Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon (50260 Views)

"7 Truths About Marriage You Will Not Be Told" / German Groom Forgets Bride At Gas Station / David Cameron Forgets Daughter, 8, At Pub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Jaggiey: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2014
Seriously, this article is challenging and sets me thinking. My thought is just for us not to take all ideas hook, line and sinker. I think we need to adapt to our lives.

Time is money, make money, spend it well and don't let it rule you for you to keep who you really are. That is our essence: Fulfilling our dreams and life's purpose.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by mikkyjagga1(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2014
Nice write-up....learnt alot

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by smd(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2014
Another one is ppl dont want to go to hell and they commit sins everyday

2 Likes

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by bennyzer(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2014
yuzjet: 5. THINKING AND DOING ARE TWO VERY
DIFFERENT THINGS.

Success never comes to look for you while you wait around thinking about it. You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.
Knowledge is basically useless without action. Good things don’t come to those who wait; they come to those who work on meaningful goals. Ask yourself what’s really important and then have the courage to build your life around your answer. And remember, if you wait until you feel 100% ready to begin, you’ll likely be waiting the rest of your life.

6. YOU DON’T HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN APOLOGY TO FORGIVE.
Life gets much easier when you learn to accept all the apologies you never got. The key is to be thankful for every experience – positive or negative. It’s taking a step back and saying, “ Thank you for the lesson.” It’s
realizing that grudges from the past are a perfect waste of today’s happiness, and that holding one is like letting unwanted company live rent free in your head. Forgiveness is a promise – one you want to keep. When
you forgive someone you are making a promise not to hold the unchangeable past against your present self. It has nothing to do with freeing a criminal of his or her crime, and everything to do with freeing yourself of the burden of being an eternal victim.

7. SOME PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY THE WRONG MATCH FOR YOU.
You will only ever be as great as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go of those who keep bringing you down. You shouldn’t force connections with people who constantly make you feel
less than amazing. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable and insecure every time you’re with them, for whatever reason, they’re probably not close friend material. If they
make you feel like you can’t be yourself, or if they make you “less than” in any way, don’t pursue a connection with them. If you feel emotionally drained after hanging out with them or get a small hit of anxiety when
you are reminded of them, listen to your intuition.

There are so many “right people” for you, who energize you and inspire you to be your best self. It makes no sense to force it with people who are the wrong match for you.
Thinking!!!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2014
Excellent piece of write up.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by bennyzer(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2014
yuzjet: 9. WHAT YOU OWN IS NOT WHO YOU ARE.
Stuff really is just stuff, and it has absolutely no bearing on who you are as a person. Most of us can make do with much less than we think we need. That’s a valuable reminder, especially in a hugely consumer-driven
culture that focuses more on material things than meaningful connections and experiences.
You have to create your own culture. Don’t watch TV, don’t read every fashion magazine, and don’t consume too much of the evening news. Find the strength to fill your time with meaningful experiences. The space and time you are occupying at this very moment is LIFE, and if you’re worrying about Kim Kardashian or Lebron James or some other famous face, then you are disempowered. You’re giving your life away to marketing
and media trickery, which is created by big companies to ultimately motivate you to want to dress a certain way, look a certain way, and be a certain way. This is tragic, this kind of thinking. It’s all just Hollywood brainwashing. What is real is YOU and your friends and your family, your loves, your highs, your hopes, your plans, your fears, etc.
Too often we’re told that we’re not important, we’re just peripheral to what is. “Get a degree, get a job, get a car, get a house, and keep on getting.” And it’s sad, because someday you’ll wake up and realize you’ve been tricked. And all you’ll want then is to reclaim your mind by getting it out of the hands of the brainwashers who want to turn you into a drone that buys everything that
isn’t needed to impress everyone that isn’t important.

10. EVERYTHING CHANGES, EVERY SECOND.
Embrace change and realize it happens for a reason. It won’t always be obvious at first, but in the end it will be worth it. What you have today may become what you had by
tomorrow. You never know. Things change, often spontaneously. People and circumstances come and go. Life doesn’t stop for anybody. It moves rapidly and
rushes from calm to chaos in a matter of seconds, and happens like this to people every day. It’s likely happening to someone nearby right now.

Sometimes the shortest split second in time changes the direction of our lives. A seemingly innocuous decision rattles our whole world like a meteorite striking Earth.
Entire lives have been swiveled and flipped upside down, for better or worse, on the strength of an unpredictable event. And these events are always happening.

However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. That’s the one thing you can count on. So when life is good, enjoy it. Don’t go looking for something better every second. Happiness never comes to those who don’t appreciate what they have while they have it.

YOUR TURN…
What else would you add to this list? What important life lessons do you often forget? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.

Sourced from:
themindunleashed.org/2014/07/10-painfully-obvious-truths-everyone-forgets-soon.html

Mods, Thanks!
This is freakingly true.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by AmJane(f): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2014
I love this piece It got me thinking seriously. God will help us all. Nice write up @ Op and thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by judedwriter(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Handle dis truth-if wealth only comes thru much hard work, then those abokis' dat carry cement should b the richest wink Some work less harder and make so much money. Its not how hard u work but how smart u work-dig? wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by ehvez(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Nice Write up

To make cool cash click on my signature

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Afrocatalyst: So in love wit number 3. Being busy does not equate being productive. Deep!

Something I always told my boys.

Busy doing nothing. Busy running around.

When one cannot sit down and calculate the profit added to the capital and deduct the expenses..

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Dmentor(f): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Great article. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by hapiness44(f): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2014
The first thread I will read from the begining to the end,without thinking of rushing tru the rest. 9 and 6 spoke directly to me. (Inshort I don copy 9 to my fb page,but Op neva vex, i acknowledge u)

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2014
bennyzer: This is freakingly true.

Aint nothing freaking. But a plain truth!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2014
bennyzer: Thinking!!!

Think it well!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2014
bennyzer: U r blessing me guy. Cos I just made a silly mistake dat has thrown me off balance for now. Take solace in ur advice dat it will pass.

U're a blessing as well bro. Be strong enough to make a new balance which am sure will be perfect. All u need to anticipate from dis failure is SUCCESS. Be cool bro!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by BreezyRita(f): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2014
Loving this!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2014
bennyzer: Painful truth indeed.

Yeah! So painful but wat d truth it is.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Haywhymido(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2014
Thumb up, 4 d poster n speech writer.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2014
hapiness44: The first thread I will read from the begining to the end,without thinking of rushing tru the rest. 9 and 6 spoke directly to me. (Inshort I don copy 9 to my fb page,but Op neva vex, i acknowledge u)

No problem, sharing is allowed. I acknowledge u for ur confession. wink
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2014
Haywhymido: Thumb up, 4 d poster n speech writer.

Thumb up to u as well for taking ur time to read it!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by sugaarbear(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
i need to print this piece out................bookmarked

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by hilario8898(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
I just had to comment, op you did well, going through all the comments, I realised that this write-up would touch some people immensely in ways they can't imagine. Already, someone is talking about quitting his job and another about making it her motto in life.

In conclusion, inspirational talks help a lot in improving the life of people. Remain blessed y'all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
9ce Write up...No2 got me encouraged...tnx@op

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
AmJane: I love this piece It got me thinking seriously. God will help us all. Nice write up @ Op and thanks for sharing.

U're welcome and thanks for reading it!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
hilario8898: I just had to comment, op you did well, going through all the comments, I realised that this write-up would touch some people immensely in ways they can't imagine. Already, someone is talking about quitting his job and another about making it her motto in life.

In conclusion, inspirational talks help a lot in improving the life of people. Remain blessed y'all.

Remain blessed too!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by eleojo23: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
A good write-up makes me happy any day. Brilliant.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by ChynoBEATS: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nna u 4get number 8tu O?... Abi u send am msq
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Also, learn how to save. What you save today is what you will eat tomorrow. It takes financial discipline to make you rich tomorrow. The difference between the rich and poor is not in the size of their incomes but in the way they manage what they have..

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by rollytee(f): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Op, pls can I share?
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by StoneColdBiceps(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
GREAT PIECE....JUST BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by lakashey: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
ori e wan be

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: abeg leave me jor cry I don't wanna die.. Period.
cheesy cheesy I feel you bro,unfortunately one cant help it...like the other guy said,we pray it(death) comes at old age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My 13 Years Old Has Become Terrible! I Want To Send Her Back To Nigeria / Photo Of Two Grandmas Who Are Identical Twins Goes Viral / I Caught My Wife Selling Her Nude Pictures To Other Men. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.