Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President (1292 Views)

4 Fact You Never Noticed About APC – Add Yours!! / S-h-o-c-k-i-n-g!!! 5 Strange Fact You Never New About Muhammad Buhari / How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by seemore(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Nigeria will never move forward until an Igbo man becomes the president of this nation. It is a well known fact that Igbo people are the most dispersed tribe in this country. And not just dispersed but doing well in all parts of the country. They develop any area they find themselves in. They excel in business, administration, art, music, academics, build masions and plazas and call all places they live 'home'. Wherever the igbo man is, he doesn't care whether its his hometown or not, his only desire is to excel and leave his footprint there. In my opinion, the Igbo man is the only true Nigerian.
No matter how much money in his bank account, the igbo man must produce something physically so show that he exists and is capable of great things. He wants to be known by his achievements and not just that he has money.
Because of his drive for achievements, his acceptance of the nation as 'one' fertile ground, his innate belief in providing equal opprtunities for all and his determination to stand out among his peers, I believe he is the only person that can save this country. Yes the igbo man likes money, but that is partly because money is the reward for hardwork, a badge of honour showing his achievements and means to achieve his goals.
The igbo man will provide opportunities for all, he will spread development to all parts of the country because his people are everywhere, he will achieve great strides even if its only to make a name for himself and he will focus on improving the economy of the nation. Business will thrive, jobs will be created, everybody will be busy and productive. The whole atmosphere of the nation will change. More and more people will go into businesses, manufacturing and co. He will provide the infrastructure necessary, power and roads and so on because he understands the importance of these to business. Poverty will reduce, laziness will not be tolerated and everybody will be better for it.
What do you think? Please be objective and not blinded by tribal sentiments.
NB: all humans from a tribe cannot be same, the write-up speaks in general terms.

7 Likes

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by odeku457(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2014
i think you have a point there @ OP and i hope all this guys High up can see this and make something happen. Nigeria needs a change and i pray it comes very soon...

God Bless Nigeria!!!

4 Likes

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by seemore(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2014
We need people with the mindset that appreciates progress, detribalised and able to give everyone a shot at making it in life.
Anybody should be able to excel, whether you are from a royal home or not, from a family with a history of government workers or not. If you have ideas, bring it on! That's the igbo style and that's what we need.

3 Likes

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by lekkie073(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
The only direction Nigeria will move with an Igbo president is backwards.......we r better off without it. cool

4 Likes

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Femmyfamous4u(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2014
The issue of Igbo presidency has been overflogged over the years but the igbos themselves have decided to play a second fiddle. In the past years we've had igbos contesting for presidency but the igbos won't support their own. It's time we had an Igbo president BUT who am I to take aspirin for someone else's headache?

2 Likes

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by seemore(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2014
If you are not Igbo, don't feel threatened that Igbo people will take over everything. The igbo man's business is not run on sentiments, if you are not igbo but you have skills and you know your job he will employ you.
He will also bring this attitude to governance which is something we haven't experienced in this country.
Besides if the drive of the Igbo man brings a little healthy competition into the mix, it will only make everybody sit up.

1 Like

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2014
So they will use our money to go and plant cassava abi undecided angrytribalistic iidiiot
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by egift(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2014
OP, Start by telling us one or two Igbo men who is competent and can win a Presidential Election in Nigeria
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by dridowu: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Will Igbo people allow their own to contest ? Only if this question can be answer with all sincerity. Until Igbo put their house in order before other tribe/parties can take them serious on the issue of Presidency. No matter how much support Igbo give GEJ , i am 99.99% sure he won't hand-over to an Igbo Origin either in 2015/2019. As far that Nigeria still stand as one, it will takes time before Igbo man/woman to be President of Nigeria. How soon ? I don't know
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by dridowu: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2014
Ohaneze Urges Kalu, Other Igbos to Drop
Presidential Ambition
The President General of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, Mr.
Gary Nnachi Enwu-Igariwey, Monday said the
organisation had appealed to prominent Igbo
politicians to shelve their ambitions to contest for
president in 2015 by working with body to articulate
the way forward.
Enwu-Igariwey, who spoke to journalists shortly
after holding consultations with the former Governor
of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, at his residence
in Abuja, said the body was consulting with
prominent Igbo leaders and all the critical
stakeholders in the Igbo nation in order to arrive at
a unified approach for the 2015 elections.
“We feel it will be quite strategic if we can speak
with one voice. We no longer want a situation where
we will be speaking with different voices, that was
why we came to rob minds with him as one of those
who has declared his presidential ambition. We
have come to appeal to him to shelve his ambition
in the interest of the Igbo nation,” he said.
Ohaneze Ndi Igbo is made up of a collection of Igbo
elders, leaders and those in top government
positions, who constitute the inner caucus of its
decision-making apparatus.
The President General said the reason for asking
Kalu and other notable Igbo sons and daughters to
shelve their intentions was to enable them key into
Ohaneze’s new platform for actualising the dream
in the politics of the country.
The Ohaneze leader, who failed to state whether or
not the move was meant to give President Goodluck
Jonathan a chance, said the apex Igbo cultural body
would soon meet to analyse the political situation
before making public its position and interests on
the 2015 presidency.
Enwu-Igariwey, also expressed dismay at the
statement credited to the Northern Elders’ Forum
(NEF), where it threatened to take the former Chief
of Army Staff, General Azubuike Ihejirika, to the
International Criminal Court (ICC).
According to him, the least that is expected from
every patriotic citizen is to encourage the military in
their sacrifice and not to disparage them as the
northern elders seem to be doing.
“We object to the threat by NEF to drag the former
Chief of Army Staff, Ihejirika to the world court and
demand that they withdraw that forthwith,” he said.
The President General, who used the opportunity to
state that there are no factions within Ohaneze,
added that it was the only body that had the
authority to speak for the Igbo interest.
Speaking on the proposed national dialogue, Enwu-
Igariwey said some of the suggestions the
organisation put forward to help the national
dialogue was that there should be equal
representation from all the six geo-political zones,
and that each zones should try to nominate
delegates from all the ethic nationalities from the
place.
He said in order to ensure that the national dialogue
had legal backing, the president should send an
executive bill to the National Assembly to enact an
Act to cover it.
Enwu-Igariwey said Ohaneze suggested that
everything about the dialogue, including the
approval of a new constitution through a national
referendum should be concluded before the tenure
of this government so that the incoming government
would apply it.
Kalu, in his remarks, pledged to abide by the
position of the Ohaneze to shelve his presidential
ambition, expressing the hope that the body would
allow Igbo interest to be paramount in their
decisions.
He pledged to meet with Prof. Ben Nwabueze and
other members of the rival Igbo Elders’ Forum (IEF)
on how to form a common front on Igbo agenda.
While commenting on the just released 2015
general election timetable, Kalu said even though he
may no longer take part in the contest, there was
nothing wrong with the schedule of the elections.
He urged politicians not to complain every time INEC
comes up with a timetable, adding that what a
serious politician would do was to campaign and
educate the electorate properly on how to make
informed choices at the polls.
However, Kalu urged INEC to reconsider fixing
elections on Saturdays, saying many Nigerians use
the day to worship God.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ohaneze-urges-kalu-other-igbos-to-drop-presidential-ambition/169929/
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by shikshark: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2014
as in?
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Decibel: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2014
My only interest in this 'One Nigeria Project' is to see my Kinsmen running the Government of the day by PROXY...any other thing is none of my business cool
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Decibel: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2014
My only interest in this 'One Nigeria Project' is to see my Kinsmen running the Government of the day by PROXY...any other thing is none of my business. cool
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by 9jii(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Tupiakwa
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2014
U guys started another party and i wasnt invited.
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bootybuttchic: So they will use our money to go and plant cassava abi undecided angrytribalistic iidiiot
lol...of i touch u hand, for like 1week u wud be regretting y u joined Nairaland...mumu
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by ikeyman00(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
@@@

easy oduduwa; take am easy now

na only thread oo kia

hahhaa

oh well

Biafra we stand; mind u; nothing good will ever come out from this Zoo hell called Nigeria

the set up is bad so bad that u dnt even know that

it like worshiping in the devil den; picture that; ur pastor that buried human head in his church

come on, u got to be real here
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Tales by moon light

Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by seemoha: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
lets try and igbo man,we will never regret the decision.
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by seemoha: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
an igbo man will do better.we have tried hausas,yoruba remember obj,niger deltan militant,it is war and death where ever you go,its time for an igbo man...period.
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by T8ksy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
seemoha: an igbo man will do better.we have tried hausas,yoruba remember obj,niger deltan militant,it is war and death where ever you go,its time for an igbo man...period.

First of all, WHICH ibo man do you hae in mind? As I wouldn't waste my vote on anyone of those phools extantly parading around the SE as the messiah.

Most importantly, WHO is actuslly expected to make an ibo man, president?

Is it the northerners whom we all know hate you ibos even from way back before we attained self-rule and that sentiment is even stronger now than ever before??

Or is it the yorubas whom you lot just love to hate and malign at any given opportunity?

The minorities are not too fond of the ibos either and are therefore always wstchful of your every move.

In any case, ibo votes alone coupled with some minorities' will not suffice in getting one of their kind into aso rock.
Re: FACT: You Want A Better Nigeria?, Make An Igbo Man The President by wirinet(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
The same way Igbo governors are making Igbo states better, igbo chairmen are making igbo local governments better, igbo Ezes are making igbo communities better and igbo ministers are making igbo lives better.

(1) (Reply)

Made in Ethiopia: Chinese manufacturers are now outsourcing to Africa / There Is No Difference Between PDP And APC In Terms Of Character.... - Ribadu / Apga Chairman Chief Victor Umeh Involve In Black Magic And Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.