Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . (4636 Views)

Good Manners In Islam: Illuminating The Non-muslims / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Weah96: 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin: ^^your opinion. That doesn't change the fact. Google is there. Do the research!

I have, thank you very much. It is incumbent upon you to post your own link.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by GooseBaba: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
RikoduoSennin: .
I am making things up? Not really, you are the one doing so. Not everyone will die to experience the New world where man will live more than 1000 years. ( Rev 7:14, Prov 2:21).

Man have been able to live much longer than now. Methuselah lived 969 years etc[b], Having faith base on this evidence is not far fetched mostly as man will be made perfect one again.[/b]

It is a fact that life expectancy in the past was very high and has been on the decline over man's existence. How often do you see or hear obituary of people aged 100+ unlike in the past.

If you believe in Science, then you know that the human body as a whole was designed to last forever but for some reason, it doesn't last. Eg the under used Human brain and unexplain reason why cells which normally replicate themselves stop doing so resulting in ageing, sickness and death.

Why do our body cells stop replicating and repairing it cells? Reasonable answer please!

Smh..... The highlighted part seals the deal. The foundation of your arguments thrives on fables and personal convictions. That in itself takes away reasonable replies.... Your evidence is Jewish folklore.. shocked shocked for crying out loud..!

Sorry dude, nothing dey happen here. undecided

3 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Kay17: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
But the Christians should try to understand the atheists here. Apart from the afterlife promises which aren't really guaranteed, what are the benefits of being a Christian on earth? Essentially God is a father figure that affords Christians a protection from the pains and sufferings of life. He ought to give joy to the Christian world.

But this airline disaster along with other disasters in the world isn't the best sign of protection. Christians were killed in the crash, leaving grieving Christian families. So Christians have to draw the line between the Christians and the unbelievers, because one must ask; is there any difference?!

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by RikoduoSennin(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2014
GooseBaba:

Smh..... The highlighted part seals the deal. The foundation of your arguments thrives on fables and personal convictions. That in itself takes away reasonable replies.... Your evidence is Jewish folklore.. shocked shocked for crying out loud..!

Sorry dude, nothing dey happen here. undecided

And you forgot the part about "BASED ON EVIDENCE", because you only choose to hear what is in agreement with your understand/hear.

Tell me why does Human Cells stop replicating and repair as we age?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by JesusisLord85: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
It used to be that i never questioned the existence of God. Then the doubt started to creep in through observations of daily world wide events, mostly the tragic occurencies like the missile destruction of the Malaysia flight MH 17 over Ukrainian airspace close to the border with Russia.

Evidence is mounting to support the view that it was a mistake by the Pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country . They confused the passenger jet for a military Ukrainian Jet ! The details are still unfolding .

Now, why could God not prevent this gory occurence from happening ? There were 'sinless ' babies on-board . What is the Use of an 'Omniscient & Omnipotent ' God who can not prevent terrible but avoidable accidents like this from happening ? He/She must be a totally unethical , immoral and infact an amoral god if he truly exist s.

My point is to open the eyes of millions once again to the futility of believe in a god who cares for us. Humanity holds the key to its continued existence on this earth.
Randomness and probability to a large extent ,direct the course of our lives.

Ignorance will kill you.
I saw a batch of 30 brand new passports, intact, supposedly pulled out of the burning wreckage. By deception the western powers will incite war.
Secondly, even if it were a russian accident...ehen, so what?
Do not fear the destruction of the body. Fear the Most High who can destroy your soul. Understand THAT.
Did he not watch as Christ was crucified, so that Israel (our people, not the fakes in Jerusalem) ay be brought back into covenant with him. So keep quiet, while he causes the gentiles to destroy themselves, so that WE can once again rise and take our place as the royal priesthood. Understand that brother.

Shalom
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by GooseBaba: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

And you forgot the part about "BASED ON EVIDENCE", because you only choose to hear what is in agreement with your understand/hear.

Kindly reread what you wrote. A human being that allegedly lived up to 969 years in a folklore . That is your evidence.. And you expect me to correlate human cells with delusionary tales...

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
GooseBaba:

Kindly reread what you wrote. A human being that allegedly lived up to 969 years in a folklore . That is your evidence.. And you expect me to correlate human cells with delusionary tales...

You call it folklore, that is why I am asking a Scientific Question needing a Scientific answer from you. Not this running around. Who is asking you to correlate the two? Put the attitude aside, Reason with me- WHAT CAUSES AGEING IN HUMAN? WHY DO HUMAN SUDDENLY STOP REPAIRING AND REPLICATING ITSELF?

Let's reason like intelligent beings, not just arguing who is right or who is wrong, we are all learning.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Ignorance will kill you.
I saw a batch of 30 brand new passports, intact, supposedly pulled out of the burning wreckage. By deception the western powers will incite war.
Do not fear the destruction of the body. Fear the Most High who can destroy your soul. Understand THAT.
Did he not watch as Christ was crucified, so that Israel (our people, not the fakes in Jerusalem) ay be brought back into covenant with him. So keep quiet, while he causes the gentiles to destroy themselves, so that WE can once again rise and take our place as the royal priesthood. Understand that brother.

Shalom
seeing you are still very much caught up in your world of fantasies, i have no word for folks like you who have subjugated reason to fables.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2014

You call it folklore, that is why I am asking a Scientific Question needing a Scientific answer from you. Not this running around. Who is asking you to correlate the two? Put the attitude aside, Reason with me- WHAT CAUSES AGEING IN HUMAN? WHY DO HUMAN SUDDENLY STOP REPAIRING AND REPLICATING ITSELF?

Let's reason like intelligent beings, not just arguing who is right or who is wrong, we are all learning.
This guy, this guy....i dont like asking peoples age on this forum or their educational level or discipline; but you may push me to ask you those now!

Dont you know anything about genetic programming of cellular function which also reflects in their rate of cell divisions and apoptosis( programmed cell death)?

I believe our educational system in Nigeria may need revamping.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
GooseBaba:

*...yes he lived for 969 yrs* buah ah.....ah
.....all from the book of fabulous jewish stories!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
macof:

The Abrahamic God should know better than let tragedy befall his children for no reason.

Afterall he is all loving, holy and pure...I wonder what's happening to this God because the universe doesn't portray should a creator like jehovah or Allah
thank you. you really got my argument!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by GooseBaba: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2014

Guy I have told you, there is nothing to reason here. When last did you see an 800 yr old living human being? If you're not looking to correlate your FACT (Jewish fables)with scientific knowledge on ageing, cell repairing and replicating. Then explain the need for your question.

What's there to learn, when one considers fables as factual evidence..

If we must reason like intelligent human beings then we should know how to separate fables from fact... It's that simple..
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by teeghurl(f): 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Yeah, you keep creating threads upon threads on something you knew that does not exist. Isnt this sensible to you?

Why didnt you go on creating thread asking for the evidence of superman because my younger sister believes that character is her hero, she even wish to be a guy so that she can help the world through super-powers. Afterall my sister believe and you disbelieve in superman. You can as well create a thread and question why he didnt save the malaysian plane crash. Or you can wait till another tragedy surface and create this thread. I dont just know who is sensible between the person that cry in the public when tragedy happens that God do not exist AND the person that belief ignorantly there is someone called God that would save him like superman.

Can you prove that God do not exist? 'God' is just a label which we all know, why would a rational person take concern for a label? Why would someone wake up only when there is a tragedy to shout a label does not exist? Why do you show much concern in something that do not exist? If something do not exist, where did you get 'omni' attributes you attached to it? Are you the one daydreaming or the God you are trying to mock?

Yeah right, the bible you are quick to pick on when God come in play refer to we human as God. Is your own parents, people, friends, mentors and self taking the label of God not existing? Inside the same bible, those that have dominions and authority to rule others are refered to as Gods. Does that mean your political leaders do not exist? Why cant you cry to those Gods for their failure not saving the crash being executed mistakenly by some Gods?

Sometime, I do think atheist are rational than the religion ones are. . . .well I am right and wrong. Some are, some are not. If you can create threads to mock 'non existing label', then you know where you belong.
what exactly is ur point brov? u're neither supporting his write-up nor belief thr's a true God wt ur own write-up

2 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Weah96: 4:47am On Jul 25, 2014
GooseBaba:

Guy I have told you, there is nothing to reason here. When last did you see an 800 yr old living human being?

LOL. I already told them that the bible cannot be rationalized. The bible admits that it contains foolishness. From the perspective of a human being, that is. Coincidentally, humans are the only animals that read it. Btw, an 800 yr old person would beg the government to euthanize him/her.

2 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2014
teeghurl: what exactly is ur point brov? u're neither supporting his write-up nor belief thr's a true God wt ur own write-up

Hey dear

True I dont believe in God. My disbelieve span across every Gods in existence. Moreso, I am careful about 'God', because I know it could be mere label to nature, a cause or something. One thing is, I am against the way the write up often pop up when tragedy surface. He OP does not care about life lost, what he want is point against God. He doesnt lament while science provides for us deadly weapons or Jets that get obsolete with time that have caused the death of hundreds. He didnt shout science is evil when boko haram make bombs. He is biased toward christian God but you cant find him blaming science when Israel hit hamas with deadly strikes.

For someone that have human feelings, did he really so care for the life lost. Did he extend sympathy for those that lost love ones? He just need to read a tragedy news and then create thread accusing God. There was another guy that created a thread shouting God this, God that when malaysian plane went missing. No one blame science, nature or try to find cause for the disappearance. The whole world come together contributing there effort, people from distance send some love. . .but all we got here is blaming God. Could this be the reason why some theist call them fools? Ya we are God, have they blame themselves being God?

That is where I diagree with him

2 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Hey dear

True I dont believe in God. My disbelieve span across every Gods in existence. Moreso, I am careful about 'God', because I know it could be mere label to nature, a cause or something. One thing is, I am against the way the write up often pop up when tragedy surface. He OP does not care about life lost, what he want is point against God. He doesnt lament while science provides for us deadly weapons or Jets that get obsolete with time that have caused the death of hundreds. He didnt shout science is evil when boko haram make bombs. He is biased toward christian God but you cant find him blaming science when Israel hit hamas with deadly strikes.

For someone that have human feelings, did he really so care for the life lost. Did he extend sympathy for those that lost love ones? He just need to read a tragedy news and then create thread accusing God. There was another guy that created a thread shouting God this, God that when malaysian plane went missing. No one blame science, nature or try to find cause for the disappearance. The whole world come together contributing there effort, people from distance send some love. . .but all we got here is blaming God. Could this be the reason why some theist call them fools? Ya we are God, have they blame themselves being God?

That is where I diagree with him
Maybe i need to read you more . I thought you believe in god/gods(whatever!). I thought you are just against the ' imported' gods.

Also, let me tell you this. If you have ever read me well at all , you should know that it is my deep feeling of affection for fellow men that first brought my doubts about God. If i happen to talk more about the Christian god that may be because of the fact that i was a christian ( No other God beside jehovah.lol.)

How can i question science which is not a person but an objective process?

I have cancelled god in my heart and whatever failings i see around me are only the random occurences of Nature or human actions which i hope to be a part of such that the good of as many people as possible within the society are served.

I believe in continual discussions among people in making individuals see things from each others perspective. I dont easily call a person a fool; i may not see things like he sees them for a time.

I talk more about tragedies because i feel so strongly for the victims and if truly there is a GOD like the religions preach he/she should feel more for them than this mere me and thus be able to prevent these unspeakable tragedies!

2 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Maybe i need to read you more . I thought you believe in god/gods(whatever!). I thought you are just against the ' imported' gods.

I am a spiritual atheist. I tend to know about what God is.

Ghostofsparta is an atheist. He define is as Aborisha'theist (I have defined Orisha or Aborisha on many threads). He tends to believe in God.

Oduduwaboy: Also, let me tell you this. If you have ever read me well at all , you should know that it is my deep feeling of affection for fellow men that first brought my doubts about God. If i happen to talk more about the Christian god that may be because of the fact that i was a christian ( No other God beside jehovah.lol.)

Like Muskeeto would say in his days. . . .disbelieve in God should span beyond christian God.

I understand you though but there are more to the word than christian conception.

Also, beejay tried to explain some mystic essence in christian bible. It make a lot of senses which I cant disagree with. I have found lot too myself that make sense. I dont disbelieve because the perspect aint clear.

Oduduwaboy: How can i question science which is not a person but an objective process?

The same way you can question God which is a label.

Oduduwaboy: I have cancelled god in my heart and whatever failings i see around me are only the random occurences of Nature or human actions which i hope to be a part of such that the good of as many people as possible within the society are served.

Nature, the people around and yourself are Gods.

Beat that . . . God is still in your earth.

You acclaim you have Nature, people and yourself in your heart. These listed entities you have in mind are Gods.

Oduduwaboy: I believe in continual discussions among people in making individuals see things from each others perspective. I dont easily call a person a fool; i may not see things like he sees them for a time.

Sorry for that word. I didnt mean to say it. Was just quoting theist.

Oduduwaboy: I talk more about tragedies because i feel so strongly for the victims and if truly there is a GOD like the religions preach he/she should feel more for them than this mere me and thus be able to prevent these unspeakable tragedies!

Samething goes for nature which you have in heart.

It is a lovely nature when you can be nourished. Everyone cherish the beautiful greens, water bodies and spots. We all feel good inhaling natural air, going to beach, take a look at beautiful spots. Little children, adults and old felas yern for holidays because they want to fill the touching heart of nature. And ya we see adverts and annoucement nationwide from those in tourist business calling to enjoy their holiday in a lovely nature world. They do claim nature is beautiful. That same nature has caused death in billions, diseases in suprising levels, disasters and many other evils.

Do you question Nature who is said to be lovely but turns out to be bloodsucking beast?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by uzoexcel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 29, 2014
Scyllapatron: one thing about god (if he even exist) is that he doesn't give a fvck, sometimes I think there is no devil, it's just god when he is drunk.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@OP: A plane crash does nothing to support the non-existence of God.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by macof(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Guy how far?
brother I am right where Eledumare put me
been so busy that nairaland is the least thing I want to spend time on
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by macof(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Same reasons why all living organism die.. Same reason why stars die

So shut ur mouth nd stop asking irrelevant questions
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by macof(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Ignorance will kill you.

Shalom

Obadiah And his little puppets...Mad people
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2014
You can not blame God for giving us free will. We are not brutes, we know the right from wrong. What you do with your knowledge of the good and the evil is up to you. God didn't start the crisis going on in Ukraine, so he should not be held responsible for it's outcomes. The Pilot had a choice of taking another route, but instead chose to fly through a no-fly zone. Is it God? Eversince God endowed humans with free-will, our actions or otherwise, determines much of what goes on in this world, not God. However, everyone is responsible for his/her actions and will definitely give account.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Noelle01: 2:57am On Sep 08, 2014
If someone could look at the evils in the world and think it rational to say ther's no God; because of these evils. Then don't you think it's quite rational to look at the good in the world, the intricacy of all of creation, the diversity in all species of living things and then conclude that there really is a God?
Ogbeni, my advice to you is ask God if there's a God. It might seem silly since you don't believe in His existence, but it's nt hard. Do it quite sincerely tho. Cos He is not mocked, neither is He a man who could be pulled out by taunts.
You wouldn't want a siituation whereby a God exists and you deny Him.
Besides, what dyu have to lose?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by macof(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
enigmaotr: You can not blame God for giving us free will. We are not brutes, we know the right from wrong. What you do with your knowledge of the good and the evil is up to you. God didn't start the crisis going on in Ukraine, so he should not be held responsible for it's outcomes. The Pilot had a choice of taking another route, but instead chose to fly through a no-fly zone. Is it God? Eversince God endowed humans with free-will, our actions or otherwise, determines much of what goes on in this world, not God. However, everyone is responsible for his/her actions and will definitely give account.

Oh really? So God just creates and runs away from his responsibility? Such a God
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
my question to atheist
So many things happening around us shows there is a being/supernatural..
Why living in denial...
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
And what is God's responsibility
macof:

Oh really? So God just creates and runs away from his responsibility? Such a God
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
macof:

I don't have time for zombies please just ignore my posts henceforth!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:23am On Sep 09, 2014
macof:

...a 'wonderful' god who allows the Islamic State to cut the neck of little children and refuses to intervene on behalf of its preachers when Boko Haram roasts roasts them alive!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:31am On Sep 09, 2014
enigmaotr:
I don't have time for zombies please just ignore my posts henceforth!
Alrighty...we can understand you dont have time for any deep discourse once it doesnt recognise your ' only-true-god-among-a-million-gods' as the unquestionable one. okay we hear. Maybe you should also stop coming on threads that tend to shake your 'faith'...for in such threads everything is subjected to reason,logic & empiricical evidence!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Alrighty...we can understand you dont have time for any deep discourse once it doesnt recognise your ' only-true-god-among-a-million-gods' as the unquestionable one. okay we hear. Maybe you should also stop coming on threads that tend to shake your 'faith'...for in such threads everything is subjected to reason,logic & empiricical evidence!
I only wish I truly have the time. You claim there's no God and you can't give a reasonable point why we have such an organised universe with complex beings like humans living in it! Saying everything just happen by chance, is not only unreasonable, but also illogical. Please deal with that! Science itself is grounded in spirituality. Nothing can shake my faith! If at all, not a belief in God! I've known too much about spirituality than start believing there's no God! THAT WILL NEVER BE POSSIBLE!!! Let those who can waste their time with people like you, do so. As for me, count me out.
I'd rather keep on reading your foolishness as your try and try to prove to no avail why there can't be any God!
I had no problem knowing if there's any God or not, the only problem I had is if I was serving the true God.
Now, are you a Yoruba boy as your name implies? Please an answer!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by macof(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
mrceo63: my question to atheist
So many things happening around us shows there is a being/supernatural..
Why living in denial...

What do you know about Ifa?? And any other ancient spirituality??

If you understand what spirituality is all about you would know that your skydaddy is merely a fable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Practical Ways For A Christian And Others To Get In Shape. / Where Did Sin Originate? / Do Atheists/humanists Have No Morals, Mr Anony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.