Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42920 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Fulaman198(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:

I will speak for my sisters in this side of the atlantic who are still dependent on men for a lot and not like those on the other side of the atlantic who earn a bit of money

Most Nigerian guys are attracted to fair-skinned ladies, and those who use hair extensions and all the what nots

We cannot divorce ourself from the reality

We also encourage this unwholesome attitude

If you have read the comments of some of the female posters, you will note guys tell them to lighten up etc etc

Im not twisted..Love is cool but before you can change something,, you have to understand it

Don't you feel that the bolded is a generalisation my friend?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

Don't you feel that the bolded is a generalisation my friend?

No i dont.. why do you think so?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Fulaman198(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:

No i dont.. why do you think so?

There are 85 million or so men in Nigeria, we haven't heard from all of them to come to such a conclusion.

I for one don't have a preference between light skinned or dark skinned. A beautiful black woman is a beautiful black woman regardless of skin tone/complexion.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

There are 85 million or so men in Nigeria, we haven't heard from all of them to come to such a conclusion.

I for one don't have a preference between light skinned or dark skinned. A beautiful black woman is a beautiful black woman regardless of skin tone/complexion.
note you have not specified a preference based on complexion

Let me throw it and try something else broadly

Out of the people in your circle, how many of the relationships have been with dark skinned ladies

For people i know aside the physical features, fairness of complexion features a lot in the discussion
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by fayahsoul: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
I will speak for my sisters in this side of the atlantic who are still dependent on men for a lot and not like those on the other side of the atlantic who earn a bit of money
Most Nigerian guys are attracted to fair-skinned ladies, and those who use hair extensions and all the what nots
We cannot divorce ourself from the reality
We also encourage this unwholesome attitude
If you have read the comments of some of the female posters, you will note guys tell them to lighten up etc etc
Im not twisted..Love is cool but before you can change something,, you have to understand it
I dont know if you are male or female but i do know that this issue doesnt require much gramma and semantics. The question that's being addressed is "is it right for a black female to bleach her skin or undergo any artificial alteration of her natural self?" if you, like i and most of the respondents on this thread, know it's wrong then our women ought to be woman enough to accept responsibility for the wrong choices they have made regardless of what ever compelled them to make that wrong choice.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
fayahsoul:
I dont know if you are male or female but i do know that this issue doesnt require much gramma and semantics. The question that's being addressed is "is it right for a black female to bleach her skin or undergo any artificial alteration of her natural self?" if you, like i and most of the respondents on this thread, know it's wrong then our women ought to be woman enough to accept responsibility for the wrong choices they have made regardless of what ever compelled them to make that wrong choice.

You are not listening

We all say it is wrong yet show by our dating choices that we prefer the fair skinned ones or those with hair extensions etc calling them sophisticated...

Actions speak louder than words... bro

You cannot divorce actions from the causal factors
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Fulaman198(m): 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
note you have not specified a preference based on complexion

Let me throw it and try something else broadly

Out of the people in your circle, how many of the relationships have been with dark skinned ladies

For people i know aside the physical features, fairness of complexion features a lot in the discussion

LOL in all honesty I have never had any relationships. However, I really sometimes find darker chicks (I mean Sudanese and Senegalese dark which is as dark as anything) very attractive. Sometimes I get mouth-watering sensations.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
CityNG:

I'm a guy and I prefer natural appearance so perhaps I'm in the minority but I'm sure there are many others like me.

Perhaps it's a combination of both age and exposure.

PS: Maybe the sisters @ DeeperLife wear their religion on their sleeves. That is a major turn off for me.

When I was dating I specifically pass over any profile that mentioned God/Jesus/God fearing man/etc and if you start by asking me if I have Jesus in my life you're guaranteed that you'll never get a second date with me.

So it's not that those ladies may not be getting suitors because they do not bleach.

When I see a natural Yoruba Woman (a beautiful one please - just because one is natural doesn't mean she's beautiful automatically), with natural braids, wearing a traditional outfit my heart starts murmuring.

I know not ALL guys have the same taste as me but please let's be careful so as not to give these single Women the idea that ALL men are looking for this ghostly and sometimes odor producing specimens.

Fela Yellow Fever -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRXNA3Eofs
. Loooooool. Women don suffer sha. I understand you but your preference (like every other man)for beautiful women has given women who feel they are 'ugly' the excuse to go the extra mile. That's my point!
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Fulaman198

Bro... you are attracted to dark skinned beauties.. what of your circle

The last editions of the MGBN when was the last edition won by a dark skinned beauty

Lets be objective

You in your guys car.... 2 girls on different sides of the street.. one is dark one is fair.. same body specs... which ones will an average naija guy ogle?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Originalsly: Hmmm...the one top left before is beautiful. Nice ad to show Black is beautiful....or am I missing something?
As a matter of fact you are. Look closely.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Fulaman198(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1: @Fulaman198

Bro... you are attracted to dark skinned beauties.. what of your circle

The last editions of the MGBN when was the last edition won by a dark skinned beauty

Lets be objective

You in your guys car.... 2 girls on different sides of the street.. one is dark one is fair.. same body specs... which ones will an average naija guy ogle?

I would hope whichever one is better looking. Some Naija guys really don't care about complexion, some care more about how soft the woman's skin is, her curves, and her physical beauty. I guess a great example of a dark skin beauty that I no longer see on here was MzNana, my gosh lol
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
koyyes: . Loooooool. Women don suffer sha. I understand you but your preference (like every other man)for beautiful women has given women who feel they are 'ugly' the excuse to go the extra mile. That's my point!

I hear you but my preference shouldn't cause another human being to modify their behavior, lifestyle or structure in order to please me.

I actually find that very unattractive when Women do that as it shows a lack of self esteem.

A rather bad analogy, admittedly, but on a new car sales lot, the dealer doesn't just paint a white car to black to please customers. A customer will come along who will buy the white car.

My Wife has Yoruba tribal marks on her face. Some of my friends are intrigued and wonder why I chose to marry someone with tribal marks. To me the tribal marks on my Wifes face is like an artistic stroke much akin to a Picasso not being a Picasso without his signature.

So definitely one mans meat is another mans poison and our womenfolks just need to be secure within themselves, their beauty and self esteem.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by fayahsoul: 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
You are not listening
We all say it is wrong yet show by our dating choices that we prefer the fair skinned ones or those with hair extensions etc calling them sophisticated...
Actions speak louder than words... bro
You cannot divorce actions from the causal factors
No you are the one not paying attention. Ok assuming it's true that most black males prefer fair skins this does not still justify the act of bleaching and other acts of self hate done by black women. It's just like using the materialistic tendencies of modern black women to justify the several evil acts i.e theft, fraud, murder etc perpetrated by some young black males who claim to engage in such activities in order to meet the desires of women. When an adult does wrong, unless physically forced to do so, he or she shall bear full responsibility without regard for "causal factors." Black men are also victims of western and arab indoctrinations so it will come as no supprise if the majority do in fact prefer fair skins and fakery.

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
fayahsoul:
No you are the one not paying attention. Ok assuming it's true that most black males prefer fair skins this does not still justify the act of bleaching and other acts of self hate done by black women. It's just like using the materialistic tendencies of modern black women to justify the several evil acts i.e theft, fraud, murder etc perpetrated by some young black males who claim to engage in such activities in order to meet the desires of women. When an adult does wrong, unless physically forced to do so, he or she shall bear full responsibility without regard for "causal factors." Black men are also victims of western and arab indoctrinations so it will come as no supprise if the majority do in fact prefer fair skins and fakery.

Noted....
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Agozie48: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
Darteyyyy:

You're right, the society has played a huge role in the subject matter, but is bleaching the solution?

I really don't think it is if you ask me.

its not the solution if you ask me but what other choice do they have
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by pickabeau1: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
CityNG:

I hear you but my preference shouldn't cause another human being to modify their behavior, lifestyle or structure in order to please me.

I actually find that very unattractive when Women do that as it shows a lack of self esteem.

A rather bad analogy, admittedly, but on a new car sales lot, the dealer doesn't just paint a white car to black to please customers. A customer will come along who will buy the white car.

My Wife has Yoruba tribal marks on her face. Some of my friends are intrigued and wonder why I chose to marry someone with tribal marks. To me the tribal marks on my Wifes face is like an artistic stroke much akin to a Picasso not being a Picasso without his signature.

So definitely one mans meat is another mans poison and our womenfolks just need to be secure within themselves, their beauty and self esteem.

True at the bolded

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Darteyyyy(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Agozie48:

its not the solution if you ask me but what other choice do they have

We can't let the west dictate for us should we? Whatever happened to originality?

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Orikinla(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Black is still very beautiful and lest we forget very SEXY too.

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by AfricasSon: 5:57am On Mar 21, 2015
I believe this has to with the level of self hate that not only black people have but people of color have in general they're are forced this image of what is beautiful and whats not if they are not close to white or white at all then it's not right we must stop being brainwashed into believing that we are less than anyone else and that we must conform to white or eurocentric beliefs of whats beautiful basically we must decide for ourselves and define for ourselves who and what we are stop being the white people's puppets and be the masters of our own fate it's sort of like black people and people of color period suffer from post traumatic stress disorder not trying to make fun of that disorder but that's what it seems like black people don't seem to understand that the western world fears black people especially intelligent and properly educated powerful black people the ones who have not learned by western standards but have truly dug deep enough and have navigated through all the bullshit and has put the puzzle together people like Malcolm X, Huey P. Newton, Marcus Garvey, Angela Davis, Fredrick Douglass, Assata Shakur, Tupac Shakur and even various Hispanic Revolutionaries such as Che Guevara and Carlo Montes which is why most people are not thought about these great people in western academia it's what they fear the most knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Fulaman198(m): 6:26am On Mar 21, 2015
African women are the best.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by TerryCarr(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
as far as i've seen black is beautiful so long as you like an Ethiopian or mixed tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anna Banner From Bayelsa Crowned MBGN 2013 / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video) / Black Miss Mexico, Andrea Meza Crowned Miss Universe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.