Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23390 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by experimentist: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
kulkatty: Hmmmm comparing eminem to lil wanye is like comparing a cat to a lion. Lil wanye is not close to eminem at all. With that his(lil wanye) scruffy looking body
so u sef knw rap? Nawao! End Time Things!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Promhize:

Its nt his fault, it's ignorance!

Lil wayne best mc? What won't I hear on nairaland. Lil wayne isn't even in top 30!
Anacksunamun: Hold up!! So since Wayne has more albums than Jay-Z, Nas,Tupac, Rakkim, Notorious B.I.G, Immortal Technique and co, he'd be greatest rapper of all time, dead or alive? LMAO!! gringrin Pass me your weed bro, it's a new breed. gringrin I'm done abeg, the discussion is getting childish. You win OP. I'm out. gringrin

be smart... most of his projects are mixtapes.. Jay-Z even said on DOA.I might send this to the mixtape weezy.. he has 10 albums and 15 mixtapes.. ( Google this).. and his feature verse game is unrivalled.
lil Wayne has the best top 100 by any rapper ever..most good rappers don't even have up to 100 dope songs
.he isn't the most lyrical..But with hardwork..he made it..
haters can hate till they die
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by emmiej: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz

Beta Pikin...@#TEAM-NAS...

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by emmiej: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz

Beta Pikin u be...don't mind dat lil-kids write up, what does he know... @#TEAM-NAS...
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

be smart... most of his projects are mixtapes.. Jay-Z even said on DOA.I might send this to the mixtape weezy.. he has 10 albums and 15 mixtapes.. ( Google this).. and I have all albums.. so you clearly don't know what you're saying

Anyone debating with you is wasting his/her time.

That was how late last year, one f**ker on this forum said Drake's better than Eminem and MMLP2 is crap.

Have u ever listened to scarface's music!

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by mindtricks: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Does op mean Lil sorry, Nas?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Promhize:

Anyone debating with you is wasting his/her time.

That was how late last year, one f**ker on this forum said Drake's better than Eminem and MMLP2 is crap.

Have u ever listened to scarface's music!

I like MMLP2..but it's more poppy than rap..it's not a pure rap album..even em admitted to this.. I enjoyed it tho.. relapse,recovery and encore was Shit tho..You heard those ones..I bet you haven't
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

I like MMLP2..but it's more poppy than rap..it's not a pure rap album..even em admitted to this.. I enjoyed it tho.. relapse,recovery and encore was Shit tho..You heard those ones..I bet you haven't

Ah ah ah, just say you prefer commercial rap or whatever they call it to real rap
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by hizaya61(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe: funny enough. they are my two favorite rappers of all time.
Eminem is my best then lil Wayne

Eminem's track (lose yourself) was so great

my best and the best rapper still remains Eminem, I'm a die hard fan of Eminem... he makes me hate 9ja music

I'll surely give best lyricist to lil Wayne.... his lyrics make sense die

i keep listening to lose yourself, cos very soon ama show people how great people how great i am, am gonna be the best kid in the world, am gonna be better than anybody yall ever known

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bjtinz: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Well, I'm not so much into this rap shyt, but I wud give it lil Wayne anyday. "Mirror on the wall" remains of my most favorite.

BTW why does everyone keep saying em murdered Wayne in "No love"? I've read the lyrics and yes Slim was literally on fire: "I get a hard dcck from the shhit that I stick it in", but Wayne was certainly no
walk over "I stay around fire expecting not to sweat"

bottom line: both guys are good in their own way.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
experimentist: so u sef knw rap? Nawao! End Time Things!
grin grin grin na so we see am o

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by emmiej: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
azimibraun: Son:Daddy what is Hip- Hop?

Father :Hip Hop is Nas

Son: I thought u will fail it

Father: No way son, I ws there when illmatic dropped

Son: and I was there when stillmatic dropped.

Father: and we ar both here when hip hop died.

Father and son rocking Nas in 2 diffrent generations.

100 likes
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
and HOV A mil' miles above Nas
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by ehixking(m): 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
This post going front page is a disgrace to the MOD, its unfair exposing the foolishness of a small STAN of lil wayne
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
bjtinz: Well, I'm not so much into this rap shyt, but I wud give it lil Wayne anyday. "Mirror on the wall" remains of my most favorite.

BTW why does everyone keep saying em murdered Wayne in "No love"? I've read the lyrics and yes Slim was literally on fire: "I get a hard dcck from the shhit that I stick it in", but Wayne was certainly no
walk over "I stay around fire expecting not to sweat"

bottom line: both guys are good in their own way.

Mirror is a very deep song..even my mum loves it!!! and she hates hip hop.. also I hate when people say em had a better verse on no love..he had a better flow..but Wayne's verse was deep..and the punchlines are deep!!!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Gynacologist(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
kendrick93: u dnt know hiphop. Calling songs lyk lollipop is a disgrace
tatz d worst luv song v eva heard
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by blessedweapon(m): 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
#ah rep NAS. U sabi wats up
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by simiolu1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
shymexx: Blasphemy!! Asinine!!! And utter ridiculous!!!!

You lot did't even say "Rapper" - MC yano. grin Do you even know what a MC is? You mean the same Lil Wayne who said more time he's just chatting shiit in his lyrics, ad he doesn't know why people like it. Yes, he had his run, just as Ja Rule and Nelly did their thing when they were on-top - but that's where it ends. You lot are crazy!

And Eminem again? I now see why naija has never produced any decent rapper/MC that can actually rap, since most of you are stuck on Lil Wayne and Eminem. You lot need to start studying what hip-hop is all about. Lyrics pattern. Bars. Punchlines. Metaphors. Similes. How to put a 16 together. etc.

This thread is just ridiculous. The God son, Nasty Nas, the illmatic, and stillmatic, Nasir "Oludara" Jones, is still alive - yet nobody mentioned the best lyricist. He dropped hip-hop's bible, Illmatic, at age 19 - the greatest rap album ever.

I'm out! SMFDH! undecided

I nearly fainted when I saw d Topic... And I really am tempted to ask how old d Op is.
But d issue here IMO is "Lil Wayne VS Eminem". If a Mod took a vote here and now; Eminem wins it (no contest).
Bringing Nas into this is another ball game entirely...

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Gynacologist(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
experimentist: Can't believe I read all this shitt! Damn! Very long shitt indeed! Oh well, no shits! Na pesin sidung write all this shits because of RAP! Damn shit! Psycho!

Lil wayne is a pu'ssy clot MC, Em is a cartoon MC- talks too muc.. Mad MC.. Who is the bad MC? Question, there's a lot of MCs.. Real Mcs. Hip hop is dead? Yeah, long ago. Where's rappers like Rakim, Busta Bus? Where's Nasty Nas? The truth is, true is bitter like Alomo... From OB to Falomo.. Omo, no be here..

Rappers recording real respectable rhymes randomly.. Abegi!
sounds lyk jesse jags flow?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by fijiano202(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jregz:
and HOV A mil' miles above Nas
mtschew...even pkomo self they call himself meat

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 3nairalandcom: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Makavelli is the greatest rapper alive, ask ghost!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
simiolu1:

I nearly fainted when I saw d Topic... And I really am tempted to ask how old d Op is.
But d issue here IMO is "Lil Wayne VS Eminem". If a Mod took a vote here and now; Eminem wins it (no contest).
Bringing Nas into this is another ball game entirely...

The funniest thing is: Drake is actually a better lyricist than Lil Wayne, when he raps. So that effectively makes Lil Wayne the 2nd best on Young Money. Tyga might even be a better rapper than Lil Wayne yano. And when Weezy was with BG, Juve, and Turk - both BG and Juve were far better than him. They wrote his lyrics back then.

Eminem is great but he's overrated as well.

The thread is useless - another unforgivable sin against hip-hop.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
kulkatty: Hmmmm comparing eminem to lil wanye is like comparing a cat to a lion. Lil wanye is not close to eminem at all. With that his(lil wanye) scruffy looking body
sure?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Ay92(m): 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
I read somewhere that Lil Wayne had to rewrite his verse after listening to Eminem's verse in Drake - forever.

To me, Eminem is best, Jay Z is better, Drake is good and then others follow.
#my opinion
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Bwaal(m): 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dont compare lil weezy wif any f**kin rapper i love weezy die hard fan no other song on my fone xcept weezy's tracks f*ck eminem he is a noise maker.....weezy is ntn buh a musical philosopher

team lil wayne 4 life
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by eminemkayc: 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wayne should be compard to bizarre of D12 not marshall.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by itachileemy(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op,WTF, comparing weezy with shady?? Seems to me lyk yhu just got into hiphop. . .and wats that shit bout marshal havin it easy? He worked For it. . .Op diz iz something even the gods know. .Emin3m is Hiphop. . .and i'm Stan gringringrin

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Ay92(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ay92: I read somewhere that Lil Wayne had to rewrite his verse after listening to Eminem's verse in Drake - forever.

To me, Eminem is best, Jay Z is better, Drake is good and then others follow.
#my opinion
oh! I forgot. Lil Wayne 's "dear Anne " is a remix to Eminem's "Stan ".
Sing for the moment is one of my favorite songs from Em
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by simiolu1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
shymexx:

The funniest thing is: Drake is actually a better lyricist than Lil Wayne, when he raps. So that effectively makes Lil Wayne the 2nd best on Young Money. Tyga might even be a better rapper than Lil Wayne yano. And when Weezy was with BG, Juve, and Turk - both BG and Juve were far better than him. They wrote his lyrics back then.

I generally don't like doin comparisms but d Op is way outa line on this one.
If U wanna compare; especially when it comes to giving an artiste a king in a particular genre of music, U don't compare apples to oranges.
Ops comparism is like sayin "Davido is better than Faze" just because Davido has more club bangers...
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
itachileemy: Op,WTF, comparing weezy with shady?? Seems to me lyk yhu just got into hiphop. . .and wats that shit bout marshal havin it easy? He worked For it. . .Op diz iz something even the gods know. .Emin3m is Hiphop. . .and i'm Stan gringringrin

the typical eminem reta**rded stans..making empty statements instead of backing it up with facts!!#
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
simiolu1:

I generally don't like doin comparisms but d Op is way outa line on this one.
If U wanna compare; especially when it comes to giving an artiste a king in a particular genre of music, U don't compare apples to oranges.
Ops comparism is like sayin "Davido is better than Faze" just because Davido has more club bangers...

sorry..I think you misunderstood me... my overall point is

Wayne makes better albums
he has better albums
he has more albums
he has more music
and is more enjoyable .
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
shymexx:

no no no
..Wayne is light years ahead of drake when it comes to rap.

drake makes more pop tracks these days..(Which I love)..but he's a weak artist with very poor lines and lyricism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.