Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195792 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2015
Dramadiddy:
xmas b5-7-3 progression on C

F# Bb//Eb Ab C
B A//E Ab B
E C//C D G

voice note demonstration http://www.2shared.com/audio/ahUgyYwL/Rd20141225103536.html
Here it is. You didn't break down d notes.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by yomiaishida: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
jcgodfrey:

U can get it on kickasstorrent.com or kickassto.com, I believe. Or just google kickasstorrent, it will take u there. And search for "Learn and Master Piano." That's the name of the file/programme.

Pls, did you buy d program and for wat price if u bought it?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
kingobozy:
Here it is. You didn't break down d notes.
okay the notes are

Fe tau// moh zi do

Ti la// mi zi ti

Mi do//do re so
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
Dramadiddy:
okay the notes are
Fe tau// moh zi do

Ti la// mi zi ti

Mi do//do re so
thanks!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
Watch out for my PIANO LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS COURSE DVD Coming out soon...Trust me it's going to be loaded with stuffs that will benefit both beginners and most intermediate. U can start calling for booking...+2347037367597, +2348110835146

Follow on Instagram @johnsonkeyz
Twitter : @johnsonkeyz
BlackBerry Pin: 2AC085D1
Mail: Johnsonkeyz2015@gmail.com,
Mail 2 : segunoluremi2011@yahoo.com
Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=934404249903763&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=C

Pls Rebroadcast
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bosville:
Yes....am not sure if tuning is the ryt word. if one hits a particular chord on the piano in order for it to merge with a voice or song what is it called?

For 1 to 7 of a major scale or like they call it; the "DRMFSLT" it's:

LH RH
D D//D M S
R R// R F L
M M//M S T
F F//F L D
S S//S T R
L L//L D M
T T//T R F
D D//DM S

Note: LH & RH = left hand and right hand.

There 12 major scales on the piano and you can read about them at www.pianoscales.org.

As per the second question; it doesn't really have a name it's just a way you as a keyboardist search for the right key. Turning means another thing.

You need to be playing keyboard for a while to master that, I'll give you a YouTube video the next time I come online.

Feel free to ask your questions and sorry for the late reply.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Bosville(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
Karleb:

For 1 to 7 of a major scale or like they call it; the "DRMFSLT" it's:

LH RH
D D//D M S
R R// R F L
M M//M S T
F F//F L D
S S//S T R
L L//L D M
T T//T R F
D D//DM S

Note: LH & RH = left hand and right hand.

There 12 major scales on the piano and you can read about them at www.pianoscales.org.

As per the second question; it doesn't really have a name it's just a way you as a keyboardist search for the right key. Turning means another thing.

You need to be playing keyboard for a while to master that, I'll give you a YouTube video the next time I come online.

Feel free to ask your questions and sorry for the late reply.
thanks alot bro....I've already started playing those scales u listed, the thing is i don't know much bout music theory....i guess my first question should have been 'Simple chord progressions for starters'....I'll be glad as u help. untold thanks in tow.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Bosville:
thanks alot bro....I've already started playing those scales u listed, the thing is i don't know much bout music theory....i guess my first question should have been 'Simple chord progressions for starters'....I'll be glad as u help. untold thanks in tow.

Since you asked:

1 4 1 5 or D F D S
4 1 5 1 or F D S D
7 3 6 2 5 1 or T M L R S D
6 2 5 1 or L R S D
1 4 5 1 or D F S D
1 4 5 3 6 2 5 1 or D F S M L R S D.
1 5 4 1 or D S F D

That should be enough to get you started.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Ephemmm: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
na only for keyboardists o but you can ask a general musical question and I'll answer...I know say u be drummer I no sabi strokes and chops

Please how can I be a saxophonist within the shortest period of time: I am always inspired whenever I see that instrument.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ephemmm:

Please how can I be a saxophonist within the shortest period of time: I am always inspired whenever I see that instrument.
you can only do that if you don't have any work doing. So its better you learn accurately and don't forget cos if you rush, you will
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Ephemmm: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dramadiddy:
you can only do that if you don't have any work doing. So its better you learn accurately and don't forget cos if you rush, you will

Do you know of any centre(s) in Lagos where it could be learned?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ephemmm:

Do you know of any centre(s) in Lagos where it could be learned?
http://www.tenstrings.org/
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
Once upon a time, a group of 50 people attended a seminar. Suddenly the speaker stopped and started giving each person a balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the. balloons were collected and put in another room. Now these delegates were let in that room and asked to find the balloon which had their respective names written on within5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for their names, pushing and colliding with each other, and there was utter chaos. At the end of 5 minutes, no one could find their own balloons. Now each one was asked to randomly collect a balloon and giveit to the person whose name was written on it. Within minutes everyone had their own balloons. The speaker began:"This is exactly what is happening in our lives. Everyone isfrantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is. Our happiness lies in the happiness ofother people. Help them Find their happiness and you willget your own happiness too. And this is the purpose of human life... Learn to put a smile onone's face, and U will also smile in due season.We always think of valentine day Birth day Father's day Mother's day Children's day Our day Farmer's day Teacher's day Boxing day Christmas day,Independence day. This day That day. Have u also thought of JUDGEMENT DAY is it going to be aday of celebration or condemnation for u?If you're safe, what about ur friends & ur loved ones. Show some love & tell them about d JUDGEMENT DAY. Remind them of their duties to GOD as a way of paving way for them to have a smooth journey to the grave and eventually to sail through on the day of reckoning. Pls pass dis to ur loved one .pls don't say later, tomorrow may be too late.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Rick9(m): 12:29am On Aug 15, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
A pastor was struggling to prepare his sermon and didn't want to be disturbed by his five year old daughter, so he removed a map of the world from his study, tore it into pieces and gave it to her to assemble with the promise that he would answer all her questions and play with her when she was done. He knew she would never be able to fix it. To his amazement, in less than five minutes, she returned to him in his study with the map in perfect shape, every continent and every country in its place. The surprised father asked, ''Honey, u don't know anything about geography, so how did u fix the world so easily and quickly? The five year old girl smiled sweetly and replied, ''The picture of JESUS was at back of the map and i knew that if i have JESUS in the right place, the whole world would be in perfect shape''That was just the right inspiration he needed for his sermon. He thanked his daughter and prepared a powerful sermon on the subject Fix your world by placing JESUS at the right place. Just place JESUS in his rightful place and your life will be in order. I hope you understand this just like I do. Join me to spread it to the world, let them know that THEIR WORLD CAN NOT BE COMPLETELY FIXED WITHOUT JESUS...HOOK ONTO JESUS TODAY AND FORGET UR WORRY. Wishing u d blessedness of d Lord
This is so sweet I need your permission to share it on ma facebook wall.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2015
Rick9:
This is so sweet I need your permission to share it on ma facebook wall.

No problem. Bro

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Open Heavens - Sunday, August 16, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye
Topic - PEACE THROUGH HIS PRESENCE

Memorise:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Romans 5:1

Read:
Exodus 14:13-14

13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14 The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

The assurance that God is on the side of the righteous and not against them, gives peace to their life. It is commonly said that “One with God is majority.” Even if the whole world is against you, as long as you know that God is on your side, you will not be afraid. As a child of God, because God has justified and cleansed you, there is now peace between you and Him (Romans 5:1). The rift of separation is gone! Condemnation is also gone! Praise God! As long as God stands by you, nobody can withstand you (Romans 8:31). If God is for you, it means that He loves you and if He loves you, He will personally take over the battles of your life. As you simply praise and worship Him, He will arise and engage your enemies in battle. You can be certain He will bring victory back to you. While facing the Red Sea with no visible way to cross it, the children of Israel suddenly had the Egyptian army rushing furiously towards them. Faced with this impossible situation, Moses said this to them in Exodus 14:14:
“The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.”

When you have the Commander-in-Chief of the heavenly hosts fighting for you, oh what peace and joy will flood your heart in the midst of the storms of life! As long as Jesus, the Prince of Peace, is in your boat, that boat will never sink. A song writer wrote, “…No water can swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean and earth and skies”. This is so true. You can go to sleep in the midst of an earthquake when God is with you. That was why Peter could sleep so deep after his arrest. Acts 12:6-7 tells of how he slept, bound between two soldiers:
“And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.”
He knew that even though he was in prison, He was safely in God’s hands. He also knew that God can do the impossible whenever He decides to. Are you anxious over how you will come out of that impossible situation? Fear not! What did Peter do to come out? Nothing! He slept while others prayed, yet he came out. You are coming out today in Jesus’ Name. Because God is with you, you will never fall.

Key point:
The peace that God gives cannot be eroded by the storms of life.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dannyboy995(m): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Pls you guys should drop your numbers for intermediate keyboardists like us(me) so you can help us and impact in us....God Bless you as you do this.....@ Dramadiddy,JcGodfrey, and Karleb. Thanks Bosses!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dannyboy995:
Pls you guys should drop your numbers for intermediate keyboardists like us(me) so you can help us and impact in us....God Bless you as you do this.....@ Dramadiddy,JcGodfrey, and Karleb. Thanks Bosses!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by sammy329(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Pls I need tonic solfa note of popular gospel hymn
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
sammy329:
Pls I need tonic solfa note of popular gospel hymn
Why do you need solfas when you can create them yourself, the truth about music is that you can play what you know.

Pick up an hymn you know and play it, you might not get it at first but before you're through with 20 hymns, hymns wouldn't seem like a biggie to you.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
What is happening on this thread?? It has suddenly become dormant. Where are all the big goons? Nothing to share? Cmon guys let's re-ignite the dying flames of this thread by sharing what we have learnt and scored this month to the rest of the house so other up coming keyboardist can benefit from.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hi guys. Just wanna share an easy 3 6 2 5 1 movement on the key of Db. I use it often when playing worship songs.

LH (left hand)/ RH (right hand)
3- F/ F Ab C Eb (Fmin7)

6- Bb/ F Ab C D (Bbmaj9)

2- Eb / Eb Gb Bb Db (Ebmin7)

5- Ab / Eb Gb Bb C (Ab7add9)

1- Db/ F Ab C Eb (DbMaj7add9)

...and here is another variation with a diminished chord as the 6 (the big 6 chord)

LH / RH

3- F C Eb / Ab C Eb G (Fmin7add9)

6- Bb F / Ab B D F (Ab). (Abdim/Bb)

2- Eb Bb Eb / Gb Bb Db F. ( Ebmin7add9)

5- Ab Eb / Gb Bb Db Eb. ( Gb/Ab or Abmaj7add9)

1- Db Ab Db / Bb Eb Ab. (Dbsus2)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 12:02am On Aug 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dannyboy995(m): 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pls I need advanced chords on fsmlrsd, dfds, dlrs, dslf, lfds....Thanks to any that's ready to give out.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Look up on previous posts you'll find what you're looking for. ... you can still use dis once in the meantime.
LH / RH f-. f l s / l r d m
s. s t f / t r s l
m. m t r / s d r s or t r m s
l. l m s / t d s (l)
r. r l d / l d m f

s. s r s/ l d f

d. d. s d / m s t m
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by kingobozy: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Dannyboy995:
Pls I need advanced chords on fsmlrsd, dfds, dlrs, dslf, lfds....Thanks to any that's ready to give out.

Look up on previous posts you'll find what you're looking for.
... you can still use dis once in the meantime.

LH / RH
f-. f l s / l r d m

s. s t f / t r s l

m. m t r / s d r s or t r m s

l. l m s / t d s (l)

r. r l d / l d m f

s. s r s/ l d f

d. d. s d / m s t m
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxoVUj2EAMM

Jamming with the Guys after rehearsal at Gethsamane Prayer Ministries
You don't wanna miss this
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
A worship chord progression on the key of D.

A A//E A C# (Aminor)
E E//E G# B D (Emajor7)
F# C# F#//F# A C# (F#minor)
D D//D F# A (Dmajor)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.