Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (27233 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Pictures Of Players When They Were Kids / Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by muhyeenisce(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
stano2:
1. The fat kid was
always the
goalkeeper

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

3. Penalties
awarded only if
injured player curses
a lot.

4. The match only
ends when
everyone was tired.

5. No matter how
many goals you
score, the
winner will be
determined by the
last team to
score.

6. No referee and
lines men. You could
run with the ball even
behind the goal
post.

7. If you don't
participate in
repairing the ball
you were given a match
ban

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

9. The guy who's
never picked was to
fetch the ball from the tree
when it got stuck,under the
car or tunnel to play in
the next game.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

11. You were
allowed to change a
goalkeeper in
case of a penalty.

12. the most skillful
player get
automatic
selection.

13.Any shot over the head
of the goalkeeper is high
goal

14.Also if there was too much argument,
we will throw the ball in
the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

*is it the different in your place
without i(1) and i (2) you no fit choose player
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by blakky97(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
no keeper for monkey post
center ball, you must raise ball to verse 100 to determine who go dey center
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Smide(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
the owner of the ball junior sister is always the goal keeper and she selects who stays and is off the team, Remembering the good and happy old days embarassedthe owner of the ball junior sister is always the goal keeper and she selects who stays and is off the team, Remembering the good and happy old days
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by zicoy6k: 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
stchinedu:

LolLol grin grin grin
In fact, this was the major decider of starting of a play. grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Wow!!! Memories cheesy grin wink
Na so oooo. Those days were sweet.First to say "hi 1" starts d selection of players and there were funny stuff like "2 for 1st set and 1 for others". 4 posts, kolo beating, O.J.O., double leather ball,felele,centre/middle man etc. I play wen i be pikin no be small. We thank God for where we are now sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by zicoy6k: 12:26am On Jun 28, 2015
soleexx:
*The owner of the ball feels like a celebrity
*we call does boys that can't play well "short1"
*we use broken blocks to build post
*we measure post with our feet
*we have sets wen playing..could be up to set 5
*when the ball is kick inside d bush we call the most dull boy in our set to pick it
*sometimes we got wound in toe and call it "Shitoe"
*if a guy mistakely kick ball inside someone market all sharp guy pick race
*there was nothing like player position! Defender can score sometimes..strikers even safe goal more than defender

I love my childhood!!!...

Like if you enjoy urs
LOL. If derz a penalty during a monkey post match, d backman will raise one leg and must not put it down until d penalty kick is taken or d penalty taker takes d penalt with his back heel while backing d post.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by MrSpoon: 12:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Do u remember one leg goal keeper? if there is any PENARITY na one leg goal keeper any attempt to drop the second leg is automatically a goal. final.

any person who posses whistle will automatically become REFIRI.

That tym is irreversible.

I could remember how I treated my senior in the school then, I was the tym keeper prefect if they failed to choose me the match cannot last less than 10min. I would go straight to ring the bell.

the day I was chosen I late to ring the bell it almost past one then the principal came out and met students still playing on the field. that day I nearly die for many stroke of cane.

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by bigfrancis21: 1:17am On Jun 28, 2015
stano2:
1. The fat kid was
always the
goalkeeper

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

3. Penalties
awarded only if
injured player curses
a lot.

4. The match only
ends when
everyone was tired.

5. No matter how
many goals you
score, the
winner will be
determined by the
last team to
score.

6. No referee and
lines men. You could
run with the ball even
behind the goal
post.

7. If you don't
participate in
repairing the ball
you were given a match
ban

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

9. The guy who's
never picked was to
car or tunnel to play in
the next game.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

11. You were
allowed to change a
goalkeeper in
case of a penalty.

12. the most skillful
player get
automatic
selection.

goal

the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

Hahaha. That is soo true especially number 1. I was always the keeper because I was the chubby nerdy kid in my neighbourhood. grin grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by austinesteve(m): 1:50am On Jun 28, 2015
so many imposters exposed on this thread!! grin....boys with female acct...them just expose themselves with their comments.....lolz grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by abdulhosni619(m): 5:00am On Jun 28, 2015
What of OC beating, center man,
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ladyF(f): 6:32am On Jun 28, 2015
holamiday:
Awww. I'm sure you have abs.

lol not yet cry but soon sha.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Mbediogu(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
stano2:
1. The fat kid was
always the
goalkeeper

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

3. Penalties
awarded only if
injured player curses
a lot.

4. The match only
ends when
everyone was tired.

5. No matter how
many goals you
score, the
winner will be
determined by the
last team to
score.

6. No referee and
lines men. You could
run with the ball even
behind the goal
post.

7. If you don't
participate in
repairing the ball
you were given a match
ban

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

9. The guy who's
never picked was to
car or tunnel to play in
the next game.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

11. You were
allowed to change a
goalkeeper in
case of a penalty.

12. the most skillful
player get
automatic
selection.

goal

the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

There was no question of eleven players. Each side could have up to 20 players. There. was what we called Police game. There was also Toronto game. The only foul game had to do with kicking the ball and hanging ur leg in the air..it was called CHEST PAIN.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Pauloot(m): 7:03am On Jun 28, 2015
waaoooh! nice piece bro... We shouldn't forget dis also, 'Penarity' instead of 'penalty. lol I got d pronunciation right after I left secondary school. #life
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Olarewajub:
What of "who the ball touch last" and four post.
we run out of d compoud to quickly claim a post..." my post here"
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by mkoabiola: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2015
I alwys own d ball
I choose d players 1st and choose who to play.
Good old days
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2015
Days of "felele" rubber ball and health football .... You go fear the sound for wall ... I don old o cry. Covering the ball valve with your thumbs to choose side.... God why the invention of play station !!!!
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2015
austinesteve:
so many imposters exposed on this thread!! grin....boys with female acct...them just expose themselves with their comments.....lolz grin grin grin
@ ladyF comment about playing for real madrid
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Austinio: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2015
If d ball d come ur way and you one come play shot but you miss d ball, you go hear people d shout d call you JB and smbody go come pick stick and two stone with d stick in bw come show you ur p and ur 2 egg.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by brilliant5(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
if u burst d ball u pay. lol.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by princeogbeide1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
am just remembering the days I used to play football" xo interesting moments. I could also remember that we have there local names of football which are;
-Kpako ball (made up of plastic)
-Bladder (made up of laced rubber) and
-Skin/fifa (the foreign skin ball)

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ladyF(f): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
JideJamez:
Days of "felele" rubber ball and health football .... You go fear the sound for wall ... I don old o cry. Covering the ball valve with your thumbs to choose side.... God why the invention of play station !!!!

hahaha did u use ur mouth to blow the 'felele' ball when the ball don 'less'. Those ball pumps were luxury then... grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by samuelezekiel(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
AnointedG:
op u forget to add "obstruction" grin

during my days we no get field so na for street wey dey stay play ball so whenever a car or any serious looking person wants to pass, we would shout obstruction and wait for d person or car to pass b4 we continue...

anytime my elder brother see say dem wan score us, him go pass so dat we go shout obstruction. him fit dey there do like say him dey comot something for him leg or him wan pick something and him no go pass finish until we reposition.

d tin go dey pain our opponents and dem no go fit shout for am or do anything because all of us small and we love our lives... grin

...and ur status says (f)...u dey play ball with boys ni...or ur elder brother dey play ball with girls nim...BURSTED
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by paulibling(m): 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
AnointedG:

during my days we no get field so na for street wey dey stay play ball so whenever a car or any serious looking person wants to pass, we would shout obstruction and wait for d person or car to pass b4 we continue...

anytime my elder brother see say dem wan score us, him go pass so dat we go shout obstruction. him fit dey there do like say him dey comot something for him leg or him wan pick something and him no go pass finish until we reposition.

d tin go dey pain our opponents and dem no go fit shout for am or do anything because all of us small and we love our lives... grin

God don catch you today. You put say you be geh but football don commot you.
This na bloody long pipped male.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by holiboy: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
If we won choose we go do First captain and second captain and another way is to do first goli and second goli
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Emmaville(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Abeg who play bladder here? (health)

My leg no dey fit carry bladder dat time, na fellelle tins. Til I com grow small.

Lolz
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by soleexx(m): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
zicoy6k:
LOL. If derz a penalty during a monkey post match, d backman will raise one leg and must not put it down until d penalty kick is taken or d penalty taker takes d penalt with his back heel while backing d post.

Ya bro
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ogemdiicyprian2(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Who played mbolo?.. I enjoyed playing this game .

While playing one touch and you and your opponent hits the ball together, is called IKPUTU.

Aka na Ala out
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Embell: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
D9ty7:
Rough play just start
Na so rough and rugged play go start o
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by khattab02: 6:39am On Jul 01, 2015
kenonze:
Una dey learn where our own kids football craziness dey.

1: the owner of the ball is either a spoilt child or son of rich man.
2: we can do anything not to annoy the owner of the ball. E.g help him out in his domestic work.
3 : if u are not sure that u will be selected, u will quickly say " I will keep" Lol
4: if u get injured and comes back home, u are finished.
lol..... This ya number 4 got me cracking!

If the number 4 happens to you and you comes back home, don't cry or shout when they are pressing it with hot water ELSE...............

boys suffer ooooo...

grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by khattab02: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2015
Wait ooo... I commented on this thread last year na and now can't find my post then. Or was it after then Nairaland crashed?

* if you don't contribute to the buying of the ball, you will hardly get picked except you are very skillful.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by fckmn24seg(m): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2015
AnointedG:

This na woman
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
2. The owner of the ball decides who plays.
10. When the owner of the ball gets annoyed, game over.
LOL, that 2 and 10 tho.. I so do am ehnnn!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World / Ibrahim Muhammad Dedicates His Goal Against Argentina To President Tinubu / Super Falcons Of Nigeria Wins 2018 AWCON After Defeating South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.