Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,827 members, 7,824,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? (2650 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction When Your Wife Dress Like This On Your Wedding Day? / Would You Let Ur Wife Dress This Way On Your Wedding Day? / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 20, 2014
I've seen a lot of nigerian movies in which you find a man putting up queries about his wife's dressing on seeking permission to go out. A lot of people, especially those claiming to be civilized might criticize such a man, but I think every action has got a motive. Was strolling in the iju neighborhood of lagos where I went to pay someone a visit when I caught the sight of a beautiful young girl. As a guy man, I approached her to chat her up but the moment I said hi and proceeded to introduce my self, she timidly told me she was a married woman. What da f@#k? I quickly made a u-turn and headed home. What do you think attracted me to her? Her beauty? Her dressing? Maybe I was just being randy. I remember a lady that stays on the street where my hostel is in school, so young and pretty but has a baby and lives with a guy that runs a boutique. It's always one skimpy thing or the other you'll find her on everytime she walks pass the street filled with students, boys that don't know how to smile. Sometimes, she puts on bomb shots revealing her legs and some silky top that reveals traces of her boobs as water from the bucket she's carry drips on it. I had a discussion with a dude on my street concerning that but he felt there was nothing wrong with it cos no lady would want to look out of taste simply cos she got married."No lady would want to look out of taste cos she got marries"...bla bla bla...so she should advertise her self like a love peddler? I believe once a lady is married, she ought to think like a married woman and not like a girl anymore(though she can dress skimpily at home to entice her husband). I think dressing sexily by a married woman can attracted dangerous attention to her which can damage her marriage. What if the first girl I mentioned hadn't made me know of her marriage status, won't I have gone ahead to have an affair with a married lady? As for the second lady, a lot of guys might say there's nothing wrong with her dresscode ideology so long her husband doesn't complain. Well, the complaining might start when a rich man sets his eyes on her and doesn't mind if she's married to ten men. Some may say she won't cheat so long love exist between her and her husband, but never undermine the power of money cos the rich man might only want sex without love. I think in my own opinion that the above reasons are why a man frowns at some clothes his wife puts on on outings, especially when he's not accompanying her. What other reasons do you have and do you think a man dictating his wife's dressing is right?

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? by AtheistD(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
No. But if he is unhappy with her dress sense then they should both discuss.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? by Summersland(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
I cannot alow my wife 2 dres anyhw wen she've outin because som sexy dresin may atract other men on street as u did.Except,she's @ home
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Dictate His Wife's Dress Code? by DrObum(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Advise= Yes!
Dictate= No!

Marriage aint a booty camp!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Ladies,how Many Boyfriends Should You Have At A Time?? / Ladies, must you do this????? Guys, how do you escape this???? / My Girl Said I'm Selfish After All This Thingz...,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.