Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting (2206 Views)

Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / Car Tracker Issues Car Refuses To Start Toyota Camry 1999 Model / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
I am embarking on a project to get a alero back to running mode.the security light shows on the dash and will start and go off when started. I am not a trained electricain but I have quite some knowledge on passlock,passkey systems.the gurus in the house can give me all the advice I need to assist me .my plan is to change the bcm and d whole ingnition with d passlock sensor and relearn the key.awaiting all ya help
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by sultaan(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
post a pic of the key you are using its either not programmed or a key cut aftermarket. Don't mess with anything yet. That car is cheap yet good enough for daily runs
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
sultaan: post a pic of the key you are using its either not programmed or a key cut aftermarket. Don't mess with anything yet. That car is cheap yet good enough for daily runs
Thanks boss
The key does noot require programming as it does not use d transponder system. Will post it anyway by monday.thaanks in advance
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by sultaan(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Who said it does not have a chip? The security icon means something is off
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by sultaan(m): 7:10am On Jul 20, 2014
try this

http://repairpal.com/no-start-due-to-failed-passlock-sensor-330

http://www.bergerweb.net/AleroSecurity/

Possible solutions the second one has illustrations described by the first link
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2014
sultaan: Who said it does not have a chip? The security icon means something is off
The security light means d passlock is activated. GM btw 1995 to 2005 or so use d passlock passkey security system.they doo not use the conventional transponder chip as the passlock uses resistance of the key to know if its d original key or not
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by b2212(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
i also have similar isue with a Mitsubishi space wagon 1999 model. the battery was removed with the key still in the lock. since then the car no gree start again. I dont think i will ever touch anything mitsubishi ever again.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by b2212(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
b2212: i also have similar isue with a Mitsubishi space wagon 1999 model. the battery was removed with the key still in the lock. since then the car no gree start again. I dont think i will ever touch anything mitsubishi ever again.
if anyone can recommend an electrician who can guarantee fixing the car pls recomend. i am at my wits end.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by b2212(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
b2212:
if anyone can recommend an electrician who can guarantee fixing the car pls recomend. i am at my wits end.
@ Baconline sorry for barging into yor thread.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by sultaan(m): 1:47am On Jul 24, 2014
baconline:
The security light means d passlock is activated. GM btw 1995 to 2005 or so use d passlock passkey security system.they doo not use the conventional transponder chip as the passlock uses resistance of the key to know if its d original key or not

I posted a reply with some bypass method found online but I was banned so google it and you will find pics of the wires behind the radio you may have to bypass.

You can either buy a new lock or wait 15 minutes for the lo k to stop blinking bypass is easy
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 8:09am On Jul 25, 2014
sultaan:
I posted a reply with some bypass method found online but I was banned so google it and you will find pics of the wires behind the radio you may have to bypass.
You can either buy a new lock or wait 15 minutes for the lo k to stop blinking bypass is easy
thanks boss,
i tried bypassing it with d wires from the radio side.it did not work.i need d complete ignition maybe its d sensor that is bad or d bcm
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
i have sources for the bcm and complete ignition with d sensor(passlock) hope to get it in a weeks time
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2014
after installing a new bcm and ignition sensor,d passlock is still on! i have met a brick wall need help
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by DECOtech(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
baconline:
after installing a new bcm and ignition sensor,d passlock is still on! i have met a brick wall need help

Have you used a scantool on that vehicle?
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
sultaan:
try this

http://repairpal.com/no-start-due-to-failed-passlock-sensor-330

http://www.bergerweb.net/AleroSecurity/

Possible solutions the second one has illustrations described by the first link
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
DECOtech:

Have you used a scantool on that vehicle?
i have a GMTECH 2,it tells me passlock not leaning
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
[quote author=lomomike post=29150287][/quote]
did all that over 2 months back,d problem is its d european spec and i think d passlock is tied to d remote system! if it were d ameriacan d explanation would have work one time,pls bring more suggestions
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by DECOtech(m): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
baconline:

i have a GMTECH 2,it tells me passlock not leaning

There's a way to manually bypass that security

You wld have to pull out you entertainment unit to access a particular wire. With a particular set of logic instructions.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2014
DECOtech:

There's a way to manually bypass that security
You wld have to pull out you entertainment unit to access a particular wire. With a particular set of logic instructions.
more info pls
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by DECOtech(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
baconline:

more info pls

Pls confirm if the bbm in in ur signature is still active then I will send you the info via bbm
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 9:22am On Dec 26, 2014
DECOtech:

Pls confirm if the bbm in in ur signature is still active then I will send you the info via bbm
active boss
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
8 years down the line,I ran away without solving the issue I now have another one with a similar issue,the security is tied to the remote ,how do I program it, it's the euro spec 433mhz , manual method will not work like the American spec
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by nurey(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
baconline:
8 years down the line,I ran away without solving the issue I now have another one with a similar issue,the security is tied to the remote ,how do I program it, it's the euro spec 433mhz , manual method will not work like the American spec

8years after you will still need to run, you may have lost the battle on this one but you still have a war yo win with others.

My Aunt Alero am sure must have rot away it's almost 15years now she bought a very beautiful LEMON
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by baconline(m): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2022
nurey:

8years after you will still need to run, you may have lost the battle on this one but you still have a war yo win with others.

My Aunt Alero am sure must have rot away it's almost 15years now she bought a very beautiful LEMON
I want to fight to the finish on this one
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by nurey(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2022
baconline:

Carry on soldier, May the Forces be with you grin
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by aieromon(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
baconline:

Nothing do you. We are here to enjoy the show. Best of luck.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by olenyi: 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
baconline:

Locate GAZZUZZ and he will sort you out.
Re: 1999 Alero Security Issues:car Not Starting by diportivo: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2023
olenyi:

Locate GAZZUZZ and he will sort you out.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Es330 2006 Or Toyota Corolla 2008 / Vibration Problem In Pathfinder / Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.