Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread - TV/Movies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread (87349 Views)

MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread / Geoffrey Crowned Winner Of MTN Project Fame 7.0 / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Yemmanuel: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
toba: and didnt vote to save him?
She over vote sef.....na she wit Ruky voted 4 him bt Clement, Emeka didn't voted Shola out despite d 4 instance he sang dat day
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
jasmine21:
Oh wow, nothing to wow about playing both piano and guitar? Lool. Okay
In my opinion drums & wind instrument are easier.
seriously,

Well, it all depends on our environ. Even in some churches, you won't be admitted in the Choir without proven skills on atleast 2 instruments.

I've lived among instrumentalists/musicologists, so it may not apply to all; but I've seen people who handle 4-6 major instruments. Infact one of them lectures here in SouthWest; while another, a lecturer and a band leader in AUN Yola.

Have you tried trumpet? shocked Also, I'm sure you know drummers 'get level'? I play drum as well, but I always respect myself each time I land in the midst of DRUMMERS cheesy

I celebrate Ugo because he made it to this level; but the skill is an everyday thing in Nigeria (no hating).
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yemmanuel:
She over vote sef.....na she wit Ruky voted 4 him bt Clement, Emeka didn't voted Shola out despite d 4 instance he sang dat day
The 4 instance na fck up na, he forgot lyrics and improvised with gibberish at some point cheesy But the latter part of the song was WOW!
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ugo can learn a thing from 'once' upcoming artistes, and friend called "twins affair."
The duo Taiye & Kenny are music graduates, extremely talented in keyboard, guitar, saxophone, & flute. Somehow the urge to become stars led them into releasing several tracks that never made much impact in the industry.
They love to sing (just like Ugo), but they have better skills outside singing. These guys would have made the best of the best producers in 9ja, but the singing stuff they ventured into didn't pay as expected, despite the huge fund they pumped into music/videos.

A lovely song from TwinsAffair ft. YungSix & Damage "O bad gan" released some years back.

www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/oh-bad-gan-remix-ft-yungsix-and-damage.mp3

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by punintended(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
jasmine21:
Oh wow, nothing to wow about playing both piano and guitar? Lool. Okay
In my opinion drums & wind instrument are easier.
abeg tell him o..mhow can he compare wind instrument and drums with piano and guitar..nawa o. I'm not saying one is better than the other but you can't say you can't tell me that learning to play druns is more important..and Ugo doesn't 'just play' them, his skills in playing them are exceptional too
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by punintended(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
acidosisTM: Ugo can learn a thing from 'once' upcoming artistes, and friend called "twins affair."
The duo Taiye & Kenny are music graduates, extremely talented in keyboard, guitar, saxophone, & flute. Somehow the urge to become stars led them into releasing several tracks that never made much impact in the industry.
They love to sing (just like Ugo), but they have better skills outside singing. These guys would have made the best of the best producers in 9ja, but the singing stuff they ventured into didn't pay as expected, despite the huge fund they pumped into music/videos.

A lovely song from TwinsAffair ft. YungSix & Damage "O bad gan" released some years back.

www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/oh-bad-gan-remix-ft-yungsix-and-damage.mp3
so basically you're saying that because Taiye and co.,whoever they are, failed in the industry as singers, then Ugo should learn from them and just give up his dreams of being a singer and settle for being a producer or instrumentals even if maybe that has been his dream forever? Brother, in this life, we can't let someone else's failure derail us..he should at least try and fail 1st before you rule him out

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by punintended(m): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
acidosisTM:
seriously,

Well, it all depends on our environ. Even in some churches, you won't be admitted in the Choir without proven skills on atleast 2 instruments.

I've lived among instrumentalists/musicologists, so it may not apply to all; but I've seen people who handle 4-6 major instruments. Infact one of them lectures here in SouthWest; while another, a lecturer and a band leader in AUN Yola.

Have you tried trumpet? shocked Also, I'm sure you know drummers 'get level'? I play drum as well, but I always respect myself each time I land in the midst of DRUMMERS cheesy

I celebrate Ugo because he made it to this level; but the skill is an everyday thing in Nigeria (no hating).
even if its an everyday thing, how many of them have made it to the project fame platform, do you know the kind of exposure he has gotten so far. Everyday when they go to sing at Beat fm, he plays for them. For the past few days he has been jamming with Cobhams. He plays the guitar while Cobhams composes drums for the contestants. Do you know how huge that is? And you think he'll leave project fame and then return to the position of 'just another everyday instrumentalist?', I think not

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
punintended: so basically you're saying that because Taiye and co.,whoever they are, failed in the industry as singers, then Ugo should learn from them and just give up his dreams of being a singer and settle for being a producer or instrumentals even if maybe that has been his dream forever? Brother, in this life, we can't let someone else's failure derail us..he should at least try and fail 1st before you rule him out
Well, most 9ja musicians are bound to fail on the long run.

From what I've seen on stage, I do not think I'll pay to get his album. The voice isn't the issue per se; but there is something about his performance on stage - something I can't put together in words.

Meanwhile, we are not sure about his dream of being a celebrated singer; ALL come to projectfame for the money. My thought is based on the fact that some would be deceived into venturing in music during and after projectfame.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
acidosisTM:
seriously,

Well as far as this competition goes, he cant drum & sing or play trumpet & sing at d same time so we can't say. He may also be a drummer who knows? Since its a 'Singing' competition those 2 are the best instruments he can work with. I attended piano lessons when I was younger so I know its not beans. I ran away when I couldn't keep up lol.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
punintended: even if its an everyday thing, how many of them have made it to the project fame platform, do you know the kind of exposure he has gotten so far. Everyday when they go to sing at Beat fm, he plays for them. For the past few days he has been jamming with Cobhams. He plays the guitar while Cobhams composes drums for the contestants. Do you know how huge that is? And you think he'll leave project fame and then return to the position of 'just another everyday instrumentalist?', I think not

Well, I hope you can account for all participants of project fame since season 1. People only come for the money, anyways.

The question shouldn't be how many made it to project fame, but whether ALL applied for project fame; also lets not forget that project fame is for singers, not instrumentalists.

Do you really think Ugo will make any difference in the midst of other Instrumentalists?

Why won't he shine amidst people like Clement, Rukky who cannot differenciate a C and C sharp on a Keyboard? #just saying.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
acidosisTM:

Well, I hope you can account for all participants of project fame since season 1. People only come for the money, anyways.

The question shouldn't be how many made it to project fame, but whether ALL applied for project fame; also lets not forget that project fame is for singers, not instrumentalists.

Do you really think Ugo will make any difference in the midst of other Instrumentalists?

Why won't he shine amidst people like Clement, Rukky who cannot differenciate a C and C sharp on a Keyboard? #just saying.
lol! In a land of ebola patients, a man with malaria is very very healthy. grin
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
jasmine21:

Well as far as this competition goes, he cant drum & sing or play trumpet & sing at d same time so we can't say. He may also be a drummer who knows? Since its a 'Singing' competition those 2 are the best instruments he can work with. I attended piano lessons when I was younger so I know its not beans. I ran away when I couldn't keep up lol.
lol, I understand,

I wish him good luck in his career; i jst dey talk my own ni o
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: lol! In a land of ebola patients, a man with malaria is very very healthy. grin
grin grin Very very, brother

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by punintended(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
acidosisTM:

brother, you don't realise it but you're just hating on the poor dude, honestly, there's nothing else that can explain your attitude towards him...maybe you should listen to the song he'll sing this weekend, (or next weekend, whenever the contestants will do their personal songs)he wrote it for you, it goes "...people wey no wan make I sing song, make water carry dem go.."
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by AriDsexy(f): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
thandii1: Na wa o, christain is over rated, clement is overhyped , emeka is over rated, geoffery is proud. Should the under-rated ones like debbie, ugo or daniella take the crown then? Haba, people!

At this stage of the competition, we need entertainment, people who deliver and have learnt how to use the stage well to wow the audience. People who can multi task. All those that made it to the academy can sing, but singing alone has never been enough and that is why they have been in the academy to learn. Why was ugo's performance terrible? Weren't his vocals okay? Flourish has one of the best voices but that alone was not enough, daniella has a good voice, so does debbie, but what do they do with it? Why are they boring now? Last year's olawale nko?

Pun-intended, you think clement and christian are over rated? How come you didn't say much about ruky? Can you compare her performance with the duo yesterday? Her vocals were not good enough and her performance was not as energetic as the duo.

No need for the 'smear' campaign against clement's misdoings, he already got his deserved punishment and apologised. It has nothing to do with his performance that one na past tense.

As for geoffery's pride, I don't know what you guys are talking about o, his carriage has always been like that since he got into the house, then maybe his eyes too make him appear proud, but that's the way they are I don't think he is. To me, he's one of the coolest people in the house, but then, I might not see what you guys are seeing.

Ok then,if u say so,let's give him d benefit of doubt cos I really dislike proud people,he used to be my no 1 until I noticed d pride thing but then again,if u say its his eyes that's making him appear proud,maybe we should get him dark goggles,at least that should do tongue
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
AriDsexy:
Ok then,if u say so,let's give him d benefit of doubt cos I really dislike proud people,he used to be my no 1 until I noticed d pride thing but then again,if u say its his eyes that's making him appear proud,maybe we should get him dark goggles,at least that should do tongue
Geoffery doesn't come across as proud at all. I doubt you REALLY do watch the extended version.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: Geoffery doesn't come across as proud at all. I doubt you REALLY do watch the extended version.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
ModusOperandi: I'm sure you're better than him, that's why you're here and he's there wink
o,really? and do u know where I've been? my achievements??
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by AriDsexy(f): 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: Geoffery doesn't come across as proud at all. I doubt you REALLY do watch the extended version.
Extended version as in the ones shown during d day in d house?I am not saying I know that for sure,its just an observation which someone here also stated.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
mrvocalprowess: o,really? and do u know where I've been? my achievements??
Don't know, don't care
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by AriDsexy(f): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
homesteady:
JESUS shocked shocked shocked Seriously? I must watch it tomorrow!
Though I think it's quite harsh, but he really deserves it! he deserves any insult that is throw at him!

Well,I'm kinda indiffrent about the whole thing.Uncle Ben shldnt have interferred but then again,Ugo deserved the insult,I want his conscience to prick him.If u want to be a friend,be a friend!
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by AriDsexy(f): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
punintended: Watching their rehearsals today made me recall why I loved Daniella in the 1st place. Mehhn her voice is beautiful. All these naija songs are really dampening her star. She's an RnB queen.
Listen to urself dear,if u'r a good musician and have a beautiful voice,u should be able to perform well irrespective of the genre of music.So pls,that's not an excuse joor.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by NoQualms1(f): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
homesteady: please do they use 'connection' to enter project fame?

Yes. Not everyone gets there by merit.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
AriDsexy:
Extended version as in the ones shown during d day in d house?I am not saying I know that for sure,its just an observation which someone here also stated.
Yeah, the one where they show them in the house. Geoffery is actually the funniest asides Lasbrey. Maybe I'm a poor observer, I don't know what I missed cos I haven't missed any show. cool
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
NoQualms1:

Yes. Not everyone gets there by merit.
please do they use 'connection' to enter
project fame?...

i won't say no,i won't say yes,all i can say is d judges are partial..especially at auditions ,u need to see d quality of voices,u will b surprised judges gave them no,... all the funny auditions u all watch on tv ,will u believe if i say its all set up to make d show interesting??

1 Like

Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
what songs are they performing dis week??
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by ebonyjoke(f): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Seriously, Ugo needs to man up. He is wat I call an ' unfriendly friend '. Tryin to get audience sympathy using sola as an excuse really shows ow shallow minded he is. We'll, Dts d kind of society we live in. Bojuboju friends are everywhere
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
AriDsexy:
Listen to urself dear,if u'r a good musician and have a beautiful voice,u should be able to perform well irrespective of the genre of music.So pls,that's not an excuse joor.
No. I disagree. The main reason why the academy takes them through all the genres of musics is for the contestants to know their forte so they can specialize once the get out of projectfame. No one can do all! You can only try to.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
mrvocalprowess: please do they use 'connection' to enter
project fame?...

i won't say no,i won't say yes,all i can say is d judges are partial..especially at auditions ,u need to see d quality of voices,u will b surprised judges gave them no
You are right. I auditioned with Taiwo in Ilorin where he got a NO. He had to go to Ibadan before he got a YES. And other instances like that, even myself.. Lol! cool grin
all the funny auditions u all watch on tv ,will u believe if i say its all set up to make d show interesting??
That might not be entirely true. At the auditions venue, I saw some people and I wondered what their business were coming to projectfame. Naturally and instinctively while most of us were waiting for our turns to audition, we took toilet trips every now and then using that as an avenue to do a quick rehearsal. I watched a guy rapping. I mean those lines with rhymes like 'rain', 'Cain (Abel's story), 'obey', in fact 'projectfame'..lol! And of course like me had the hope of getting a YES. There are real clowns and I met superb singers too. Omolayo of season 6 gave a group of us a pep talk. Taiwo stood beside me. cool
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: You are right. I auditioned with Taiwo in Ilorin where he got a NO. He had to go to Ibadan before he got a YES. And other instances like that, even myself.. Lol! cool grin
That might not be entirely true. At the auditions venue, I saw some people and I wondered what their business were coming to projectfame. Naturally and instinctively while most of us were waiting for our turns to audition, we took toilet trips every now and then using that as an avenue to do a quick rehearsal. I watched a guy rapping. I mean those lines with rhymes like 'rain', 'Cain (Abel's story), 'obey', in fact 'projectfame'..lol! And of course like me had the hope of getting a YES. There are real clowns and I met superb singers too. Omolayo of season 6 gave a group of us a pep talk. Taiwo stood beside me. cool
u know the 1st auditions ain't recorded? only d 2nd auditions are recorded and shown on tv,my point now is,how do these bad singers even pass d 1st stage??
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Dygeasy(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
mrvocalprowess: u know the 1st auditions ain't recorded? only d 2nd auditions are recorded and shown on tv,my point now is,how do these bad singers even pass d 1st stage??
lol! Well, maybe you're right afterall.
Re: Mtn Project Fame Season 7.0 Official Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please keep voting my girl Ruky, text 15 to 306 thanks........

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (48) (Reply)

Praise' Wife Is Older Than Him, She's 60 Something - Brighto / BBNaija: Tacha Disqualified From The Big Brother House / BBNaija: Bally Sucks Ese's Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.