Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State (5133 Views)

Niger Delta Rep Alone,no Biafra!(see Photo Proof) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Photo Proof: Fake Purporting Picture From Mubi - APC Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by kmariko: 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
hakunamatata1: that's true if the formwork is made of timber. But if its steel, then the 6inches blockwork is d easiest solution to avoid welding too many joints & corners. I think they wld use steel shutters to pour the concrete. Timber can even fail when it comes to mass concreete.

But we are talking of a space ....where there will be no structures. Why provide a structure where there should be non or was there a mistake in the design initially that it has to be corrected....even at that.

1 Like

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by eaglechild: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
hakunamatata1: when completed, the 6 inches blocks will be pulled down, the resulting opening is where pple will be passing. I don't know how to explain again o. Just picture that d bridge has no pillars but long walls instead. With those 6inches block walls broken down to create openings where pple can pass

Who builds flyovers that way in the year 2014?

Must we defend incompetence.

You can see regular rods and hollow blocks only fit to support small homes being used in a structure that is meant to support thousands of tons during traffic jams.

Na so Julius Berger or even Arab contractors dey take build flyover?

Dey go first use mason put block, then use iron benders, put rod, then use other labourers pour concrete, then come break the blocks haba!

4 Likes

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
lakpalakpa:

You guys tell too many shameless lies.

Are you the contractor??

What do you know about construction??

No be only hollow block na bamboo Rochas go take build bridge!!

Lying PDP urchins!!!

grin
Man, are you for real or you're just being stupid, can't you see the pictorial evidence he provided?

3 Likes

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by rozayx5(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
meanwhile in Akwa Ibom grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by atlwireles: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
eaglechild:

Who builds flyovers that way in the year 2014?

Must we defend incompetence.

You can see regular rods and hollow blocks only fit to support small homes being used in a structure that is meant to support thousands of tons during traffic jams.

Na so Julius Berger or even Arab contractors dey take build flyover?

Dey go first use mason put block, then use iron benders, put rod, then use other labourers pour concrete, then come break the blocks haba!

Maybe this is not a flyover.
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
I hope what happened on Apete bridge in Ibadan will not happen at Amakohia in Owerri. All these substandard constructions going on in Imo state,its not good o!
I remember the pedestrian bridge at Ugwu Orji near FSP owerri that was constructed years back during Udenwa's tenure. The bridge was built specifically to help the kids who attend FSP nursery and primary school to avoid them crossing the road. Shocking and to my utter disappointment,major parts of the bridge collapsed within few months after it was commissioned. I don't know if the bridge has been rebuilt. I guessed so.

Rochas should always do routine check on these on going constructions or he tells his works commissioner to do that. Giving out contracts is different while executing the contract is another thing entirely!
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by UnknownT: 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
I passed that route last week 4rm PH to my hometown. When I saw that, I thought maybe he was trying to turn that flyover Ohakim started into another design by using d blocks n Reinforcement bars! He has already turned the flyover to a roundabout nah
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by UnknownT: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
hakunamatata1: the bridge by design is not resting on pillars but fat walls. The 6inches wall is a false wall that wld be broken down later to create space pple can pass after the main fat structural wall has been casted in position where those irons are.
I still believe that that structure is not a bridge. The blocks u said will be pulled down, can u see Reinforcement bars inside them, after casting, if u pull down d bloccks, there won't be any space for pedestrians as u r saying. Me believe he is trying to turn that place to anoda structure in ccontinuation of his beautification of the town
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
UnknownT: I still believe that that structure is not a bridge. The blocks u said will be pulled down, can u see Reinforcement bars inside them, after casting, if u pull down d bloccks, there won't be any space for pedestrians as u r saying. Me believe he is trying to turn that place to anoda structure in ccontinuation of his beautification of the town
. 2 parallel concrete walls will be cast there with the block used in designing the pillars while the middle is filled up with laterite(red soil). That is how the longer sealed part of flyover is built. The pillars support the bridges while the sealed part is used to create the slope towards the bridge filled with laterite.

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
UnknownT: I passed that route last week 4rm PH to my hometown. When I saw that, I thought maybe he was trying to turn that flyover Ohakim started into another design by using d blocks n Reinforcement bars! He has already turned the flyover to a roundabout nah
. The roundabout is part of the design. I think it was 1st created as a palliative to ease traffic while the construction is ongoing. You can see the roundabout at this one in Lagos.

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by hakunamatata1: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
atlwireles:

I'm trying to see your logic here, but you seem to make things more complicated. If the blocks are not a form of support, why use them
I believe the shutters where the concrete will be poured wl b steel boards not wood-prefabricated steel. I suspect there are no siding boards usually. With d 6inches blocks, they don't need boards 4 d sides. Just give d engineers time, u wld soon understand.
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by hushmail: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
wait

Rochas na Engineer?

Leave the messenger and blame the message

come 2015, Rochas has two options:

return to APGA or join PDP

1 Like

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by hakunamatata1: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Abagworo: . 2 parallel concrete walls will be cast there with the block used in designing the pillars while the middle is filled up with laterite(red soil). That is how the longer sealed part of flyover is built. The pillars support the bridges while the sealed part is used to create the slope towards the bridge filled with laterite.
bro, those 6inches blocks are NO structl members. If they were, there wld b a footing 4 it as well as reinforcements in d middle. Did u also observe dat the 6 inches wall has no hollow core?- its width is 12inches wide(two 6 inches blocks layed side by side) meaning nothing is intended to ne in d centre. I still stand by my prev arguement. The engrs know their job. In cast-insitu construction(wch they r employing), they wld get better precision by 1st arranging all d reinforcements in dat manner then later cutting off the unwanted members. It won't be so if they had used prefab constructn methods.
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by filiks(m): 12:34am On Jul 18, 2014
lakpalakpa: How come you people aren't complaining about T.A. Orji and Martins Elechi??

What about Enugu and Anambra?? Are those states now Eldorados??

Shameless lying PDP cankerworms!!

grin

People have lost hope in T. A. and the Abia matter so he is rarely talked about.
As for Elechi, I'll choose a thousand Abakiliki road to the roads in my dear Imo.
Enugu is on another level compared to Imo roads so no comparison at all.

Please separate facts from politics, political parties and emotions.
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by filiks(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Abagworo: . The roundabout is part of the design. I think it was 1st created as a palliative to ease traffic while the construction is ongoing. You can see the roundabout at this one in Lagos.

Thank you for trying to explain it to them.

You know its only here you see a business administrator coming to criticize the work of an engineer that he was not trained for. Its crazy!

Most people think the project was 'Ohakim's' and now 'Rochas' is doing it. Moving around with zero facts and loving it!

1 Like

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by filiks(m): 12:57am On Jul 18, 2014
valicious1: dis man nogo kill us 4 dis state

Oga, those blocks are not going to bearing/carrying any load, the reinforcement inside will. Please contact an engineer to explain that to you.

Although I think your aim was just to bash Rochas. So just continue, I don't like the dude anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by millionaireman: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2014
lakpalakpa:

You guys tell too many shameless lies.

Are you the contractor??

What do you know about construction??

No be only hollow block na bamboo Rochas go take build bridge!!

Lying PDP urchins!!!

grin
But only thing that bends Rochas Okorocha to look back is any outcry from the state capital, even if the outcry was based on a false premise. So the people of the state capital are enjoying their well-known art that gets Okorocha attention. More harzadous working sites that infringe on peoples movement litter all over Orlu in the last two years, does govt of Okoroch care despite all the outcry? .
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by chiefobdk(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
hakunamatata1:
the steel rods is where the 'long' pillar walls are going to be casted. The blocks wld be brocken down after completion to create space between the walls. Pls cut d engineer some slack, even a carpenter won't use that as support 4 a storey building talk less of a flyover

Mr fake engineer after spewing trash. The bridge collapsed. And isn't in use. . This is December 2016.

Learn to shut up
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by BrokenTV: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mr are you trying to tell me that the bridge finally collapsed.
Re: Photo Proof Of One Of The Many Ways Rochas Plans To Murder Us All In Imo State by BrokenTV: 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
BrokenTV:
Mr are you trying to tell me that the bridge finally collapsed.
Abagworo what do you have to say about this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear APC: Abacha And Buhari Stole Up To $ 5 Billion From PTF / The Gains Of Ugwuanyi’s Rural Development Strategy / Former Minister's Estranged Wife With Four Kids, Twerking Around Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.