Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195422 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2014
bennyemmy:

bro u cn use same chordz nd as 4 dah keyz it dependz on d singer voice .....praise z al about progression nd style...also u nid 2 b kinda fast so as 2 adapt 2 dah beat given....ah wil advce u 2 dwnload sum african praise songz nd reharse...
pls what kind of african praise songz can i listen to and if i'm to play a praise song in the key of c major what keys can i use to freestyle.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by iheanyi40(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2014
I still wan learn hopefully ma lessons starts todae 4pm cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
My advice to all those that want to learn chords is DON'T LEARN CHORDS BY NOTE BUT BY NAME. How? There is nothing like Do-chord, Re-chord, et al. Rather, there are Major, minor, suspended, diminished, augmented , etc chords.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fazi15: pls what kind of african praise songz can i listen to and if i'm to play a praise song in the key of c major what keys can i use to freestyle.
pls i need help any material will do thanks.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
gameboi: My advice to all those that want to learn chords is DON'T LEARN CHORDS BY NOTE BUT BY NAME. How? There is nothing like Do-chord, Re-chord, et al. Rather, there are Major, minor, suspended, diminished, augmented , etc chords.

Pls elucidate more, I beg you! embarassed
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
gameboi: My advice to all those that want to learn chords is DON'T LEARN CHORDS BY NOTE BUT BY NAME. How? There is nothing like Do-chord, Re-chord, et al. Rather, there are Major, minor, suspended, diminished, augmented , etc chords.

yea my teacher told me that but now I need a new teacher sad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey:

yea my teacher told me that but now I need a new teacher sad

*clears throat*

You mean you also play piano?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

*clears throat*

You mean you also play piano?

am still learning
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey:

am still learning

Wow, that's nice cool

Ok! Time for questions angry

Q1: How long have you been playing piano?

Q2: Do you have a personal piano?

Q3:...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

Pls elucidate more, I beg you! embarassed
here is what I mean. If for Instance you're learning in the Key of Cmajor, The Notes would be C D E F G A B C. Most keyboardist would say Do Re Mi Fa So La ti Do'. Then when learning the chords they would say pressing Do-mi-so gives the Do-chord, re-fa-La gives the Re-chord et al. Like, what the hell is Do-chord? Is it not actually supposed to be CMajor(C-E-G), Dminor(D-F-A) Eminor(E-G-B) etc. ? I hope you understand me.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
gameboi: here is what I mean. If for Instance you're learning in the Key of Cmajor, The Notes would be C D E F G A B C. Most keyboardist would say Do Re Mi Fa So La ti Do'. Then when learning the chords they would say pressing Do-mi-so gives the Do-chord, re-fa-La gives the Re-chord et al. Like, what the hell is Do-chord? Is it not actually supposed to be CMajor(C-E-G), Dminor(D-F-A) Eminor(E-G-B) etc. ? I hope you understand me.

and why do keep stopping at etc

Pls explain into detailsssss angry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

Wow, that's nice cool

Ok! Time for questions angry

Q1: How long have you been playing piano?

Q2: Do you have a personal piano?

Q3:...

1. Not long but I've stopped because of lack of keyboard cry

2. I don't and u seriously need one.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey:

1. Not long but I've stopped because of lack of keyboard cry

2. I don't and u seriously need one.

Actually, I have one small keyboard like that and it's really helping. cheesy

So, urmm have you ever played in church?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
http://www.pianoscales.org/theory.html

For your musical theory, visit that site. cool
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

Actually, I have one small keyboard like that and it's really helping. cheesy

So, urmm have you ever played in church?

play in church ke shocked

I never reach that stage o
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by spanzed(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Was learning keyboard b4 but I backslided who can put me ryt on track
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey:

play in church ke shocked

I never reach that stage o

I guess you're afraid of playing badly, right?

Ok! stop being playingbadophobic for once, and try to press something even if it's after service, you could try out the root cords you know?

Or am I talking gibberish?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
spanzed: Was learning keyboard b4 but I backslided who can put me ryt on track

What part do you wish to know sir?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

I guess you're afraid of playing badly, right?

Ok! stop being playingbadophobic for once, and try to press something even if it's after service, you could try out the root cords you know?

Or am I talking gibberish?

yes you are grin

I've not really gone far o , I can only play a few chords and just one song I learnt which I must have forgotten since I've not touched the piano for a long while .
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by spanzed(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

What part do you wish to know sir?
let's start from the keys sir...I also notced that without constant practise its like a waste of time..how true is dat bro
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

and why do keep stopping at etc

Pls explain into detailsssss angry
I stop at 'etc.' because I don't like giving stories. But you should Know what I mean. Or don't you?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
spanzed: let's start from the keys sir...I also notced that without constant practise its like a waste of time..how true is dat bro

No it's not sir!

I'd suggest you visit this link to get the scale of the twelve keys.

http://www.pianoscales.org/major.html
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Yetundechef: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST EVER GOSPEL CONCERT TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY, ESPECIALLY IN LAGOS.
JOIN US ON OCTOBER FIRST AT ONE VOICE LAGOS CONCERT. CHECK THE FLYER AND TYPE SOMETHING IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND. GATE IS FREE.

1 Share

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by spanzed(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

No it's not sir!

I'd suggest you visit this link to get the scale of the twelve keys.

http://www.pianoscales.org/major.html
more blessing sir..Thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey:

yes you are grin

I've not really gone far o , I can only play a few chords and just one song I learnt which I must have forgotten since I've not touched the piano for a long while .

grin grin

I suggest you stick to the theory, the one you call gibberish undecided until you get a personal piano.

...and pls don't quite on keyboard, I beg you.

#sorryforthelatereply
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
gameboi: I stop at 'etc.' because I don't like giving stories. But you should Know what I mean. Or don't you?

Now I do!

Can. You pls tell me more about pentatonic scale?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

Now I do!

Can. You pls tell me more about pentatonic scale?
hmm..! why do I have this feeling that you already know the answer to what you're asking me? Anyway, Pentatonic Scale is composed of 5 notes. In the common type played by most keyboardist, the IVth and VIIth note is removed(i.e it is not played when playing through a normal scale). Rather then play a complete Cmajor scale as C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C, it would be played as C-D-E-A-G-C' (the F and B has been omitted). There are different types of pentantonic scales like the major, minor, blues,harmonic minor, etc. The major purpose of a pentatonic scale is to give any solo an Oriental feel.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
gameboi: hmm..! why do I have this feeling that you already know the answer to what you're asking me? Anyway, Pentatonic Scale is composed of 5 notes. In the common type played by most keyboardist, the IVth and VIIth note is removed(i.e it is not played when playing through a normal scale). Rather then play a complete Cmajor scale as C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C, it would be played as C-D-E-A-G-C' (the F and B has been omitted). There are different types of pentantonic scales like the major, minor, blues,harmonic minor, etc. The major purpose of a pentatonic scale is to give any solo an Oriental feel.

Wow I thought as much.

But, does that mean that I can use it to play the normal songs?

BTW, what's the formula for choosing the cords, like we have the "1 3 5, 3 5 1 & 1 5 3".
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Karleb:

Wow I thought as much.

But, does that mean that I can use it to play the normal songs?

BTW, what's the formula for choosing the cords, like we have the "1 3 5, 3 5 1 & 1 5 3".

Pentatonic songs are specially written songs. You'll need to expertly fit them into any song you want to play. For more help you can download any Korean or chinese songs, most asian songs are played with pentatones. For your second question, those are chord inversions. Most keyboardists choose the one that helps them in smooth transition from one chord to another. Modern day keyboardists now add an octave i.e 1-3-5-1(octave), 3-5-1-3(Octave). Etc. To balance between the high and low pitch.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
So now what type of chord progressions do modern keyboardist use to play praises
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fazi15: So now what type of chord progressions do modern keyboardist use to play praises
Lol. You're funny oh. chord progressions vary with songs. You can't use the same chord progression for all songs.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Good morning this morning...I'm enjoying this thread, and I salute you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.