Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. (42270 Views)

Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
OLADIMEHJI: [color=#006600][/color]
Some people sha! They can defend anything so far it is outside Africa. What happened to human right over there, or eating what you like is not part of it except gayism? Let's be frank, these people are taking us for fool except they have scrutinized it with every necessary tools before labelling it dangerous.

Its not like that. Its not cos its for an african. Even if it was an agoro s own. Yes they can do some test or what ever to determine if its safe, but the owner will have to agree to pay the price or cost of such tests, and if the snails are still considered not fit to enter, they will destroy them plus the owner still covers the cost for the test which is like a gamble. So most owners dont want to go through the wahala.they just choose to have it seized and destroyed. No country wants to import living things or plants without proper control of its safety to humans, animals and other plants.
So dont blame them, its their country, they know what risks they can be exposed to if importations are not closely watched and they want to be ontop of things.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by biomedixexcel(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
They should have returned it
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by donlyone(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some people sha! They can defend anything so far it is outside Africa. What happened to human right over there, or eating what you like is not part of it except gayism? Let's be frank, these people are taking us for fool except they have scrutinized it with every necessary tools before labelling it dangerous.

Yes you are right. Too many brainwashed people in Africa, they will defend the whiteman says without investigating the claims.

Now we wear their clothes, speak their language, eat their food, adopt their table manners etc. I guess they won't stop until they erased our identity. Colonialism in a smart guise.

Then again we only define EXTREMISM in terms of religion
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by donlyone(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: no be talk am, if you like make you eat alangba, Na your wahala be that, I've done my job, now u r without excuse

Oh so you sabi speak pidgin? Lol. Even yoruba too? Yes, I get right to cjop wetin I like without E- bruce lees telling me I am doomed. If I chop Alangba o, na my choice, if I chop esusun, na my choice, If I want chop grubs na my own. No come preach to me cos you nor fit chop am.
Excuse? What excuse sir? Ha ha, me no dey find one before o. Eh, my snail and alangba soup don done. Make I go do Eba. Want some?

I forget sef, when ya Isaiah come, let me know mean while, after we chop I dey go catch some more snails, dogs, cats and alangba for tomorrows soup.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Los Angeles ( LAX), Atlanta and BWI airport, are the worse airports ever...Their discrimination for foreign foods, is beyond pathetic.
angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by sweetgala(m): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
The giant snails have actually found their way to Florida etc and I believe are considered foreign species destroying crops at an alarming rate.
The individuals are lucky they did not get a large fine

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vansnickers: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
We have laws here. Obey them or stay out.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
delishpot:

Oh so you sabi speak pidgin? Lol. Even yoruba too? Yes, I get right to cjop wetin I like without E- bruce lees telling me I am doomed. If I chop Alangba o, na my choice, if I chop esusun, na my choice, If I want chop grubs na my own. No come preach to me cos you nor fit chop am.
Excuse? What excuse sir? Ha ha, me no dey find one before o. Eh, my snail and alangba soup don done. Make I go do Eba. Want some?

I forget sef, when ya Isaiah come, let me know mean while, after we chop I dey go catch some more snails, dogs, cats and alangba for tomorrows soup.
ok end of discussion
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by enomakos(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vansnickers:

Our country has laws. If you don't like it, don't come here.
are u an american or nigerian?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vansnickers: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
enomakos: are u an american or nigerian?

Both.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Lucasbalo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
glitest: Los Angeles ( LAX), Atlanta and BWI airport, are the worse airports ever...Their discrimination for foreign foods, is beyond pathetic.
Those 3 Airports are nothing compared to Chicago's Ohare Airport. Stop bringing Nigerian foods in years ago because of the agents in Chicago . Probably one of the worst Airports on US when it comes to native food.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Sabadon(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: Snails are unclean, since yall don't keep dietary laws, you eat whatever, yall eat abominable things, yall call it delicacies
wetin dis one dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Engen(m): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mynd44: And they killed the innocent snails? Where are the animal rights activists?

Sorry, when it comes to Nigeria animals,anything is allowed no activism
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Tinkybabe(f): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: Snails are unclean, since yall don't keep dietary laws, you eat whatever, yall eat abominable things, yall call it delicacies

Mr food and hygiene inspector..what do you mean by unclean ,do people eat it raw?Snails are the one of the most cleaned animal when being prepared for consumption.
Don't let me vex for you o.I'm just picturing that snail fried and nicely garnished..my,oh my!

2 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
glitest: Los Angeles ( LAX), Atlanta and BWI airport, are the worse airports ever...Their discrimination for foreign foods, is beyond pathetic.
Hmmmm, u dont sayshocked

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tinkybabe:

Mr food and hygiene inspector..what do you mean by unclean ,do people eat it raw?Snails are the one of the most cleaned animal when being prepared for consumption.
Don't let me vex for you o.I'm just picturing that snail fried and nicely garnished..my,oh my!
tinky or whatever you call yourself, eat all the snails, lizards, cats n rats that you want to, i don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lucasbalo: Those 3 Airports are nothing compared to Chicago's Ohare Airport. Stop bringing Nigerian foods in years ago because of the agents in Chicago . Probably one of the worst Airports on US when it comes to native food.

Sorry!...That sucks....Dulles airport is the best so far, a lot of people bring in stuffs through Dulles..They only confiscate wet stuffs, such as wet seeds, leaves, creams etc( on less one is smart enough to hide them amongst clothing)....They mostly let one bring in Eru, dried fish.....Most of them are familiar with Nigerian foods.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tinkybabe:

LOl @ ur last line
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmmm, u dont sayshocked

One can make a touch down at Dulles....Give whatever stuffs one has to maybe a TRUSTED family member/ friend who resides in MD/ VA, so they can mail it.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by enomakos(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vansnickers:

Both.
ok u have one leg in nigeria and the other in america abi

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vansnickers: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
enomakos: ok u have one leg in nigeria and the other in america abi

If you say so.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
glitest:

One can make a touch down at Dulles....Give whatever stuffs one has to maybe a TRUSTED family member/ friend who resides in MD/ VA, so they can mail it.
okay...
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mynd44: And they killed the innocent snails? Where are the animal rights activists?
they are investigating the matter grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by miccodb(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
paint the snail white and dem go allow am enter!! black snails are poisonous!!!
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Legendoscar2: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
frankben: Hahaha.... They should have sent those snails back to nigeria instead of destroying'em... Or are they going to compensate the owner since they stated that there was no act of smuggling...

Oyinbo thinking sha....

"They carry parasites that are harmful to humans"...including the capability of causing meningitis. That underscores the destruction really even it was not smuggled in.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Lucasbalo(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
glitest:

Sorry!...That sucks....Dulles airport is the best so far, a lot of people bring in stuffs through Dulles..They only confiscate wet stuffs, such as wet seeds, leaves, creams etc( on less one is smart enough to hide them amongst clothing)....They mostly let one bring in Eru, dried fish.....Most of them are familiar with Nigerian foods.
The agents at ohareairport are familiar with Nigerians too with the over 200.000 of us in Chicagoland . I think they are just plain wicked. Couple months ago, coming back from Munich , I saw a Nigerian couple arguing with them over stock fish because the agent said the stockfish smells ( funky ). Who wants to go through that BS.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Coldfeet(f): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Giant african land snails A.K.A GALS are considered an economic risk in most western countries as they can breed millions in just a couple of months! The effect it has on the farm crops are one of the reasons these countries prohibit their import. Many whites don't eat them rather they are seen as disease filled pests! Which is true but then we blacks have been eating them since God knows when and nothing mega! grin. Americans have got there own specie of snails that don't multiply like our GALS do but I tell you an African man will not touch it we see those species as poisonous (talk about one mans meat being another's poison undecided). Anyway as it stands no crime was committed so the owner will just have to count his/her loses and forget about ever bringing GALS to the states alive or dead/BBQd. For those unemployed graduates shouting no job GALs farming is VERY lucrative and requires little capital to start if at all any sef! I farm them for consumption I started with the wild ones that is I got them from my village farm these ones are better and produce more than majority of the ones sold in the market which may be second hand snails. Egg shells, fruits and vegetables are some of the foods snails eat. A little trick I was taught on how to get snails in the wild was to place peeled pawpaw skin or pour fruit juice at a clearing where snails may be found come back later and you'd be surprised at the number of snails you'll find there. smiley
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lucasbalo: The agents at ohareairport are familiar with Nigerians too with the over 200.000 of us in Chicagoland . I think they are just plain wicked. Couple months ago, coming back from Munich , I saw a Nigerian couple arguing with them over stock fish because the agent said the stockfish smells ( funky ). Who wants to go through that BS.

Yeah...Not surprised. I hear that there is a class problem in Chicago.
The whites, and then the Blacks....Is that true?.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Lucasbalo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
glitest:

Yeah...Not surprised. I hear that there is a class problem in Chicago.
The whites, and then the Blacks....Is that true?.
Not really, it's just a typical big city with a metropolitan population of 9 million people. You have cases of discrimination here and there but it's not much of a big deal, at least to me. You just have to be focused. I work in a firm with over 90 percent whites and I do not have a problem. Being working in the same investment firm for 18 years and I live in 80 percent white neighborhood and my family and I never encounter any discrimination . I guess it depends on how people perceive themselves .

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lucasbalo: Not really, it's just a typical big city with a metropolitan population of 9 million people. You have cases of discrimination here and there but it's not much of a big deal, at least to me. You just have to be focused. I work in a firm with over 90 percent whites and I do not have a problem. Being working in the same investment firm for 18 years and I live in 80 percent white neighborhood and my family and I never encounter any discrimination . I guess it depends on how people perceive themselves .

Good to know...I did watch Chicago land, and all I got from it was how horrible black's were been treated, due to the fact that the documentry was based on the obstacles/ stereotypes that Black folks do face on daily basis.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by dasparrow: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vansnickers: We have laws here. Obey them or stay out.

Listen here, if you have nothing constructive to say, close your Nairaland account and get the hell out of our forum. Your bigoted american azz is not wanted here either. Kapish?! Arschloch!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover / Rwanda, DRC And Malawi Pull Out From WEF Africa Holding In South Africa / Replace Jesus Image With Chinese President's Image In Homes- China To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.