Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges (5454 Views)

Modu Sheriff Will Work For Us In APC – Governor Of Kano / Former APC Chairman, 3 Lawmakers, Others Defect To PDP / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: GEJ has just set a bad precedence.
a very bad one
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by pendusky(m): 6:35am On Jul 16, 2014
They said Jonathan is weak and Clueless, And now there saying

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:37am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: Mr. You did not follow the process the whole thing boils down to the Letter Nyako Wrote. The Presidency asked him to retract it but he refused and stood by his letter. Jonathan should have charged him for LIBEL if he feels that the letter was aimed at malignig his image and reputation.

Also, if there is/are any evidence linking him to Boko-Haram, that is "Terrorism" which has its own penalty in Nigeria's penal code. I wonder whether you are a member of DSS or the military that you wl make such assertion which is not in public space. Be careful of your choice of words bros.

Did that letter make any sense?
Was that letter not divisive and inflammatory towards an ethnic group? The same useless letter even presented GEJ as an Ibo and warned the Ibos to reign in their son.
Given the highly polarized situation the country is currently undergoing that letter was the last thing Nigerians needed to read from a person of such elevated position.

Finally, has the FG arraigned him yet in any court and what charges have been presented?

7 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Kassidy4luv(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2014
.................. A supporter of APC EX-GOVERNOR..........

Where is president Kwankwaso?
Where is Justice Salami?
Where is Atiku?
Where is Tinubu?

Nemesis has caught up with this man, the consequencies of " JANJAWEEDISM"

Ndi ara
Ndi ara
Le le, lekwa ha
Ha choro iri Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Ghost Mode, Them no go see our President.

PDP till BOKO HARAM becomes a political party.

8 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 6:39am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: I can see that you are not comprehending my comments

For the sake of this argument kindly restate in your opinion the latest sin of Mr. President.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by talktimi(m): 6:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako you chop civil servants money abi you no chop am ? How will you look your 13yr old girlfriend in the eye and tell her you were sacked for stealing from low income workers

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by phayvoursky(m): 6:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Trouble (GEJ) de sleep Iyanga (NYAKO) go wake am.

The man from otuoke get sense o.

Can somebody give me reasons why GEJ won't rule till 2019. even the blind can see.

9 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by egbaguy: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2014
yes,i hate pdp............yes,i av sympathy for apc............murtala nyako's letter was nothing but stupid!!!!!!!!!!! How he became an admiral in the navy remains a mystery to me. He deserve all these.

5 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Chamack: 6:49am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: the "Treasonable" charges is a Silly move. Its one of the silliest moves ever since the beginning of Nigeria's political and democratic history.

Btw, it wl be wise for you to dissociate "Ijaw" from Jonathan's actions. The decision he took was Mr. Jonathan's decision and not necessarily Ijaw decision. I wouldn't want Ijaw Vs others thread
Has nyako being charged? Why are disturbing our peace with treasonable offense? Wait until he is charged with that offense before biko.

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Chamack: Has nyako being charged? Why are disturbing our peace with treasonable offense? Wait until he is charged with that offense before biko.
read the article
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by tandj: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako dug his grave the day he read out that letter.
All my life, even in a community meeting, I have never come across such arrogant and I dare u attitude from a sitting official.
In a sane environment, the masses would have revolted for his removal and trial immediately.

Bc he thinks is an ex military man and older,he can boldly point an accusing finger to a sitting security officer of which he is a member of his team.

No sentiment. But we know that the day Jonathan made him reread the letter was d day he signed his death warrant.
It is never and will never be happen elsewhere.
Let others take note.
Do what d masses elected u to do and go ur way.
When will we get it right?

5 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by samoks(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2014
I'm one of those neutrals neither for PDP nor APC.

But to say the wholesome truth, Nyako deserves what he's getting. It is for this same reason that Buhari has never opened his mouth to accuse Jonathan directly of such crimes as Nyako did.

In politics you need to be smart. There's a saying that 'it is the respect people have for the crown that prevents them from slapping the king'.

But Nyako didn't respect the crown, and he's now being made to face the punishment.

To all those who are BLINDLY supporting Nyako just because he is of APC, what do you think would have happened if all the Northern Governors rose up against the IGBOS and the President as Nyako told them in his letter? Please let us be objective here. The man committed a treasonable felony, so must be made to face the music.

On the other, I think and believe Jonathan is not actually sincere on his part. He is only fighting those who are against him, using corruption charges to dislodge them, although they might be guilty as charged. Just the way OBJ did during his time.

There are many PDP governors who are worse than Nyako corruption-wise, but Jonathan is turning a deaf ear all because they are loyal to him. This is actually the problem we are facing as a nation.

Until we discover a leader who will wholeheartedly fight corruption, who will spare nothing, spare no one even if he/she is his/her brother or sister, Nigeria will continue to move at a snail pace or worse still, taking one step forward, and two steps backward.

But the truth is that we do not have such persons yet in Nigeria. Left right and center, all we have is just recycling of OLD JUNKS who are head bent on remaining in power till their dying day.

Now Amodu Sheriff has defected to PDP, to all the APC supporters, he's no longer a saint, nor progressive, he's now a Boko Haram Sponsor, and to PDP supporters, he's no longer a Boko Haram financier, but a saint, just like Fani Kayode, who ran from APC to PDP so that the charges against him would be lifted, and not surprisingly so, he has been acquitted and absorbed of any wrong doing by the EFCC.

Nigerians, when will we learn? When will we say enough is enough?

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Chamack: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: read the article
I read it, until you read what the court charges against him.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by experimentist: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2014
Would they have impeached this man if he is still in PDP? These fool are doing all this for their own selfish interest, pretending to be doing it for the benefit of the nation..

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by phayvoursky(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2014
samoks: I'm one of those neutrals neither for PDP nor APC.

But to say the wholesome truth, Nyako deserves what he's getting. It is for this same reason that Buhari has never opened his mouth to accuse Jonathan directly of such crimes as Nyako did.

In politics you need to be smart. There's a saying that 'it is the respect people have for the crown that prevents them from slapping the king'.

But Nyako didn't respect the crown, and he's now being made to face the punishment.

To all those who are BLINDLY supporting Nyako just because he is of APC, what do you think would have happened if all the Northern Governors rose up against the IGBOS and the President as Nyako told them in his letter? Please let us be objective here. The man committed a treasonable felony, so must be made to face the music.

On the other, I think and believe Jonathan is not actually sincere on his part. He is only fighting those who are against him, using corruption charges to dislodge them, although they might be guilty as charged. Just the way OBJ did during his time.

There are many PDP governors who are worse than Nyako corruption-wise, but Jonathan is turning a deaf ear all because they are loyal to him. This is actually the problem we are facing as a nation.

Until we discover a leader who will wholeheartedly fight corruption, who will spare nothing, spare no one even if he/she is his/her brother or sister, Nigeria will continue to move at a snail pace or worse still, taking one step forward, and two steps backward.

But the truth is that we do not have such persons yet in Nigeria. Left right and center, all we have is just recycling of OLD JUNKS who are head bent on remaining in power till their dying day.

Now Amodu Sheriff has defected to PDP, to all the APC supporters, he's no longer a saint, nor progressive, he's now a Boko Haram Sponsor, and to PDP supporters, he's no longer a Boko Haram financier, but a saint, just like Fani Kayode, who ran from APC to PDP so that the charges against him would be lifted, and not surprisingly so, he has been acquitted and absorbed of any wrong doing by the EFCC.

Every country with its own system of Politics.

This is Nigeria's system of politics; interesting and always have something new to talk about. I love it this way.

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2014
Oga Jona is showing who the boss is! Nyako will spend eternity in Jail first then Hell. That's a big one!

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Firefire(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2014
No comments.

Nyako, go and face the court and explain yourself with empirical evidence of your allegations.

GoodLuck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by jericco1(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Ba imunity clause ne? Mei haka?

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2014
thunderrider:

Kindly get me 1
it will be highly appreciated
shocked shocked shocked

Read it here; http://ikemnmezi4u..co.uk/2014/04/full-text-of-memo-by-nyako-to-northern.html?m=1
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by ChinoElects: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2014
Fashola is next, he will likely serve jail term alongside Nyako!

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Trut(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by activatenigeria: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako knows he is quity of all the offences levied against him, if he wasn't he would have appeared at the panel to clear himself,it will even surprise you to know that PDP or GEJ had nothing to do with his impeachment, it was an APC agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 7:32am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: the "Treasonable" charges is a Silly move. Its one of the silliest moves ever since the beginning of Nigeria's political and democratic history.

Btw, it wl be wise for you to dissociate "Ijaw" from Jonathan's actions. The decision he took was Mr. Jonathan's decision and not necessarily Ijaw decision. I wouldn't want Ijaw Vs others thread

treason [ tree -zuhn ]
noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Nyako's letter is very treasonous. And the fact he wrote it while in a position of trust as the governor of Adamawa state makes it even more treasonous.

That's the difference between his letter and obasanjo's own.

4 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2014
samoks: I'm one of those neutrals neither for PDP nor APC.

The bolded are the reasons why his letter is considered treasonous and rightly so.

cc Barcanista

5 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Desric(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2014
Now who said the President wasn't behind Nyako's impeachment? anyway to all you newly recruited kobo kobo e-rants on nairaland, "we've been here before in this country, so this is not the first time but we pray it should be the last; Nigeria has out grown this level of myopic childish intimidating politics, FYI, Abacha did it, with massive propaganda, jingles, intimidation and oppression just to become a civilian or life president, in fact in his case all five political parties in the country adopted him as their consensus candidate and we know the region who even organized a 2million man march of solidarity, but as we all know, today the rest as they say is history needless to say more; Objbaba also ventured through this path just to remain in the presidency for a third tenure, as a result, Nuhu Ribadu of the EFCC was made a mini god and super star overnight, but today as well, we all know the way it all went, so don't think you are doing alien or new to Nigeria because we've all been there and we know how they ended. Nothing lasts forever, power is transient.... Do not be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by simplynola(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2014
And so who probes the house? Are they free from corruption? Nigeria! i weep
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 7:47am On Jul 16, 2014
tandj: Nyako dug his grave the day he read out that letter.
All my life, even in a community meeting, I have never come across such arrogant and I dare u attitude from a sitting official.
In a sane environment, the masses would have revolted for his removal and trial immediately.

Bc he thinks is an ex military man and older,he can boldly point an accusing finger to a sitting security officer of which he is a member of his team.

No sentiment. But we know that the day Jonathan made him reread the letter was d day he signed his death warrant.
It is never and will never be happen elsewhere.
Let others take note.
Do what d masses elected u to do and go ur way.
When will we get it right?

The guy was very clueless. He could deny writing the letter in court and rigmarole his way out. But reading that letter at the council meeting and agreeing he wrote it removed all doubts.

And considering he was giving a chance to retract the letter and recant the statement. He was drowning in his own ego.

Now history will remember him as the first political office holder to be tried for treason in the 4th republic

4 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

treason [ tree -zuhn ]
noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Nyako's letter is very treasonous. And the fact he wrote it while in a position of trust as the governor of Adamawa state makes it even more treasonous.

That's the difference between his letter and obasanjo's own.
what part of the letter relate to what you posted? Na wa yu o!
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by AustineE1: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: let me start by saying that you are a shamless f0ol! Yes....

How can yu a living nonetity support such witch-hunt of Admiral Nyako? Sane people will cheer government whenever they prosecute public officials for corruption but the "Treasonable" charge is a fallacy! Anyway, you are a paid agent/robot, I you can't reason like other humans.
when you spew nonsense online just to impress a few,it doesnt make you intelligent,it rather exposes your ignorance,you made a lot of noise about 'treasonable felony',am sure you are nt a legal practitioner,Nyako's letter was a clear case of treason,he was calling for genocide against the Igbos,he told the whole world that the president was sponsoring the Boko haram activities in the North-East so as to render the zone useless,he was virtually calling for a violent revolution and indirectly calling for a coup against the president.....incase you dont know,'treasonable felony',is charge against a person that has by his action directly or indirectly committed a crime that undermine's the government and equally as a government official an utmost disloyalty by virtue of subversive behaviour,so i think its better you allow the lawyers to do their Job and stop playing the victim.Let the defense counsel meet with 'all the presidents men'in court and lets see who's fingers is burnt.

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by GBTYO: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: what part of the letter relate to what you posted? Na wa yu o!

stop spewing lies here.

He was right on point with the contents of your supporter of APC disgraced governor's letter

4 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Bright2(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2014
If you don't want to have problem with the devil,do not go for worldly things.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

The bolded are the reasons why his letter is considered treasonous and rightly so.

cc Barcanista
the bold you quoted is NOT Treasonable but Inciteful (though I did not see where he called on the north to attack igbos in d letter). Hence, Incite charge may not yield fruit but "An intent to incite" would yield IF the prosecutors can prove beyond doubt... I don't think it wl be wise for me to continue correspondence with you on political issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obanikoro Insults Tinubu - Says His Teeth Is More Yellow Than A Sunflower / WHO OWNS LAGOS? / Gov Obiano’s Wife Tears His Shirt In Public 4 Inviting Mistress E State Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.