Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Photos From MBGN 2014 - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photos From MBGN 2014 (29793 Views)

Live Updates From MBGN 2015 / MBGN 2014 Iheoma Nnadi Proves She's Really 19 / You Go Girl! MBGN 2014 Iheoma Nnadi Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Well, at least, my snr coursey still got 2 win mbgn universe
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by bamite(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2014
freshness2020:
I can see ♈όϋ lost Ūя̲̅ way back from Yaba-left!
We don't have anything more to discuss case closed et
Aurevoir!
like i giv a flying fvck abt u
crawl back 2d forest u came frm
capiche
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 19, 2014
Smartsyn: cool..

But please somebody tell me why nobody represented Bornu State..

Could it be that all their beautiful girls were among the missing girls in Sambisa..

. grin
Smartsyn: cool..

But please somebody tell me why nobody represented Bornu State..

Could it be that all their beautiful girls were among the missing girls in Sambisa..

. grin grin grin
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by freshness2020: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2014
bamite: like i giv a flying fvck abt u
crawl back 2d forest u came frm
capiche
Primitive e-diot like ♈όϋ don't have a say.
Last warning!!!!
***stay off my mentions***
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by halfcaste1: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2014
A lot of funny comments. Let's nt confuse fairness for finess. B4 am crucified, am a fair person. I hv sin a dark skinned girl dt is more beautiful dan dis girl and I'd go 4 her 1st b4 dis girl (mayb cos opposite attracts). Naim make bleaching cream don finish 4 market. How I wish d northerners r nt so inhibited. Dey hv very beautiful fulani girls who could win dis competition evry year. Dey r vry natural (natural fairness wit no enhancing cream 2 make dem fairer) wit long flowing hair. Dey r brainy also. D few ones who go 2 sch r actually very brilliant. (Yes, I ws once a teacher). Congrats 2 her though bt in all sincerity, she wdnt b my first choice.

8 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by JuicyGee(f): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2014
Must it be fair girls?
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by spillyboy14: 9:40am On Jul 19, 2014
femmmmi94: [size=14pt][url=gidihub..com/2014/07/10-choices-you-will-regret-in-10-years.html]10 Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years ( MUST READ )[/url][/size]
dude how do you hide your url behind text?

3 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by safarigirl(f): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2014
pazienza:

So, are we now holding the pageant to satisfy the white myopic views that every body in Africa must be black skinned like the kenyan chick nyongo and Agbani?

The white supremecist view is that every one in sub saharan Africa is black in colour, but we know that we have people more light skinned than the spanish/Italians in Africa, African people come in a wide range of skin colour spectrum, from yellow, to white, albinos,brown, etc.

We mustn't fit or restrict ourself to reflect their myopic stereotype of Black Africa.
by giving these things only to light-skinned people we're confirming what the white people have always said:

Black- Ugly
Light- Beautiful

Like someone said, these beauty pageants only serve to expand the market for bleaching cream since young girls will begin to think that once they're light-skinned, people will take notice of them.

The whites are tired of seeing light-skinned people, same way it seems blacks are tired of seeing dark-skinned people. You're not conforming, they know there are light-skinned darks, but just like most blacks are awed by the sight of white people, the whites are also awed by the sight of a pretty dark-skinned person.

6 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by OuchDaddy(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
django1:

A little research will change your mind.

she is Igbo... u are d one who needs to research.. lol

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2014
OuchDaddy:

she is Igbo... u are d one who needs to research.. lol

Who said she wasn't Igbo? Your friend made a fallacious statement that implies that only Igbo win MBGN, I just asked him to make his findings properly before bragging.

Na una know. I don't care if you all think you are the most beautiful dogs on the planet, truth is, ko kan aye.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by brianlerry(m): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Ibo girls rock![/quote]

you can scream that again!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by plainol(m): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2014
hope she can keep herself and not let ogas at d top taste her round
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by drnairalov: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2014
but darkskinned girls was happening?...this is turning to a joke..d last tym i saw a dark skin girl climb dat status was... Agbani Darego...darkskin is still beautiful..i suppose

3 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Decibel: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2014
Never a dull moment With DJ Decibel. *Now playing Don Jazzy: "Dorobucci" for #TeamIheomaNnadi*

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Abiagirl777(f): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
django1:

Are you stwepid? Is there something wrong with the majority of ibos on this forum?

its surprisin even though i'm igbo,ethnic bigotry is killin nairaland gradually by some igbos n yorubas,i'm always put off by de kind of posts i read here.
Congrats to my sis anyway

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by regulated(f): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2014
Akshow: Nice. But she wasnt the prettiest or the brightest. She said her role model is tyra banks....not a very bright ans.

But y are majority of the gals igbo? From kaduna to kano. From imo to osun. From abia to akwaibom and most are not pretty.

Na their fault? Stp hating the Igbo babes, they rock!
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by pazienza(m): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2014
safarigirl: by giving these things only to light-skinned people we're confirming what the white people have always said:

Black- Ugly
Light- Beautiful

Like someone said, these beauty pageants only serve to expand the market for bleaching cream since young girls will begin to think that once they're light-skinned, people will take notice of them.

The whites are tired of seeing light-skinned people, same way it seems blacks are tired of seeing dark-skinned people. You're not conforming, they know there are light-skinned darks, but just like most blacks are awed by the sight of white people, the whites are also awed by the sight of a pretty dark-skinned person.

It's only normal for people to cherish what is not common, that's why gold has more value than stones.

Amongst the white, being pale( too white) is considered not cool, all of them want to darken( tan) their colour a bit.

Same with us here. Fair looking ladies are not as many as their dark goodlooking ones, traditionally( atleast within my part of Igboland), African men had always cherished their yellow ladies,as they are not common, they had always been trophy wives, a thing to show off,especially if they are good looking.

We have always had succession oftblack winners of this pageant in the past, and no one complained, the Miss Anambra that replaced Agbani was black skinned, the last Delta igbo girl that won it was black skinned too,even the Yoruba chick that won in 2006, Abiola Bashorlun is black skinned, i don't see why we should be apologetic to the whites for appreciating the beauty of our light skinned ladies.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by roxell120(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2014
igbos everywhere. Na only we waka come? Stone throwers set ur catapult ooo

1 Like

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2014
I read some comments on this thread and I am crying for some peoples effing ignorance and stupidity. cry

NOTE
1) Not all light skinned Nigerian girls do bleach.

2) So, if a light skinned lady deserves the crown with her combination of beauty and brain, they should give award to a dark skinned ladyl 'cos we are promoting our colour. undecided Pfft!

...and the most annoying thing is tribalist shouting 'Igbo girls are beautiful'.

If the girl is beautiful,"does that mean you're also beautiful(for people who are not tho' grin)"?

Let's call a spade a spade. Mtchew

Another fellow was talking about beautiful fulani girls. Nonsense.

Do you think MBGN and Miss World is all about beauty

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by scribble: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2014
pazienza:

No bleaching cream bro. Girls from defunct Eastern region( Igbo, Akwa ibom,Cross river,Rivers) have a good number of them naturally light skinned.

Iheoma's skin colour looks natural, not denying the fact that some of them bleach.

i know Iheoma's skin is natural. im saying give the beautiful dark skinned babes recognition too before they start bleaching to attract it

1 Like

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by scribble: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2014
FrancisTony: I read some comments on this thread and I am crying for some peoples effing ignorance and stupidity. cry

NOTE
1) Not all light skinned Nigerian girls do bleach.

2) So, if a light skinned lady deserves the crown with her combination of beauty and brain, they should give award to a dark skinned ladyl 'cos we are promoting our colour. undecided Pfft!

...and the most annoying thing is tribalist shouting 'Igbo girls are beautiful'.

If the girl is beautiful,"does that mean you're also beautiful(for people who are not tho' grin)"?

Let's call a spade a spade. Mtchew

Another fellow was talking about beautiful fulani girls. Nonsense.

Do you think MBGN and Miss World is all about beauty

dude we are both Nigerians, MBGN is biased towards light skinned girls. Nigerian men are biased. The whole damn world is biased towards light skinned girls. We need to purposely reverse the thinking. Its the conditioning brought about by colonialism, slavery etc to think beauty is bright.

I agree with some other thing you said though. Quite a witty fellow you are.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Average look. She is not stunning at all.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by myspnigeria: 10:45am On Jul 19, 2014
better pikin... fine girl
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Onyiido: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2014
technophile:

Oh please save ur bluffing till she win the Miss world.
I doubt if she'll get to the sooo called miss world contestant. She's not the most beautiful and I doubt if she is the most briliant of the all.
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by revelationuche: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by outofthebox: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014
igbo girls are beautiful and I think I might end up marrying one. . The only ishh I have with them is they don't have booobi like that
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by freshness2020: 10:59am On Jul 19, 2014
new2020: smiley
new2020, cool moniker!
Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2014
liberty300: Igbo girls winning "most beautiful girl in nigeria" since time immemorial....I hail oo

Does it mean no other tribe can match em in both beauty and brains?

i think it's because the yoruba girls are busy studying to get their degrees and most of the hausa girls have been married off at tender ages.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From MBGN 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 11:08am On Jul 19, 2014
phayvoursky: Another fresh punny for the ogas at the top
who told you the punny is fresh?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele (Jenifa) Makes A Colorful Fashion Statement [PHOTOS] / 11 Things You Need To Throw Away / Fashion Or Madness? Lady Seen Wearing A Jump Suit, Which Covers Part Of Her Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.