Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! (21139 Views)

This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / My Discussion With A Government Contractor Who Wants GEJ Out - Agabai23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2014
It quite annoying and disheartening how politicians play with the lives of innocent citizens. I just got to work this morning to notice the collapse of the pedestrian bridge constructed by Oyo state government to ease the movement of people from Apete town via The Polytechnic Ibadan. As a matter of fact, I condemned the newly constructed pedestrian bridge as a professional in the field of construction on this platform;being cheap and lacked the factors of safety. The State government came with her press crew to cover the completion and politicize the whole fiasco. Its very laughable that this government is insensitive to the plight of the masses as they are scoring cheap political point with projects at the Central district of the town why neglecting ones at the developing areas. The Ajimobi led government has got a lot of cases to answer. Thank God no life was lost. We need to challenge governance in this nation;be it APC or PDP. God bless Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by orlaryhincah(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmmn Prof pics or it never happen

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Obinoscopy(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Pictures please.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Here are the pictures

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2014
More pictures
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2014
More

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by alakara(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Lol. Thanks no life was lost.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Omexonomy: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2014
All these south west governos who a better of being a clown standing by the road side.
In order to satisfy tinubu pocket they went ahead to do a wack and shoddy job. A so called ultra mordern school colapse in osun state two days to commisionig by O'aregbe.

29 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Since people gathered, I believe you...

Shame on the wicked government..

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by datbay(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Ajimobi,Wat do u have to say this time?

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Lool grin • Kpele!! It is well »

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by texaco1: 11:05am On Jul 16, 2014
Were u expecting anything good from an apc governor ? Na wa for u ooo

5 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by C0llynzO2: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2014
*In Ajimobi's voice* The bridge was blown up by PDP.

26 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2014
They should blame PDP as usual just like Aregbe-rascal did.it's in their blood blaming others for their incompetency.

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Omexonomy: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Let us close our eyes to the stupidity of this clown on the seat of the governor and put the blame on the innocent PDP contractor who was made to sign for N250 million for the construction of the bridge only for the contractor to to get N250 thousand naira.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by texaco1: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2014
The best thing for ajimobi is to shelve his plans to re contest ,his defeat will be the biggest in the history of oyo state

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by bokoslayer: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Why are the structures erected by the supporter of APC (APC) governors collapsing these days? I guess it's cos their foundation was built on lies.

Ajimobi...odabo, odigbere.

11 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2014
No sight of collapsed bridge! Saw only a massive 4 -Lane bridge under construction!

The makeshift bridge must have been erected to ameliorate and aid movement of people pending the completion of the main bridge!

The Moderators here should be fair to all political parties. (stop inciting people against a performing governor)

Kudos to Ajimobi, What PDP could not do in 12 years they held sway, is being done within 2 years of a progressive government.

62 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by donodion(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2014
shame..
yet this govetnor spent how many years abroad is that how pedestrian passageway are been constructed in this era?

I detest all these people.in government.

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by OtunbaJega: 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
oponu op... see bridge under construction...where is the collapsed bridge?....op must b sillly

21 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
OtunbaJega: oponu op... see bridge under construction...where is the collapsed bridge?....op must b sillly
I dont have to join issues with you because I'm not a bootlicker or APC apologist like you. Open your eyes clearly to see the pictures of the pedestrian make~shift bridge with part already submerged. You think am here for a propaganda? You must be on a very long thing. Why be @ the mercy of these political rascals (APC & PDP). Do they pay you people? #team good governance#

19 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by ichidodo: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
Poor Janjweed bridge.....

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by texaco1: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
FORMER Oyo State governor,
Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, on
Tuesday, urged the people of
Oke-Ogun not to relent in their
support for the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) as the
party will convincingly win the
2015 election in the state.
Alao-Akala stated this on
Tuesday, when he paid a visit to
three local government areas of
the region- Saki-East, Saki-West
and Atisbo.
The former governor entered
the region through Sepeteri
town in Saki-East Local
Government Area and passed
through Ago-Amodu, Oje-
Owode, Tede, before he was
received at Ago-Are at Tede
junction.
He then proceeded to Saki
town, where he addressed his
supporters who had converged
to receive him.
Alao-Akala, while addressing the
crowd in front of Pa Tijani
Massa’s residence, Isale Abudu,
Saki, urged the people of the
region to endure with the
current administration in the
state, noting that it was
disheartening that all ongoing
projects in the area were
abandoned by the APC-led
administration in the state.
“I came to greet our revered
political leader. I am
overwhelmed by the rousing
welcome accorded me. We
have done it before and people
felt our impact positively. Ours
was a government of purpose
and positive mission.
“You experienced a breath of
fresh air during our time. Our
coming back is sealed, signed
and delivered from above. Mind
you, this is not a campaign, it is
just a visit to our baba and I
can’t go inside to meet baba
without addressing you,
because I hold you in high
esteem.
“Without you, I am nothing. My
hope lies in you the masses and
God Almighty the giver of life.
Very soon, I am coming with my
team formally to campaign and
present our people -oriented
manifesto to you,” Alao-Akala
noted.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by xtremely9ja: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
@OP fear God o. That picture only shows a bridge under construction with the pier and abutment sticking out of the water and the precast beams that are yet to be placed on them by the side. Your post should have been that the temporary wooden footbridge at Apete has collapsed. The pictures you posted has just nailed you, don't think everyone on Nairaland are without brain, except you are telling us that the pictures you posted were those of the bridge under construction.
undecided undecided undecided Try to be fair

18 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by oldenglish: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
xtremely9ja: @OP fear God o. That picture only shows a bridge under construction with the pier and abutment sticking out of the water and the precast beams that are yet to be placed on them by the side. Your post should have been that the temporary wooden footbridge at Apete has collapsed. The pictures you posted has just nailed you, don't think everyone on Nairaland are without brain, except you are telling us that the pictures you posted were those of the bridge under construction.
undecided undecided undecided Try to be fair
wey machinery for the construction company. Na so Ibadan people mumu reach to gather dey watch construction of bridge?

6 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by xtremely9ja: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
oldenglish: wey machinery for the construction company. Na so Ibadan people mumu reach to gather dey watch construction of bridge?

Check all the pictures what you will see is a 3 span RCC bridge under construction and if you look at the second picture you will see a broken up wooden pedestrian bridge. So the question is which of the two bridges is the OP referring to? As to the construction equipment I dare the OP to post the surrounding picture of the supposed bridge.
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
xtremely9ja:

Check all the pictures what you will see is a 3 span RCC bridge under construction and if you look at the second picture you will see a broken up wooden pedestrian bridge. So the question is which of the two bridges is the OP referring to? As to the construction equipment I dare the OP to post the surrounding picture of the supposed bridge.
undecided
I thought you were smart enough to differentiate a make~shift bridge from a Reinforced concrete bridge. From my post, I thought you could see part of the submerged temporary bridge. I dont stand to gain anything from this. The under construction bridge was the only obvious structure you could see; others have been submerged no thanks to the heavy downpour! Btw you think people will gather as early as possible to stare endlessly @ d decimated bridge? Dont you understand

10 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Abagworo(m): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
People have refused to look into some allegations lately with regards to substandard steel and cement in circulation.

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Zionope: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender: Here are the pictures
These were d pictures shown to us the day the wooden bridge collapsed, we were made to understand that day that the main bridge is under construction and that and that Ajimobi was too slow about it, u guys even list the slow pace of the bridge as one of the reason(s) why "Ajimobi must go" just two weeks ago ooo. Now u're here telling us again that he commissioned the bridge and it collapsed, do u mean he commissioned an uncompleted bridge? Even if u were fed d rumour, look at d bridge very well, does dis look like a collapsed bridge to u?

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by xtremely9ja: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender:
I thought you were smart enough to differentiate a make~shift bridge from a Reinforced concrete bridge. From my post, I thought you could see part of the submerged temporary bridge. I dont stand to gain anything from this. The under construction bridge was the only obvious structure you could see; others have been submerged no thanks to the heavy downpour! Btw you think people will gather as early as possible to stare endlessly @ d decimated bridge? Dont you understand

1. I may not be smart like you (you know what I mean) but if I were the one posting the article I would have made a clear distinction between a wooden temporary pedestrian staked platform and a bridge been a supposed professional. Because you know the structure that will readily comes to mind when anybody reads the word bridge from you heading. posts below refers;

17. NgeneUkwenu(f): Quote Post
No sight of collapsed bridge! Next pls

19. OtunbaJega: Quote Post
oponu op... see bridge under construction...where is the collapsed bridge?....op must b sillly
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2. I could have overlooked your errors if you have stated that the supposed bridge was a temporary wooden pedestrian bridge. As you are trying hard to now point out. the bolded refers; grin grin grin grin grin grin

3. You need not insult me, just be objective and sincere enough to edit your original post by putting in those missing minor information that could have given your post a little bit of credence. Mr professional (stop insulting the engineering profession) grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga do the needful undecided

16 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Zionope: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
oldenglish: wey machinery for the construction company. Na so Ibadan people mumu reach to gather dey watch construction of bridge?
People gathered because there are casualties d day d wooden bridge collapse(according to d news here on nairaland)
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by xtremely9ja: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Zionope:
These were d pictures shown to us the day the wooden bridge collapsed, we were made to understand that day that the main bridge is under construction and that and that Ajimobi was too slow about it, u guys even list the slow pace of the bridge as one of the reason(s) why "Ajimobi must go" just two weeks ago ooo. Now u're here telling us again that he commissioned the bridge and it collapsed, do u mean he commissioned an uncompleted bridge? Even if u were fed d rumour, look at d bridge very well, does dis look like a collapsed bridge to u?

Help tell the OP o. The OP said he is a professional, but the pictures he posted in contrast to his post speaks otherwise. A good lesson from the post;---Reason hard don't just post anything for sensationalism---

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ's CYBERCRIME BILL Allows FG To Spy On Nigerians - Death Sentence For Hackers / Makarfi Cautions Fayose Against Campaign For 2019 Presidency / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.