
What a joke. Insincerenigerian!what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Evergreeen123: 7:38am On Jul 16, 2014
Mogidi:

We are in the month of Ramadan. Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola is fasting

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Evergreeen123: We are in the month of Ramadan. Ogbeni Rauf Aregbeshola is fasting

na so u like my monicker reach?

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Bash92(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2014
tsirin: Propanga has its highest order. banning of opon imo for where. Omi komi has nothing to offer. returning of school to its owner. how many students can afford to go to private school now and what are the measure that will be put in place for those that can not afford it. personally I will challenge this Omisore to a debate. PHD holder indeed.
I don't know if the thing is being withdrawn but it is true that it is full of errors. I was going through it one day, I want to test my ability in Islamic religion study(cos I did IRS in my secondary school days) I answered all the question. I was marked immidiately by the tablet,after seeing my score I clicked on the option to check the correct answers for the one's I missed. And there it was, I asked "WHAT IS SHIRK?" And I picked the option which says associating partner with the oneness of Allah. The tablet picked another thing I was like what it is happening is my brain becoming so dull? I checked a text book and my IRS note back then and my answer was correct. There so many others but can't remember the question.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Tolexander: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
saxywale:
There is nah. Ife city stadium is somewhere around road 7.
it used to be close to Oranmiyan Grammar School.

when last did you visit the stadium?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Tolexander: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Konmight: I'm indifferent about the forthcoming election, they are both controversial.

That has always been the stature of Ogbeni, wahala e ti poju that's why he's lepacious.

Let the best candidate emerge, no one can really predict who'll carry the day until then. I wish whoever wins best of luck in advance.

Now to the issue of returning the schools to the original owners which is a good idea. The churches are definitely going to renovate the schools and restore the old glory of public schools.

My worry now is what would be the fate of muslims students in the state.

I don't know the actual population of people in Osun State and their religion affliations yet I believe not less than 55% of the Osun residents are Muslems.

I hope the church would not impose strict rules that would make it difficult fo the muslims to attend public schools.

That would be a dangerous act because we are going to breed another Almajaris in Osun State in another 10 to 15yrs.

This issue should be handled with care, no matter what happens, muslims should not be discouraged from going to school. We should make sure Osun does not become another northern state in another 20yrs.

The idea is good. It's going to yield positive result. Now, I don't know how they are going to do it but Mr Omisore should ensure Muslims students attend these schools because majority of the schools belong to churches.

God Bless Ilare Street,

God Bless Ile-Ife,

God Bless Ilesha,

God Bless Osun State,

God Bless Nigeria My Beloved Country.
you really made sense in this your post!

All i can say is Aregbesola is just 'overhyped' trying to assess what he did. Many of the news from Abere are nothing but propaganda!

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
Tolexander: you really made sense in this your post!

All i can say is Aregbesola is just 'overhyped' trying to assess what he did. Many of the news from Abere are nothing but propaganda!

Yeah Bro.

Both of them are controversial and criminals, reason why I don't give a damn about the damn election.

I don't know why Osun is unfortunate this time around with the abundance of Intellects in the State. We are about to enter one chance between Nov 2014 and Nov 2018.

Yet, I think we needed a change. Let AregbeRascal go and rest. Make he go chop the one wey he pack, o ti to bayen.

Let's see if OmiRascal would disappoint most of us who expected nothing good from his Nazareth.

If OmiRascal fails to deliver in 4years, then we would vote him out.

That's the beauty of DemocraZy. They can't be CraZier than us. We have the remote Control to vote them in or out.

Last Bullet....I don't like any of them YET I think we need to give OmiRascal a chance to convince us.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Tolexander: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Konmight:

Yeah Bro.

Both of them are controversial and criminals, reason why I don't give a damn about the damn election.

I don't know why Osun is unfortunate this time around with the abundance of Intellects in the State. We are about to enter one chance between Nov 2014 and Nov 2018.

Yet, I think we needed a change. Let AregbeRascal go and rest. Make he go chop the one wey he pack, o ti to bayen.

Let's see if OmiRascal would disappoint most of us who expected nothing good from his Nazareth.

That's the beauty of DemocraZy. They can't be CraZier than us. We have the remote Control to vote them in or out.

Last Bullet....I don't like any of them YET I think we need to give OmiRascal a chance to convince us.

Cheers.
when i made little research on his administration, the guy is just not the angel he claims to be.

Opon oran na scam, civil servant salary payment, Oyes, pensioneers, the school uniform, award of contracts. All are nothing but bullshìt.

Talk of road construction, he is excellent, cos the roads are of standard materials with correct drainage system.

He has left a good legacy that is meant to be followed anyway!

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Tolexander: when i made little research on his administration, the guy is just not the angel he claims to be.

Opon oran na scam, civil servant salary payment, Oyes, pensioneers, the school uniform, award of contracts. All are nothing but bullshìt.

Talk of road construction, he is excellent, cos the roads are of standard materials with correct drainage system.

He has left a good legacy that is meant to be followed anyway!

Lol at Opon Oran. You are funny Bro.

The dude has caused a lof of confusion in the state especially the merger of public schools.

Saw the Muntullar on Channels TV yesterday campaigning.

Only God knows who would carry the day sha but I'd prefer OmiRascal to AregbeRascal as our next governor.

Success Bro.
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by lakpalakpa: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
I'd prefer a thug to the killer of Bola Ige..
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by texazzpete(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
Mogidi:

So someone losing weight automatically means he has AIDS abi?

m0r0n.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by bloodykiller: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
lakpalakpa: I'd prefer a thug to the killer of my father..

ok good for you
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Firefire(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Konmight:

Yeah Bro.

Cheers.

Endorsed
Re: Osun Election: Omisore Lambasts Aregbesola; Says Incumbent Governor Is A Thug by Mogidi: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
texazzpete:

So someone losing weight automatically means he has AIDS abi?

m0r0n.

Ok you're also losing weight and I hit a raw nerve, but how about you seeing a doc pete?

Need I remind you that AIDS has debilitating effect on the human body, its a shame it has eaten away half your brain cells.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Shekau": I Started With One Knife, Now I Have 20 Armoured Tanks / Reactions Trail The Growing Popularity Of Radio Biafra / FG To Increase VAT From 5% To 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.