Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,159 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23398 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
What reasonable hip hop head would even dream of having wayne in their top 10 let alone label him the greatest alive?? I'm still trying to get my head round this. Em destroys lil gayne in every damn aspect. Even the main stream audience still think em is better despite wayne wearing jeggings, trying to be a popstar, rockstar, etc just to boost record sales. The old cats are right, hip hop really is dead. Some people would call using autotune, singing through a whole song rap. Thats why idiots like trinidad james and lil b can come out and claim to be rappers.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287:
You mean the guy whose album hip hop critics everywhere agree to be the greatest ever?? Yeah right. Since u used metacritic as a basis to judge btwn weezy and em, cnn names nas the greatest rapper alive...

Nas is a great mc.. but he's not versatile enough to be the best.. he failed at being commercial.. most people respect him for this.,, but I don't..as a rapper you should be versatile and you should able to create different moods.. if you stick to one flow it gets boring
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by nosypat(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mynd44: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/nolove.html

follow that link, read it well and see how Lil wayne was killed when he stepped on the same track with Shady

Oh no, YOU should go back to the lyrics on that link and see how Lil Wayne murderd Eminem (so to speak).
His metaphors are just up and above Eminem's. And the Op is write, Eminem is incapable of a love tirade.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287: What reasonable hip hop head would even dream of having wayne in their top 10 let alone label him the greatest alive?? I'm still trying to get my head round this. Em destroys lil gayne in every damn aspect. Even the main stream audience still think em is better despite wayne wearing jeggings, trying to be a popstar, rockstar, etc just to boost record sales. The old cats are right, hip hop really is dead. Some people would call using autotune, singing through a whole song rap. Thats why idiots like trinidad james and lil b can come out and claim to be rappers.

how come metacritic rates Carter 3 higher than any eminem album (Google it to confirm).. a company of learned professionals.. stop making empty statements and back it up with facts..
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

how come metacritic rates Carter 3 higher than any eminem album (Google it to confirm).. a company of learned professionals.. stop making empty statements and back it up with facts..
Why in Gods name would i use metacritic as a barometer to determine how good an album is?? Heck i'd rather look at rolling stones, heck even complex before freaken metacritic.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
nosypat:

Oh no, YOU should go back to the lyrics on that link and see how Lil Wayne murderd Eminem (so to speak).
His metaphors are just up and above Eminem's. And the Op is write, Eminem is incapable of a love tirade.

finally..Someone with sense.. lil Wayne's lyrics in that song were deep and full of emotion..(the song and video depicts emotions cos it was about a kid being bullied...while emimem was just spilling shit and rapping fast..so kids like eminem stans will be impressed at the speed..while reasonable people will know lil Wayne killed the song .
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287:
Why in Gods name would i use metacritic as a barometer to determine how good an album is?? Heck i'd rather look at rolling stones, heck even complex before freaken metacritic.

rolling stones over metacritic? complex!!!!you're kidding right..I'm sorry but if you think rolling stones and complex rankings are more accurate than metacritic I can't take you seriously..bye
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287:
Carter 3 greater than the eminem show? Thats it, i'm done.

how come metacritic gives Carter 3 an 84 and gives the eminem show 75. That's a pretty big difference don't you think ,or are you more knowledgeable than the group of experts who give ratings on metacritic
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by sexzskil(f): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
So many people underrate Tunechi. He is my second best ever after Pac. Get this into your heads, Eeminem may be a better rapper than he is but when it comes to Lyrics, Wayne is out of this world. His prowess are unmatched even by Nas; Rakim, OutKasts, Talib Kweli, Common, Oludare Jones and the rest names you can bring up. Listen very well to No Love and you will c how Wayne murdered the song with in depth lyrics which even Slim himself can NEVER come across. Listen to those words coming out of his mouth in God Bless America and Drop The World. Tunechi is the greatest lyricist in the history of hip-hop!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
sexzskil: So many people underrate Tunechi. He is my second best ever after Pac. Get this into your heads, Eeminem may be a better rapper than he is but when it comes to Lyrics, Wayne is out of this world. His prowess are unmatched even by Nas; Rakim, OutKasts, Talib Kweli, Common, Oludare Jones and the rest names you can bring up. Listen very well to No Love and you will c how Wayne murdered the song with in depth lyrics which even Slim himself can NEVER come across. Listen to those words coming out of his mouth in God Bless America and Drop The World. Tunechi is the greatest lyricist in the history of hip-hop!

exactly bro..even nas respects him and said it publicly ..and the only time they collaborated on
Ghetto Rich ft nas,lil Wayne and john legend..lil Wayne had the best verse!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by twentycent(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
olubukato:

chop knuckle..... Ur head dey dia joo..

Dat is to say dat = ori e wa nibe
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 5iveC(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

his love songs can't compare to Wayne's

Listen to
someone you forgot
with you
I'm single
lollipop
back to you
she will
Dude, ain't in for that love songs comparism bulls.hit.. I'm talkn about bn an Emcee in all ramifications. I look at Em and i see an Emcee who can spit, rhyme, and relate to every average buddy out there on the street. He is just that bridge between the good old hardcore an what is obtainable today in the rap game. rank Em among d greatest between 5-7. Damn all those "white boy" racist stereotype against him.
FOR THE RECORDS: i like wayne though. atleast i've been bangn the carter IV and some of his joints 4 yrs now.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 5iveC(m): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
sexzskil: So many people underrate Tunechi. He is my second best ever after Pac. Get this into your heads, Eeminem may be a better rapper than he is but when it comes to Lyrics, Wayne is out of this world. His prowess are unmatched even by Nas; Rakim, OutKasts, Talib Kweli, Common, Oludare Jones and the rest names you can bring up. Listen very well to No Love and you will c how Wayne murdered the song with in depth lyrics which even Slim himself can NEVER come across. Listen to those words coming out of his mouth in God Bless America and Drop The World. Tunechi is the greatest lyricist in the history of hip-hop!

swthrt, plz don't compare wayne to common on the basis of lyrics. Common is a "lyrical god". Listen to 'I use to love H.E.R' and 'the light'. and If you stil doubt me listen to jay z's 'just died in your arms' and hear jigga's assertion 2dat fact.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
fijiano202: so u mean me and the 31 people that liked my post dont know anything abt music than u alone ..smh...a foool says in his heart that theres no God

popular opinion means it's right?.. lol popular opinion doesn't mean shit... did popular opinion believe Jesus? dude don't bring that popular opinion Shit here
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by valboy20(m): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
sexzskil: I hereby proclaim 2 Pac Omari Shakur the greatest MC in the history of hip hop. With the authority bestowed on me, i now declare Tunechi the most prolific lyricist in the history of rap music. Take a chill pill and go listen to his lyrics in Drop The World, I Feel Like Dying, John, President Carter, Pvssy Money weed, Prom Queen, God Bless America, Blooded, Mirror,etc,etc. You can't just sit down in one place and start criticising him badly due to his over indulgence in s*ex, money and weed matters. Lil wayne's words tourch all aspects of life, while Slim Shady doesn't come up to half of that. I agree, he is a better rapper than Lil Wayne but the only 2 artists who can measure up in term of lyrics are Nas and Rakim. Shady may be a rap god, but Tunechi is the God of lyrics, his words are out of this world. Wayne's persona, dress style set him out of the pack; they support every form of his own life, struggle, distress he has lived, sang and rapped about. Sometimes he uses themes such as sex as an allegory of life and spirituality(i.e,pvssy, money, weed).

Moreover Wayne had been in the game long before Shady. Wayne active 1991-present, Slim active 1995-present. The only thing the former didn't gat to survive in limelight in that era, since 91 he got signed to Baby's Cash Money Republic was STAR POWER. Eminem gat more star power

Tunech is the greatest lyricist of all time however good Eminem is in rapping

like how many wraps you on now?
no human in his right sense will type this bullocks. "lil Wayne the greatest lyricist of all time"

Have you heard anything from CANIBUS...pretty sure you don't know him. listen to his songs and you'll come back to modify this garbage you called post.

I strongly believe you're a newb in the game... check out these MCs and you'll understand what RAP's all 'bout:
Tech n9ne, Rakim, Nas, Kool g rap, immortal technique, Canibus, Big daddy kane, Krs-one, Slick rick, Jadakiss, Scarface, Ghostfacekilla, Methodman, Mobb deep, Joe budden(anything from slaughterhouse), Mos def, Talib kweli, Common, public enemy, LL cool J and lastly the Compton king Lamar.
they're few of the MCs that are still keeping the culture (rap) alive.

P.S. shady and jigga were purposely ommited 'cause you know 'em too well.
snoop lion sold out, no longer relevant.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Kentura(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
I'm a die hard fan of tunechi ever since I knew him... Eminem might be better than him, buh when it comes to Lyrics... There aint no godamn niqqa near Wayne!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by itachileemy(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
tired of listening to diz shit *packs his load, screams iam stan and runs outta the thread* gringrin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Godwin10:

I know
tongue tongue
but how come a girl picks interest in hardcore rap
....hmmmm

hey, that sure makes you a dude, not just a dude buh a nigga. cheesy cheesy

hmmmm okk
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
shymexx:

The funniest thing is: Drake is actually a better lyricist than Lil Wayne, when he raps. So that effectively makes Lil Wayne the 2nd best on Young Money. Tyga might even be a better rapper than Lil Wayne yano. And when Weezy was with BG, Juve, and Turk - both BG and Juve were far better than him. They wrote his lyrics back then.

Eminem is great but he's overrated as well.

The thread is useless - another unforgivable sin against hip-hop.

Drake better than Wayne ? Lmao.......
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jregz:

lol
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by herald9: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jregz:

You don't think So?

You are better than this na?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
You don't think So?

You are better than this na?
Drake's only better than Wayne In other genres not rap grin grin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Vicotex(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2014
Jregz:
Drake's only better than Wayne In other genres not rap grin grin
lil wanye is no where near schoolboy Q when it comes to lyric. Don't joke with T.D.E niggas dude!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by prof800(m): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Am I loosing my mind?
Or the OP and his supporters are just underaged delusionists?
Lil Wayne...
Slim Shady...?
Ah ha!
Somebody please BAN me!

Are we talking about the academy award winning shady?
Who has been in business since 1990.?
The KING OF HIP HOP?
A rapper with a career that has spanned 24 years and counting (maybe older than the OP)?

Lil Wayne we know, is a swagger lyricist. He depends on flows to run the MIC, Eminem doesn't. It is a grave insult to even dare compare him with Eminem.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bossanmayor(m): 9:23am On Jul 22, 2014
lil Wayne is genus with hot lyrical
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2014
Vicotex: lil wanye is no where near schoolboy Q when it comes to lyric. Don't joke with T.D.E niggas dude!
Lol....I didn't even say nothing bouta top dawg niggers

Btw I laff u ....Wayne is too under-rated ......Go listen to Carter 111 or Stay tuned with His Carter 5 ......Fyi, I have Every Q.song On my phone, His album, oxymoron
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2014
infoscope:

A post this lengthy without a paragraph? Are you high on rap??

God! you be beta pikin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nmeri17: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=JUHABACH][/quote]

epic!!! grin grin grin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2014
op you should apologize to real fans of rap for putting lil wayne on the same write up with all those MCs. even lil wayne na small pikin for where TDE niggas,j cole,crooked i and even rick ross dey.not to talk of disrespecting hova,shady and nas by calling lil Wayne greatest alive.
lil wayne should be compared to asap rocky and his shitty crew asap mobs
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by robinicule(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2014
Am a cool fan of rap, weather eminem or lilwayne, both are good, but lil wayne is like a buddha of rap, his raps are like bible verses, anytime u listen to d same rap, u grab more punch lines...eminem on d oda hand can rap at length dats wat he is good at....*myview
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by robinicule(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2014
bossanmayor: lil Wayne is genus with hot lyrical
am telling u ...... dis niggas refuse to assimilate, his raps ar like bible verses u always find new meaning to dem
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2014
same lil wayne that jay z murdered with one verse in mr carter.
the thing that make lil wayne popular is that he raps about what this generation always want to hear i.e money,drugs and girls....lil wayne raps are filled with lyrical blunders

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.