Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) (10684 Views)

Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Peace be to her.... That isn't the end of her life, she might soon realise the truth.

All I am trying to project is the cutting edge in this faith.... All other religion demand you to work to be saved, only Christianity offer repentance or work as as a result of God's goodness.

I am not being good today to make heaven, I am good because I realise a good God saved me the way I am- bad, rotten, disgusting.

Let's consider this logic ;

Shdemidemi is going to heaven not because he is good but because he has accepted Jesus. So he can lie,steal, lust and it will be just fine, he can never lose his salvation.

James on the other hand never heard about Jesus talk less of accepting him, but he is going to hell because he lies, steals and lusts often than not.

Question; do you call this justice ?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

Let's consider this logic ;

Shdemidemi is going to heaven not because he is good but because he has accepted Jesus. So he can lie,steal, lust and it will be just fine, he can never lose his salvation.

James on the other hand never heard about Jesus talk less of accepting him, but he is going to hell because he lies, steals and lusts often than not.

Question; do you call this justice ?

That is the mystery hid in God....

Shedemidemi and James are both sinners but Jesus stands in the gap for shedemidemi. Jesus justified him, meaning He presents him to God just as if he never sinned.

In similitude... The spirit of death never checked the houses of the Israelites to see who lied or who steals, all the spirit saw to pass was the blood of the lamb on the lintels and door post. If Pharaoh's family goes under that blood, even they will experience the Passover.

It is never by morals or how good you can try to be, it is by the grace of God.

That grace is God's goodness to mankind at Jesus' expense.

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Shedemidemi and James are both sinners but Jesus stands in the gap for shedemidemi. Jesus justified him, meaning He presented him to God just as if he never sinned.

In similitude... The spirit of death never checked the houses of the Israelites to see who lied or who steals, all the spirit saw to pass was the blood of the lamb on the lintels and door post. If Pharaoh's family goes under that blood, even they will experience the Passover.

I'm sorry but this is just plain silly.

A man can commit murder and rap£ but as long as he finds Jesus, he can go to heaven

But a good pagan man who does charity all his life will find himself in hell because he didnt know Jesus.

#thank God I am not a christian

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I'm sorry but this is just plain silly.

A man can commit murder and rap£ but as long as he finds Jesus, he can go to heaven

But a good pagan man who does charity all his life will find himself in hell because he didnt know Jesus.

#thank God I am not a christian

Exactly, it sounds plain silly to the natural mind... But, that is what the book says. Even some Christians find this hard to comprehend.

A righteousness apart from human effort was presented by the Apostle to anyone who cares to hear.

No matter how good the pagan man seem in our sight, his righteousness is like the waste a woman use for her visitor (filthy rag) in God's sight.

No Christ no glory for none is good...

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Shedemidemi and James are both sinners but Jesus stands in the gap for shedemidemi. Jesus justified him, meaning He presents him to God just as if he never sinned.

You are disseminating cheap grace Sir.

Indeed in Christ we received forgiveness from our sins, but :

", you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God" - 1 Cortinthians 6:9

^^^^^
Who was he addressing here if not the believers !

My friend , anyone who did not hear about Jesus but acted righteously will be SAVED.
My friend, any so called believer who heard about Jesus and is supposedly saved but lives in wickedness will be rejected.

Once saved always saved is total nonsense !

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

You are disseminating cheap grace Sir.

Indeed in Christ we received forgiveness from our sins, but :

", you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God" - 1 Cortinthians 6:9

^^^^^
Who was he addressing here if not the believers !

My friend , anyone who did not hear about Jesus but acted righteously will be SAVED.
My friend, any so called believer who heard about Jesus and is supposedly saved but lives in wickedness will be rejected.

Once saved always saved is total nonsense !

Who is righteous, are you?

Who is good, are you?

If you can show me one good Christian without sin, I will agree with you.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Peace be to her.... That isn't the end of her life, she might soon realise the truth.

All I am trying to project is the cutting edge in this faith.... All other religion demand you to work to be saved, only Christianity offer repentance or work as as a result of God's goodness.

I am not being good today to make heaven, I am good because I realise a good God saved me the way I am- bad, rotten, disgusting, wicked, greedy, selfish..

[b]The bold text is the cause of all the problems associated with religion.

*le sigh*

So na your way come be the Truth?

Na so all Muslims go dey argue say dia way na the truth. The same way all other religions go dey claim confirm.

I run into Mormon missionaries from time to time and what they preach always evokes a smile and quizzical looks from me like "What stuff are you guys smoking?" "You really want me to believe this shoit (excuse my French) and ACCEPT it as Truth."

You gotta see how they passionately preach their message. Sometimes when I want some comic relief, I open a passage from The Book of Mormon. It never disappoints.

My brother, shdemidemi, what you call Truth is to a very large extent subjective. There are many 'Truths' out there. It is only a matter of which resonates most within your heart.

Throughout history, men have reached epiphany and many more will reach that state and try to pass it off as the Truth.

So, in the quest for 'Truth', keep an open mind.

[/b]
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra:

[b]The bold text is the cause of all the problems associated with religion.

*le sigh*

So na your way come be the Truth?

Na so all Muslims go dey argue say dia way na the truth. The same way all other religions go dey claim confirm.

I run into Mormon missionaries from time to time and what they preach always evokes a smile and quizzical looks from me like "What stuff are you guys smoking?" "You really want me to believe this shoit (excuse my French) and ACCEPT it as Truth."

You gotta see how they passionately preach their message. Sometimes when I want some comic relief, I open a passage from the book of Mormons. It never disappoints.

My brother, shdemidemi, what you call Truth is to a very large extent subjective. There are many 'Truths' out there. It is only a matter of which resonates most within your heart.

Throughout history, men have reached epiphany and many more will reach that state and try to pass it off as the Truth.

So, in the quest for 'Truth', keep an open mind.

[/b]

Logically speaking, you make a lot of sense but we are not talking logic here. The simple fact that we are talking about divinity and inexplicable creatures and creation shows we aren't talking mere 1+1=2.

An ifa priest holds is ifa to heart does not make the ifa the true way. There are various mooted holes in all of their stories that shows it cannot be the true God. The bible account tells you what will happen even 2000 years before it does happen, and everything will play itself as it was said. God said if you seek me well enough, you will find me.

Thank God you know there is God, search around, study to understand what other gods are saying, juxtapose it with whatever you learn. I am more than sure you will know the true God who created heaven and earth.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Logically speaking, you make a lot of sense but we are not talking logic here. The simple fact that we are talking about divinity and inexplicable creatures and creation shows we aren't talking mere 1+1=2.

An ifa priest holds is ifa to heart does not make the ifa the true way. There are various mooted holes in all of their stories that shows it cannot be the true God. The bible account tells you what will happen even 2000 years before it does happen, and everything will play itself as it was said. God said if you seek me well enough, you will find me.

Thank God you know there is God, search around, study to understand what other gods are saying, juxtapose it with whatever you learn. I am more than sure you will know the true God who created heaven and earth.

Shdemidemi, thanks for your contribution so far.

Please tell me, are you saying Christianity is the ONLY and TRUE way to God?

Is the God of Israel the True God?

Thank you.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra:

Shdemidemi, thanks for your contribution so far.

Please tell me, are you saying Christianity is the ONLY and TRUE way to God?

Is the God of Israel the True God?

Thank you.

Absolutely!

I believe it too much sir
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Absolutely!

I believe it too much sir

Ehen! Na now you come dey talk!

I have news for you sir:

Islam is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

Hinduism is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

Zoroastrianism is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

{Add other ancient monotheistic religions here}

How do I know?

Because their religious texts say so.

Settled.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra:

Ehen! Na now you come dey talk!

I have news for you sir:

Islam is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

Hinduism is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

Zoroastrianism is the ONLY and TRUE way to God.

{Add other ancient monotheistic religions here}

How do I know?

Because their religious texts say so.

Settled.

Ye, we can keep adding, we can also bring it closer to home with the ogun, amadioha etc. but the fact remains that there is a cutting edge if you really want to find it.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Ye, we can keep adding, we can also bring it closer to home with the ogun, amadioha etc. but the fact remains that there is a cutting edge if you really want to find it.

so all those who believed in only one way to God through some other means before and after the advent of Christ ( i.e they never heard about Jesus or the gospel ) are destined to an everlasting future of fire ?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

so all those who believed in only one way to God through some other means before and after the advent of Christ ( i.e they never heard about Jesus or the gospel ) are destined to an everlasting future of fire ?

Which God?

God only knew Abraham down to Isaac and Jacob, He was their God and He became the God of their offspring until the advent of the saviour.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Which God?

God only knew Abraham down to Isaac and Jacob, He was their God and He became the God of their offspring until the advent of the saviour.

and the rest are damned ??

Let me try to rephrase this another way :

Imagine that Jews made up only 1% of the entire world population at that time and the rest of humanity 99%. Are you insinuating that God only recognised 1% of his human creation and rejected the other 99% ?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by MrAnony1(m): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

If they reject God. Yes
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1: If they reject God. Yes

But how could they have rejected the Jewish God if they did not know him for starters ?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

Let me try to rephrase this another way :

Imagine that Jews made up only 1% of the entire world population at that time and the rest of humanity 99%. Are you insinuating that God only recognised 1% of his human creation and rejected the other 99% ?

When God destroyed the first world, I am sure they must have been as populated as today's present world but only 8 survived God's wrath. God has always been a God of remnant.

No matter how populated Israel gets, only 12000 from each tribe will be saved after the great tribulation.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:
When God destroyed the first world, I am sure they must have been as populated as today's present world but only 8 survived. God has always been a God of remnant.

But that was different because at that time Noah actively preached actively to the worlds inhabitants, and of course the population was nothing like it is today, i.e 6 billion and still counting.

Now again to my question, how can people reject something they did not know or were not aware of ?

Read : Genesis 18:25

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

No matter how populated Israel gets, only 12000 from each tribe will be saved after the great tribulation.

OMG, what utter rubbish !

Revelation is a book of metaphors which was and still is used to present certain prophetic events.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by MrAnony1(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel: Propaganda as if I am a Palestinian activist ! Smh.
You sound like one.

Pal, I am against violence on both sides but if you want to justify the bombing of homes etc, then check your heart again to confirm if Jesus is still in it.
Yes Christ is in me and I too am against violence on both sides. All I asked you to do was to tell the whole truth. I do not blame Israel from firing missiles back at their enemies rather I blame Palestinians for using their own children as human shields. Will you condemn this wicked act? Or will you continue to tell a lie by making it seem as if Israel purposely targeted children? If you are willing to continue to propagate this lie then check your heart to confirm whether Christ was ever there.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

But that was different because at that time Noah actively preached actively to the worlds inhabitants, and of course the population was nothing like it is today, i.e 6 billion and still counting.

Now again to my question, how can people reject something they did not know or were not aware of ?

Read : Genesis 18:25

Did God eventually sweep away the place in Gen 18:25?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

Did God eventually sweep away the place in Gen 18:25?

See now !!

You have no valid answer to these questions.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

OMG, what utter rubbish !

Revelation is a book of metaphors which was and still is used to present certain prophetic events.

Give the metaphorical meaning of what is clearly written.. Biko

Plus, that was not picked up from revelation.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by MrAnony1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

But how could they have rejected the Jewish God if they did not know him for starters ?

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
- Romans 1:18-20.

God is self-evident in His creation. There is no such thing as "the Jewish God" there is only God.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

See now !!

You have no valid answer to these questions.

I asked you a question...

Did God not destroy the city n all that lived there, save lot?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1:
You sound like one.

Yes Christ is in me and I too am against violence on both sides. All I asked you to do was to tell the whole truth. I do not blame Israel from firing missiles back at their enemies rather I blame Palestinians for using their own children as human shields. Will you condemn this wicked act? Or will you continue to tell a lie by making it seem as if Israel purposely targeted children? If you are willing to continue to propagate this lie then check your heart to confirm whether Christ was ever there.

But who told you Palestinians were using their children.

If you did some research you will find out that Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas on earth hence the rumour that they hide behind women and children.

But Israel bombing densely populated areas despite knowing that women and children live in these places tantamounts to a massacre and is a war crime. Netanyahu should be arrested and dragged to the Internal court of justice and tried for these crimes.

On the other hand, I do not support Hamas targeting and terrorising civilians, in fact I am not pro-Hamas.

I have no more time for Christian Zionists who support all the blood spilling in the middle east because somehow the Jews are superior to the Arabs and despite having been away for over 2000 years they can simply walk into the land and claim all of it for themselves. SMH.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1:
You sound like one.

Lies. How can you not blame Isreal? they have some of the best technology and they were bombing civilian areas. Ask them how many Hamas members they got with their bombs.

Isreal at times too have broken ceasefire.

So put down your old testament support of Isreal and acknowledge that both sides have terrorists.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

I asked you a question...

Did God not destroy the city n all that lived there, save lot?

Were they not preached to ? Was Lot not among those people and would he not have declared the God of his forefathers and the way to worship him ?

I am talking about places where there was no hint of the Jewish God talk less of preaching.

So tell me , are all those people damned.

SMH
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by MrAnony1(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

But who told you Palestinians were using their children.

If you did some research you will find out that Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas on earth hence the rumour that they hide behind women and children.

But Israel bombing densely populated areas despite knowing that women and children live in these places tantamounts to a massacre and is a war crime. Netanyahu should be arrested and dragged to the Internal court of justice and tried for this crimes.

On the other hand, I do not support Hamas targeting and terrorising civilians, in fact I am not pro-Hamas.
No sir, you are wrong. Hamas are not merely firing missiles from residential areas, they are specifically firing missiles from schools and orphanages and making sure not to evacuate the children. That is what a war crime is.

I have no more time for Christian Zionists who support all the blood spilling in the middle east because somehow the Jews are superior to the Arabs and despite been away for over 2000 years they can simple walk into the land and claim all of it for themselves. SMH.
I am not a Christian Zionist (whatever that means). It is funny to see you desperately try to paint me into a box
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1:
No sir, you are wrong. Hamas are not merely firing missiles from residential areas, they are specifically firing missiles from schools and orphanages and making sure not to evacuate the children. That is what a war crime is.

Have you independently verified this hearsay ?

I am not a Christian Zionist (whatever that means). It is funny to see you desperately try to paint me into a box

I am not painting you as one, you sound like one.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

Were they not preached to ? Was Lot not among those people and would he not have declared the God of his forefathers and the way to worship him ?

I am talking about places where there was no hint of the Jewish God talk less of preaching.

So tell me , are all those people damned.

SMH

No, Lot was never a part of God. He was only a relative to the man God called. God had to separate them after a while...they were all cleaned out for illicit practices.

Whomever isn't part of God is condemned.. Not will be condemned but already judged waiting to be arraigned officially. It's either one is in God by election like He did to Abraham and his offspring and the church today or you are outside God and condemned, there is no back door anywhere in scriptures.

If there was one faithful person in the entire sodom and Gomorrah God might have considered but there was none righteous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. / Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.