Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies (2244 Views)

See What Bola Tinubu Son Did { Photo } / Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy / Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
APC Governor Murtala Nyako was Impeached a day ago by PDP led members of Adamawa State House of Assembly. Many observers including the opposition APC has been pointing fingers to President Jonathan and the PDP for being the mastermind. However, let us go memory lane and analyse the "Deeds" of Former Lagos State Governor and APC leader Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu towards his estranged political subordinates- Specifically His Deputies.

1. AKERELE BUCKNOR KOFOWOROLA: She was a Senator and Was elected alongside Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 1999 on the AD platform. In 2002, she declared her Interest to vie the 2003 Lagos State Governor seat against her boss. Bola Tinubu was infuriated, he lobbied the Lagos State House to commence impeachement proceedings against her. Buknor resigned her position as Deputy Governor, she also left the party, Alliance for Democracy. That was the last we heard of her politically.

2. Mr. FEMI PEDRO was picked by Bola Tinubu in 2002 as Buknor's successor. Jointly, they won 2003 Lagos Governorship election. After the formation of Action Congress by majorly sponsored by Atiku Abubakar and Tinubu, Pedro Signified interest to succeed his boss like others in the 2007 Guber election. Then Governor Tinubu told all the contenders to support the Candidacy of his Chief of Staff, Babatunde Raji Fashola. Pedro was adamant, he defected to Labour Party. Next was IMPEACHMENT against Pedro by Lagos State House. Sensing that he couldn't survive the impeachment moves, he RESIGNED his position as Deputy Governor of Lagos State on the day he was to be IMPEACHED. However, Governor Tinubu refused to collect his Resignation Letter...Few Minutes later, the House IMPEACHED him for "Insubordination and Gross Misconduct".

Bola Tinubu OPENED the floodgate for Political Witch-hunt. He was the FIRST Governor Since Lagos History to Have 3 Deputies within a Span of 8 Years. Why is His Party complaining?

17 Likes

Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
You people should stop making Tinubu look like a demi-god. APC is not owned by Tinubu
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
himkers: You people should stop making Tinubu look like a demi-god. APC is not owned by Tinubu
He is the "Leader" of APC. His actions wasn't condemned by the then AD nor defunct AC.

The bottom line is that, the precedent he set is now hunting his party.

6 Likes

Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by lekkie073(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
U can only shoot a bird on the tree, not d one flying in the air. Nyako was a bird on a tree.....

1 Like

Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by DebateNigeria: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
Do me I do you God nor go vex.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by oshyno(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
himkers: You people should stop making Tinubu look like a demi-god. APC is not owned by Tinubu

Ma fren it's not about Tinubu but d APC figure which Tinubu represents.
What d young man is trying to say is that no politician or political party party leaves his rivalry in his circle when he has d power to remove him. Soo APC should stop crying like they wouldn't do d same if it were in their shoes.
People choose people they feel they can work with.

Okorocha did dat.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by oshyno(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2014

What d young man is trying to say is that no politician or political party party leaves his rivalry in his circle when he has d power to remove him. Soo APC should stop crying like they wouldn't do d same if it were in their shoes.

Okorocha did dat.

1 Like

Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
lekkie073: U can only shoot a bird on the tree, not d one flying in the air. Nyako was a bird on a tree.....
I don't support political witch-hunt, my disposition all through the whole Nyako process was that "The Constitution process should be observed". However, I read in awe as LSHA and APC's chieftains condemned the President FORGETING that their political Leader started this nonsense and the Lagos House led by Ikufuroji have taken similar action in the past (even worse)
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
oshyno:

Okorocha did dat.
My Concern with the APC is the Bold.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Firefire(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
chai

"The evil that men do lives after them..." - William Shakespare
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by OduntanGabriel(m): 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Omexonomy: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
APC are the problem of nigeria
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by JAYMA(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
That Tinubu did that should not warrant another, what is bad is bad. we need to learn not to do thesame wrong thing time after time. we need to move forward. Politicians are thesame either PDP, APC, LP etc. but we the citizens seems not to know this. This people eat and wine together. I remember Tinubu joking with OBJ during their hard time while some youths were busy fighting themselves.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by ELOGBO: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wrong step in wrong direction(APC)
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
JAYMA: That Tinubu did that should not warrant another, what is bad is bad. we need to learn not to do thesame wrong thing time after time. we need to move forward. Politicians are thesame either PDP, APC, LP etc. but we the citizens seems not to know this. This people eat and wine together. I remember Tinubu joking with OBJ during their hard time while some youths were busy fighting themselves.
You are right. I don't cheer witch-hunt. I believe in rule of Law and respect to freedom of Association and Choice. However, the thread is basically to remind APC and Lagos State House of their antecedents. If AC/AD never condemned Tinubu as at then, what moral right does APC and Lagos State House has to condemn Jonathan and PDP for Nyako travails?

If one is to come to equity, he must come with clean hands

7 Likes

Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by jaytee01(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: I don't support political witch-hunt, my disposition all through the whole Nyako process was that "The Constitution process should be observed". However, I read in awe as LSHA and APC's chieftains condemned the Prlesident FORGETING that their political Leader started this nonsense and the Lagos House led by Ikufuroji have taken similar action in the past (even worse)
Like the saying goes" what goes around , comes around". Tinubu will feel even more heat than this cos his attitude is destroying his party. However, GEJ should laugh softly cos his own payback will SURELY come. History never lies.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
jaytee01: Like the saying goes" what goes around , comes around". Tinubu will feel even more heat than this cos his attitude is destroying his party. However, GEJ should laugh softly cos his own payback will SURELY come. History never lies.
The bold is why I am concerned with Jonathan. Those of us that love the President(as a Person) will condemn this action. It usually backfires later.

Truly, Mr. Jonathan should thread softly. There are better ways in managing opposition.
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Ttalk: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nigeria politician are beginning to dance to the best tune they are used to, allegations, probes and impeachment has become a veritable tool in the hand of the politicians, one thing i know has played a vital role in this saga is money changing hands, could the stolen 20billion dollar oil money responsible for these endless impeachment here and there? Im sure the final destination of our missing money is in the pocket of our legislators and and our political jobbers who are now cashing in on the robust pocket of our almighty PDP government who starve the states of her statutory allocations only to divert it in bringing down opposition government at all cost. ....when two elephants fight, the grass suffers, the masses are the ones that are being shortchanged. Is this the best we can get out of our democracy?
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by Chigold101(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
abeg who owns APC? Tell us
Re: Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies by worthytalk: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
In every democratic dispensation there are always sacrificial goats like Fayemi and Nyako. During the era of OBJ we have govs like Alamesiaya and Ladoja even the current Ekiti gov elect were victims. History has a way of replaying itself. We should learn to live with it. In the coming democratic dispensation history will still replay.

(1) (Reply)

Eedris Abdulkareem Says His New Album Is In Support Of GEJ & His Administration / Fear Grips Presidency, PDP Over Buhari’s Declaration Rally / Ngige Paid Reverend Father Mbaka N850million To Join Apc Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.