Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie (24140 Views)

Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting / Characters In Chimamanda's Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by femmmmi94: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
ok
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by viuche: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wow! What a write-up, I thought I was watching a movie. How I wish there is something like real Olivia pope.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by blackprowler: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
My gut feeling has moved to disliking her. She's being given more attention than she deserves by the nigerian press. She's not the only nigerian author. Other Nigerian authors have won more prestigious literary awards than her. Winning the greatest literary award doesn't make you authority over any other subject but the one you know. We have suffered enough mumuness inthis country. I started to see her true self when she commented on Achebe's ill-informed, prejudiced last book. My view on her has subsequently been confirmed by me: she's the younger version of Achebe, all with ethnic bias

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by chidibond(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice n humorous, enjoyed it. Really beats me when ppl complain about reading stuff on NL. If u feel the information is relevant to u, pray read, if not, move your lazy bone to shorter threads.

6 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Obiossy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
This is bullshit!

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by yungchop: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
See note abeg, even when I was preparing for waec neco and jamb I didn't read that much!! If I can read such a not why can't I win the noble laureate prize?? The like button below this post will charge your phone to full bar, click it and confirm it grin

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Alfred234(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
i luv Chimamanda she's such a good writer & this definitely is a good write up.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by blackprowler: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Note that she's safely in America and taking positions which don't cause her any headache with her kith and kin. To my knowledge, she's won Orange Prize. Ben Okri won Booker Prize and he's so quiet most Nigerians don't know him. If Achebe, Soyinka, let alone Chimamanda were not African, hardly would anyone hear of them. They were "great" as Africans. Hope you know when Soyinka was given the Nobel, it was a choice between himself and Achebe. In other words, it had been "zoned" to Africa and maybe Nigeria. Achebe's book sold 10 million which was "wonderful" by African authors' standards, absolutely nothing to world standards. I'm not dissing anybody. I've not achieved anything in my life, but I look at things from a world point of view, not a narrow one, like tribe, country, continent, race etc. That's why people attack me for my criticism of Nigeria, Africa and black man

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by LyfeJennings(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Swear to God
Ain reading this. Its tooooooooooooooooooooooo long

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by pascalmilan11(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
chimamanda is a genius

6 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by armadeo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
After reading this thread my opinion ain't even on the article but rather the comments.

It took me less than 10 mins to read the entire article and some people are screaming too long to read. Jesus Christ is this the future we are looking at.

How many words are in that article that you only have to relax and read, if told to produce your own presentation what will you now do.

God help us.

8 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Mamaflex(f): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
Cant beleive i read all that. Pheew!!! So, this is how to solve BH problem? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by adegwurulez(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
The transformation starts from the top but we should also be ready to do our bits. Remember, heat is needed to purify diamond. This might just be that heat needed to purify this great gem of a country. We will get through this no matter what our enemies do.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kobonaire(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: ... of this great country and pilot affairs from under developed to a world best. It is doable.
I share your optimism but I think your goals may be far fetched. I personally believe we should first aim for stable electricity and good clean water availability first.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by maasoap(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
5 pages of A4 size. No be small reading.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
experimentist: Mr Oga Jona should something in this write up!

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Chubhie: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Opiosko: Naive wish, the youths arn't better. Nigeria is fvcked since 1914
If you as a youth feel handicapped, There are other Better youths more worthy to run stuffs and will seize the moment when the time is right.

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by LaurelP(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by LaurelP(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
slap1: Are you quoting your other username? Just wondering, cos there is nothing Obahiagbonesque in that post.
undecided
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by moshino(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
fattbabakay: *folds arm* Still wondering how I am expected to read dat long sort of epistle...

Yes, thats the problem with Nigeria. You lazy monkies are too lazy, inept and xtupid to do anything for your country.

7 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by obiscolly(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
Great write up. She addressed the main issues GEJ needs to focus on. Also love the way humour was infused to the whole story to make it sound not so offensive to Oga Jona. All those criticizing her should take a chill pill. This is what God has given us talents for-to make an impact in our generation. She's channeling her creativity to a just cause and I'm pretty sure GEJ will get to read and learn one or two things from this story.

May God grant me a wife this brilliant wink

7 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Vivipop(f): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
"Colonized Goats" lol... Sarcastic but Nice write up. How I wish this will get to the president's desk.

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by cococandy(f): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
She's a brilliant woman.

5 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by LaurelP(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
moshino:

Yes, thats the problem with Nigeria. You[b]lazy monkies are too lazy, inept and xtupid to do anything for your country[/b]

Haba bros
Pls let's try and be cultured nah
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Urine: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
Brilliant! Sarcasm at its peak, you have to be highly intelligent to decipher this. Well done!

The mod that moved this to the front page has changed the title, judgement will catch up with him soon.

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Chubhie: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
kobonaire: I share your optimism but I think your goals may be far fetched. I personally believe we should first aim for stable electricity and good clean water availability first.
Nigerians have been generating their own electricity and providing their own pipe bore water individually without Government. Now, imagine what we could all achieve collectively? We have the abundant resources and manpower to match. With these, you will agree with me that we should be robbing it off with the likes of Russian and USA and not struggling with govt promising to construct roads and build fourth mainland and second niger bridges! Our corrupt leaders only make it appear far fetched but in reality it is within reach.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Pavore9: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
See creativity, while reading e be like say l dey watch film.

5 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by armadeo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
moshino:

Yes, thats the problem with Nigeria. You lazy monkies are too lazy, inept and xtupid to do anything for your country.

Minus the explectives ( which I approve of in my mind) I approve of your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by royalicon(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pension Scam: I Made $544,000 Selling Pure Water — Defendant / Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo / FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.