Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,681 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? (5694 Views)

Biafra's Going To Happen / The Spirit That Kept Biafra Going - Ojukwu (video) / Which Cities Are Nigeria's Most Important Economically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Let's assume the east, is granted Biafra. How do Easterners intend to survive and grow economically, taking into consideration the fact that the Niger-Delta and core oil producing states have not indicated interest or any formal recognition of the east purported struggle for freedom and autonomy.

How's will biafran states survive and can we have a clear definition of the entity "Biafra".

May you grow wiser as you contribute.
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Na wah so IBO guys dont have any concrete plans for Biafra... grin
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by jamace(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
OP, how old are you? Can you recall the inventions of Biafra during the Nigeria civil war? Incase you are too young to understand, be enlightened that every part of Nigeria is viable and can survive on its own. Remember that, "Necesity is the mother of invention".

21 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
jamace: OP, how old are you? Can you recall the inventions of Biafra during the Nigeria civil war? Incase you are too young to understand, be enlightened that every part of Nigeria is viable and can survive on its own. Remember that, "Necesity is the mother of invention".

Yes, my brother the question is how do you intend to survive. A guy on the kano thread says you have oil and factories , I argue that you don't have a market for these goods and others can easily buy from Ghana or India or china. So how will you survive without the Niger-delta ... Could the east also be full of parasites just like the north .... Could you be after all wolf in sheeps clothing.

3 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by jamace(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

Yes, my brother the question is how do you intend to survive. A guy on the kano thread says you have oil and factories , I argue that you don't have a market for these goods and others can easily buy from Ghana or India or china. So how will you survive without the Niger-delta ... Could the east also be full of parasites just like the north .... Could you be after all wolf in sheeps clothing.

Is oil the only resource that generates revenue for a country? Igbo people are too industrious to be handicapped by oil. By the way, how are the countries without oil surviving?

15 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
jamace: Is oil the only resource that generates revenue for a country? Igbo people are too industrious to be handicapped by oil. By the way, how are the countries without oil surviving?

But you do have oil ! grin
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by EmeeNaka: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay: Let's assume the east, is granted Biafra. How do Easterners intend to survive and grow economically, taking into consideration the fact that the Niger-Delta and core oil producing states have not indicated interest or any formal recognition of the east purported struggle for freedom and autonomy.

How's will biafran states survive and can we have a clear definition of the entity "Biafra".

May you grow wiser as you contribute.
My friend,note that i do not support division of Nigeria but if for any reason Biafra is granted independence,bear it in mind that the whole eastern region+part of Mid-west will be part of Biafra. It is non-negotiable. So,you can see that our survival can not be questioned.

12 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by ikeyman00(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
@@@

to all the oduduwa that come in to run their tiger claw faces in nl; let me tell yall Biafra is as old as it get taking it back to centuries ago; there u go; older than oduduwa makers not to mention;

The fear of Biafra is real; shaking up these haterz in their yeye sleep; hahha liike that; we are here and we aint going anywhere till we take our people back to the real God chukwu abima so we could glorify its name on the earth for ever while u silly tiger faces worry till thy kingdom come if yall will live to see the sun shine in East

hhahha; we are getting stronger by the day cuz we know Biafra is the only solution to all problem; a place we roll out car production like the Germans; a place where there is nt pure water and sshit hha ;a place where there is rule of law; no idol worship propaganda and sshit haha; no osu; no Yoruba ashebe contamination; of course; better dayz ndi igbo better dayz ;

Biafra need to stand up! hey u there;come on, what u waiting for; pledge your support my people

we are here!

10 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
EmeeNaka: My friend,note that i do not support division of Nigeria but if for any reason Biafra is granted independence,bear it in mind that the whole eastern region+part of Mid-west will be part of Biafra. It is non-negotiable. So,you can see that our survival can not be questioned.

Do u have any facts to support this statement ?
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by ikeyman00(m): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
and ^^^ why does it bother you

so u are telling us as a Yoruba man u have no trust in the oduduwa making

hahhah

una never see anything yet!

soon those tiger claws will stretch to places HATER

12 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by jamace(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by collynzo2(m): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Yoruba man, why don't you bother about how you guys are going to survive?

9 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by EmeeNaka: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

Do u have any facts to support this statement ?
what facts?
Friend,Biafra is not the same as Igbo nation.Biafra is name for an entity formerly known as and called Eastern Region but today you can equally see Biafra flag flying in many corners of Delta state especially in Asaba and it is a show of support to Biafran cause. So,i think thats a bit of a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
The same Biafra that will not survive gave Nigeria her first indeginous car, Yoruba people are too stupid in this world

haba.

21 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Justcash(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bia OP, wait till we get the Biafragodu first, then we shall discuss about that. Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Ka chi fo.

1 Like

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Decibel: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
With the 'amala and ewedu' politics going on in the South West, soon Ndigbo will be running the entire Yorubaland by PROXY.

2 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dat guy who uploaded dis TOPIC must be very LAZY....
U think OIL is everything......
GERMANY no OIL.....
HOLLAND no OIL.......
SPAIN no OIL.......
CANADA very few like d east...
MALAYSIA no OIL........
KENYA no OIL......yet dey ah doing great.
BUT in d EAST ....there are oil deposits in some areas..yet still populated with BRAINY and HARDWORKING FELLOWS....
WISE MEN always come from the EAST..even those who visited JESUS.
D SUN rises in d EAST.
RICHEST PEOPLE in the BIBLE like ABRAHAM,..JOB..SOLOMON..LOT all came from the EAST...MOST RICH FATHERS IN D BIBLE WERE BUSINESSMEN.
LET BIAFRA unfold 1st ...i bet u ,u wil relocate and claim ownership.

11 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
kayciano: Dat guy who uploaded dis TOPIC must be very LAZY....
U think OIL is everything......
GERMANY no OIL.....
HOLLAND no OIL.......
SPAIN no OIL.......
CANADA very few like d east...
MALAYSIA no OIL........
KENYA no OIL......yet dey ah doing great.
BUT in d EAST ....there are oil deposits in some areas..yet still populated with BRAINY and HARDWORKING FELLOWS....
WISE MEN always come from the EAST..even those who visited JESUS.
D SUN rises in d EAST.
RICHEST PEOPLE in the BIBLE like ABRAHAM,..JOB..SOLOMON..LOT all came from the EAST...MOST RICH FATHERS IN D BIBLE WERE BUSINESSMEN.
LET BIAFRA unfold 1st ...i bet u ,u wil relocate and claim ownership.

But the east has oil not so. The question still remains how does Biafra intend to survive economically ?

All IBO posters have said nothing and reason poorly.

Did Germany divide or unite ? What of Holland and others ? You want to go, fine. How do you intend to cater for Nigeria citizens, who you plan force to become Biafrans. How many schools, hospitals, airports, food production, security system,financial and clearing houses. diplomatic ties, alliances ... How do you intend to survive.?
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by huptin(m): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
jamace: OP, how old are you? Can you recall the inventions of Biafra during the Nigeria civil war? Incase you are too young to understand, be enlightened that every part of Nigeria is viable and can survive on its own. Remember that, "Necesity is the mother of invention".

Which inventions are you talking about? is it Ogbunigwe that will feed the teeming population particularly emergency returnees from other places? Starvation led to the collapse of Biafra, there is nothing on ground now to prove there won't be a repeat, all it takes is for South south states with access to sea to play the saboteurs again, and a blockade would do the rest. I may be wrong sha, u need to prove it.
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
How do the Yolobas intend to survive?
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
himkers: How do the Yolobas intend to survive?

Mr himkers, stop trying to change the topic. This exactly what Easterners do on nairaland , if we had a competition for the best insults it would surely go to the east.

Pls... How does Biafra intend to survive economically ? Somebody !
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
This question is very silly so therefore deserve no response from me!!!
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by arewafederation: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
This thread has shown how interlectually lazy Ibos are. No body has given a plausible answer to the op's question.
Empty chest beaters. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by IdiatFF(f): 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
I dont think the question should be how will Biafra succeed economically; the question should have been 'can the Igbos work together after they secure Bifra?' I say NO to that. They are never united on any issue except Biafra....and when Biafra eventuates, would they live together peacefully ever after? remember South Sudan!

3 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by saintneo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

But the east has oil not so. The question still remains how does Biafra intend to survive economically ?

Did Germany divide or unite ? What of Holland and others ? You want to go, fine. How do you intend to cater for Nigeria citizens, who you plan force to become Biafrans. How many schools, hospitals, airports, food production, security system,financial and clearing houses. diplomatic ties, alliances ... How do you intend to survive.?

Why are you so interested in Biafra and Igbo?

Please stop replying the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Watermelon(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Op must be a teenager, one who has never travelled outside the south west. The common belief they have about Igbo land is that it is one achaic region which is yet to witness any form of civilization and most times erroneously refer to it as "village".

OP, take some time off the southwest enclave and travel to the south eastern part of Nigeria and see things for your self before opening this kind of thread.

BTW OP, why are you drinking paracetamol for Biafra's headache?

3 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
saintneo:

Why are you so interested in Biafra and Igbo?

Cos its really an interesting topic and this thread is meant to educate people or should I say Nigerians on the easts plans for Biafra and it will prove that the east truly is ready to survive alone, not as parasites or on handouts from the international community.

Please stop replying the OP.[/quote]
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Watermelon(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

Cos its really an interesting topic and this thread is meant to educate people or should I say Nigerians on the easts plans for Biafra and it will prove that the east truly is ready to survive alone, not as parasites or on handouts from the international community.

Please stop replying the OP.
And if they have plans they will share it with you on nairaland?

5 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by IGBOSON1: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

^^^I can tell you for nothing that if Ndigbo manage to break free from this stranglehold you call a 'united progressive Nigeria', that it goes without saying the Ijaws, Ogonis, Ikwerres, Efik/Ibibio/Annangs, etc, would not remain in Nigeria!

All or parts of the above listed would either form a TRUE FEDERATION with Igbos, or go it alone and form their own country! Any option is fine by me; i just want to live in a progressive country that works!

PS- The East leaving shouldn't necessarily mean the death of the name 'Nigeria'; you guys can still share a country with Hausa/Fulani and so keep the name 'Nigeria' alive! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
LoveDecay:

Pls... How does Biafra intend to survive economically ? Somebody !

Ask Google undecided

1 Like

Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Watermelon:
And if they have plans they will share it with you on nairaland?

I never knew, a country's (Biafra to be) economic development programs and policies where secret.

Is this another way of saying you have no idea - if it is please say so.

With that , we can have it on record : Biafra has no plans for the future or present citizen's.
Re: Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? by LoveDecay(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I can tell you for nothing that if Ndigbo manage to break free from this stranglehold you call a 'united progressive Nigeria', that it goes without saying the Ijaws, Ogonis, Ikwerres, Efik/Ibibio/Annangs, etc, would not remain in Nigeria!

All or parts of the above listed would either form a TRUE FEDERATION with Igbos, or go it alone and form their own country! Any option is fine by me; i just want to live in a progressive country that works!

PS- The East leaving shouldn't necessarily mean the death of the name 'Nigeria'; you guys can still share a country with Hausa/Fulani and so keep the name 'Nigeria' alive! smiley

Are you saying you don't know how you brothers and sisters will survive and function in the promise land. Tell me are the Ibo people really being marginalised is the call for Biafra, legitimate ? Has any other large numbered ethnic group, registered it's interest officially with the entity called Biafra - have the ijaws, or the akwa-cross ?

We still have not found any post which clearly defines the entity Biafra in mordern times , not the old rusty failed framework/contraption which was masterminded by the rebel leader who was buried as a Nigerian General !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Six Points Agenda: State Of Origin To Be Abolished / Onyebuchi Chukwu Stole $29 million meant for vaccines - GAVI / Former Governor Donald Duke Disgraces Jonathan For Not Developing South-South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.