Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon (50259 Views)

"7 Truths About Marriage You Will Not Be Told" / German Groom Forgets Bride At Gas Station / David Cameron Forgets Daughter, 8, At Pub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by tundabolt(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
sexzskil: 11. There is nothing like love operating in this universe. Infact ''real love'' is an illusion originated by medieaval trickstars. Whenever a human falls in love, he knows there is a greater gain waiting for him at the receiving end. The synonym of self-centeredness is LOVE. My admonition to everyone is for them to live their lives the way they want, according to how they want nature to regard them. You were born alone and you are going to die alone so why live a life others want for you.--- SEXZSKIL
no sweet heart, you can't just live your life the way u want; there is a designed WAY by your CREATOR. God creates everything and Everyone with a PURPOSE and your purpose SEXZSKIL is not for fucking or on the BED. You are worth more VALUABLE than that to GOD.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Yujin(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: No 1 is the bomb. Others are nonsense. I hate death! I'm scared of death. Death is my nightmare! I wish I will not die...God you made a mistake when you allowed man to be dying.
My friend with this mindset you can never be at your best. A man must overcome the fear of death so that he can do the impossible.
You are scared, you will die; you aren't scared, still you die. What then is the use of being scared?
Listen friend, death is a friend and it should not frighten you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by airroseice(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
sexzskil: 11. There is nothing like love operating in this universe. Infact ''real love'' is an illusion originated by medieaval trickstars. Whenever a human falls in love, he knows there is a greater gain waiting for him at the receiving end. The synonym of self-centeredness is LOVE. My admonition to everyone is for them to live their lives the way they want, according to how they want nature to regard them. You were born alone and you are going to die alone so why live a life others want for you.--- SEXZSKIL

"Real" love may be an illusion based on your theory, however I think the definition of emotional-love ("real" as you have put it - correct me if I'm wrong) is subjective and the best example I can cite is the mother-child love.

What people "want" in their relationship differs but over all WE ALL APPRECIATE THE FEELING OF BEING LOVED.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Danhumprey: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: take your preaching elsewhere my friend. Btw who told you that there is heaven and hell. Do you know how many religion we have in this world? Just cos you happened to be a christian you talking hell and heaven...smh.
I read somewhere that there are about 4,200 religions.shockedshockedshocked
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Hwy95: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
[b]ADDING :[/b

Haters/ By Maya Angelou

A hater is someone who is jealous and envious and spends all their
Time trying to make you look small so they can look tall.
They are very negative people to say the least. Nothing is ever
Good enough!

When you make your mark, you will always attract some haters...

That's why you have to be careful with whom you share your
Blessings and your dreams, because some folk can't handle seeing
You blessed...

It's dangerous to be like somebody else... If God wanted you to be
Like somebody else, He would have given you what He gave them! Right?

You never know what people have gone through to get what they
Have...

The problem I have with haters is that they see my glory, but they
Don't know my story....

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you
Can rest assured that the water bill is higher there too!

We've all got some haters among us!

Some people envy you because you can:
a) Have a relationship with God
b) Light up a room when you walk in
c) Start your own business
d) Tell a man/woman to hit the curb
(if he/she isn't about the right thing)
e) you are a strong person and don't let people run you over
f) you have a strong and loving marriage and they can't get in-between spouses to spoil it

Haters can't stand to see you happy.
Haters will never want to see you succeed.
Most of our haters are people who are supposed to be
On our side (like some family and friends).

How do you handle your undercover haters?
You can handle these haters by:

1. Knowing who you are & who your true friends are
*(VERY IMPORTANT!!)

2. Having a purpose to your life: Purpose does not
Mean just having a job. You can have a job and still be
Unfulfilled.

A purpose is having a clear sense of what God has called you to be.
Your purpose is not defined by what others think about you

3. By remembering that what you have is by divine
Prerogative and not human manipulation.

Fulfill your dreams! You only have one life to live...when it’s your
Time to leave this earth, you want to be able to say, 'I've lived my
Life and fulfilled my dreams, Now I'm ready to go HOME!

When God gives you favor, you can tell your haters, 'Don't look at
Me...Look at who is in charge of me...'

Pass this to all of your family & friends who you know are
Not hating on you including the person who sent it to you.

If you don't get it back, maybe you called somebody out!
Don't worry about it, it's not your problem, it's theirs.
Just pray for them, that their life can be as fulfilled as
Yours! Watch out for Haters...BUT most of all don't become
A HATER!

Maya Angelou

"Always Reach for Perfection. You May Just Land on Excellence."

Yesterday is the past. Tomorrow is the future. Today
is a GIFT, that is why it is called the PRESENT.

Making the simple complicated is easy.
Making the complicated simple requires
extreme CREATIVITY.

Work to achieve, NOT to acquire.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
Cheeun: I so much love this writeup. So insightful: it gives me this kind of peace i can't even explain. . . and reminds me of the right perspective i should have towards life. Thanks, op. smiley

U're always welcome. wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Infoay: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Awakening the food for thought.
Thank you Op.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by tundabolt(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: take your preaching elsewhere my friend. Btw who told you that there is heaven and hell. Do you know how many religion we have in this world? Just cos you happened to be a christian you talking hell and heaven...smh.
The presence of the 'fakes' eliminate doubt of the Original. And as a christian am concinced and governed totally by the unconditional LOVE of Jesus Christ am not a religious monk rather am one consumed by the love of Jesus. He loves you too dearly.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by premium1: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
grin grin
macsika: After reading and re-reading this. I couldn't help the fact that i'm so happy right now. Most of what was written, really touched my Aortic valve. Thanks Original Poster.

Thanks macstika.I say thanks again,so the meaning of OP ȋs Original poster?I neva knew really andd shame will neva allow ♍Ƹ to ask fellow nairalanders cos I know I will get the ab use of my life if I dare to ask so I kept mute these past years.@ yuzjet,tanks for the original write up,u so made my day.blessings!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by tonygee1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Few things impress me in life,this is one of them

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Danhumprey: I read somewhere that there are about 4,200 religions.shockedshockedshocked
see...and everyone of them has its different views on life after death.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yujin:
My friend with this mindset you can never be at your best. A man must overcome the fear of death so that he can do the impossible.
You are scared, you will die; you aren't scared, still you die. What then is the use of being scared?
Listen friend, death is a friend and it should not frighten you.
friend? Your friend not minecry .
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by emeraldlife: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful article

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by queensenglish91: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
SAMBARRY: VERY INSIGHTIVE
*Insightful
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by bigfrancis21: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
yuzjet:

Kindly recheck, it has been added. Thanks for being very observant!

smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by ablyguy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
I don't know why, but this soul-searching piece felt like a rude awakening to me...

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
Op. Thanks so much. You have made my day.
Now i will try to be more productive than over labouring myself with bussyness.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Gynacologist(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: abeg leave me jor cry I don't wanna die.. Period.
hmmm na so u lyk diz lyf rich?
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by MrLIVELY(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Extremely amazing, absolutely stunning, exponentially educative, completely magnificient, unbelievably insightful, ------yet these words cannot fully explain or express the awesomeness brilliancy of this write up!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by ogtavia(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Timely and true...blunt though but through...and pls Mr Laide Osewa,introduce a link.whereby nairaland post can be shared directly on facebook...thnkz.

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Gynacologist: hmmm na so u lyk diz lyf rich?
ehee nah.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
MrLIVELY: Extremely amazing, absolutely stunning, exponentially educative, completely magnificient, unbelievably insightful, ------yet these words cannot fully explain or express the awesomeness brilliancy of this write up!!

Ur description of dis article is simply indispensable. Thumb up!
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by yuzjet(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
ogtavia: Timely and true...blunt though but through...and pls Mr Laide Osewa,introduce a link.whereby nairaland post can be shared directly on facebook...thnkz.

That's a good recommeendation. Am sure something will be done soon abt dat! And, thanks for dropping by.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Gynacologist(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: ehee nah.
watin u neva taste?
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by pinkishgal(f): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
Wow! I'm thrilled @op you REALLY MADE MY DAY thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by activatenigeria: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
Word, we need more of this on front page. Not the regular unnecessary ......... nice 1 OP

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by SkinnyDude(m): 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
yuzjet: 3. BEING BUSY DOES NOT MEAN BEING
PRODUCTIVE.

Busyness isn’t a virtue, nor is it something to respect. Though we all have seasons of crazy schedules, very few of us have a legitimate need to be busy ALL the time. We simply don’t know how to live within our means,
prioritize properly, and say no when we should. Being busy rarely equates to productivity these days. Just take a quick look around. Busy people outnumber productive people by a wide margin. Busy people are
rushing all over the place, and running late half of the time. They’re heading to work, conferences, meetings, social engagements, etc. They barely have enough free
time for family get-togethers and they rarely get enough sleep. Yet, emails are shooting out of their smart phones like machine gun bullets, and their day planners are jammed to the brim with obligations. Their busy schedule gives them an elevated sense of
importance. But it’s all an illusion. They’re like hamsters running on a wheel.

Though being busy can make us feel more alive than anything else for a moment, the sensation is not sustainable long term. We will inevitably, whether tomorrow or on our deathbed, come to wish that we spent less time in the buzz of busyness and more time
actually living a purposeful life.

4. SOME KIND OF FAILURE ALWAYS OCCURS BEFORE SUCCESS.
Most mistakes are unavoidable. Learn to forgive yourself. It’s not a problem to make them. It’s only a problem if you never learn from them. If you’re too afraid of failure, you can’t possibly do what needs to be done to be successful. The solution to this problem is making friends with failure. You want to
know the difference between a master and a beginner?

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried. Behind every great piece of art is a thousand failed attempts to make it, but these attempts are simply never shown to us.

Bottom line: Just because it’s not happening now, doesn’t mean it never will. Sometimes things have to go very wrong before they can be right.
for rememberance

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by DECOtech(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: No 1 is the bomb. Others are nonsense. I hate death! I'm scared of death. Death is my nightmare! I wish I will not die...God you made a mistake when you allowed man to be dying.
Man made the mistake of dis obeying God who in turn allowed man to be dying. Without death you probably would not be existing by now. Death created a place for you on this earth.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Yujin(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nobleval: friend? Your friend not minecry .
Understandable if you are still a teenager but if you are in your mid twenties and still entertain this fear, then you are not ready to face the world.
Friend, death is inevitable and the fear of death makes you avoid taking risks. If you don't take risks how then can you be successful? Without risk how can you discover something new and reap any benefit thereof?
Look here; read books about great men and you will notice one common thing about them. That thing is the banishment of the fear of death.
Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by Ezeanna: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank you, OP, for this post. I actually had to read the post twice; and slowly the second time. I needed to imprint it in my mind.

My best points are about :
1. Accepting apologies that were not given. These words really give someone food for thought.

2. Taking a step in the path that you have chosen and knowing that it is better to be at the last rung of the ladder you wish to climb than at the top of the one you do not.

Thank you, OP. These kind of posts act as moral guides sometimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by segcymoor(m): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Cool!

1 Like

Re: 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon by segcymoor(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
DECOtech: Man made the mistake of dis obeying God who in turn allowed man to be dying. Without death you probably would not be existing by now. Death created a place for you on this earth.
Birth and death are closely together. We are actually afraid of death because we can only see and understand physical things. .....their is more to life than what we can see. As a matter of fact, we don't die but rather steps further to advanced life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My 13 Years Old Has Become Terrible! I Want To Send Her Back To Nigeria / Photo Of Two Grandmas Who Are Identical Twins Goes Viral / I Caught My Wife Selling Her Nude Pictures To Other Men. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.