Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (27208 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Pictures Of Players When They Were Kids / Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Engrdavo: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Three consecutive corner makes one penarity.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Embell: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
When the ball is over the post we shout "high ball" or "ori"
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by bokohalal(m): 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Five minutes Igbo game. Ask Benin boy to tell you the meaning
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by yhemsy62(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
wen dat of #10 happen u hear d rest singing " maa gbe keke lo ao bee sere mo"
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Embell: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
When a fellow player get u injured or make attempt to do so, you shake him. YOU KNOW WHAT THE MEAN. ;DWhen a fellow player get u injured or make attempt to do so, you shake him. YOU KNOW WHAT THE MEAN.

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Emmaville(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
Playing penalty wen d player raises one leg and d keeper raises one leg too. cheesy grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lol especially @ no 10
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
ladyF:

lol a male won't name himself lady on nairaland na.

I rem 4 post, it's terrifying when the ball is now close to ur own post and the oda 3 pple are trying to score u lol #Evils cry
Hardly will a lady know details about 4 post. You are a man.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by D9ty7(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
- The days of first captain second captain. The two captain hits a side of the ball being covered by a neutral man, the captain who hits the side of the valve select players first.
- The best player gets selected even before he came to the field. All they do is for someone to play for him until he comes.
- Kolo beating: When the ball passes through your legs, they chase and beat the hell out of you until you touch the wall or electric pole outside the field. Some boys dey use jazz, one hour into the game, ball never pass between their legs and na dem they beat the unfortunate ones pass.
Then all of us form a merger like APC and seize such a boy from behind, push him to the ground and use our hand to put the ball through his legs, then everyone beats the hell out of him, even the onlookers. Game don end be that, because the stone wey the boy go carry once he stood up, you go fear na.
Good old days.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by just2endowed: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Forgot to ask girls don't play
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
lol... for emmanuel high school ojota.. we go dey famz person wey get ball.. once u see pple wey play pass u lol na keeper sure pass....
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by D9ty7(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Emmaville:
Playing penalty wen d player raises one leg and d keeper raises one leg too. cheesy grin
Na dis kind penalty I dey like pass. Just kick it to d side where the leg is up.
You remember penalty where the kicker uses his backheel?

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by D9ty7(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Embell:
When a fellow player get u injured or make attempt to do so, you shake him. YOU KNOW WHAT THE MEAN. ;DWhen a fellow player get u injured or make attempt to do so, you shake him. YOU KNOW WHAT THE MEAN.
Rough play just start
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by isacolukay(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Una don forget ogiri gba mi la
Where u play the ball to hit a wall at an angle in an attempt to dribble an opponent.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by calmbabadee(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
3 corners = 1 penalty

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by fckmn24seg(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Mine was that I always decide to join any side of the team especially when I came late to the field and selection into set has been made grin

The loosing team raises alarm when they discover....shouting....won ti po ju wa lo grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by isacolukay(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lolaabokoku:
Lol especially @ no 10

Fine gal!
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Yinkwamo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hehehehehe! So true.. However rule 6 only applies to monkey post.. In addition, during monkey post, a penalty is taken without a goalkeeper by backing the post
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by frank442: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
O-j-o

No yellow card

High goal no allow
Advantage for short keeper
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Emmaville(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Wen a star player dribbles u badly and everybody starts laughing at u, den u start forming injured or *i don play finish *

tongue tongue tongue
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by isan(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
The striker must pass to the golkeeper or else the keeper will do own goal
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Horlawale1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Good old days

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by newdeal(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fond memories

More rules:

1. If an adult wants to play and joins team A, team B can pick two people in return.

2. Referee (when present) stays in one place and dishes out decisions as he deems fit.

3. The cross bar depends on the height of the keeper, if his hand cannot touch a shot, then it's over the bar.

4. If the ball's owner kicks it onto a neighbours roof, someone else has to own up and take punishment for him, otherwise game ends.

Today's youngsters don't know what fun the internet is robbing them of

3 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by faray: 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
if your papa return from work & u stil dey on field, den you see your sister shouting your name...its substitution & get ready for disciplinary action frm your papa [ban]

3 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Agimor(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
If a thread of July 17 2014 could make it to the front page almost after a year then you shouldn't give in your struggle to the top.Shalom!
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lol... I am happy my childhood started in the 80s.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by omoyankee3(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
stano2:

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

This made me remember my childhood. I was always the kid with the ball and everybody wanted to be on my good side so i can pick them to play. When i got annoyed (when someone gave me a bad tackle or didn't pass to me etc), game over....unless my best friends calm me down.

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by alotofgrace(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
Back then...in Ibadan..

O..G...O......ojo 1...2..3..

Ogirigbamila dribling style grin grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by richidinho(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
AnointedG:
op u forget to add "obstruction" grin

during my days we no get field so na for street wey dey stay play ball so whenever a car or any serious looking person wants to pass, we would shout obstruction and wait for d person or car to pass b4 we continue...

anytime my elder brother see say dem wan score us, him go pass so dat we go shout obstruction. him fit dey there do like say him dey comot something for him leg or him wan pick something and him no go pass finish until we reposition.

d tin go dey pain our opponents and dem no go fit shout for am or do anything because all of us small and we love our lives... grin

#busted

So u be man
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by frank442: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Off side

O ji eranje

Ojpro

Only hand ball is foul

U can hold ball with ur hand in the box 18 it's only penerity
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
7 corners make 1 penarity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Official: Kurt Zouma Joins West Ham United / Super Eagles Drop Osimhen & Shehu, Invite Four New Players For AFCON / Ibrahim Muhammad Dedicates His Goal Against Argentina To President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.