Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

We Are All Aborisha - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are All Aborisha (14624 Views)

Why I Am An Aborisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2014
Ubenedictus: Ok, i can define worship as honour, veneration, adoration admiration....

So yes we worship many things, even those who are monotheistic worship their parents, their friends...etc.

I differ from your position in some points, i'm sure you know i don't consider the universe and situations to be conscious. Thus i don't believe in orisha. Secondly i don't believe all worship is "godful" worship. Adoration is the worship reserved for God, and while i believe we all worship plenty things, monotheist only adores the one God.

We are not all aborisha because we do no all believe in the orisha, we all worship some things but adoration reserved honour. But i have say it completely makes sense if you believe universe is conscious.

Thanks for your contribution.

But I will like to keep somethings straight here dude.

Be it worship, exalt, veneration or adoration, it is written in the bible that ye shall not worship, serve, exalt, venerate or adore any other God. So the question rest on what God is? What does the bible say God is? Is there any speciality in God spelled with small case?

If you claim not all people believe in Orisha which I will take as wrong, you hold that you and some people believes in Yahweh. . . .do you know that Yahweh is Orisha Oke? Orisha Oke is much recognised in Abeokuta.

When we are discussing about Orisha, there is no way you can claim some people disbelieve in it. You can only negate some Orisha but you cannot disbelieve in your own Ori. Can you?

Also, is there any speciality in adhoration? What is the difference between adoration (godful worship) and worship? And can you show me how adhoration is resevered for Yahweh (Orisha Oke) and not other Orisha?

2 Likes

Re: We Are All Aborisha by PastorAIO: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

There was a day I heard a pastor praying in a naming ceremony. He said 'agan a te owo ala bo'sun' meaning the barren would put their bright hands into Osun. Osun is the Goddess of fertility. And the saying mean the barren would put to bed.

Thses are the set of people you would see in the church and mosque insulting Orisha.

Just one little word of correction. I believe that the Osun referred to in that statement is not Oshun the River but rather the powder Iyere Osun. It is got from the bark of the Osun tree. It is yellow/red in colour and is supposed to help with pregnancy.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

Just one little word of correction. I believe that the Osun referred to in that statement is not Oshun the River but rather the powder Iyere Osun. It is got from the bark of the Osun tree. It is yellow/red in colour and is supposed to help with pregnancy.

Thanks for pointing that out.

But if i may ask, are Osun tree, Osun staff, birds and Osun river not all wrapped into Orisha Osun?

2 Likes

Re: We Are All Aborisha by PastorAIO: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for pointing that out.

But if i may ask, are Osun tree, Osun staff, birds and Osun river not all wrapped into Orisha Osun?

Osun is different from Oshun. Normal s and dotted s in yoruba alphabet. Oshun is a river. Osun is a bird, connected with Osayin. There is no Osun (no dot under the s) river.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

Osun is different from Oshun. Normal s and dotted s in yoruba alphabet. Oshun is a river. Osun is a bird, connected with Osayin. There is no Osun (no dot under the s) river.

Ha, forgive me on the spelling. I know one is 's' and the other is 'ṣ'.

Is Opa Oṣun connected to Orisha Oṣun?

I read just now that there is another Orisha called Oṣun that guild Ori.

I am not holding you about River but Orisha.

Reason is that you know Orisha Sango rule over thunder, lightning and Fire.

Is Oshun - river, Osun - guildian of Ori, Osun - Bird and Opa - Osun all ruled by Orisha Oṣun?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by PastorAIO: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Ha, forgive me on the spelling. I know one is 's' and the other is 'ṣ'.

Is Opa Oṣun connected to Orisha Oṣun?

I read just now that there is another Orisha called Oṣun that guild Ori.

I am not holding you about River but Orisha.

Reason is that you know Orisha Sango rule over thunder, lightning and Fire.

Is Oshun - river, Osun - guildian of Ori, Osun - Bird and Opa - Osun all ruled by Orisha Oṣun?

I think you've got 2 separate orisha mixed up due to the similarity of spelling their names. Osun is a seer and scouts for Ori, and he is also the Opa Osun that babalawos have. Oshun, the river, is not the Osun staff nor the seer.

In short. Oshun is one deity and she is a river. Osun is another deity and he is the seer/bird.

3 Likes

Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

I think you've got 2 separate orisha mixed up due to the similarity of spelling their names. Osun is a seer and scouts for Ori, and he is also the Opa Osun that babalawos have. Oshun, the river, is not the Osun staff nor the seer.

In short. Oshun is one deity and she is a river. Osun is another deity and he is the seer/bird.

Thanks for bringing me out.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by GooseBaba: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

I find this statement very interesting When you say "Osun is a seer and scouts for Ori," if you don't mind can you elaborate on that? Thanks..
Re: We Are All Aborisha by PastorAIO: 1:12am On Jul 23, 2014
GooseBaba:

I find this statement very interesting When you say "Osun is a seer and scouts for Ori," if you don't mind can you elaborate on that? Thanks..

Osun confers clairvoyancy. So it can see the future and the distant events. So it is like a scout that goes ahead of an army and reports back what is up ahead.

1 Like

Re: We Are All Aborisha by Ubenedictus(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for your contribution.

But I will like to keep somethings straight here dude.

Be it worship, exalt, veneration or adoration, it is written in the bible that ye shall not worship, serve, exalt, venerate or adore any other God. So the question rest on what God is? What does the bible say God is? Is there any speciality in God spelled with small case?

If you claim not all people believe in Orisha which I will take as wrong, you hold that you and some people believes in Yahweh. . . .do you know that Yahweh is Orisha Oke? Orisha Oke is much recognised in Abeokuta.

When we are discussing about Orisha, there is no way you can claim some people disbelieve in it. You can only negate some Orisha but you cannot disbelieve in your own Ori. Can you?

Also, is there any speciality in adhoration? What is the difference between adoration (godful worship) and worship? And can you show me how adhoration is resevered for Yahweh (Orisha Oke) and not other Orisha?

hehehe,

first my bible doesn't say not to render worship to any other but yahweh, if it says so then it will contradict the commandment "honour your father and your mother". (the benefit of using an old bible) my bible say to not adore any other but yahweh, to serve no other "supposed gods".

Please what is orisha oke, is that not the mountain orisha?
Weytin concern that one and yahweh?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ubenedictus:

hehehe,

first my bible doesn't say not to render worship to any other but yahweh,

Dont make me believe you aint reading your bible.

Exodus 34:14, Jeremiah 25:6 and 2 Kings 17:38-39 is clear enough and points out your claim is wrong.

Ubenedictus:
if it says so then it will contradict the commandment "honour your father and your mother". (the benefit of using an old bible)

The same bible that asked you to hate your father and mother (Luke 14:26)?

Ubenedictus:
my bible say to not adore any other but yahweh, to serve no other "supposed gods".

Actually, you do against the indoctrination.

You adhore/serve your parents, country and so many other things.

I wonder why you refused to tell me why 'adore' is designated for Yawheh and not other Gods.

Ubenedictus:
Please what is orisha oke, is that not the mountain orisha?
Weytin concern that one and yahweh?

www.nairaland.com/1508769/christians-god-idol-hills

4 Likes

Re: We Are All Aborisha by Ubenedictus(m): 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:
Dont make me believe you aint reading your bible.
Exodus 34:14, Jeremiah 25:6 and 2 Kings 17:38-39 is clear enough and points out your claim is wrong.
The same bible that asked you to hate your father and mother (Luke 14:26)?
i actually read my bible, i read it for a very long time every day. I study it, meditate on it, carry it in my heart and chew it like a cord, everyday.

One of the keys to reading a book not written in english is to find a good translation.

Contemporary english at almost all time equate worship with adoration. That is the sense it is used in contemporary english. For instance 500yrs ago i would have absolutely no problem telling a protestant that catholics worship mary, becos 500yrs ago worship was a word that covered veneration, honor, respect adoration, i'll just have to specify the type of worship. Today if i tell a protestant that i worship my mum he will brand me a heretic, because in today vocabulary worship is usually translated as adoration.

So yeah i read my bible! And my bible say i shouldn't worship, honor, or venerate any supposed god, it also says to worship my parents and a whole lot of other people, and it reserves adoration, adoratio, latriia for the one true God. That iis what my bible says.

It is not about whether or not i'm reading my bible, it is about reading a bible with correct english translation.

Actually, you do against the indoctrination.

You adhore/serve your parents, country and so many other things.
no dear i don't.

I wonder why you refused to tell me why 'adore' is designated for Yawheh and not other Gods.
because there is only one true God and he alone deserve the submission of my intellect, will, heart and beign in recognision of his divine majesty.

www.nairaland.com/1508769/christians-god-idol-hills
i'll read.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ubenedictus: i actually read my bible, i read it for a very long time every day. I study it, meditate on it, carry it in my heart and chew it like a cord, everyday.

One of the keys to reading a book not written in english is to find a good translation.

Contemporary english at almost all time equate worship with adoration. That is the sense it is used in contemporary english. For instance 500yrs ago i would have absolutely no problem telling a protestant that catholics worship mary, becos 500yrs ago worship was a word that covered veneration, honor, respect adoration, i'll just have to specify the type of worship. Today if i tell a protestant that i worship my mum he will brand me a heretic, because in today vocabulary worship is usually translated as adoration.

So yeah i read my bible! And my bible say i shouldn't worship, honor, or venerate any supposed god, it also says to worship my parents and a whole lot of other people, and it reserves adoration, adoratio, latriia for the one true God. That iis what my bible says.

It is not about whether or not i'm reading my bible, it is about reading a bible with correct english translation.

no dear i don't.

because there is only one true God and he alone deserve the submission of my intellect, will, heart and beign in recognision of his divine majesty.

i'll read.

Would reply when you are done reading the link.

How ur day bro?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Ubenedictus(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Would reply when you are done reading the link.

How ur day bro?

i read it, and i found nothing particularly interesting about it.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i read it, and i found nothing particularly interesting about it.

Yahweh is the god of hills.

That is all the thread is about.

And God of hills in Yoruba is Orish Oke.

Isnt that interesting?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by OlaoChi: 12:30am On Jul 27, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Isnt that interesting?

Yahweh isn't even Jehovah
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 27, 2014
OlaoChi:

www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP506JehovahYahweh.htm

Like Yehoshua is not Jesus?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2014
OlaoChi:

My dear, it been a long time. How are you doing?

Abeg sharpen your brother more.

How did you come about difference between Yahweh and Jehovah?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Busybody2(f): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Abasi mbok, Olorunmaje, tufiakwa, mo ta'ka oshi danu, ori mi ye...

I was born into a conc. traditional family, with a traditional ruler father, to boot...but I thank God and Jesus Christ for the salvation of my soul...old things have passed away and behold all things have become new...

Come praise the Most High God with me...1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye are not redeemed with corruptible things, such as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition fron your fathers; BUT with the precious blood of Christ, as or a lamb without blemish and without spot...
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16am On Jul 27, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Isnt that interesting?
i don't see anything interesting in what you wrote, yahweh is God of both mountains, plains, hills, rocks, water, and all creation! Ascribing him to mountains alone is an attempt limiting him. He is God of all.

So no, i am not amazed
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus: i don't see anything interesting in what you wrote,

Maybe you have refused to read and digest the content on the thread.

Catholics agree on there forum that God has a place they dwell. In this place, they are being worshipped and they tend to have all there powers there.

Yahweh dwell in mouth sinai.

He manisfest on mounts

he is worshipped on hills.

He is powerful on Mountains which is the reason mortal men defeated him on the plain.

He is the rock of ages.

Having his church built on rock

Do I need to stress on the meaning of one his name?

To nail it all, I wasnt the one that said Yahweh is the god of hills. It is there in your bible. Evidences provided above confirmed he is the god of hills or better put Orisha Oke.

Bro stop living in denial. This is interesting.

Ubenedictus: yahweh is God of both mountains, plains, hills, rocks, water, and all creation! Ascribing him to mountains alone is an attempt limiting him. He is God of all.

So no, i am not amazed

I continue doubt if you really read your bible lately.

What you have there is supposition, you just wish but not providing any tangible evidence.

How can the God of all inherit?

In Deut 32:8-12; Psalm 78:71, Yahweh inherited Jacob and took allotment of desert land.

Yahweh who is Elohim is the son of El. From El he inherited Israel.

Again, your God is not the God of all but of the hills

1 Like

Re: We Are All Aborisha by uzoexcel(m): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
quantum physics huh?
was doing a thesis on Quantum Teleportation [/b]but had to stop and switch topics cos i started going crazyyyyyy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lemme follow this thread as there r thngs to learn here
nice one op/folykaze
plaetton: @op
I could not disagree with you all, no matter in what language it is said.

Everything you have written above is the same as saying that we are all one and the same substance. All religions and philosophies are basically for the purpose of self-identity.
We are god, and god is us.
Tesla famously said that the universe can only be understood in terms Energy, vibrations and frequency. That is the total sum of what we are.

And also, there is this new radical theory that says [b]there is ONLY ONE Electron in the universe
, and that this one electron just happens to be everywhere at the same time. From a quantum physics angle, that makes some sense.
It is something worth pondering.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by uzoexcel(m): 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
can u explain the bolded?
Busybody2: Abasi mbok, Olorunmaje, tufiakwa, mo ta'ka oshi danu, ori mi ye...

I was born into a conc. traditional family, with a traditional ruler father, to boot...but I thank God and Jesus Christ for the salvation of my soul...old things have passed away and behold all things have become new...

Come praise the Most High God with me...1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye are not redeemed with corruptible things, such as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition fron your fathers; BUT with the precious blood of Christ, as or a lamb without blemish and without spot...
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2: Abasi mbok, Olorunmaje, tufiakwa, mo ta'ka oshi danu, ori mi ye...

Oh really?

In the bold, there are three Gods there you bo (nourished)

Olorun

Ori

Egungun.

Are you going to deny the obvious again?
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Busybody2(f): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Oh really?

In the bold, there are three Gods there you bo (nourished)

Olorun

Ori

Egungun.

Are you going to deny the obvious again?

There is only one Almighty God. And He in His benovalence sent His only Son Jesus Christ to redeem our soul...

You traditional folks are worshipping evil. My Dad is an awo funfun, i have heard him tell someone "awon le yi owo pada"(whatever that means), has read the Holy Bible and Quran many times, I have heard him pray to esu, awon iya mi aje, etc. The day I told him Jesus Christ is all I need, that I don't need any etutu or whatever, he laughed and said "kini omode ara e mo", then launched into a sermon about how Jesus is not the son of God, but one of the ascended masters, blah, blah, blah...He is friends with a lot of Babalawo's so knows a lot of Pastors out there patronising them and using diabolical means to draw crowds

But now he realises i am serious about following Jesus Christ for life, he tries to guilt-trip me with stuffs like "i am your father, i gave birth to you, can't i talk to you again, can't i do stuffs to protect you again...hian. I pray he accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Busybody2(f): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2014
uzoexcel: can u explain the bolded?

Unlike many who were born Christians, some of whom later became jaded and rebelled and turned atheists, the reverse is the case for me. I was born into a traditional mumbo-jumbo family, so now I thank God in His mercies for opening my eyes to see the truth about my idol worshipping ancestors and how their ways is not right.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

Unlike many who were born Christians, some of whom later became jaded and rebelled and turned atheists, the reverse is the case for me. I was born into a [b]traditional mumbo-jumbo [/b]family, so now I thank God in His mercies for opening my eyes to see the truth about my idol worshipping ancestors and how their ways is not right.
I will assume that you are Yoruba. 'a o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba awa'

1 Like

Re: We Are All Aborisha by Busybody2(f): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2014
BoboYekini: I will assume that you are Yoruba. 'a o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba awa'

Hello stranger, longest time, its been years, its me Jennykrazy's meek twin-sister, dunno why Seun added jara to my moniker angry

I am yoruba, from the source ile-ife. Please, open your eyes to the truth...only Jesus can save. I know what i am saying, i am a living witness...
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

Hello stranger, longest time, its been years, its me Jennykrazy's meek twin-sister, dunno why Seun added jara to my moniker angry

I am yoruba, from the source ile-ife. Please, open your eyes to the truth...only Jesus can save. I know what i am saying, i am a living witness...
I know who you are na cheesy I'm (was) your toy boy, remember?
So, for old times sake, I'll agree with you on this one. Only Jesus can save shocked
Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

There is only one Almighty God. And He in His benovalence sent His only Son Jesus Christ to redeem our soul...

Did your bible tell you this?

Maybe you are reading the back page or what your pastor told you.

Busybody2:

You traditional folks are worshipping evil.

We worship Orisha Aje. (Money), is Money evil? Od did Jesus warned you all from worshipping money? Your pastor worship it. . . .hope you know this too?

Your parent are Gods. . .the bible confirm this. Are you not worshipping your own parent? Reading your words, you are yoruba. . .out of respect, you worship your parent. Are your own parent evil?

The bible said your body is the temple of God. . . .Olubobotiribo is the God that accept sacrifices for your Ori. Is your own mouth evil?

Busybody2:

My Dad is an awo funfun, i have heard him tell someone "awon le yi owo pada"(whatever that means), has read the Holy Bible and Quran many times, I have heard him pray to esu, awon iya mi aje, etc. The day I told him Jesus Christ is all I need, that I don't need any etutu or whatever, he laughed and said "kini omode ara e mo", then launched into a sermon about how Jesus is not the son of God, but one of the ascended masters, blah, blah, blah...He is friends with a lot of Babalawo's so knows a lot of Pastors out there patronising them and using diabolical means to draw crowds

Praises to your dad (Iba)

He is man of the soil.

He is enlightened and see far beyond what you can see.

To him, you are toddler intellectually.

Na bible you dey read?
Once again, respect to him

Busybody2:

But now he realises i am serious about following Jesus Christ for life, he tries to guilt-trip me with stuffs like "i am your father, i gave birth to you, can't i talk to you again, can't i do stuffs to protect you again...hian. I pray he accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour.

He wont convinvce you

alagemo ti bi omo re, ai mo jo di owo omo re.

Your Da cant force wisdom into your head. He cant break your head and pack knowledge into it.

A baby can be serious about some imaginary friend. . . .it is your stage in life. You will evlove.

Jesus did not die for you or anyone. .. ..get down to the reality

2 Likes

Re: We Are All Aborisha by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

Pls stop saying trash

Jesus did not die for anyone.
Re: We Are All Aborisha by Busybody2(f): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2014
BoboYekini: I know who you are na cheesy I'm (was) your toy boy, remember?
So, for old times sake, I'll agree with you on this one. Only Jesus can save shocked

Toyboy, ouch, i see you still have your sharp fingers/tongue angry I thank God old things have passed away cheesy

Yes only Jesus can save...had some experience which made me realise all these idols our ancestors and parents worship are the same...and that when push comes to shove they and their gods are toothless and are being manipulated by devil who doesn't give two figs about them. Someone did evil stuffs(witchcraft tinz) to me which i overlooked by handing the person over to God, after much deliberation they now tell me to use something they prepared for me so that such people would not trouble me again, that after i would now go and beg that person so i can be fully released...see ogboju, tschewwww...

So give me one good reason why i should not delete such people from my life sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? / Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo / Pix: Pope Francis In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.