Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (196026 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 8:47am On Sep 16, 2014
gameboi: Lol. You're funny oh. chord progressions vary with songs. You can't use the same chord progression for all songs.
i know that all songs don't have the same progression but this is what i mean-for instance if you're to play the song 'ole igwe' on the key of F major what will be the progression and style to play it because i seriously can't play that song
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Fazi15: i know that all songs don't have the same progression but this is what i mean-for instance if you're to play the song 'ole igwe' on the key of F major what will be the progression and style to play it because i seriously can't play that song
Erhm.. If the song you're talking about is the one I know, then it should be a 1-4-6-5 progression. i.e F-Bb-D-C. As in: Ole (F) Ole( Bb-D)-eh(c). That's how it is.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2014
gameboi: Erhm.. If the song you're talking about is the one I know, then it should be a 1-4-6-5 progression. i.e F-Bb-D-C. As in: Ole (F) Ole( Bb-D)-eh(c). That's how it is.
thank you very much.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Fazi15: thank you very much.
Don't mention it. We're here to help each other.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
gameboi: Pentatonic songs are specially written songs. You'll need to expertly fit them into any song you want to play. For more help you can download any Korean or chinese songs, most asian songs are played with pentatones. For your second question, those are chord inversions. Most keyboardists choose the one that helps them in smooth transition from one chord to another. Modern day keyboardists now add an octave i.e 1-3-5-1(octave), 3-5-1-3(Octave). Etc. To balance between the high and low pitch.

I actually meant, what and what key would I press to give me a chord on pentatonic scale, although I don't think I'll need that now since it really deals with the Asian music.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

grin grin

I suggest you stick to the theory, the one you call gibberish undecided until you get a personal piano.

...and pls don't quite on keyboard, I beg you.

#sorryforthelatereply
I won't , I can't even if I want to .

how are u?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Elantracey:
I won't , I can't even if I want to .
cool cheesy
That's good!

how are u?

I'm cool, really cool. smiley

U? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:
cool cheesy
That's good!

I'm cool, really cool. smiley

U? cheesy

hmmmm really cool , I like the sound of that . smiley

am good but could be better cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
Elantracey:

hmmmm really cool , I like the sound of that . smiley

am good but could be better cheesy

Could be better?

Does that mean you are missing out on some fun? wink
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

Could be better?

Does that mean you are missing out on some fun? wink

lol , not really , just kinda stressed out .
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , not really , just kinda stressed out .

With school things? undecided

Ain't you supposed to be on break by now?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

With school things? undecided

Ain't you supposed to be on break by now?

break ke

we are almost at the middle of a semester .
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Elantracey:

break ke

we are almost at the middle of a semester .

shocked shocked

Tell me, which school is that?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

shocked shocked

Tell me, which school is that?

uniben
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Elantracey:

uniben

Wow! Nice school.

That must be second semester, right?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

I actually meant, what and what key would I press to give me a chord on pentatonic scale, although I don't think I'll need that now since it really deals with the Asian music.
Erhm... If I tell you the answer to your question, would you believe me?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
gameboi: Erhm... If I tell you the answer to your question, would you believe me?

I will!! angry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

I will!! angry
Let's assume you're playing on a F on the keyboard(F-G-A-Bb-C-D-E-F) and You play a D with the left hand , what chords would you play on the right?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
gameboi: Let's assume you're playing on a F on the keyboard(F-G-A-Bb-C-D-E-F) and You play a D with the left hand , what chords would you play on the right?

G-B-D respectively!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
Karleb:

G-B-D respectively!
Hmm...! It looks like You're using slash chords. You're somewhat correct but What if I say that you're wrong?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2014
gameboi: Hmm...! It looks like You're using slash chords. You're somewhat correct but What if I say that you're wrong?

My mistake!

Its D F A.

Chaiii my teacher go flog me o embarassed

Actually, even if I was right which I know I'm not, there was never supposed to be a B on the F scale, it's supposed to be BFlat.

My problem is that I'm not really used to all these chord names, I learnt the little I know about piano with all do Re mi chords!

So pardon me bros, I won't make that costly error again.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2014
Karleb:

My mistake!

Its D F A.

Chaiii my teacher go flog me o embarassed

Actually, even if I was right which I know I'm not, there was never supposed to be a B on the F scale, it's supposed to be BFlat.

My problem is that I'm not really used to all these chord names, I learnt the little I know about piano with all do Re mi chords!

So pardon me bros, I won't make that costly error again.
You're now right by normal rules. My li'le assignment for you is to get a keyboard and play E-F-G-C with your right hand and D-A with your left hand. How does the sound feel?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2014
gameboi: You're now right by normal rules. My li'le assignment for you is to get a keyboard and play E-F-G-C with your right hand and D-A with your left hand. How does the sound feel?

Keyboard? At home.

E-piano? Just sold my SD card.

I'll surely try that as soon as possible.

But wait o, in terms of practical I'm no learner o in fact I prefer to call myself an intermediate, it's just that I'm just lagging in terms of theory sha.

Summary: that assignment is toooooooo easy, you should have just called it example.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pls can someone give me the chord progression for bini praise songs, me i'm thinking its a 1-4-5 chord progression pls share your view
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
I was just watching a keyboard tutorial I download from YouTube and the guy was playing with four fingers, a beg how many keyboardist play with four fingers here?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kilokeys(m): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
gameboi: You're now right by normal rules. My li'le assignment for you is to get a keyboard and play E-F-G-C with your right hand and D-A with your left hand. How does the sound feel?
bros e sweet o.. sounds like a dm7 add 11th.. but i prefer the E as d leading note.. sounds clogged the other way
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
kilokeys:
bros e sweet o.. sounds like a dm7 add 11th.. but i prefer the E as d leading note.. sounds clogged the other way
Yeah! You're right. This particular chord doesn't create tension like holding D-F-A would. I prefer it(E-F-G-C) with A as the leading note 'cos of the harmony it creates.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
@gameboi

Its sounds cool.

Could that be another way of playing the D F A, cause I think they sound familiar.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Karleb: @gameboi

Its sounds cool.

Could that be another way of playing the D F A, cause I think they sound familiar.
Not really, its application varies with the key you play on. That's one of the reasons you should learn chord by names 'cos there are no limitations to how a song should be played. And you should also learn to be creative. Most listeners don't want to know what you're playing all they need is good sound. And as a keyboardist you should learn to give them enough of it.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
gameboi: Not really, its application varies with the key you play on. That's one of the reasons you should learn chord by names 'cos there are no limitations to how a song should be played. And you should also learn to be creative. Most listeners don't want to know what you're playing all they need is good sound. And as a keyboardist you should learn to give them enough of it.

Another example pls cry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Karleb:

Another example pls cry
Lolz. Have you ever heard of sus2 chords before?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:44am On Sep 18, 2014
gameboi: Lolz. Have you ever heard of sus2 chords before?

No.

Care to give some explanation. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.