Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42919 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Richohm(m): 6:48am On Jul 21, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs*
African Girls would put on FAKE hair
African Girls would put on FAKE eyes
African Girls would put on FAKE assets
African Girls would put on FAKE skin(bleaching).

And yet they would be the one saying "I Want A REAL Man"? undecided
real man my foot
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by traware(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2014
X
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by traware(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Not as stupiddddd as nigerians though. A pit latrine
Kai!!!!This man...your hatred for Nigerians too much o!!!Wetin we do you na?It seems to me,the 'hate' is just a fallout of jealousy
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2014
Am fair really fair, but frankly I don't dig fair babe's at all, not one bit, my preference is black babe's, the blacker you are, the more hotter you are to me, cuz I can literally see my veins that's how fair I am and it's truly disgusting pple say I should be happy :/ for what. A lot of African girls have being brainwashed by the fashion industry that being fair is beautiful, so you see some self hating Nigerians bleaching, anytime I see a black babe, I just get turned on. Black is beauty seriously.

4 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by vision2050: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2014
CityNG:

It's not private if I willingly shared it. It's not as if it's something I should be ashamed of.

I'll leave you with this quote:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Hunter S. Thompson"
Thanks, but I'm not sorry for my comment. I Just said what is in my mind, I was thought to love my only wife and children, moreso make my marriage perfect even if other gives excuse of unperfect marriage that should not be my case. I'm from polygamous home so I don't encourage it. Have a nice day!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by akunjohn(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2014
Black is still beautiful,Any woman who bleach her skin is her own.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by laprince(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2014
mujiboy: Black is beautiful
White is beautiful
Red is beautiful

Even colourless is beautiful
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 21, 2014
vision2050: Thanks, but I'm not sorry for my comment. I Just said what is in my mind, I was thought to love my only wife and children, moreso make my marriage perfect even if other gives excuse of unperfect marriage that should not be my case. I'm from polygamous home so I don't encourage it. Have a nice day!

You shouldn't be sorry, just don't try to project your life onto mine. Our values are different but that doesn't make us bad people.

What works for you does, so does mine. Don't judge.

This is why we are where we are today as a country.

Boko Haram wants to force the rest of the country to be like them. The rest of the country wants to eradicate them.

You do you, I do me.

PS: I'm not polygamous by the way though I respect those that are, if it works for them it's none of my bizwhacks.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by porka: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2014
1) 77% Nigerian women are not using any bleaching cream.

The report is a figment of the imagination of the writer or that of the UN she quoted.

It is a lie.

77% Nigerian women will never be able to use bleaching cream.

BTW, the UN has been on record to have falsified figures in the past.

One of which was an embarrassing falsification of HIV prevalence in Africa by WHO, an organ of the UN.

2) African women bleaching their skin do so for various reasons.

Some because they are extremely timid psychologically and think they would enhance their self confidence.

Just like bimbos who do not have anything to show with their brains but exposing their b r e a s t s.

3) Many African men have various perceptions about 'light skin' ladies, those apparently bleaching.

One of this is that they are women of easy virtue who they can get easily.

Some men will never marry an 'attractive' lady because they too have been 'attracted' in the past.

4) Skin bleaching in Africa, like most fads, will fade and then return.

It is absolutely nothing to worry about.

People get tired of things and leave them.

5) If the writer is a bleaching cream seller, she should continue her trade and leave Nigerians out of it.

But like every market, it will end one day.

Just wait for a 'prominent skin bleacher' to be diagnosed with a major skin infection and the market will go south.

That's when you will know how far.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by mujiboy(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2014
laprince:

Even colourless is beautiful
you get!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Idowuogbo(f): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2014
chic2pimp:

angry grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin......Amadioha will visit you this early mor mor
Back to sender! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Litmus: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
I love black women and, whats more, the majority of half of 160 million Nigerian people love their Nigerian women. Black women needn't doubt themselves and i don't believe that they actually do
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vera Sidika suffers from a sort of Inferiority complex.
She comes from a community where women are blessed with great assets.
But are generally dark(but rarely black) in color.
However,a large number of Kenyans are light skinned
Starting with the Kikuyu,mostly those of Nyeri and Kiambu .The Kikuyu are the largest tribe in Kenya.
Also add the Taita.Long considered to be Kenya's most beautiful,are generally light skinned.
So are the Swahili
And some of the Cushite tribes aka Somali,Gabbra Borana Burj etc(But not Rendille).
Since the media is full of Kikuyus(coz of their numbers) and other light skinned tribes(A Swahili presenter for example is almost always a Swahili.). showing off their light skin .It instills a sense of inferiority complex in the darker mostly nilotic communities like the Luo,Turkana and some of the Luhyia(like Vera).
What Vera forgets is that she became famous coz of her screen filling booty.Not the colour of her skin.Heck.If I want to see light skin,I just have to look at myself or out of my window .Mombasa is teeming with Arabs,Swahilis and Asians.But to see a booty that size,I would have to travel to Western,over 1000 km away.
Vera.We love your booty.Not your bleached skin.

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Lenzz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
softandsweet: This has been and will continue to be a controversial issue. Beauty, Beauty Beauty.. The word is overated. The earlier we begin to live for ourselves and not to please the society, the happier and content we will be. Its as if the world is in a competition for societies approval of beauty. Funny enough, every man or womans idea of beauty differs, light skin, ebony skin, chocolate, caramel, gap tooth, slim fit, curvy, straight, hairy, blue eyes, brown eyes, dimples, petite, tall, average height, broad shoulders....... the list goes on and on. Ladies check yourselves, and Guys too..... there is something beautiful about you. The list is endless. The creator doesnt make mistakes. When ee try to be all these things, we loose the essense of beauty and we go out of sync with our places in this world. We should take care of ourselves, of our bodies, but the purpose of doing so shouldn't be for approval for then we will never be content in this ever changing world.

I just gave you your 2nd like. Nice submissions madame

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
GERALD710: Vera Sidika suffers from a sort of Inferiority complex.
She comes from a community where women are blessed with great assets.
But are generally dark(but rarely black) in color.
However,a large number of Kenyans are light skinned
Starting with the Kikuyu,mostly those of Nyeri and Kiambu .The Kikuyu are the largest tribe in Kenya.
Also add the Taita.Long considered to be Kenya's most beautiful,are generally light skinned.
So are the Swahili
And some of the Cushite tribes aka Somali,Gabbra Borana Burj etc(But not Rendille).
Since the media is full of Kikuyus(coz of their numbers) and other light skinned tribes(A Swahili presenter for example is almost always a Swahili.). showing off their light skin .It instills a sense of inferiority complex in the darker mostly nilotic communities like the Luo,Turkana and some of the Luhyia(like Vera).
What Vera forgets is that she became famous coz of her screen filling booty.Not the colour of her skin.Heck.If I want to see light skin,I just have to look at myself or out of my window .Mombasa is teeming with Arabs,Swahilis and Asians.But to see a booty that size,I would have to travel to Western,over 1000 km away.
Vera.We love your booty.Not your bleached skin.

Preach! grin grin grin
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Olaone1: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
A black woman married to a black man gave birth to a 'white' baby, black people went on Social Media to say "work of God....marvelous Jesus"

Then, I asked: if a white woman married to a white man gave birth to a 'black' baby, what would people say? "The husband should ask her questions"....there is something fishy about the birth"

We may not be ready to admit it or even deny it here, that inferiority is in most of us. It is a particularly sad thing. undecided

Black is beautiful my a**e
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sisinaijayeye0: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dbestmax: I came across a somewhat controversial article on
skin bleaching by African women in the UK
Telegraph, written by a Nigerian writer and lawyer,
Sede Alonge, and I thought to bring it here so we can
read and discuss. Sola makes a case for women who
bleach for why they shouldn't be made to feel like
they are betraying their race for wanting to change
their skin colour. Read below...

I personally think all this is overated, everybody should love themselves. If they wanna be lighter to make themselves happy let it be, it's like getting a boobjob, or wanting to look better or slim down to have better self esteem. It's what they think best. But it's their body and their business. Ppl tk pdoll for other ppl headache jhur
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sisinaijayeye0: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
porka: 1) 77% Nigerian women are not using any bleaching cream.

The report is a figment of the imagination of the writer or that of the UN she quoted.

It is a lie.

77% Nigerian women will never be able to use bleaching cream.

BTW, the UN has been on record to have falsified figures in the past.

One of which was an embarrassing falsification of HIV prevalence in Africa by WHO, an organ of the UN.

2) African women bleaching their skin do so for various reasons.

Some because they are extremely timid psychologically and think they would enhance their self confidence.

Just like bimbos who do not have anything to show with their brains but exposing their b r e a s t s.

3) Many African men have various perceptions about 'light skin' ladies, those apparently bleaching.

One of this is that they are women of easy virtue who they can get easily.

Some men will never marry an 'attractive' lady because they too have been 'attracted' in the past.

4) Skin bleaching in Africa, like most fads, will fade and then return.

It is absolutely nothing to worry about.

People get tired of things and leave them.

5) If the writer is a bleaching cream seller, she should continue her trade and leave Nigerians out of it.

But like every market, it will end one day.

Just wait for a 'prominent skin bleacher' to be diagnosed with a major skin infection and the market will go south.

That's when you will know how far.

I agree with you. 77 percents of Nigerians don't bleach nobody wants to end up looking. Like vitiligo
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ever heard the saying- 'white is beautiful'? So why do we have to assure ourselves that we are beautiful with the 'black is beautiful' slogan?! That's because a lot of us don't believe in that. Look at MBGN winners from munachi to date, most of them are light skinned. Look at our music videos- if an artist wants to show that he has upgraded, he gets light skinned models/dancers. Look around you and see how light skinned ladies get most of the attention. Do all these prove the black and beautiful slogan? To the guys making noise about weaves, false eyelashes and all that, why are a lot of deeper life sisters still single if natural appearance is what you prefer? Spare me the hypocrisy and stop the lies -BLEACHING CREAMS will continue to be all over the market!

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
koyyes: Ever heard the saying- 'white is beautiful'? So why do we have to assure ourselves that we are beautiful with the 'black is beautiful' slogan?! That's because a lot of us don't believe in that. Look at MBGN winners from munachi to date, most of them are light skinned. Look at our music videos- if an artist wants to show that he has upgraded, he gets light skinned models/dancers. Look around you and see how light skinned ladies get most of the attention. Do all these prove the black and beautiful slogan? To the guys making noise about weaves, false eyelashes and all that, why are a lot of deeper life sisters still single if natural appearance is what you prefer? Spare me the hypocrisy and stop the lies -BLEACHING CREAMS will continue to be all over the market!

I'm a guy and I prefer natural appearance so perhaps I'm in the minority but I'm sure there are many others like me.

Perhaps it's a combination of both age and exposure.

PS: Maybe the sisters @ DeeperLife wear their religion on their sleeves. That is a major turn off for me.

When I was dating I specifically pass over any profile that mentioned God/Jesus/God fearing man/etc and if you start by asking me if I have Jesus in my life you're guaranteed that you'll never get a second date with me.

So it's not that those ladies may not be getting suitors because they do not bleach.

When I see a natural Yoruba Woman (a beautiful one please - just because one is natural doesn't mean she's beautiful automatically), with natural braids, wearing a traditional outfit my heart starts murmuring.

I know not ALL guys have the same taste as me but please let's be careful so as not to give these single Women the idea that ALL men are looking for this ghostly and sometimes odor producing specimens.

Fela Yellow Fever -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRXNA3Eofs

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Originalsly: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hmmm...the one top left before is beautiful. Nice ad to show Black is beautiful....or am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by KMB: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
It is really interesting that my little knowledge is more than yours. Yoiu need to read carefully before responding a begi.....!!

The reason wood ash whitens teeth is because it contains potassium hydroxide and in the process whitens the teeth. u choose...who cares if your children are darker or lighter than you. By the way some parents to do give birth to lighter or darker skinned children.

You are not in a position judge anyone of what they do or not do...

Back to the point people: Regardless of your view or opinion; guess what...bleaching goes on, life continues.....judgement is continually made.

Their skin, their risk, their body , their business. Make sure read this over and over before responding
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
cityng,... i dey feel u... those maidens are sweet wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
KMB: It is really interesting that my little knowledge is more than yours. Yoiu need to read carefully before responding a begi.....!!

The reason wood ash whitens teeth is because it contains potassium hydroxide and in the process whitens the teeth. u choose...who cares if your children are darker or lighter than you. By the way some parents to do give birth to lighter or darker skinned children.

You are not in a position judge anyone of what they do or not do...

Back to the point people: Regardless of your view or opinion; guess what...bleaching goes on, life continues.....judgement is continually made.

Their skin, their risk, their body , their business. Make sure read this over and over before responding

Or like me have both.

I have a Daughter whois a spitting image of me but is white, eyes that change color and blonde hair. I've actually had police called on me when I was in a store alone with her and she was crying to confirm that I was the father. Her other Sisters and Brother are black (same mother and father).

Genes are an interesting biological occurrence.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by antartica(m): 1:15am On Jul 22, 2014
If one is ugly,he/she is ugly,complexion or race notwithstanding. What makes people primarily beautiful are their proportioned features, especially facial features.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by spreado(m): 7:10am On Jul 22, 2014
People shouting the amount of girls dat bleach are too high, yet i see more black girls dan fair skin girls

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Ladybluecash(f): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2014
Darteyyyy:

Are you trying to start a tribal e-war?
No Boss, pardon me but dats d fact.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by fayahsoul: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2014
na today? i have been on the case of our self hating women since day 1 and am still here in the wilderness of cyber space reproaching their evil ways. Enough!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 11:15am On Jul 22, 2014
fayahsoul: na today? i have been on the case of our self hating women since day 1 and am still here in the wilderness of cyber space reproaching their evil ways. Enough!

lol.. calm down.. why focus on the self hating women and not the men who are attracted to fair ladies and disregard dark skinned ladies
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by fayahsoul: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
lol.. calm down.. why focus on the self hating women and not the men who are attracted to fair ladies and disregard dark skinned ladies
if you are trying to say that black women bleach because black men are attracted to fair skins then you are on a long thing. I have ended a couple of relationships due to my partners rigid self hating frame of mind. What we are dealing with here borders on some sort of psychological pathology. So even when their bf or fiance or hubby advises them to be natural they resist the idea with vehemence and this indicates that their thirst for fakery is way beyond "a supposed attempt at gaining acceptance from the opposite gender." It's just one of many tired excusses. Besides, it wasnt the black man that pushed their women into fakery. It just so happens that the black woman is simply more susecptible to western indoctrination and miseducation. She choose that route thinking it's the right way to attain "sophistication." Funny enough you are even doing a disservice to the women by claiming that they do evil so as to please men. That's like saying that their faculty of moral conscience is under-developed and inadequate. lol am calm o. Dont get it twisted. I do this out of love. peace be unto you.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
fayahsoul:
if you are trying to say that black women bleach because black men are attracted to fair skins then you are on a long thing. I have ended a couple of relationships due to my partners rigid self hating frame of mind. What we are dealing with here borders on some sort of psychological pathology. So even when their bf or fiance or hubby advises them to be natural they resist the idea with vehemence and this indicates that their thirst for fakery is way beyond "a supposed attempt at gaining acceptance from the opposite gender." It's just one of many tired excusses. Besides, it wasnt the black man that pushed their women into fakery. It just so happens that the black woman is simply more susecptible to western indoctrination and miseducation. She choose that route thinking it's the right way to attain "sophistication." Funny enough you are even doing a disservice to the women by claiming that they do evil so as to please men. That's like saying that their faculty of moral conscience is under-developed and inadequate. lol am calm o. Dont get it twisted. I do this out of love. peace be unto you.

I will speak for my sisters in this side of the atlantic who are still dependent on men for a lot and not like those on the other side of the atlantic who earn a bit of money

Most Nigerian guys are attracted to fair-skinned ladies, and those who use hair extensions and all the what nots

We cannot divorce ourself from the reality

We also encourage this unwholesome attitude

If you have read the comments of some of the female posters, you will note guys tell them to lighten up etc etc

Im not twisted..Love is cool but before you can change something,, you have to understand it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“I Have Never For Once Used Eyebrow Pencil In My Life” - Lady Says / Anna Banner From Bayelsa Crowned MBGN 2013 / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.