Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. (42278 Views)

Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2014
temhab: Chai Amelica there is God oooo

Chai!all this delicacies you people are displaying embarassed embarassed embarassed.Na 3k for 4 pieces here o.And na 2 plates dey belle full me.Make una no lead me into financial temptation.

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2014
jeffizy: Better Title: Snail Farming hits a road-block in U.S.

Pity!!

On a lighter note: Maybe the snails didn't get passports at immigration

Funny.

See the reason they were incinerated culled from yahoo news..

Experts say the species of snail is prohibited because it poses a serious threat to agriculture, public health and the economy. The link stated that one snail was pictured being held by two hands...

One thing I like about snails is that they are just like tortoise, if you keep them in good condition they continue growing to any size you want till you decide to eat them..

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2014
The owner should have asked them to boil, fry and even dried the snails.

Btw, where were the nature rescuer when they were doing this? Because there are not cute enough or what?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2014
Alubosa:

See wetin u dey miss?
sweet things dey kill, read Isaiah 65:4 and Leviticus 11:42,43
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2014
lynpetra:

Chai!all this delicacies you people are displaying embarassed embarassed embarassed.Na 3k for 4 pieces here o.And na 2 plates dey belle full me.Make una no lead me into financial temptation.

Did you say N3k for 4 pieces. Raw or prepared, which side for Abuja ?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Blockus: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2014
After Airport people throway one full suitcase of deep frozen soup and stew because we use Chicken and Beef cook am, I stopped travelling with foodstuff abroad.

Its easier to just buy the darn thing over there and pay the price rather than risk the embarassment these border control people would subject you to.

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2014
That crunchy noise from a peppered fried snail.Chai!Ndiocha egbuo mmadu.N'gini mezi? cry cry
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2014
Like seriously
@mikel, where thou at Father of all snail? one of your kind is been butcher by some unscrupulus elements
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2014
`I just hope they caught Mikel Obi.

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2014
Lol!! Dis story especially the part were they said they will investigate why someone will eat such snails reminds me of that Bright Chimezie's " Police eh! Police eh!! D black man wey dey here is committing suicide oh"
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Poster, you didn't download all the news sef.

The heading has generated 2, 347 comments on yahoo news...

Some supported the destruction while others were pained...
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2014
okparaugo:

Did you say N3k for 4 pieces. Raw or prepared, which side for Abuja ?

Almost everywhere o,including hotels.There is a place life camp I ate it ,for 3k(trying to remember,it has pool inside )and if you are going to buy from hotel bars,.you might even pay more. Already prepared ones.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by temhab(f): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2014
Don't worry Lynpetra order for two plates i ll pay

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by tochman(m): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2014
superior1: Unlike Nigeria, the Americans take food quality and consumer safety serious

yet, na them get cancer pass... SMHsad

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
temhab: Don't worry Lynpetra order for two plates i ll pay

Lol.Give me the money instead,I can find my way to Utako market . cheesy grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by englishmart(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
They hate snails as much as I do. Anyways I was brought up in the states
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nosyke(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
lynpetra:

Sweery,na giant snail.Chai!!!
Ugo,imagine as I go wash am ,boil am with enough onions,maggi,salt kon fry am make e dey crunchy.blend enough pepper and onions fry am,add the cooked snails,turn am well.All this na firewood ooo with local mortar."Oh,I for don marry o,Ogogoro na u cause am" will be my theme song as I wash am down with chilled beer. grin grin.Ndi ocha n'nzuzu!

you are very wucked!! Must you give very graphic details of the preparation .lolzzz

See me now, salivating seriously, longing and wishing...not fair, not.fair

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Nosyke:

you are very wucked!! Must you give very graphic details of the preparation .lolzzz

See me now, salivating seriously, longing and wishing...not fair, not.fair

Kpele,e dey do me as e dey do u. grin

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2014
englishmart: They hate snails as much as I do. Anyways I was brought up in the states

So what?

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2014
englishmart: They hate snails as much as I do. Anyways I was brought up in the states

Mumu as usual. So who asked you...

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by justi4jesu(f): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2014

United States of Aba.....Thanks we don know.

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Wisdytech(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Its Edible! Why destroying it?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2014
Wasted "ergile" abi "ilorma"
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Slickest(m): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2014
Racism once again!!!now na our snails dem dey beef because they are black....there is God!!!
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by JEITO: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2014
This is a confirmed case of one man's meat, another man's poison.

Snailing oversees!!!
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
O my God... That's too much.
Anyway that shouldn't stop you from checking out my signature
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Pimiento(m): 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
#bringbackoursnails angry

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Blockus: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wisdytech: Its Edible! Why destroying it?

Because in the U.S and many Western countries, Snails fall under the category of 'Pests' as they can cause a lot of problems including famine.

DO you know that border control would not even allow you carry Knorr Chicken Cube and Knorr Beef cubes into the United States?!

REASON: Bird Flu & Mad Cow.

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Innocent snails going to look for greener pastures sad

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
What it is it with Nigerians and importing food the wrong way? There are laws against these things, shall! Do they think planes are taxis. From smelly fish to snails. Lawd av mercy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover / President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos)