Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa (1132 Views)

Troops’ Rout Boko Haram RPG Factory, Slay Terrorists In Damboa [PHOTOS] / Boko Haram: Many Feared Killed, Houses Burnt Down In Yobe / Over 110 Boko Haram Terrorists killed in Damboa, Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by makzeze: 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Many people are feared dead after suspected Boko Haram Islamist gunmen attacked the town of Damboa in north-eastern Nigeria.

Eyewitnesses have told the BBC that half the town was burnt down, including the main market.

One resident said the attack was launched on Thursday night and lasted until the early hours.

Boko Haram's violent campaign to establish an Islamic state has killed thousands of people in recent years.

Damboa, 85km (53 miles) from the Borno state capital Maiduguri, is now said to be deserted as many people have fled to neighbouring towns.

Boko Haram attacked the barracks in the town two weeks ago, killing several soldiers.

Nigeria's defence ministry said the military had repelled that attack and killed at least 50 insurgents.

But residents say that since then the town has been defended by vigilante groups.

Source:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28374679
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Osama10(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
What are people still doing in those places?

Your life is worth more than any property or asset.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Osama10: What are people still doing in those places?

Your life is worth more than any property or asset.

Yeye man, i have been trying to reach you via the phone
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Osama10(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:
Yeye man, i have been trying to reach you via the phone

I dey work now. cool

I dey wait make you relocate come naija oh and me to canada. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmm.. Imagine a nigeria without the north.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Osama10:

I dey work now. cool

I dey wait make you relocate come naija oh and me to canada. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My wife said nope . . . so for now, i will hang in here and you come and join me, Canada is huge enough for me and you to co-reside grin
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by donphilopus: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

My wife said nope . . . so for now, i will hang in here and you come and join me, Canada is huge enough for me and you to co-reside grin

Hope, you're taking Musiwa along over there sha?! Pls, encourage him to take his medication seriously!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Hop, you're taking Musiwa along over there sha?! Tell him to take his medication seriously sha!

I have no idea who that is, Sir
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by donphilopus: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I have no idea who that is, Sir

Is it possible for a Nairalander based in Canada not to know Musiwa (the self-acclaimed President of Western Nigeria)?!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Is it possible for a Nairalander based in Canada not to know Musiwa (the self-acclaimed President of Western Nigeria)?!

You mean every Nigerian in Canada has to know MUSIWA? sorry to disappoint you, Sir . . . I have no idea who that is BUT wont mind if you could tell me
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Osama10(m): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Fear fear man. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Osama10:

Fear fear man. grin grin grin

No be me dey fear oh, na my wife shocked
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Osama10(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:
No be me dey fear oh, na my wife shocked

I hear. cheesy
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Osama10:

I hear. cheesy

Lol , , , No tell my wife oh cheesy
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by donphilopus: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

You mean every Nigerian in Canada has to know MUSIWA? sorry to disappoint you, Sir . . . I have no idea who that is BUT wont mind if you could tell me

No, I never meant every Nigerian, but every Nairalander in Canada.

You may follow this link to know him more:

www.nairaland.com/musiwa92/ or www.nairaland.com/manck/ . You may know him more as time goes on because he has so many Nairaland accounts.

He's an “Electricity” Engineering Graduate of Unilorin. Maybe you're a new member here, or rather new to this section; I don't know though!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by Fhemmmy: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
donphilopus:

No, I never meant every Nigerian, but every Nairalander in Canada.

You may follow this link to know him more:

www.nairaland.com/musiwa92/ or www.nairaland.com/manck/ . You may know him more as time goes on because he has so many Nairaland accounts.

He's an “Electricity” Engineering Graduate of Unilorin. Maybe you're a new member here, or rather new to this section; I don't know though!

Lol . . . I will check it out, but on NL, you will mostly see me on Auto, Tech Market, Property, Agric and business sections so no get time to know people that much.... but i will find time to look into this one, thanks

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by donphilopus: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . I will check it out, but on NL, you will mostly see me on Auto, Tech Market, Property, Agric and business sections so no get time to know people that much.... but i will find time to look into this one, thanks

Cheers!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram- 'many Dead' In Damboa by engrflames: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Govt Job With Average Salary VERSUS Private Organization Job With Fat Salary. / NGR Army Begins Airstrike On Bama / Reps Approved N4,000 Call Up Letter For NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.