Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot (16284 Views)

Official Photos From Desmond Elliot’s Inauguration Yesterday / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Election Victory / Desmond Elliot Undergoes Accreditation With Grandma (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by ochejoseph(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
First it was Kanayo O. Kanayo , Before we knew it Rochas "kidnapped" Nkiru Sylvanus and made her his aide de camp then the announcement from Kate Henshaw and now Desmond Elliot,

Se full tribune interview Below

When Nollywood actor, Desmond Elliot  made his way into the entertainment industry 15years ago, little did he realise that he could become a household name. Scripted mostly as  lover boy, Desmond has proved his worth in countless  distinctive scenes and plots  which have won him numerous admirers and awards in the film industry.. Elliot, a graduate of Economics at the Lagos State University, speaks exclusively with JOAN OMIONAWELE,  on his career, controversies, style and other issues. Excerpts:

Desmond Elliot rings a bell now, briefly recall how it began?
I grew up in Jos, Plateau state, Nigeria. Jos  was a peaceful, wonderful and beautiful place. The environment was just conducive to producing  a lot of entertainers for Nigeria.

You sound rather romantic about Jos, what do you miss about Jos?
I miss the cold weather, the peace of the old serene atmosphere, Jos was just  homely

As an entertainer, what do you wish you could go back to do in Jos, the city you love dearly?
I want to do a film there because the climate is very good for film  production, there would be very good pictures from the rocks on the hills, I just hope peace would be restored there so as to encourage people to come and invest. 

You are a star here in Nigeria, yet reports had it that you decided to relocate your family abroad last year what was that about?
I don’t know where people got that from, my family is here with me in Lagos, they only go abroad for holidays but we retain our Nigeria’s base. Holidaying abroad does not  mean living abroad. For now, we are where we are.

You  have been in  acting business for 15 years now, what in your opinion makes a good actor?
In addition to being talented, an actor needs  to be well- packaged. I guess you know what I mean. We are in an  exotic profession, so you need to come out looking exotic. In entertainment generally, packaging matters a lot,  that’s why they put you in the cinemas because  you are expected to appear larger than life. You must always look good and be at your best possible.

Can you let your fans into your latest plan?
I am working on my first Yoruba movie and I am really excited about it, we are almost rounding off  and would go to Oyo in a few days to shoot the remaining scenes. I guess people will like it. I can’t wait to complete the project.

You seem to be more engrossed with movie production than acting these days.. why?
Well I still do both,  I made my name in acting and I am not ready to quit that terrain now but movie production is more like an art, it makes me more of a different person, understanding each of the  characters on set  and being able to welcome new ideas and everything that comes with directing is amazing

In truth, how will you assess  Nollywood in its journey over the years?
Oh, it’s growing and it’s growing fast, what we need now are binding, enduring  policies. We do not have political (structural) policies. It should get into a point where more giant corporate bodies must be lured into coming into filming and this cannot happen when there are no structures. This is because the first thing any great investor will ask is the structure of organisations or bodies they wish to fund or collaborate with.

Are any of your children showing interest in acting?
They always tell me they want to act but when they see the stress that acting comes with, they always give up. It’s a lot of stress, but they like it but I tell to them that acting is not all-glamour.

What about your wife, what does she think about your job?
She is also in the industry. She distributes my films, she understands what I do

So, sometimes she doesn’t have issues with you?
Well she does, but never over my job

How does she cope with your female fans?
It’s been 15years, how she want take cope again after 15 years?

How long have you been married?
This is my 11th year

And what do you think is the secret to keep a celebrity marriage going?
Basically, it’s understanding. We must all understand that the make of a man is totally different from the make of a woman. A man must understand the priorities of a woman. Women love attention, they want to know that they are loved and there is security but for a man, all he is thinking about is money, while a woman knows that though you still need to provide for the family, she would still crave for attention. A man sees the question’ how are you as how are you’ but a woman sees how are you in three different ways. She begins to think, okay, why is he asking me how I am? At what time is he asking how are you? Did one word come before the other?

We learnt that you want to delve into politics. What experience have you to make a difference on the  state of the nation?
The current situation is very pathetic. I feel God has helped me thus far  and I want to give back  through politics that  will be favourable to the youths. The worst part of our national life  is that the level of corruption has not allowed youths to understand what it means to live a meaningful life . Just because of lack of knowledge of what to do, we are being sidetracked. There are no jobs, and issues like these lead to frustration.

A whole lot needs to be done on agriculture, every state in Nigeria needs to see how it can contribute to nation building. There’s a lot that needs to be done.

What accessories can’t you do without?
I think I can’t go out without a wristwatch

What’s your notion on tattoos
I wouldn’t wear one, but I have no problems with anyone wearing one

In a few years , what do you want to be remembered for?
It would be basically about giving back. I want to be known as a man who gave back to his society

There was this story about you dating two blood sisters, what was it about?
I don’t know. It was baseless. The ladies in question are my wards and I take care of them.

Are you blood relation with them?
Do I have to be related to them by blood?  We are family friends and we have been family friends for years. Their parents  are abroad  and whenever they are in Nigeria, they stay with me, so it was a baseless distraction and the person who did the article about me has since apologised.

There was also a death rumour about you last year, what happend?
It was actually a movie I did, which would be released later this year. I had to get the person who did the story and asked for his reasons.

How  do you cope with negative press?
I have come to understand that there is no way rumours won’t crop up. I have been in this field for the past 15years and there is no way one can be without one word or the other, people will definitely say things about you whether they are true or not.

After the hustle and bustle, how do you treat yourself
I just take a vacation and relax for a few days.

Why I want to go into politics —Desmond Elliot
http://www.tribune.com.ng/kleiglight/item/10992-why-i-want-to-go-into-politics-desmond-elliot

http:///lZByoXXWbm http:///glPgxHeCgi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Happywoman(f): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Longing for the booty too, my young man?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Smartsyn(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
OK naa
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by devigblegble: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Everybody want taste national cake , I see u my guy

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by DollyParton1(f): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Who cares?
Like we no know say na national cake u wan stuff ur belle with.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by hazyfm: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
na wa ooo
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by jayseehe(m): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
must you go into politics

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Sufdavinci(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Another RMD admirer hmmn.
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by sod09(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
liar liar
he wants a share in d national cake
another broke ass.. . there film no day sell again angry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na by force? No be dandanstic dakkun

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by ebamma(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Tell us it pays more to be even a ward councillor, than to be an actor this days
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
They want to taste the national cake too..No p..Carry Go...

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by xtratagem(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
Welcome to politics business

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by ebamma(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
DollyParton1: Who cares?
Like we no know say na national cake u wan stuff ur belle with.
hi Dollyparton, i hope u are not as old as the owner of that name
?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by DrMuzoic: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why can't these people be original for once? Must you copy what others are doing? Anyway it's all about moving with the crowd
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by macpetrus(m): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm.....
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lgrin
Wgrin
Kgrin
Mgrin
Dgrin

Okada abeg drop me,,, i wan comment
:
oga dezmo.... u wan folo fat belle? no b person sen u oo
:
:
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Standard007(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
booked!!

Buyers keep off!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by johnshagb(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Man must wack
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by freshness2020: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Titiluvly: They want to taste the national cake too..No p..Carry Go...
Chopison republic of naija!

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Raikishi(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
I wrote a post oh! Chai God Punish those people that stole our nairaland genius write ups.....
How will you give back you no talk na give back, don't give us anything.... Just don't give yourself and the other thiefers and robbingful people. Do the work associated with the office....
Unfortunately Everybody wants to chop
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by louiskay(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bros Bye bye ................. Afterall na Chop and go
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by flowjoe: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please let someone go into agriculture , why is politics d final destination for many **but I know he can do it like Arnold Schwarzenegger smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by BUSHHUNTER: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
These south least pipu just dey make crap fp nowadays
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
It's Ok.........
I Undastand........
He want 2 go in 2 Real N0LLyh00d m0vie act.......
He's ReaLLy tired 0f fake N0LLyh00d actin Th0.......
UpCumin ThIEf......... cheesy
I Like dah niqqah advErt die....... cheesy grin

Rememba........
Afeez Iz Af33z........
Sh0m0rin......
Sh0ut0ut si aw0n G00ns Mi.....
Aw0n Eruku ninu h00d mi.....
FP n0ni......
My Land Iz n0t 4 saLe........
Beware 0f Emeka my Steps0n..... angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by thiefnubu(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by Seyixyz: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Politics is not one of dose ur romantic nollywood scene bro..In dis game,u get eaten alive..I mean alive..So,tink twice
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by dedons: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Who the hell is DESMOND HARLOT
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by dedons: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
flowjoe: .
chairman I hail o
Re: Why I Want To Go Into Politics —desmond Elliot by dedons: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Tinubu: .
just as your moniker...

A thief indeed shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Dead In Boko Haram Attack On Borno Villages / Fresh Plot To Invade National Assembly Thickens,150 Delta Youths Moved To Abuja / Gov Bello Mobilizes Contractors For Umomi Idah Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.