Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . (4626 Views)

Good Manners In Islam: Illuminating The Non-muslims / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
It used to be that i never questioned the existence of God. Then the doubt started to creep in through observations of daily world wide events, mostly the tragic occurencies like the missile destruction of the Malaysia flight MH 17 over Ukrainian airspace close to the border with Russia.

Evidence is mounting to support the view that it was a mistake by the Pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country . They confused the passenger jet for a military Ukrainian Jet ! The details are still unfolding .

Now, why could God not prevent this gory occurence from happening ? There were 'sinless ' babies on-board . What is the Use of an 'Omniscient & Omnipotent ' God who can not prevent terrible but avoidable accidents like this from happening ? He/She must be a totally unethical , immoral and infact an amoral god if he truly exist s.

My point is to open the eyes of millions once again to the futility of believe in a god who cares for us. Humanity holds the key to its continued existence on this earth.
Randomness and probability to a large extent ,direct the course of our lives.

8 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
one thing about god (if he even exist) is that he doesn't give a fvck, sometimes I think there is no devil, it's just god when he is drunk.

8 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
I hope I wasn't hasty in commending one of your submissions yesterday as the handiwork of a highly cerebral being judging from the innuendo this post is perceived to whip-up .

In whatever situation we find ourselves, God is still supreme and our ways are definitely not HIS.

2 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Mimisboygreat: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
I wonder when some people will minimize the rate at which they smoke dry shi.t and mango leaf. Nawa o! Contimue in ur delusions until you know God is not ya mate.
God cannot be mocked, a man reaps what he sows.

3 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
You are just suffering from cerabral ogungocoitis,because plane crash their is no God
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by larrymoore(m): 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
God is able!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by timmy2409(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
larrymoore: God is able!

I'll leave you with Epicurus:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

6 Likes

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
I still cant find how God comes in here. Are you counting for a tragedy to surface so that you can mock 'God'?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Weah96: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mimisboygreat: I wonder when some people will minimize the rate at which they smoke dry shi.t and mango leaf. Nawa o! Contimue in ur delusions until you know God is not ya mate.

You're too far gone into the Matrix.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by efficiencie(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
It used to be that i never questioned the existence of God. Then the doubt started to creep in through observations of daily world wide events, mostly the tragic occurencies like the missile destruction of the Malaysia flight MH 17 over Ukrainian airspace close to the border with Russia.

Evidence is mounting to support the view that it was a mistake by the Pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country . They confused the passenger jet for a military Ukrainian Jet ! The details are still unfolding .

Now, why could God not prevent this gory occurence from happening ? There were 'sinless ' babies on-board . What is the Use of an 'Omniscient & Omnipotent ' God who can not prevent terrible but avoidable accidents like this from happening ? He/She must be a totally unethical , immoral and infact an amoral god if he truly exist s.

My point is to open the eyes of millions once again to the futility of believe in a god who cares for us. Humanity holds the key to its continued existence on this earth.

Randomness? Funny!!! If randomness justifies the missing craft, then randomness would also explain the Boko Haram insurgency and the mindless murder committed by them, randomness would also explain prostitution and robbery, randomness would also explain cult clashes and ritualistic savagery, randomness would explain your birth sir and ofcourse your future after death would also be explained by randomness...REALLY!!! cheesy
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by efficiencie(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
timmy2409:

all this while you all fail to recognize the nature of God (the Christian God), the gamut of spiritual laws and the existence of the epitome of malevolence, satan...I SUGGEST EPICURUS AS WELL AS YOU SHOULD READ THE WHOLE BOOK OF JOB AND LEARN!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by efficiencie(m): 11:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
FOLYKAZE: I still cant find how God comes in here. Are you counting for a tragedy to surface so that you can mock 'God'?

...that's the atheist style...they hate a world of harmony and peace just so they can justify their stance...
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by efficiencie(m): 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Scyllapatron: one thing about god (if he even exist) is that he doesn't give a fvck, sometimes I think there is no devil, it's just god when he is drunk.

you are strange and extremely dangerous sir...if you can say this about an entity whose existence or inexistence you can't refute or corroborate then you'd say anything about anyone with little or no restraint!

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Mimisboygreat: 1:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Weah96:

You're too far gone into the Matrix.
comon si nko nko! Swerve jare!
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by baby124: 1:27am On Jul 19, 2014
OP,
There is God. I am a living witness to God's grace. I feel humans have the wrong perception of God and the religion's these days are not helping. Most of these disasters that are happening are a consequence of human folly. We have lost the ability to solve problems like the higher beings we are. Rather we resort to violence, oppression and force. We do it however we can.

Through religion and whatever manipulative way we can. When the repercussions come, we blame God. I won't blame God for going on a holiday on our wahala. Human being issues are too much. Am sure God did not even bargain that we will be this bad. Haba. It's humans like you and I who built machines that can take not only 300 people but billions in one shot. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what we are capable of.

We all need to go back to God and ask for mercy. Forget fanaticism and other greedy mediums like church, mosque and the other lunatics who run those establishments. Those religious leaders are chiefly responsible for most of our woes.

Am sure devil sef is trembling if he knows the date the world will come to an end, and if hell exists. Because we humans will deal with him.

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2014
baby124: OP,
There is God. I am a living witness to God's grace. I feel humans have the wrong perception of God and the religion's these days are not helping. Most of these disasters that are happening are a consequence of human folly. We have lost the ability to solve problems like the higher beings we are. Rather we resort to violence, oppression and force. We do it however we can.

Through religion and whatever manipulative way we can. When the repercussions come, we blame God. I won't blame God for going on a holiday on our wahala. Human being issues are too much. Am sure God did not even bargain that we will be this bad. Haba. It's humans like you and I who built machines that can take not only 300 people but billions in one shot. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what we are capable of.

We all need to go back to God and ask for mercy. Forget fanaticism and other greedy mediums like church, mosque and the other lunatics who run those establishments. Those religious leaders are chiefly responsible for most of our woes.

Am sure devil sef is trembling if he knows the date the world will come to an end, and if hell exists. Because we humans will deal with him.
Lmao. And that is your best argument for the indifference of (a nonexistent) 'God'? Anyway, you get a pass because you're a woman. You get to make incoherent excuses for alpha andromeda. grin
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2014
Mimisboygreat: I wonder when some people will minimize the rate at which they smoke dry shi.t and mango leaf. Nawa o! Contimue in ur delusions until you know God is not ya mate.

Very funny !
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Emusan(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Evidence is mounting to support the view that it was a mistake by the Pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country . They confused the passenger jet for a military Ukrainian Jet ! The details are still unfolding.

@Underlined statement,
do you still believe despite the advancement in technology that an aircraft with over 200 passengers can be mistaken for military craft?

What is the size of military craft and that of commercial craft?

Now this deliberate act for SELFISH INTEREST and gain of POLITICAL power, all you can do is to blame God.

Now, why could God not prevent this gory occurence from happening?

Why man in the first place ALWAYS DESIRE TO DO EVIL?

There were 'sinless ' babies on-board . What is the Use of an 'Omniscient & Omnipotent ' God

How do you even know some can sin or sinles
Couldn't the SELFISH man use his only power of intelligence to reason that sinless & innocent soul are the one in air?

who can not prevent terrible but avoidable accidents like this from happening ?

You also agreed that it's an accident, can also agree with me that it's a deliberate act?

He/She must be a totally unethical , immoral and infact an amoral god if he truly exists.

A being who carried out this deliberate act must be a selfish, cruel, having no conscience and value for human life.

My point is to open the eyes of millions once again to the futility of believe in a god who cares for us.

Have you opened your own eyes before open someone else?

Humanity holds the key to its continued existence on this earth.

With this your statement, we can infer that man can continue to be SELFISH, an act that can cause lost of millions souls and properties.

Have ever even looked at a situation like this and asked yourself, why man by nature so selfish?

Maybe your Atheistic life couldn't allow you to reason that way rather than using it as an avenue to criticized God more.

Then why blaming God for what man chooses to do out of his own choice?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

Randomness? Funny!!! If randomness justifies the missing craft, then randomness would also explain the Boko Haram insurgency and the mindless murder committed by them, randomness would also explain prostitution and robbery, randomness would also explain cult clashes and ritualistic savagery, randomness would explain your birth sir and ofcourse your future after death would also be explained by randomness...REALLY!!! cheesy
Are you surprised that Randomness & probability determine a lot of events in this world ? Those people on-board Flight MH 17 were just unlucky ! If the guy that authorised the 'hit' had only cross checked ....we will not be talking about this subject today . They committed no sins that have not be committed before , so why did they deserve this annihilation ?My only respite is the knowledge that they would have felt no pain before passing into the ETERNITY OF NOTHINESS .
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Emusan:

@Underlined statement,
do you still believe despite the advancement in technology that an aircraft with over 200 passengers can be mistaken for military craft?

What is the size of military craft and that of commercial craft?

Now this deliberate act for SELFISH INTEREST and gain of POLITICAL power, all you can do is to blame God.

Why man in the first place ALWAYS DESIRE TO DO EVIL?

How do you even know some can sin or sinles
Couldn't the SELFISH man use his only power of intelligence to reason that sinless & innocent soul are the one in air?

You also agreed that it's an accident, can also agree with me that it's a deliberate act?

A being who carried out this deliberate act must be a selfish, cruel, having no conscience and value for human life.

Have you opened your own eyes before open someone else?

With this your statement, we can infer that man can continue to be SELFISH, an act that can cause lost of millions souls and properties.

Have ever even looked at a situation like this and asked yourself, why man by nature so selfish?

Maybe your Atheistic life couldn't allow you to reason that way rather than using it as an avenue to criticized God more.

Then why blaming God for what man chooses to do out of his own choice?

Most likely you are a pastor .
Thank you for the detailed response .
I do not know your own idea of God ; but what i was thought from infancy was that we have an ALMIGHTY , omniscient ,omnipotent & omnipresent God who decides ALL affairs of the ' children of men'.
I therefore do not understand how this God can stand aside while the Devil ( another imaginary being ) & his agents wrecks havoc on His handiwork who are ' beautifully and wonderfully made '.

I actually wish there is God but evidences from daily events prove to me time and time again that God is no more than wishful thinking .
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

...that's the atheist style...they hate a world of harmony and peace just so they can justify their stance...
Atheists are the most peace-loving people you will ever find . Religion has been responsible for the most repugnant aspects of human civilisation . Case in point , the on-going Hamas-Israel fracas ...all because of Allah & Yahweh!
Religion has played a laudable role in human civilisation anyway ; however, its hightime it got thrown into the dustbin of history .

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2014
Scyllapatron: one thing about god (if he even exist) is that he doesn't give a fvck, sometimes I think there is no devil, it's just god when he is drunk.

lol....just imagine the actions of a drunk god !

1 Like

Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2014
matify:
I hope I wasn't hasty in commending one of your submissions yesterday as the handiwork of a highly cerebral being judging from the innuendo this post is perceived to whip-up .

In whatever situation we find ourselves, God is still supreme and our ways are definitely not HIS.
do you now hate me?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2014
I actually smoke 'igbo' along with my Cigar .
But my guy, why not raise some points to refute my assertion ?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Rayhut: You are just suffering from cerabral ogungocoitis,because plane crash their is no God
if you were a doctor , you would have been a very bad one . How do you diagnose without a proper physical examination ?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2014
timmy2409:

I bet you, no Christian ( or religionist ) likes Epicurus. The simple & straight-forward logic of his submission is enough to put any God to eternal death !
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:39am On Jul 19, 2014
FOLYKAZE: I still cant find how God comes in here. Are you counting for a tragedy to surface so that you can mock 'God'?

How can i mock God? this small me. If He truly exists i will actually worship him with all my being . Alas ! he does not exist based on evidence . The tragedies serve to bring into a bold relief the ridiclousness of Faith in a ' non-existent ' God .
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
efficiencie:

all this while you all fail to recognize the nature of God (the Christian God), the gamut of spiritual laws and the existence of the epitome of malevolence, satan...I SUGGEST EPICURUS AS WELL AS YOU SHOULD READ THE WHOLE BOOK OF JOB AND LEARN!
The whole bible has been totally discredited by common-sensical ( scientific ) findings, thus , the believers are enjoined to receive its teachings by Faith . Faith = please suppress your brain , suspend your reasoning , become a retard for a moment .
The Genesis account of creation is bull-shit in the light of present scientific knowledge e.g the earth is not 6,000 years old, the bible says nothing of dinosaurs . So, why should i go and read one its Fables in the book of Job?
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by baby124: 10:59am On Jul 19, 2014
BoboYekini: Lmao. And that is your best argument for the indifference of (a nonexistent) 'God'? Anyway, you get a pass because you're a woman. You get to make incoherent excuses for alpha andromeda. grin
I don't speak sexist gibberish either. So you don't make sense to me
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

How can i mock God? this small me. If He truly exists i will actually worship him with all my being . Alas ! he does not exist based on evidence . The tragedies serve to bring into a bold relief the ridiclousness of Faith in a ' non-existent ' God .

Yeah, you keep creating threads upon threads on something you knew that does not exist. Isnt this sensible to you?

Why didnt you go on creating thread asking for the evidence of superman because my younger sister believes that character is her hero, she even wish to be a guy so that she can help the world through super-powers. Afterall my sister believe and you disbelieve in superman. You can as well create a thread and question why he didnt save the malaysian plane crash. Or you can wait till another tragedy surface and create this thread. I dont just know who is sensible between the person that cry in the public when tragedy happens that God do not exist AND the person that belief ignorantly there is someone called God that would save him like superman.

Can you prove that God do not exist? 'God' is just a label which we all know, why would a rational person take concern for a label? Why would someone wake up only when there is a tragedy to shout a label does not exist? Why do you show much concern in something that do not exist? If something do not exist, where did you get 'omni' attributes you attached to it? Are you the one daydreaming or the God you are trying to mock?

Yeah right, the bible you are quick to pick on when God come in play refer to we human as God. Is your own parents, people, friends, mentors and self taking the label of God not existing? Inside the same bible, those that have dominions and authority to rule others are refered to as Gods. Does that mean your political leaders do not exist? Why cant you cry to those Gods for their failure not saving the crash being executed mistakenly by some Gods?

Sometime, I do think atheist are rational than the religion ones are. . . .well I am right and wrong. Some are, some are not. If you can create threads to mock 'non existing label', then you know where you belong.
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by ElNur1: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2014

Abeg OP nd dis Guy wey I quote, Stp Smokin dry gin ooo..
Ee no Good..

Upon all dis physical Things wey u dey see, u ar still brainwashes abt d non existance of God..

Just 1..

Think abt d female body nd how living things (dat liv both in Water nd land reproduce,) all dis things, Abeg, How Big Bang things produce shit lyk dis..

shebi Big collusion fit perfect d female body ba..
Shebi, u neva taste nd suuucckk Punaniiee juice b4?

NAWAOOO

NA Oyibo cause all dis things

PEACE
Re: FLIGHT MH 17: Another Pointer To The Non-existence Of God . by Emusan(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Most likely you are a pastor.

I'm not a Pastor but a finite being who has experienced supernatural.

Thank you for the detailed response.

You're welcome for being so open-minded to see it.

I do not know your own idea of God;

My first own idea of God isn't different from the way you're viewing it now NOT UNTIL God revealed Himself to me.

My idea of God now is that God is real and everything about Him is true.

but what i was thought from infancy was that we have an ALMIGHTY , omniscient ,omnipotent & omnipresent God who decides ALL affairs of the ' children of men'.

About these attributes of God I will say you're right but ALL affairs of children of men I won't agree with you because SIN (an acronym for Satan's Influence over Nature) has separated man from God.
God has made it known to us that after the incident of Eden Good and Evil have both mixed up BUT there's a tiny machine called CONSCIENCE that can separate these two.

I therefore do not understand how this God can stand aside while the Devil ( another imaginary being ) & his agents wrecks havoc on His handiwork who are ' beautifully and wonderfully made

Me too but I remember in His word He said "For the creature was made subject to vanity NOT WILLINGLY but, by the reason of Him who hath subjected same in HOPE." Rom 8:20

Notice these, NOT WILLINGLY, the bolded & underlined words.

I actually wish there is God but evidences from daily events prove to me time and time again that God is no more than wishful thinking.

Ordinary wishful act can't create God and it will only bring the idea that man created God as Atheist do normally say BUT the fact is that If we should all assume that God truly exists then we should assume also that MAN can't design how this God may be known RATHER it's only Him who can design how MAN will know Him.

I will leave you with this statement from a fellow Nairalander called Younguz "If you have never had supernatural experience you won't believe that supernatural do exist"

I don't think you can do better than me if I had become an Atheist but God helped me even in the sinful life I'm living then by revealing Himself to me.

I am a finite being with a finite mind trying to explain an infinite mind and being of God, so my post is opened to correction but not a bashing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Lie To Save A Life? / Buhari And The Born Again Christian / Can I Ever Win Or Am I Fighting A Lost Battle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.