Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (22460 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun / Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Afrocatalyst: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2014
More...
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by jieta: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I am a hater, but not part of mynd's gang...

If these cars won't go for N1,000,000 per new one, then its useless setting up plants here.
my friend i believe when there is competition the price will be cheap

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2014
When they come then we will know

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by titoetal(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2014
If only detractors had allowed this govt. to roll out and implement its programs on a peaceful state within its 4yrs term, devoid of negative criticism and giving political backing to terrorism, sabotaging power reforms, Rail sector, Education etc, this nation would have moved a 1000 pole ahead.
Another good news is that this govt. is living no stone unturned to ensure that the unworkable moribund Ajaokuta Steel Comp. starts to work.
Successful commissioning of this plant will provide auto makers with flat sheets and our ever expanding oil and gas industry with pipes and beams.

Pray for Nigeria always for peace and good neighbourliness for there is enough resources for all.

God Bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2014
frainc: war wey go kill u
Abi?
Mumuni

you sir is a fool
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Fehmy25s(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2014
Indeed the man is working.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Itoroetti(m): 7:34am On Jul 21, 2014
God will bless GEJ for this policies.i also nid to witness reduction in imported agro product like fish and others.
that is another sector that will create enough employment especially with the awareness now created about red meat bin dangerous to the health.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by anonimi: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Largas: I'm not hating. But Lagos is over-populated. We need more commercial cities. Every plan mustn't be sited at Lagos.
Good initiative btw...

Did the news say any of the plants will be located in Lagos

I hope they are located in the South South e.g. Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, where there are also seaports for exporting the cars to other African countries.

Many thanks to the previously shoeless boy from Otuoke who is working TIRELESSLY to transform our country despite the TERRORIST challenges of those who promised to make OUR country ungovernable if a southerner is president with their "baboons & monkeys soaked in blood." shocked

Surely we shall OVERCOME together.

6 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by myspnigeria: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2014
Good development for nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by LordAdam: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2014
I too look forward to having the Germans set up plants, although I'm sure they'd be watching closely for the outcome of this "Korean rush-hour", before committing millions of Euros into setting up plants here.

As far as the price goes, I don't mind paying the same price of previously imported cars for Assembled-in-Nigeria cars, since the money would go into creating more jobs, and increasing the nation's revenue.

A car shouldn't be a luxury, an average earner should be able to purchase one (new or used). I'm looking up to the dealers to tag up with the banks to structure a financing option where even the civil servants can acquire a car without coughing out their savings. Say an installment-based package. I know some packages of this sort already exist, but most of them I've reviewed are way out of the reach of the average earners.

Things are beginning to shape well for the country, now let's hope the political-backed milieu of security challenges hit the back burner.
~LordAdam

9 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by snthesis(m): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2014
fiverrwin: When will they be making the parts here instead of assembly
hater alert grin
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 500GP: 7:55am On Jul 21, 2014
THIS IS MARGINALIZATION OF INNOSON COMPANY.

#OHANEZE MUST DO SOMETHING TO THIS. THEY MUST ISSUE EMPTY ULTIMATUM

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Pinkybush: 8:03am On Jul 21, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You've forgotten about the job creation component and the multiplier effect that will have on families and on the economy? What about reducing the pressure on foreign exhange and stability of the naira? What about the taxes these companies will remit to the states, thereby boosting internally generated revenue and reducing our dependency on oil? What about the skills transfer that will take place?

Honestly, you guys in APC are so narrow minded. No wonder you keep hating and ranting online.
Thank you my broda. Leave those APC e-warriors with fish-like brains. They don't have anything good to offer in this country except making unnecessary noise.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by samseen02(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2014
great one coming from FG bt they should pls speed up any strategies they have in driving d power sector. Because that's d main key to drive any country's economy

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 500GP: 8:04am On Jul 21, 2014
Largas: I'm not hating. But Lagos is over-populated and needs to be decongested. We need more commercial cities. Every plant mustn't be sited at Lagos.
Good initiative btw...

YOU MEAN THE PLANT SHOULD BE SITUATED IN LEASTERN REGION.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM LEASTERN REGION ?

WHERE IS INNOSON ?

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Anthrophile(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2014
It is strange that expatriates keep believing in this country but most Nigerians (politicians and common citizens) don't, by not being patriotic.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2014
May God silence my enemies like this thread has silenced the online warfare wing of the APC. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2014
500GP:

YOU MEAN THE PLANT SHOULD BE SITUATED IN LEASTERN REGION.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM LEASTERN REGION ?

WHERE IS INNOSON ?
You reason with a bigoted mind and...

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by luvinhubby(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2014
500GP: THIS IS MARGINALIZATION OF INNOSON COMPANY.

#OHANEZE MUST DO SOMETHING TO THIS. THEY MUST ISSUE EMPTY ULTIMATUM
Must you make a fool of yourself always ? angry
For once in your life, try and be objective, it won`t hurt.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Pinkybush: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2014
jayseehe: Only good thing to come out of Badluck's regime
You are the greatest MUMU of all times, just as your fada.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 1wolex85: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You've forgotten about the job creation component and the multiplier effect that will have on families and on the economy? What about reducing the pressure on foreign exhange and stability of the naira? What about the taxes these companies will remit to the states, thereby boosting internally generated revenue and reducing our dependency on oil? What about the skills transfer that will take place?

Honestly, you guys in APC are so narrow minded. No wonder you keep hating and ranting online.
All this multiplier effects will only happen if the market is there.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by tempest01(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2014

I believe with time local content will be put to play and those parts that can be sourced for locally will be. And it might also give birth to manufacturing companies by private individuals which can produce the needed parts to standard.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by canalily(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2014
....look at ur right, look at ur left, look am for every road o o o-! na Toyota de rule Nigeria eeh!
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by vascey(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I am a hater, but not part of mynd's gang...

If these cars won't go for N1,000,000 per new one, then its useless setting up plants here.

I hope you will not scream foul when Nigerian workers at the plant are paid 5,000 Naira per month.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by klassic(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2014
Just imagine Ahmed Private Company and their anti people policy. Taking us 7 steps back as a people n as a country. A club of betrayals who are only there when there is enough to share and leaves when the chips are down. GEJ TILL 2019. it might be difficult but we will get there come rain come shine . With God on our side will are rolling not drilling holes on the ship called Nigeria like those APC gorillas.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by anonimi: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2014
LordAdam:
A car shouldn't be a luxury, an average earner should be able to purchase one (new or used). I'm looking up to the dealers to tag up with the banks to structure a financing option where even the civil servants can acquire a car without coughing out their savings. Say an installment-based package. I know some packages of this sort already exist, but most of them I've reviewed are way out of the reach of the average earners.

Things are beginning to shape well for the country, now let's hope the political-backed milieu of security challenges hit the back burner.
~LordAdam

While I agree that a car should not be a luxury, IMHO a car should not be the means for EVERYDAY transport.
Our state & LGAs should live up to their constitutional RESPONSIBILITY of providing COMFORTABLE, sustainable MASS transit system of buses, light rails, metros, underground, boats, ferries etc to move people DAILY to/fro work & their businesses while TAXING HEAVILY those who want to use their cars (driving alone) into MULTIPLE city centres.

This is the way of the future because we cannot continue to have traffic jams/go-slows with the attendant soci-economic & environmental costs it implies.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by edgerjulius: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2014
Having noesis of which foods render the asphaltic requirements for pH balance, and consciously choosing to take them, empowers us to utilize with our bodies toward eudaemonia. By regularly checking the pH of our best in the start urine, we can guardian the embody's condition for added alkalescent minerals.Gmax BeliefFinally, everything in our lives is settled by our alert and psyche beliefs. Thoughts are forcefulness, which in turn, creates our experience. Our thoughts and emotions expose either order or disharmony within our bodies. Affirmative thoughts get an alkalizing and regenerative upshot; disinclined thoughts have an acidifying and degenerative notion. Proper sensible of what we cogitate and property is the gear travel in creating a beingness of health and felicity. All our beliefs are determined, strong, or exchanged by our thoughts.What we reiterate in our self-talk eventually manifests as wellbeing or disease in our bodies, and as felicity or sadness, fulfilment or failure in our lives. Life is an participate we create; this happens whether we are sensible of it or not. Our resolution for existence here is to become knowing, to consciously make the account we requirement; our state to do that increases as we transmute author alert.[url] http://gmax-suplementos.com/ [/url]
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by benson81(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2014
jayseehe:
grin
you and I know that it is impossible, except you want them to run @ loss...
cost of production in Nigeria is very high; labour cost and lack of stable electricity..... besides, they will need to recover the money used in building the plant.

I must commend GEJ for this, this is the only positive policy to come out of his office.
but we need power supply, these COYs need it to survive... without it, none of this cars will be exported even to our neighboring countries due to the high cost of the cars
wat u need to ask is where In the world are brand new cars sold for N1m the equivalent of $6k?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2014
i dey text you...omehn!! i don dey imagine where i dey drive brand new BMWx15. GEJ Walahi you dey try.
DebohBaron: I'm still waiting for the Germans!!!
The BMW, Benz, Audi!!!
If Benz alone can set up an assembly plant...GBOOM!! Jackpot!!

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by anonimi: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2014

Please ask from those who were around in the 70s till early 80s.
At least Peugeot (Kaduna), Volkswagen (Lagos), Leyland (Ibadan), Steyr (Bauchi) were using LOCALLY made batteries (and maybe chairs/seats) among other small things in the assembly of cars/trucks/tractors in Nigeria way back then.

The CLUELESS import-all policy of the SENSELESS military DICTATOR COUPISTS we had since after Gowon led to their gradual disintegration, which is what slowly but STEADILY the administration of Jonathan/Sambo is reviving.

6 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by alexanderdeg: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2014
GEJ is doing his best , if not for those BH Fools he would have been able to do more within his ability , I know those who hate good news won't be on this thread , they only comment on bad happenings , but always remember one fact , We are all nigerians , let's support good things ...at least we could see changes in some sectors of the economy #"Nigeria will be rebuilt by Nigerians"*****

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Ugele: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2014
Largas: I'm not hating. But Lagos is over-populated and needs to be decongested. We need more commercial cities. Every plant mustn't be sited at Lagos.
Good initiative btw...
Tell ur clueless clueless broda to do dat. So u want investors to abandon place like Lagos and invest in ur village where very little there engaged in farming. Abeg, no be cassava or palm oil company we here biko three times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2017 Jaguar Xf Premium: A Joy To Behold / 5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.