Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195768 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:24am On Feb 18, 2015
Karleb:
Mine is; Chordy the Jazzy Gospel Soloist. cool
only u pack all dis load.. :O
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:09am On Feb 18, 2015
zbone:

you are right. learning all keys is very essential for serious keyboard players.
I have a question for you tho, how do you know what diminished chord will work with a particular bass note? in the first example you gave, how did you know Cdim7 will go well with the 7 on the bass, or is something one has to learn by ear? tanxs

Nice question...I know dat becos of d notes in the dim chord(Eb,F#,A) dis notes can be manipulated in various ways apart from being a dim chords to voice ur 7,3,6. I Ave a video on dat I posted here. For d 3 u might also use on your right hand :Ddim7(D,F,Ab,B,addD) and appregio matters a lot to...for A maj (B,D,F,Ab,B) dis are just variations using dim chord for ur 7,3,6...I might post d tritone version later to but I Ave d videos already on previous pages here. thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:23am On Feb 18, 2015
For more explanation lemme share dis beautiful 736 also for emphasis.
on C maj Pls rehearse on all keys it almost time to sleep here. (smiles)
7.. LH - B,Eb. RH - A,D,F#
3.... E,Ab. -D,G,C
6..... A-A. RH. -GBCE
7- B7#9
3- E7#5#9
6- CMaj7/A
Trust me I can flip dis to sound differently over and over don't just play dem as a block chord...Appregios and so on(Trust U)
It's cool to know ur chords by name may not be putting dem most times dats coz most times I don't really plan I just get here and feel lemme drop something as d spirit leads and pram!!!dats all..unplanned
Check my videos for details apologies for d audio next videos will be free of dat...Good day
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Nice question...I know dat becos of d notes in the dim chord(Eb,F#,A) dis notes can be manipulated in various ways apart from being a dim chords to voice ur 7,3,6. I Ave a video on dat I posted here. For d 3 u might also use on your right hand :Ddim7(D,F,Ab,B,addD) and appregio matters a lot to...for A maj (B,D,F,Ab,B) dis are just variations using dim chord for ur 7,3,6...I might post d tritone version later to but I Ave d videos already on previous pages here. thanks
I just love diminished chords for the dissonance it adds to ones playing. like the fact that you mentioned appeggios. thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is what I wanted to share:

In the key of F( F G A Bb C D E F), the minors are G A D.
As usual, one would expect the G(being a minor) to be played as G Bb D(or in any of its inversions). Well, I just discovered another way of playing minor chords to give them a new feel. It's by Substituting the Minors with a Maj7 chord.

Rather than play Gmin as G-Bb-D, use the major of Gmin and add a major 7th to it.

The major of of Gmin is Bb. Therefore Gmin should be played as Bbmaj7( A Bb [D] F ).
The Combination then becomes, Bbmaj7//G D(i.e Bbmaj7 chord with the right hand and G D on the left)

Same thing applies to Amin. The major of Amin is C. Therefore Amin should be played as Cmaj7(B C [E] G). The combination then becomes Cmaj7//A E.

And for Dmin, the Major of Dmin is Fmaj. Therefore Dmin should be played as Fmaj7( E F [A] C). The combination on both hands becomes Fmaj7//D A.

NB: the notes in square brackets are optional

Cc: Karleb, Zbone, dehero1, et al.

Drammadiddy welcome back. I know you know what I posted already. So there's no need to refer you to it.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
For more explanation lemme share dis beautiful 736 also for emphasis.
on C maj Pls rehearse on all keys it almost time to sleep here. (smiles)
7.. LH - B,Eb. RH - A,D,F#
3.... E,Ab. -D,G,C
6..... A-A. RH. -GBCE
7- B7#9
3- E7#5#9
6- CMaj7/A
Trust me I can flip dis to sound differently over and over don't just play dem as a block chord...Appregios and so on(Trust U)
It's cool to know ur chords by name may not be putting dem most times dats coz most times I don't really plan I just get here and feel lemme drop something as d spirit leads and pram!!!dats all..unplanned
Check my videos for details apologies for d audio next videos will be free of dat...Good day

The Summary for your style of play in One word is... WICKED grin

You Love harsh chords. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Karleb:

Ok. smiley

But wharrabout the 7th in a 6minor you were talking about?

Yea. The dom7 is allowed.

I'll try to post an audio of how I added it to a song later.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
gameboi:

The Summary for your style of play in One word is... WICKED grin

You Love harsh chords. cheesy

There is God ooo I know understanding wet in u talk my boss ooo smiley
Maybe sha
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
gameboi:
This is what I wanted to share:

In the key of F( F G A Bb C D E F), the minors are G A D.
As usual, one would expect the G(being a minor) to be played as G Bb D(or in any of its inversions). Well, I just discovered another way of playing minor chords to give them a new feel. It's by Substituting the Minors with a Maj7 chord.

Rather than play Gmin as G-Bb-D, use the major of Gmin and add a major 7th to it.

The major of of Gmin is Bb. Therefore Gmin should be played as Bbmaj7( A Bb [D] F ).
The Combination then becomes, Bbmaj7//G D(i.e Bbmaj7 chord with the right hand and G D on the left)

Same thing applies to Amin. The major of Amin is C. Therefore Amin should be played as Cmaj7(B C [E] G). The combination then becomes Cmaj7//A E.

And for Dmin, the Major of Dmin is Fmaj. Therefore Dmin should be played as Fmaj7( E F [A] C). The combination on both hands becomes Fmaj7//D A.

NB: the notes in square brackets are optional

Cc: Karleb, Zbone, dehero1, et al.

Drammadiddy welcome back. I know you know what I posted already. So there's no need to refer you to it.
nicely illustrated this is nice
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Been rehearsing crazy lately.. Hope you guys will follow me.. I played a progression that is usual in worship.. 5-1-4-b5-7-3-6-2-3-4-5-1

Here are the chords.. And also a recording so you can know how to play it

S r tau//tau r f la
D s m//l r s
F d m//l r->m s
Fi tau//mo zi do
Ti fi l//mo s l r
Fi tau re//zi ti di mi
Zi re//f fi-zi r
La s//m l d
Re l d//m f l d
Mi ti re//fi so ti r
Fa d mi//s l d m
F zi ti r
D s r//tau d m s d

http://www.2shared.com/audio/dE_WfQVG/5-1-4.html

I suggest you download first then learn the chords later.. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 12:03am On Feb 19, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Been rehearsing crazy lately.. Hope you guys will follow me.. I played a progression that is usual in worship.. 5-1-4-b5-7-3-6-2-3-4-5-1

S r tau//tau r f la
D s m//l r s
F d m//l r->m s
Fi d//m l d
Ti fi l//mo s l r
Fi tau re//zi ti di mi
Zi re//f fi-zi r
La s//m l d
Re l d//m f l d
Mi ti re//fi so ti r
Fa d mi//s l d m
F zi ti r
D s r//tau d m s d

U no go kill person...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 12:11am On Feb 19, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Lol something just entered my mind now.. What name would you like to be called this year in music.. I'lld love to hear people call me "Kele the chord master".. Let's hear from everyone, no need to be shy, this is a way to motivate yourself

Branded Chordz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:44am On Feb 19, 2015
DeHero1:

U no go kill person...
lol that's not the motive
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:45am On Feb 19, 2015
DeHero1:

Branded Chordz
nice to know everyone is headed somewhere
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:25am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dramadiddy:

S r tau//tau r f la
D s m//l r s
F d m//l r->m s
Fi tau//mo zi do
Ti fi l//mo s l r
Fi tau re//zi ti di mi
Zi re//f fi-zi r
La s//m l d
Re l d//m f l d
Mi ti re//fi so ti r
Fa d mi//s l d m
F zi ti r
D s r//tau d m s d

abeg, transcribe these chords. Tell us the chord names.

I don't know what mo, zi, fe is.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
gameboi:

di/de is a sharpened do/flattened re, mo is a sharpened re/flattened mi, fi/fe is a sharpened fa/flattened soh, zi/ze is a sharpened so/flattened la, tau/toh is a sharpened la/flattened ti.. U get me now?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
gameboi:

seriously, you don't know what mo, fe, zi are?
e be like say na julliard you learn piano
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dramadiddy:
di/de is a sharpened do/flattened re, mo is a sharpened re/flattened mi, fi/fe is a sharpened fa/flattened soh, zi/ze is a sharpened so/flattened la, tau/toh is a sharpened la/flattened ti.. U get me now?
Okay. I understand you now.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
zbone:

seriously, you don't know what mo, fe, zi are?
e be like say na julliard you learn piano

No, before now I didn't know what they were.

I learnt how to play the keyboard on my own. I can only recognise the notes by sound not by name.

By the way, who's julliard?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=gameboi post=30986868]
No, before now I didn't know what they were.

I learnt how to play the keyboard on my own. I can only recognise the notes by sound not by name.

By the way, who's julliard? [/quote)

I was just kidding. julliard is a music institution abroad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
Good evening house I just did a video on highlife part 1 will post the youtube url soonest, just some simple progression runs and so on for Nigeria Highlife
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
One thing I've realized about foreign keyboardist is that they'll never tell you a chord is do, re or mi, they will rather tell you the name as in A, F or G# or the chord names like G diminished, B added 9,C# argumented and so on. That's it for them.

@gameboi where is thy audio?

@pianist we are anxiously waiting for the link.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
And this is the link to our awaited Video...watch and download. We bless God for the success of the first part.
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJaZfXXxAKI
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
And this is the link to our awaited Video...watch and download. We bless God for the success of the first part.
Thanks

nice, really nice!! I enjoyed that
this is what I have been talking about.
eagerly waiting for the second part. well done
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Thanks

Man! You killed it!
I never wanted it to finish, infact I already subscribed to your channel.

Anxiously awaiting the part 2.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
To even think I've known the d m d m d l l baseline for a while now, see how someone else exploited it with correct chords, riffs and solo. I guess it's high time I started having fun with my baselines.

Mehn! embarassed
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
Good Day everybody (sirs nd ma's) ...the second part of the Nigeria Gospel highlife piano tutorial will be out very soon live on youtube. To keep in touch Pls click and subscribe to our channel below.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIoV5gz-knGWxMWRLlmQ2sA

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Thanks

I enjoyed that solo... more inspirationzzz
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
DeHero1:

I enjoyed that solo... more inspirationzzz

Amen oo (smiles)
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Amen oo (smiles)

I'd really love to see that girl play. Can you do me a favour of telling her she has a nice voice?

gameboi!!! Wey you!? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.