Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before (1606 Views)

Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before by Babprosper20(m): 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Apologizing can be one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. People tend to be egocentric, and feel that the act of apologizing makes them appear weak. This is even more so in the case of men because society equates being sensitive and compassionate with being "unmanly." But sincere apologies can clear the air and bring people closer together.
Instructions

Recognize that you've done something wrong. If you're still at the point that you think that whatever you did is "not a big deal," or that the other person is overreacting, or that the other person does things to you that are far worse than what you did to her, you can't move forward until you are past that stage.

Understand why you are apologizing. Apologize for the right reason. If your wife told you to sleep on the couch because you did something that upset her, don't just blurt out, "Sorry, OK? Damn!," with an "attitude" while rolling your eyes. That isn't an apology. Sometimes you may immediately realize when an apology is in order, and sometimes it could take a long time. Sometimes it could take many years, and then the day will finally come that you fully understand what you have done.

Decide if you are truly ready to apologize. You shouldn't apologize until you can do so sincerely. Don't just apologize because of the awkwardness of having the other person staying mad at you. Don't apologize because he is withholding companionship or anything else from you. Don't apologize because you are sorry that you "got caught." Wait until you are truly ready to apologize for its own sake, and for the benefit of the other person.

Understand how you made the other person feel. This is known as empathy. You need to put yourself in her position, and imagine being on the receiving end of whatever you've done. Keep in mind that even if you are the type of person who thrives on being abused, it doesn't mean that the offended person is the same. It's not sufficient to say, "Well, I wouldn't have gotten upset if she did the same thing to me!" All that matters is how you made the other person feel.

Don't just say, "I'm sorry," and leave it at that. Explain why are you are apologizing. Prove to the other person that you understand what you did. It could be as simple as, "I'm sorry that I didn't take out the garbage even though you asked me nicely to several times," or something broader like, "I'm sorry that I'm such a bad listener, and I always cut you off before you are finished talking." That said, don't apologize sarcastically in a meaningless, generalized way such as, "OK, I'm sorry that I'm so imperfect, and can never live up to your expectations, and I'm sorry for being born, and for being the worst person on Earth." Obviously, that will just make things worse.

Acknowledge your understanding of how you made the other person feel. You might say something like, "I know how angry you must have been seeing me flirt with all the other women at the party," or, "I know that you worked so hard to prepare dinner, and you must have felt really hurt when I said that the food was bland."

Consider explaining to the other person that you will try to not repeat your transgression in the future, but don't make promises that you can't keep, or that aren't realistic. For example, if you caused pain in your marriage, you could say, "I'm going to think about why I felt the need to do what I did, and I'm willing to go for counseling and to do whatever is necessary to preserve our relationship."

Accept whatever reaction comes. Your apology might be accepted wholeheartedly. Or you might be accused of not being honest or sincere. Accept that you did the right and mature thing by apologizing. That is infinitely better than not having done so.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_4729728_realize-that-have-hurt-someone.html
Re: How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before by deywarley(m): 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Don't know about ya'll but the best and the only way i apologize to my gf whenever i do something wrong is to give her the 'D'
Re: How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before by Smartsyn(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
My girl apologize to me whether am the one wrong or not....
Re: How To Apologise To A Girl You Have Insulted Before by Mubarack44(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
If i may ask do u want me to apologize for my gf?

It cant be happen as far as some other girls are around me change is costant!!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Leave The Person You Are Seriously Dating At The Moment For N10m / SHE NEED YOUR ADVICE >pics< / Priest Convicted Of handling Woman's Breast Inside Plane When She Was Sleeping..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.