Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) (10681 Views)

Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
JesusisLord85: Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The apostate seed is fighting with Esau. Heck, the apostate seed is probably a seed of his also. What is it to you, if the Most High has it in his plan to cause these to totally destroy one another. Let us rebuild our nation.

Shalom

Arrant nonsense.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Arrant nonsense.

Speak up.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by mazaje(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Two wrongs do not make a right.

However, I do share some of your sentiment.....let's say that Palestine defeats the Jews....what happens next? Another sharia country where atheists are executed, women stoned and adulterers flogged. undecided

Hamas have made it clear that their intention is to build an islamic country over the bodies of the jews after they have obliterated them. . .How do you reason with people who have vowed to obliterate you as a mode of worship?. . .People who believe that they are doing their god a duty by fighting you?. . .the ONLY language such animals understand is superior fire power. . .That is the ONLY language they understand. . .You think if Hamas has atomic bombs today they will hesitate in using it on the Jews?. . .
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Chill out guys. This is not a laughing situation but I did giggle a bit when I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_m98GAdqKM
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by abdulwastecx(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Will you shut up?

What has bombing a UN school that had no history of hamas terrorists got to do with Isrealis protecting themselves?

What about the racist treatment of Isreali Arabs or Jewish women who marry Arabs in Isreal?

Both sides have messed up....I cant side both but the fact remains that Isreal has blood on its hands. (so do hamas)

to me this is the best comment here...
we need to stop taking side and be truthful to outself.
Israeli are killing innocent women and children, this is what matter to us, it is wrong to kill children and women no matter what.

We know the racist and tribalism that exist within arabs and non arab but that doesn't necessitate for ethnically cleanse that is going on in Gaza

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by abdulwastecx(m): 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
MrAnony1:
So rather than address the fact that Hamas use their own children as human shields, you choose to bring up red herrings like the crusades which no one is talking about and spice it up with ad hominem by suggesting that I'm a hypocritical pharisee instead of refuting my statements. It just shows me how unwilling you are to hold an accurate account of the events.

If you were of God you would have sought to present the whole truth and nothing but the truth but alas you aren't for the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Truth and no one who is of God knowingly promotes a lie. It is the devil who is the father of all liars and when you lie, you speak his language.

This is a very stupid and ignorant statement....

look at it this way, what of if the yoruba people of south western Nigeria started killing women and children in eastern Nigeria after occupying igbo state of say enugu, imo and anambra at thesame time justifying their occupation with a book written by Yoruba's and also accusing igbos of terrorism at thesame time

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
This is my first post on NL ever. It's oddly sad seeing brilliant folks like you mercilessly shoot each other out of the sky like that; particularly since I don't care about religion anymore and I initially thought I'll enjoy seeing religious folks trip over the jumble of contradicting bible verses (which, of course, they'll never acknowledge) that has been thrown about. But it's just plain sad to see how blinded by our various faith tinted bais we are, and how blind we are to our blindness such that we can not see what is actually sadder - the fact that PEOPLE are killing PEOPLE!! and not care so much about their religious, political or racial affiliations, or who started the assault or didn't acknowledge the ceasefire in the past, or paddles the nasty propaganda or whatever. Brothers, "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind" and "two wrongs don't make a right". It's just so sickening when I see people try to justify murder, especially from a myopic, closed minded worldview. That is how we got to where we are in the first place; picking sides, being prejudiced and spreading hate, forgetting that we are all god's children (created in his image as some of you may claim). At times like this, belonging to the human race is such a sad reality for me. I wonder if we are going to be forever slaves to our base human nature, can't we ever learn to love beyond the perceived boundaries of our communities and affiliations? Can't we rise above hate and prejudice as a race? Can't we learn to live and let live? I rather not hear the answer because I think it'll be more gloomy than optimistic. I rest my case...waiting to see it burst into flames by your fiery, top notch intellectual missiles.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by abdulwastecx(m): 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xcapist: This my first post on NL ever. And it's oddly sad seeing brilliant folks like you mercilessly shoot each other out of the sky like that; particularly since I don't care about religion anymore and I initially thought I'll enjoy seeing religious folks trip over the jumble of contradicting bible verses (which of course they'll never acknowledge) that has been thrown about. But it's just plain sad to see how blinded by our various faith tinted baise we are such that we can not see what is actually sadder - the fact that PEOPLE are killing PEOPLE and not care so much about their religious, political or racial affiliations, or who starting the assault or didn't acknowledge the ceasefire in the past, or the dirty propaganda being paddled or whatever...pals, "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind" and "two wrongs don't make a right". It's just so sickening when I see people trying to justify murder, especially from their myopic, closed minded worldview. That is how we got to where we are in the first place; picking sides, being prejudiced and spreading hate, forgetting that we are all god's children (created in his image as some of you may claim). At times like this, belonging to the human race is such a sad reality for me. Are we going to be forever slaves to our base human nature, can we ever learn to love beyond the boundaries of our perceived communities and affiliations? Can we rise above hate and prejudice as a race? Can we learn to live and let live? The answer seem more gloomy than optimistic to me. I rest my case...waiting to see it burst into flames by your fiery, top notch intellectual missiles.

thank you brother. ... religious believe is human number 1 problem. it is wrong to a fellow human for any course
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 31, 2014
JesusisLord85:

You stumbled again friend. Jew = Judah and Benjamin. Where were the lost sheep of the northern Kingdom? Scattered everywhere. Cornelius was an Israelite of the northern Kingdom (You have inspired me to do a topic on this, coming soon). The Jews thought God was only dealing with the Kingdom of Judah.Not so. He was calling Israel back also.

Please I will appreciate it if you quote my comments and answer them one by one.

Acts 10:45
because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

What does the word "gentile" mean? and is a jew of the Northen tribe called a gentile?

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah"

Who else wrote to the 'scattered'? Hmm lets see:

1 Peter 1:1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,"

The gentiles were grafted into this figurative Israel. This is evident from Paul's words at Romans 11:13. Paul recognized himself as an apostles to the gentiles. He also stated that some of the jews were broken off from the figurative olive tree, so that the gentiles were grafted in. verse 17.

It is this new Israel that God initiated from Cornelius, who was the first gentile convert, onwards.

The scriptures called it the "Israel of God". Gal 6:16. From pentacost, God establish this work to form a congregation of spiritual Israelites.

Peter was writing his letter to Christians in those cities he was writing. Of course true Christians are temporal residents, in that they are no part of the world, and they proclaim a heavenly kingdom. Peter does not mean that he was writing to the Jews in those cities.

His letter was meant for those who "were once not a people, but (who) are now God’s people". 1Pet. 2:10. Could that possibly be the Jews?

Your pride is really a disadvantage. This little things you should know. Even about cornelius is so sad you even argue that one. Pride, pride.

The biggest lie in your religion is that the laws (which are everlasting, from generation to generation), no longer need to be observed. What is most absurd is that the church claims to observe the 10 commandments (apparently, this, and love, is all Yahshua commanded), and yet they forget the sabbath, to keep it holy.

Matthew 23:38 does not say "your house has abandoned you". Stop reading from the weed smokers bible. It says "Your house is left desolate". Even if it had said that, what the heck would you be trying to prove.

Where did you get that quotation of Matt 23:38 from? For KJV did not say so in that bible portion.

Your pride will really lead you astray.

2. Col 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
NIV

Read the context and then tell me what you understand.

"You are all heirs", you say. Who was he talking to? Well, go and read my thread on Galatians, and your answer will be there brother.

You ve not responded to my question:

We read from 26:

YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28[size=16] There is neither Jew nor Greek[/size], there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29[size=16] Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise[/size]

Who was Paul writing that to, only Jews? How will people of other race view Paul's writing, that they are invited, but rejected anyway?

Whatever answered my question in you thread, import it here.

Keep the law.

Revelation 14:12: Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Yeshua.
Revelation 22:14: Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

So, if you here commandment of God, your mind will flash to the Mosaic Law?

Read Col 2:14 and tell me what you understand. Pls remove pride, if not, you wont understand anything there.

Gal 3:23-25

However, before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under law, being delivered up together into custody, looking to the faith that was destined to be revealed. 24 Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor.

What was described as being a tutor, and are TRUE Christians under a tutor?

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2014
^^^ beautiful indeed.

Knowing jesusislord, he will come back picking random quotes from malakai or Amos or one of the old books to respond to the new. He knows nothing about the new. This is the same guy that said he never read the book of Romans, I was gobsmacked when I heard that. How does one understand Christianity without understanding the most important book that defines what the faith is all about..

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2014
abdulwastecx:

This is a very stupid and ignorant statement....

look at it this way, what of if the yoruba people of south western Nigeria started killing women and children in eastern Nigeria after occupying igbo state of say enugu, imo and anambra at thesame time justifying their occupation with a book written by Yoruba's and also accusing igbos of terrorism at thesame time

I think the difference between your analogy and the reality on ground is that the igbos seem to be the victim, but in reality the Arab world is after obliterating the Jews at all cost justifying their action by their book as well. Both sides seem to see themselves as victims hence they both use whatever they have to their advantage to immolate the other.

The question we should be asking is if the Arabs will tolerate non-Muslims and not see them as infidels deserving to die?

If Arabs(Muslims) can do away with the sharia law that supports mutilating humans and killings in the name of religion?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

I think the difference between your analogy and the reality on ground is that the igbos seem to be the victim, but in reality the Arab world is after obliterating the Jews at all cost justifying their action by their book as well. Both sides seem to see themselves as victims hence they both use whatever they have to their advantage to immolate the other.

The question we should be asking is if the Arabs will tolerate non-Muslims and not see them as infidels deserving to die?

If Arabs(Muslims) can do away with the sharia law that supports mutilating humans and killings in the name of religion?

That question in the bold is a very excellent question. While I cannot speak for today, I think we can answer it for the centuries past. Will Arabs tolerate non-muslims?

Have they tolerated nonmuslims in the past? Have they tolerated Jews? There were always Jews in Palestine even while it was until the Islamic Ottoman empire. And they fared well. So the answer to that question is

Yes They have always tolerated non muslims, especially Jews and Jews have prospered in Muslim lands. Far more so than they have in christian lands.

But that is no longer the case. What happened? What changed? If we can answer this then it'll throw a lot of light on the matter that we are seeing.

The British have a lot to answer for.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2014
PastorAIO:

That question in the bold is a very excellent question. While I cannot speak for today, I think we can answer it for the centuries past. Will Arabs tolerate non-muslims?

Have they tolerated nonmuslims in the past? Have they tolerated Jews? There were always Jews in Palestine even while it was until the Islamic Ottoman empire. And they fared well. So the answer to that question is

Yes They have always tolerated non muslims, especially Jews and Jews have prospered in Muslim lands. Far more so than they have in christian lands.

But that is no longer the case. What happened? What changed? If we can answer this then it'll throw a lot of light on the matter that we are seeing.

The British have a lot to answer for.

Apart from the 6 million Jews Catholic Hitler wiped out , Europe has been known for it's intermittent but brutal pogroms of Jews in which millions were butchered , others forced to convert and still others exiled. So when it comes to tolerance the Christian religion has actually done far more evil to the Jews.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by BrotherJohn: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel:

Apart from the 6 million Jews Catholic Hitler wiped out , Europe has been known for it's intermittent but brutal pogroms of Jews in which millions were butchered , others forced to convert and still others exiled. So when it comes to tolerance the Christian religion has actually done far more evil to the Jews.

I like the way you put it, Christian religion, not true Christianity. For it was that same religious system that killed Jesus Christ after accusing Him of blasphemy.

True Christianity and Christian Religion are two different things.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by BrotherJohn: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
I like to ask questions that make sense instead of arguing blindly over facts that I have no clue about.

#1. Would God be happy at the death of one of these people - Jewish or Palestinian?
#2. Where are the Hamas fighters getting their weapons from? Who is supplying them?
#3. Who are the manufacturers of these weapons to Israel and Hamas, are we sure it is not the same company?
Mind you, UK sells weapons to Russia.
#4. Would it be safe to use your (school) shelter as a place to launch or store weapons/missiles?
#5. Who actually has the upper hand in this war - considering overwhelming weaponry sophistication?
#6. If you are fighting with a much more powerful enemy and he says let us sit and discuss terms of ceasefire - what would you do - ignore him or sit down and discuss?
#7. What would you prefer kill 1 person and lose 100 in return?
#8. What is the true role of the US in this war? Are they not openly criticizing Israel but still supplying them with weapons?
#9. Is it okay to use innocent people as human shields?
#10. Is it okay to fire your rockets or missiles without a specific military target?
#11. Does one side's irresponsibility toward civilian deaths absolve the other's?
#12. By the way, who started this recent fight? Does this "person" not expect retaliation?
#13. When the mosquito is biting its victim what is the response of bystanders - usually NONE. But when the victim fights back with insecticide spray - should the bystander complain of heavy-handedness?
#14. "Attack is the best form of defence" - Are both parties not using this maxim?
#15. What amount of destruction would have happened in Israel if all the Hamas bombs had been landing successfully in Israel?
#16. Someone is actually making money from this conflict and can't be bothered by who is dying or not - children or innocents - who is this "Someone"?

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/30/5937119/palestinian-civilian-casualties-gaza-israel
Amnesty International, which has a number of people on the ground in Gaza and consistently condemns Israeli and Palestinian abuses alike, announced recently on its site that it does not see proof of Hamas using human shield — but they added an important asterisk.

"Palestinian armed groups have stored munitions in and fired indiscriminate rockets from residential areas in the Gaza Strip," an Amnesty report noted recently. The groups have also "reportedly urged residents in some areas of the Gaza Strip not to leave their homes" after Israel had warned it would attack the area, all of which have the effect of putting Palestinians at risk in the fighting.

An important secondary question, though, is whether they do this out of a deliberate desire to hide behind (or even provoke the bombing of) Palestinian civilians, or out of simple disregard for putting those civilians at risk.

Some observers argue that Hamas is more than just indifferent to civilian deaths, and may be doing something even worse than hiding behind them: that the group actively wants Israel to kill Palestinian civilians so that Hamas can rally world opinion against Israel.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The degree of ignorance and stupidity in this country is alarming..... ok istreal is a peace country because it is prophesied in the bible and hence the Palestinian are at the one to blame for being killed by a superior military state.

Religious believe is dangerous to humanity, believing in some fairytales written by some bias myopic sadist and racist poets is one of the reason for all the calamity facing humanity.

we should condemn the action of tyranny and devilish istreali state not based on religion but as humanity.

by the way istreal is a jewish state
check out demography of istreal
74% jew
19% islam
3% xtian
4% others
Bros you are the one misunderstanding things, i didn't say because isreal is in the bible it is a peaceful country. Isreal cannot go to fight without a reason, when the palestines struck, nobody complained, isreal retaliated, you are crying foul. You don't believe in religion, that one is your own delusion, guy i'm not the perfect christian but due to things that have happened to me, i believe in Religion, I believe there are spirits, i believe the spiritual controls the physical and most importantly, i believe there is black magic.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weselion: Bros you are the one misunderstanding things, i didn't say because isreal is in the bible it is a peaceful country. Isreal cannot go to fight without a reason, when the palestines struck, nobody complained, isreal retaliated, you are crying foul. You don't believe in religion, that one is your own delusion, guy i'm not the perfect christian but due to things that have happened to me, i believe in Religion, I believe there are spirits, i believe the spiritual controls the physical and most importantly, i believe there is black magic.

Do you know how many times isreal has broken the peace treaty?

Even look at CNN today, the UN is blaming isreal for killing innocent people....it bombed a UN school building that had nothing to do with hamas or the war. Child killers
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Do you know how many times isreal has broken the peace treaty?

Even look at CNN today, the UN is blaming isreal for killing innocent people....it bombed a UN school building that had nothing to do with hamas or the war. Child killers
there are many perspectives actually. Try to get the full picture first.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joshthefirst: there are many perspectives actually. Try to get the full picture first.

Stop ANONYNIZING. A school that had nothing to do with the war or Hamas was bombed. Who were they looking for in the school? A UN school for that matter?

There are no perspectives when a school with innocent civilians is chosen to be bombed when a ceasefire has been called and the school had nothing to do with their target.

Perspective;
A UN SCHOOL IS BOMBED-CHILDREN AND CIVILIANS WERE KILLED (0 HAMAS WOUNDED)

Ihedinobi2; Isreal was only defending itself (against children and unarmed civilians)
Anony; Hamas is hiding behind children (Children must be missile/bulletproof since Hamas were unscathed)
Facts; Isreal went too far with the bombing and killed innocent people
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
Weselion: Bros you are the one misunderstanding things, i didn't say because isreal is in the bible it is a peaceful country. Isreal cannot go to fight without a reason, when the palestines struck, nobody complained, isreal retaliated, you are crying foul. You don't believe in religion, that one is your own delusion, guy i'm not the perfect christian but due to things that have happened to me, i believe in Religion, I believe there are spirits, i believe the spiritual controls the physical and most importantly, i believe there is black magic.

Palestinians did not struck anything. 3 jewish kids got missing and they were found dead. Then without any proof that it was any palestinians that killed the kids the Israelis started bombarding Palestine. Even if it was a palestinian, could it have been a lone palestinian mass murderer, or even an israeli murderer? Why would the entire palestinian people have to suffer like that?

It is barbaric what Israel is doing. They should first do a thorough investigation into the death of those kids. Are they trying to say that if an israeli kid should trip and hurt himself today, 1000 palestinians my die for that tomorrow?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
JMAN05:
What does the word "gentile" mean? and is a jew of the Northen tribe called a gentile?
His letter was meant for those who "were once not a people, but (who) are now God’s people". 1Pet. 2:10. Could that possibly be the Jews?
You spoke a lot of rubbish. I have highlighted two, so you humble yourself and not magnify yourself.

FIRST. And listen, because this is not that difficult to understand.
Your first quote above is what we call an oxymoron.
A Jew is a man of Judah or Benjamin. FACT (wikipedia will help you there if you don't trust the word). Only in modern times has it been used as a blanket term to mean anyone 'Jewish'. Therefore, a man of Ephraim (the head tribe of the northern kingdom) cannot be a Jew. If you want precepts for that simple fact, ask and I will reign them down. But let me get to the real meat.

Not a people? Not a people? Not a people? IN YOUR MIND, this means the chinese, the british, the indians.
Well, I have news for you. Grab your bible and I will break that down Isaiah style. Precept upon precept.

Lets looks at this verse first
Romans 11:11 "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy."

Ok. 'provoke to jealousy'.. Guess what, Paul is doing what he does, teach the law. If you bothered to read the law, you would recognise he is quoting Deuteronomy 32:21
" They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation"

How do I know he is referencing Moses? Well, because he says so again in Romans 10:19

Romans 10:19 "But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you."

Ok, so we are getting somewhere. Stay with me, lest you fall fully for that crazy drug called christianity they feeding you on sunday.

1 Peter 2:10 "Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy"

So we have established a precept. NOW, I will prove to you that the nation he refers to is none other than the Northern Kingdom, which was torn from David. Ready? Ok lets continue.

Isaiah 7:8 "For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people"

Who is Ephraim? Head of the Northern Kingdom. So there you have it. The gentiles in your bible are indeed the people of Ephraim who were scattered. Go and read 2 Kings 17, because it is obvious you don't even realise that the land (northern kingdom) was inhabited by the heathen for many years after northern Israel was taken into captivity. Judah remained in her land.

Regarding Cornelius. Don't worry. In the same way I destroyed your useless, baseless, christian statement quoted above, I shall do the same with that presumption.

I may sounds angry, and 'un-loving'. It is because I love my brothers, and they must be rebuked.

Isaiah 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."

Shalom
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
^^^

you are a black Hebrew Israelite ?

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 03, 2014
How can you continue to support Israel.

Watch this heart breaking video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v19FBoMOAE4
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by ihedinobi2: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Stop ANONYNIZING. A school that had nothing to do with the war or Hamas was bombed. Who were they looking for in the school? A UN school for that matter?

There are no perspectives when a school with innocent civilians is chosen to be bombed when a ceasefire has been called and the school had nothing to do with their target.

Perspective;
A UN SCHOOL IS BOMBED-CHILDREN AND CIVILIANS WERE KILLED (0 HAMAS WOUNDED)

Ihedinobi2; Isreal was only defending itself (against children and unarmed civilians)
Anony; Hamas is hiding behind children (Children must be missile/bulletproof since Hamas were unscathed)
Facts; Isreal went too far with the bombing and killed innocent people

What's my moniker doing here?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 7:57am On Aug 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:
What's my moniker doing here?

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 04, 2014
JesusisLord85:
You spoke a lot of rubbish. I have highlighted two, so you humble yourself and not magnify yourself.

FIRST. And listen, because this is not that difficult to understand.
Your first quote above is what we call an oxymoron.
A Jew is a man of Judah or Benjamin. FACT (wikipedia will help you there if you don't trust the word). Only in modern times has it been used as a blanket term to mean anyone 'Jewish'. Therefore, a man of Ephraim (the head tribe of the northern kingdom) cannot be a Jew. If you want precepts for that simple fact, ask and I will reign them down. But let me get to the real meat.

It is true that the word Jew issue from Judah, the word at first was used for his family, but it was not limited to that later.

Jer. 34:9

“Let each one his manservant and each one his maidservant, Hebrew man and Hebrew woman, go free, in order not to use them as servants, that is, a Jew, who is his brother.”

This will help from Strong's encyclopedia

During the captivity the term seems to have been extended (see Josephus, Ant. 11, 5, 6) to all the people of the Hebrew language and country, without distinction (Est 3:6,9; Dan 3:8,12); and this loose application of the name was preserved after the restoration to Palestine (Hag 1:14; 2:2; Ezra 4:12; 5:1,5; Neh 1:2; 2:16; 5:1,8,17), when it came to denote not only every descendant of Abraham in the largest possible sense (2 Macc. 9:17; John 4:9; Acts 18:2,24, etc.), especially in opposition to foreigners ("Jews and Greeks," Acts 14:1; 18:4; 19:10; 1 Cor 1:23,24), but even proselytes who had no blood-relation to the Hebrews (Acts 2:5; comp. 10). An especial use of the term is noticeable in the Gospel of John, where it frequently stands for the chief Jews, the elders, who were opposed to Christ (John 1:19; 5; 15; 16; 7:1,11,13; 9:22; 18:12,14, etc.; comp. Acts 23:20). See JUDAH.
(from McClintock and Strong Encyclopedia, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Not a people? Not a people? Not a people? IN YOUR MIND, this means the chinese, the british, the indians.
Well, I have news for you. Grab your bible and I will break that down Isaiah style. Precept upon precept.

Lets looks at this verse first
Romans 11:11 "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy."

Ok. 'provoke to jealousy'.. Guess what, Paul is doing what he does, teach the law. If you bothered to read the law, you would recognise he is quoting Deuteronomy 32:21
" They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation"

How do I know he is referencing Moses? Well, because he says so again in Romans 10:19

Romans 10:19 "But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you."

When Moses wrote that in Deut 32 were Ephraimites there and was the Law meant for them too? If yes, is it plausible then that Moses to conclude that when Moses said "not a people", he is referring to them?

Ok, so we are getting somewhere. Stay with me, lest you fall fully for that crazy drug called christianity they feeding you on sunday.

1 Peter 2:10 "Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy"

So we have established a precept. NOW, I will prove to you that the nation he refers to is none other than the Northern Kingdom, which was torn from David. Ready? Ok lets continue.

Isaiah 7:8 "For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people"

Who is Ephraim? Head of the Northern Kingdom. So there you have it. The gentiles in your bible are indeed the people of Ephraim who were scattered. Go and read 2 Kings 17, because it is obvious you don't even realise that the land (northern kingdom) was inhabited by the heathen for many years after northern Israel was taken into captivity. Judah remained in her land.

Regarding Cornelius. Don't worry. In the same way I destroyed your useless, baseless, christian statement quoted above, I shall do the same with that presumption.

I may sounds angry, and 'un-loving'. It is because I love my brothers, and they must be rebuked.

Isaiah 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins."

Shalom

At Deutronomy 32:21, How sensible is it to think that Ephraim who was part of that nation is that "people" spoken of in that verse? At Isaiah 7:8, the scripture shows that Ephraim would in the future not be "a people". Does this not mean that they were previously a people?

This prophesy began in the rule of Pekah and ended after the rule of Esar-haddon of Assyria.

After the exile of Judah to babylon, Judah and Northern tribe reunited. So that the difference were no longer there again. At Ezra 6:16 we are told that a sacrifice corresponding to the "12 tribe of Israel" were made. Jah stated that he will build both lands as he did in the start (Jer. 33:7). So the separation and there not being people were fulfilled in that there land were taken from them cos of there bad habit. God later accepted them, and viewed them as before. as a people.

So the statement of Paul and Peter cannot be applied to them anymore as not being a people. In the book of Esther 3:6; 9:20 it is shown that these northern tribe is also viewed as the Jews. As such, gentile does not apply to them. Anna was of the Northern tibe too. Luke 2:36.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
PastorAIO:

Palestinians did not struck anything. 3 jewish kids got missing and they were found dead. Then without any proof that it was any palestinians that killed the kids the Israelis started bombarding Palestine. Even if it was a palestinian, could it have been a lone palestinian mass murderer, or even an israeli murderer? Why would the entire palestinian people have to suffer like that?

It is barbaric what Israel is doing. They should first do a thorough investigation into the death of those kids. Are they trying to say that if an israeli kid should trip and hurt himself today, 1000 palestinians my die for that tomorrow?

Okay i agree but please explain this http://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014.

Palestine has fired over 3055 rocket bomb into isreal just from january to july alone, Nobody complained, Isreal retaliate, everybody is complaining.

Palestine know isreal is stronger but they keep on looking for trouble, Isreal kept quiet till late July. Even countries that are not as powerful as isreal would have retaliated since. Just imagine one rocket bomb is sent from Nigeria to Russia, what do you think would happen immediately?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=JMAN05]

It is true that the word Jew issue from Judah, the word at first was used for his family, but it was not limited to that later.

Jer. 34:9

“Let each one his manservant and each one his maidservant, Hebrew man and Hebrew woman, go free, in order not to use them as servants, that is, a Jew, who is his brother.”

1. Short lesson on the history of Israel and Judah. Solomon sinned, and it was prophesied (yes, the [true] prophets are always right)
that the Kingdom would be split into two. Judah (the Southern Kingdom), and a Northern Kingdom centred in Samaria (Ephraim was the leading tribe). In reality, Judah included Benjamin and some Levites.

2. 722 BC God divorced the northern Kingdom (10 tribes) of Israel for their idolatry and allowed them to be carried into captivity in Assyria.

3. 586 BC Judah also went into captivity into Babylon. After 70 years in captivity, Judah was able to return to Israel and rebuild the temple

4. Jeremiah was among the Jews during their captivity. When he speaks of Jews, you can be sure he was talking about Judah. The Northern Kingdom were carried off well over a hundred years previous. Therefore, you quote above is redundant. Let's move on.

Moses wrote that in Deut 32 were Ephraimites there and was the Law meant for them too? If yes, is it plausible then that Moses to conclude that when Moses said "not a people", he is referring to them?

This quote highlights you don't have the background. Moses gave a prophecy. That, at the time when God would punish the people, he would them to jealousy with a people who at the time appointed, would not be considered a people, by those who are in the covenant. That is the beauty of prophecy, if you put yourself in their time, you would never have guessed. We have the beauty of hindsight. And did it happen? Yes.
The Ammorites are a people. The Moabites were a people. Edom are a people. The people you claim were NOT a people, also had names jare. Is it not Edom (Rome) which is ruling this earth, and who came into Jerusalem in 70ad and expelled the Jews? So, again, you argument is null and void.

Also, what are you saying about them having to keep a law. At the time the prophecy was given, Israel was one nation. Ephraim existed as a tribe, and Judah was the head tribe of all Israel. At the splitting, Ephraim was the leader of Northern Israel. They were carried off into captivity, never to return, and therefore ceased to be a nation. Simple.

After the exile of Judah to babylon, Judah and Northern tribe reunited. So that the difference were no longer there again. At Ezra 6:16 we are told that a sacrifice corresponding to the "12 tribe of Israel" were made. Jah stated that he will build both lands as he did in the start (Jer. 33:7). So the separation and there not being people were fulfilled in that there land were taken from them cos of there bad habit. God later accepted them, and viewed them as before. as a people.

Hahah the bolded is funny, and it is the FIRST time I have ever heard such a claim.
In Ezra, we are dealing with those who were of the babylonian captivity. The Northerners went to Assyria. What is plausible is there is a small remnant of people who escape. Or you think Kunta Kinte is the first person that ever tried to escape? Let me give you an example with scripture.

Nehemiah 1:2 That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.

Oh btw, Jer 33 is yet to take place. Read around the verse you quoted and that is obvious. NOT all of Judah returned. And, you know what happened in 70ad. The Jews were expelled and many fled to the mountains [toward Egypt], and over time, many have ended up here in present day West Africa.

Zephania 3:10 "From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering."

Anna was of the Northern tibe too. Luke 2:36.

Again, I said some escaped captivity. Consider this. Upon returning from captivity, some of the Jews who had been captive in Babylon could not PROVE they were Jews, as time had passed and they could not trace their tree. Notice it mentions Anna's father. The only way to prove it is via your fathers line. Let me prove that with scripture and some:

Numbers 1:2 "Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls"

There is a good example of those who were Israelite, BUT could not prove it, and had become like gentiles in their ways, and hence the Jews hated them..the Samaritans.

The Samaritan woman said to Jesus in John 4:20:
John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship"

While she was Israelite, of the northern Kingdom, the Samaritans were well mixed with the heathen mentioned in 2 Kings 17. They were not in covenant.
WHAT DID JESUS SAY TO HER:

John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews"

Understand what is happening in the book of Kings and the separation. And it shall be clearer.

Shalom
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85: [/quote]

1. Short lesson on the history of Israel and Judah. Solomon sinned, and it was prophesied (yes, the [true] prophets are always right)
that the Kingdom would be split into two. Judah (the Southern Kingdom), and a Northern Kingdom centred in Samaria (Ephraim was the leading tribe). In reality, Judah included Benjamin and some Levites.

2. 722 BC God divorced the northern Kingdom (10 tribes) of Israel for their idolatry and allowed them to be carried into captivity in Assyria.

3. 586 BC Judah also went into captivity into Babylon. After 70 years in captivity, Judah was able to return to Israel and rebuild the temple

4. Jeremiah was among the Jews during their captivity. When he speaks of Jews, you can be sure he was talking about Judah. The Northern Kingdom were carried off well over a hundred years previous. Therefore, you quote above is redundant. Let's move on.

The point I want to prove is that the word "Jew" was later used a synonym of "Hebrew".

You ve not responded to my main point, just the same way you left my former point about Gal 3:28. Even though I wrote it in bold letters, you still left it and chose what you like. Are Greeks part of the Northern tribe too? Is Titus and Timothy part of the Northern tribe too? Remember that I am not interested in convincing you to believe, but the truth is glaring.

Please respond to the Encyclopedia.

This quote highlights you don't have the background. Moses gave a prophecy. That, at the time when God would punish the people, he would them to jealousy with a people who at the time appointed, would not be considered a people, by those who are in the covenant. That is the beauty of prophecy, if you put yourself in their time, you would never have guessed. We have the beauty of hindsight. And did it happen? Yes.
The Ammorites are a people. The Moabites were a people. Edom are a people. The people you claim were NOT a people, also had names jare. Is it not Edom (Rome) which is ruling this earth, and who came into Jerusalem in 70ad and expelled the Jews? So, again, you argument is null and void.

Also, what are you saying about them having to keep a law. At the time the prophecy was given, Israel was one nation. Ephraim existed as a tribe, and Judah was the head tribe of all Israel. At the splitting, Ephraim was the leader of Northern Israel. They were carried off into captivity, never to return, and therefore ceased to be a nation. Simple.

When the bible say "no people", we actually know what it means, so don't pretend please or humbly say, "I dont know".

We Read:

They, for their part, have incited me to jealousy with what is no god;
They have vexed me with their vain idols;
And I, for my part, shall incite them to jealousy with what is no people;
With a stupid nation I shall offend them

The Red - Who are the once who incited God to Jealousy here, is Ephraim among?

The Blue - God said He was going to do the same to them (Who? Ephraim included?) with no people. How then can this "no people" include Ephraim?

The logic is simple. If no people include Ephraim, then "no god" in includes God. Again, I am not here to convince you. the truth is glaring.

After the exile of Judah to babylon, Judah and Northern tribe reunited. So that the difference were no longer there again. At Ezra 6:17 we are told that a sacrifice corresponding to the "12 tribe of Israel" were made. Jah stated that he will build both lands as he did in the start (Jer. 33:7). So the separation and there not being people were fulfilled in that there land were taken from them cos of there bad habit. God later accepted them, and viewed them as before. as a people.

[quote]Hahah the bolded is funny, and it is the FIRST time I have ever heard such a claim.
In Ezra, we are dealing with those who were of the babylonian captivity. The Northerners went to Assyria. What is plausible is there is a small remnant of people who escape. Or you think Kunta Kinte is the first person that ever tried to escape? Let me give you an example with scripture.

Nehemiah 1:2 That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.

Ezra 6:17 said corresponds to the "12 tribes of Israel", and you are here taking what you like? God had chosen to reunite his people, and these was after the exile.

escaped? Yes, those who escaped from babylonish captivity you mean?, but am talking of Israel, not Judah here. At any rate the point is that God chose to reunite them.

Oh btw, Jer 33 is yet to take place. Read around the verse you quoted and that is obvious. NOT all of Judah returned. And, you know what happened in 70ad. The Jews were expelled and many fled to the mountains [toward Egypt], and over time, many have ended up here in present day West Africa.

Zephania 3:10 "From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering."

“The sons of Israel and the sons of Judah are being oppressed together,” Jehovah observed. (Jer 50:33) When the first contingent returned, representatives of all the tribes of Israel were among them. Later, at the completion of the temple rebuilding, a sacrifice of 12 male goats was made, “according to the number of the tribes of Israel.” (Ezr 6:16, 17) Such reunification after the captivity was indicated in prophecy. For example, Jehovah promised to “bring Israel back.” (Jer 50:19) Furthermore, Jehovah said: “I will bring back the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel, and I will build them just as at the start.” (Jer 33:7) Ezekiel’s vision of the two sticks that were made one (37:15-28) indicated that the two kingdoms would again become one nation.

Of course Jeremiah was uttering a prophesy which fulfilled after the Israelites returned from exile.

Again, I said some escaped captivity. Consider this. Upon returning from captivity, some of the Jews who had been captive in Babylon could not PROVE they were Jews, as time had passed and they could not trace their tree. Notice it mentions Anna's father. The only way to prove it is via your fathers line. Let me prove that with scripture and some:

Numbers 1:2 "Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls"

There is a good example of those who were Israelite, BUT could not prove it, and had become like gentiles in their ways, and hence the Jews hated them..the Samaritans.

The Samaritan woman said to Jesus in John 4:20:
John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship"

While she was Israelite, of the northern Kingdom, the Samaritans were well mixed with the heathen mentioned in 2 Kings 17. They were not in covenant.
WHAT DID JESUS SAY TO HER:

John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews"

Understand what is happening in the book of Kings and the separation. And it shall be clearer.

Shalom

Whether they the Father escaped captivity or not is not the point.The point is that some of those of the Northern tribe were in Judah and they were viewed as Jews too.

At Isaiah 8:14, which is a prophesy about Jesus, Jesus does not have to travel to the dispersed Northern tribe to search for them so as to fulfill that scripture, they were available during Jesus time. And were viewed as Jews not gentiles.

There were separation initially, am not doubting that, but when these people returned from the exile, this schism was gone.

Dont relate what happened in the first century CE, to the returnees, cos any who returned to Jerusalem and could not trace his genealogy was later taken care of, and they all united in one true worship.

Dont bring the samaritans here cos there was a big difference. The samaritans were composed of the heathen and some Israelites. No doubt, the heathen out numbering them. And intermarriage with those false religionist made the land of samaria a different sect in Judaism.

The mount Gerizim where they worshiped was a pagan one, it wasn't an approved worship of God. Those of Samaria had a corrupt pattern of worship. So neither were they called Jews nor gentiles.

But that is not the point here. Anna was serving in the temple for a long time, her lineage was known, yet was allowed to be there. She was never viewed as a gentile. If you read that chapter properly, does it seem to you that she recognized any separation between Israel and Judah?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Empiree: 12:16am On Aug 05, 2014
PastorAIO:

I know you are christian. But you think other christians here ready to share your view?. You can correct them a million times they would still support Israel for better for worse. They even go as far as twisting the Bible to justfy their support. What you said here is opinion of many muslims and other non muslims alike. Yet, folks who support israel still trying to convince us that Israel is the only democracy. Oh i get it. I guess the true definition of demmocracy is what israel just showed the world.

Besides, "kidnapping" and "murdering" of those 3 Israelis (if at all it's true), took place in Fatah controlled region, West bank. So what's other region, Gaza had to do with it?. These chrisitans who support Israel havent done their homework very well. The truth is they support Israel regardless bcuz it's mentioned in their Bible as "chosen people".I cant imagine Black people still dump in 21st century.

Annyways, here is a link of interview from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/world/meast/hamas-meshaal-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by VivaLaFrans: 7:12am On Aug 05, 2014
I think Hamas is the cause of all these. But, why is every nation afraid of Israel? They can attack Israel and defeat the small nation, but it seems they are scared of God's wrath.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2014
Watch this interesting video ( I don't agree with the whole content by the way ) ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOQWKsQKiU&list=LLTP2Hy-OysyCubLn945E-bg&index=4

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.