Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (14494 Views)

Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2014
lokito: It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

These city girls ain't loyal
Internet racketeering has beclouded their sense of reasoning
Chatting and searching for men on Badoo, FB,whatsapp posting pictures, wallowing and twerking like 3D cartoon on instagram just to get LIKE they can't convert to money.

Those days, make love to your woman in 10 seconds she is ok and everybody is good. Try it these days you'll see her complaining on NL like a she-goat "my man is a 1minute man"
Holla at your woman or get her angry... she'll quit and say "i've moved on". sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be staring at you. In her mind she'll be like "if I say make I press your neck now kill you die here nko"

Lemme stop here. Such works cause both the arranged will do everything not to disappoint the arrangers

Have a blessed day friends

God bless your soul.

I will readily consider an arranged marriage. Most of these 3D selfie ladies aren't just loyal... Shallow minded entities thinking life revolves around deceptive likes on facebook, instagram...

A little mistake, the next thing na "I need a break", lol.. Afterall, plenty facebook, whatsapp boos dey (lol). And you begin to wonder if these people ever loved you.

Talk about money; na so their eyes go dey shine like chinese cable.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:27am On Jul 17, 2014
It is 50-50. It may or not work depending on the parties.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by ngona(f): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2014
I have seen marriages where they dated for 5years courted for 2years got married nd ended breaking up. It must not necessary be arrange per-say but one can be introduce to another nd if the two flow,den it goes.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by lokito: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2014
Acidosis:

God bless your soul.

I will readily consider an arranged marriage. Most of these 3D selfie ladies aren't just loyal... Shallow minded entities thinking life revolves around deceptive likes on facebook, instagram...

A little mistake, the next thing na "I need a break", lol.. Afterall, plenty facebook, whatsapp boos dey (lol). And you begin to wonder if these ever loved you.

Lol. They' be asking for break/space. Francola cappucino

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2014
danot1030: I have always have the view that many in NL are not mature going by the many threads and comments from them. This thread Is giving credence to dis view cos I cannot imaging a mature mind depending on his or her parents to decide or dictate for him or her whom to marry no matter wot their reasons culd be. The same set of immature mind can't stay in marriage except they invite d undue interference of the same parents on every issue. Mitcheew.

After about 3-5 dissapointment from these ladies, my brother you will readily settle for an arranged marriage.

We mostly choose with our hearts. Parents mostly use Brains, Head.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by amnestylaw1(m): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Oju awo lawo fin gba obe.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2014
lokito:

Lol. They' be asking for break/space. Francola cappucino

Yes oo,

even when she cheats on you, she'll still expect you to apologize cheesy
Choi, I fear these girls.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 17, 2014
We should understand that there are two variations of "arranged marriage": the "classical" and the "neo classical"
When parents oblige you to marry someone they fancy, it's the former case which is gradually going out of fashion. Then comes in what is kinda in vogue now; when parents "recommend", or loosely speaking introduces you to someone, and it's left for the parties to agree, which is the latter case. The two are not the same. However, bear in mind that these days, uncles, brothers, cousins, friends and what have you "recommend" too. As we go on and on, the issue of "arranged marriage" looses its meaning.

Which type are we talking about here??

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Ajekpakororo: 9:47am On Jul 17, 2014
Arranged marriage?
oh pleaseeeeeee,this is the 21st century,people should have a mind of their own.All this arranged marriage where women end up getting married to thieves and fraudsters.Thank God i didnt succumb to pressure else!jardon my black ass.s.ssss

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Edusouls(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2014
Men and women of nowadays re something else, men sees a girl the only ting that cumes to their mind is hve sex and i win, married young men now go crazy with pursuing women senselessly around...women's own is worse and gets worser by the day, influenced by i pad and i phone, their brains just work as one, lost most of their senses,just roam about like zombies, many re into multiple relationships, date their fathers just 4 bb,i phone,i pad,galaxy..date anything dateble, including vry old great grand fathers, humanoids, even ghost, just to belong, at the end, these girls have been loaded inside out with various ranges of curses, they become walking bombs, any man that carries this disaster women into their home, pays in arias, the whole price of the rotten past, which will take a devasting toll on the marital home, the truth is that divorce is just starting, it will surely soar,cos the number of some disaster men and vry numerous disaster women re too many out there, so young men brace ur selfs the worse is yet to come....

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Ajekpakororo: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2014
i guess they are talking about ur first option.Those kind of marriage where a lady takes in an impotent man for a husband!
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2014
I will still prefer a girl you meet through recommendation than the one on the street !!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Ajekpakororo: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2014
whatever failure a woman becoome,there is surely a man behind it.This patriarchal society where men tends to decide the fate of women,hence subjugating them to zombies is no longer working.Very many intelligent women who succeed will not tell u how many times they where fu^ked just to get there...Now you guys have thought us how to be stupid,dont cry foul when we cant stop being stupid.Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by zaynablar(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
Don't even tink of it,itneva gonna last.i used to be in one.i agreed with dis consoling statement that says,Ten yrs is not enuf to knw som1 bsyds, most of our Parents neva got to court,forgetting dat ladies/guys of nowadays r totally diff from dem.well,u don't want to knw wot followed after few months into d marriage. I eventually left wen I cudnt manage him anymor after a year six months.Mind u,im not ruling out d success of an arranged marriage totally cos wot works for mr A may b a failure for mr B.im nt in suport sha.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
Edusouls: Men and women of nowadays re something else, men sees a girl the only ting that cumes to their mind is hve sex and i win, married young men now go crazy with pursuing women senselessly around...women's own is worse and gets worser by the day, influenced by i pad and i phone, their brains just work as one, lost most of their senses,just roam about like zombies, many re into multiple relationships, date their fathers just 4 bb,i phone,i pad,galaxy..date anything dateble, including vry old great grand fathers, humanoids, even ghost, just to belong, at the end, these girls have been loaded inside out with various ranges of curses, they become walking bombs, any man that carries this disaster women into their home, pays in arias, the whole price of the rotten past, which will take a devasting toll on the marital home, the truth is that divorce is just starting, it will surely soar,cos the number of some disaster men and vry numerous disaster women re too many out there, so young men brace ur selfs the worse is yet to come....

Oh na man own no worst abi?
All the beating wey women dey chop from their husband's na Wetin.
All the small small gurls wey get VVF for up north na Wetin?
All the gang rape and Rape wey women dey suffer from century till date even from soldiers na Wetin?
What about the "You are good for the job but you need to come to my hotel to take your employment letter'my Oga@ at top,na Wetin ooooo?
The one wey woman go cover her face reach leg for 40% scorching sun na Wetin?
Abi na the 'wayo wayo'wey a 12 yr old gurl dey scream for night
We are into multiple relationship abi?What about the STD's wey some men dey carry enter house?Who go pursue the other person?Abi na the sad woman go carry her bag go,na people like you go still see her as Ashawo wey leave her husband!!!!!
Abeg leave us with the iPad and iPhone!!!The Zombie that some of us are now is no different from the ones some of our mothers faced in your hands!Go to warri and see how our mother's sell fish to feed ur lazy men!All you do is get dru nk,come lazily home to pound the tired woman!
Leave us alone and face your work!Leave us to find our bearing as no doubt,a lot of gurls are going out there to find work(of course you are to blind to notice that).A lot don't mind to sleep with that old man who wants to give us job,because we are tired of being called liabilities.Ironically by the same set if people who wants to f^k our TIRED pus....ssies.So please go back to your shell.

If una like,make una abuse women reach tomorrow,the runs wey una create,una go still carry go house because seriously its not gonna get better.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Bidex6444(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
Using "bidex approach"

Arranged marriages aint the best. Firstly, what's the meaning of marriage? Marriage is the intimate union and equal partnership of a man and a woman.
Or the formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
Secondly, I believe we are in a new era why should a grown up guy or lady depend on their parent to arrange the person they will marry? I see no sense in that because if awful and only jerks allow such barbaristic and unwanted act.
If parent matchmake or arrange marriage for their children I bliv the probability of failure is 99.5% and 0.05% is of success. I know some people are still daft and they allow their parent to arrange lady or guy for them.
If you can be sent to school from your pry - secondary- university and you can't marry a lady or guy of your choice then you have both physical and spiritual problem which can only be solved by irumoles....lol...
In conclusion, parent should let their children chose who he or she want to marry to because its a life time thing not a month.
#TEAMNOARRANGEMARRIAGE#
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2014
@lynpetra.. wetin I do you na?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2014
nayef: @lynpetra.. wetin I do you na?

I don't understand.I didn't offend you o.Please do point where I have erred.Biko embarassed
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2014
zaynablar: Don't even tink of it,itneva gonna last.i used to be in one.i agreed with dis consoling statement that says,Ten yrs is not enuf to knw som1 bsyds, most of our Parents neva got to court,forgetting dat ladies/guys of nowadays r totally diff from dem.well,u don't want to knw wot followed after few months into d marriage. I eventually left wen I cudnt manage him anymor after a year six months.Mind u,im not ruling out d success of an arranged marriage totally cos wot works for mr A may b a failure for mr B.im nt in suport sha.

Don't mind the bigotry of some men who exalt arranged marriage.Most of them have very dirrty secrets.Some go dey for abroad pay bride price for small village gurl after many children and divorces from oyibo.Nonsence!!!

Any Jardon wey try tell make I find wife for am,na from brothel I go go tidy one chick for am.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2014
lynpetra:

I don't understand.I didn't offend you o.Please do point where I have erred.Biko embarassed

Let me take it on face value that you are Ibo. Just "un-queue" me!!
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2014
nayef:

Let me take it on face value that you are Ibo. Just "un-queue" me!!

I still don't understand o.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Acidosis:

God bless your soul.

A little mistake, the next thing na "I need a break", lol.. Afterall, plenty facebook, whatsapp boos dey (lol). And you begin to wonder if these people ever loved you.

grin grin grin +100

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by sambisa5: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=lokito]It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

Chatting and searching for men on Badoo, FB,whatsapp posting pictures, wallowing and twerking like 3D cartoon on instagram just to get LIKE they can't convert to money.

Those days, make love to your woman in 10 seconds she is ok and everybody is good. Try it these days you'll see her complaining on NL like a she-goat "my man is a 1minute man"
Holla at your woman or get her angry... she'll quit and say "i've moved on". sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be staring at you. In her mind she'll be like "if I say make I press your neck now kill you die here nko"

3D cartoon. cheesy grin
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by pweedyuz(f): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
lokito: It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

Lemme stop here. Such works cause both the arranged will do everything not to disappoint the arrangers

Thank God u used "those days" in ur writing
tins change my people.......change is d only constant thing in life...
dis is d 21st century for christ sake....u cant compare d generation of our parents to dat of our...
y wunt arranged marriage work den wen "girls education ends in d kitchen" slogan was d reigning stuff.....every girl of d 19th nd 20th century knew dat for d first 17-20yrs of dia life will b spent with deir parents helping them nd also training to b a good wife to deir husband...some were even betrothed at d age of 4-5 to a guy whom d parents believe cums from a good family
talking about divorce??....if u get divorce den,,no man will ever
marry u again...even if ur husband cheats,,or use u as punching bag everyday,u will have to stay in d marriage cos cuming awt is nt an option......

EVERYTIN HAS CHANGED
U cant cum here nd say "dese city gils aint loyal"
about whatsapp nd twitter,,im sure if our parents had technology den,deir lives wuld have been different
Every human go with change.....dere was a tym we danced galala nd yahozee nd today we dance skelewu,kukere nd azonto......
1990s were into"if u were nt a virgin,,u wunt get married" nd d whole community will insult u
TODAY,,If u b virgin,,,na war.....ur mates go say opportunity neva cum ur syd or u no sabi anytin....
Sooo my dear broda,,,arranged marriage worked den because dat is hw evrione gets married......if ur parents dont get sumone for u,,u wunt get married...
nowadays evrione wants true love.....if ur parent gets sumone for u nd probably she is ugly,,,u can refuse nd go luk for d girl u want..nd if ur parents decide nt to cum to ur wedding,,,E NO CONCERN U...

as for mi,,,NO ONE will get a husband for mi......I will search for my man!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by kaima1984(f): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Mutuwa: Are u about going into one?

No one can tell ya exact up and till he/she has been in it,either in or out. undecided
As for me..it worked perfectly..all thanks to d almighty..this is my 6th year at d matrimonial home.
wow,congrats
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by PassingShot(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014

Funny you! But you no lie.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2014

First of all that is what is known as premature ejaculation. It is a sexual dysfunction so whoever has it should seek help. The doctors will help you cure it instead of becoming angry at women. It is abnormal. Secondly, are you saying that in 'those days' all men had this dysfunction? Because I would like to think the opposite since they ate a lot of organic food.

Not that you might care but there are loads of good girls out there, even the Brazilian weaves ones. Maybe you are just not looking properly.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by teninfayo94(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
The chances of it workin is low
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Anacksunamun:

Why are men like you quick to point the blame finger on the women only? What about the men sleeping with these women that ain't loyal? What about the guys on Badoo, Facebook, Twitter and other soical apps chasing these girls up and down? What about the men buying these ladies Brazilian hairs? What about the men patronising these próstitutes on Allen Avenue? What about the men sleeping with students before they pass them? Why did you chose to blame the girls and leave the men that chased or patronised these girls? Why are you such a hypocrite? So if a man patronises a harlót, you will cuss the hoe and praise the men that paid over the odd to get laid? What's the sense in that?

If you must blame, blame both parties. Stop this hypocrisy. When a girl says she doesn't want séx till after marriage, it's your ilk that will still stay they can't "buy a non-tested good." Y'all are quick to blame the female genders, blaming them of the same crime you are championing. Mtcheewww!!

Oh how I love you so!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by musaibnabdul(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
The chances are high, our parents married on it. And till death do us part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened To The "Nkan Nbe" Type Of Programs? / How Do U Spell (weed) In Yoruba, Is It Igbo? Or Egbo? / The Gad & Eri Lie And The Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.