Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,467 members, 7,954,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (14596 Views)

Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2014
The chances of success is very much there. Where intended couples go in with open minds, participants aren't far in appearance and disposition from whom each would have choosen, maturity has set in and parents have good taste. Afterall, some of us still rely on friends and well wishers to find us BFs and GFs to whom some of us get hooked to.

As for me, I no fit shout. If parents are able to properly FIT me with my tall, dark, intelligent, financially well off, healthy, secy, morally upright, well schooled and lovable gentleman...I will quickly start packing my bags!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 6:54am On Jul 17, 2014
$

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by MightySparrow: 7:01am On Jul 17, 2014
In any marriage ' the success is 50 - 50. So many arranged marriages succeed while carefully planned, prayed for fail. It is all by luck.
my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Agrika: 7:04am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Let's arrange ours...
am already married
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 7:12am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Agrika: 7:14am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Arranged marriage
yes

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Agrika: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

So, is it a compatible marriage or a tolerant marriage.
why all d questions pls,....im busy
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by jearile(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Success of any marriage whether arranged or not depends on motive and understanding.
Is the motive based on love or business in order to protect the family high status? Or is it based on tribalism? etc...
The right motive will ignite understanding and willingness to preserve and protect the marriage commitment. It'd make you seek help from God.
An "arranged" marriage is simply your parent suggesting a would-be spouse on your behalf; if it then becomes a choice you must accept under duress whether you like the supposed spouse or not, it's now beyond what it seems.
NB: There's no luck in marriage!
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 7:23am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by eduxerxes: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2014
lokito: It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

These city girls ain't loyal
Internet racketeering has beclouded their sense of reasoning
Chatting and searching for men on Badoo, FB,whatsapp posting pictures, wallowing and twerking like 3D cartoon on instagram just to get LIKE they can't convert to money.

Those days, make love to your woman in 10 seconds she is ok and everybody is good. Try it these days you'll see her complaining on NL like a she-goat "my man is a 1minute man"
Holla at your woman or get her angry... she'll quit and say "i've moved on". sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be staring at you. In her mind she'll be like "if I say make I press your neck now kill you die here nko"

Lemme stop here. Such works cause both the arranged will do everything not to disappoint the arrangers

Have a blessed day friends
101%, there's no better way of addressing this issue.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2014
50/50
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by benuejosh: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Become a one star TAN Ambassador(transformation ambassadors of Nigeria)
The Benefits of being a One Star
TAN Ambassador are enormous. 1. You have access to firsthand
TAN activities. 2. You have access to offers and
opportunities which include
travelling , training , Job
opportunities etc. 3. N10,000.00 logistics money. 4. You become a ward
coordinator and may rise to a
State coordinator. 5. You represent your ward in a
national meeting of TAN
Ambassadors CLICK
LINK TO BECOME A MEMBER:http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=25984
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Burger01(m): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2014
Arranged marriage, in this era. I pass.

Btw, arranged or not arranged, it all boils down to choice, understanding and compatibility. It was good back in the eons, but not anymore. There must be a catch one way or the other in arranged marriage. Nowadays, nothing goes for free in such marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by daryoor(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2014
does it work? yes, it does

do i want it? hell no... never
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2014
The chances are slim. But mostly sustained through money
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Amhappy(f): 7:56am On Jul 17, 2014
It works so well but like every other marriage it can fail if the parties involved are not ready to make it work. However what we have now is more of arranged courtship because the couple most times still go ahead to date each other for 6months or more before the wedding proper. It still very common in my place.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2014
i no fit even dcide self....d two sounds great...but wich ever comes in...take it and move on...smiles...
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by tempem: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Say the full story.
Amebo's corner dey oh! care to join?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by smudge2079(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2014
D only morality in a cruel world is chance; unbiased, unprejudiced, fair, 50-50. It can go either way.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2014
lokito: It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

Chatting and searching for men on Badoo, FB,whatsapp posting pictures, wallowing and twerking like 3D cartoon on instagram just to get LIKE they can't convert to money.

Those days, make love to your woman in 10 seconds she is ok and everybody is good. Try it these days you'll see her complaining on NL like a she-goat "my man is a 1minute man"
Holla at your woman or get her angry... she'll quit and say "i've moved on". sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be staring at you. In her mind she'll be like "if I say make I press your neck now kill you die here nko"

Lemme stop here. Such works cause both the arranged will do everything not to disappoint the arrangers

well said Bro.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Wisdytech(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Cheated By Lover: 21-yr-old Student Commits Suicide In Calabar -

www.nairaland.com/1816311/jilted-lover-21-yr-old-student-commits#24749071
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by ayoaces: 8:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Marriages (both arranged and unarranged) worked then because both parties went in without the option of separation or divorce. Now for most couples its not a do or die affair.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2014
The chance depends on the individuals involved, there should be a mutual interest of making the marriage work.

My fiancee was arranged for me, we had our introduction over the weekend here in Abj and it was colorful.....

Even if you picked your partner from Jupiter and the mutual commitment to the relationship is lacking, it would definitely not work!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by BukkyDan(f): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2014
It depends on the people involved, their taste, character(i.e are they the obedient type that can be made to do things they don't want to?) and preference.

The 'arrangee' should make sure they both have atleast one or two things in common.

I'd agree to an arranged marriage if the said guy is spiritually upright, not bad in terms of looks, financially stable and 'tends to see things my way'...that's an example though.

So it all boils down to the individual.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by danot1030: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2014
I have always have the view that many in NL are not mature going by the many threads and comments from them. This thread Is giving credence to dis view cos I cannot imaging a mature mind depending on his or her parents to decide or dictate for him or her whom to marry no matter wot their reasons culd be. The same set of immature mind can't stay in marriage except they invite d undue interference of the same parents on every issue. Mitcheew.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by jumzzy448: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2014

Choiii grin women yaff. Suffered oo.

@op, the success of an arranged marriage depends on the. Parties involved. While it worked for some, it might not work for others.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by b3llo(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2014
Like everybody said "it depends on both parties involved"
My 2 kobo advice.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by rigarmortis: 9:19am On Jul 17, 2014
do you know the difference between your wife and your bad job?

after ten years your job will still suck!!!!!

so what will you do after ten years?...whether arrangement or your choice, as time goes on it takes discipline to stay in marriage.

the only difference is you have no one to blame if its your choice.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Anacksunamun: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2014

Why are men like you quick to point the blame finger on the women only? What about the men sleeping with these women that ain't loyal? What about the guys on Badoo, Facebook, Twitter and other soical apps chasing these girls up and down? What about the men buying these ladies Brazilian hairs? What about the men patronising these próstitutes on Allen Avenue? What about the men sleeping with students before they pass them? Why did you chose to blame the girls and leave the men that chased or patronised these girls? Why are you such a hypocrite? So if a man patronises a harlót, you will cuss the hoe and praise the men that paid over the odd to get laid? What's the sense in that?

If you must blame, blame both parties. Stop this hypocrisy. When a girl says she doesn't want séx till after marriage, it's your ilk that will still stay they can't "buy a non-tested good." Y'all are quick to blame the female genders, blaming them of the same crime you are championing. Mtcheewww!!

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2014
It will work if money is involved.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / Questioning The Illusion Of Burying The Dead In Some Part Of Nigeria. / Amusat laleye Dusin Kidnapped In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.