Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! (83285 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Summer Car Care Tip #1 - You can never be too careful when it comes to your brakes, so these are included in all of our seasonal car care posts. If pressing your brake pedal is getting too soft, too hard, or too noisy, then it’s time to get them assessed – and likely replaced. Do it now before your pads are completely gone and you damage the brakes permanently.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
How to sell #9
- Keep your plates (can be used for your next car) and the plate portion of the registration permit. The plates are still yours, and stick with you.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS) fitted to selected Toyota models improves the effectiveness of Toyota’s bi-xenon HID headlights by changing the direction of the low-beam headlights in relation to steering angle and vehicle speed. In effect, as you enter a corner, the headlights will adjust to point the beam into the corner, improving illumination of the road rather than simply shining ahead at the verge or pavement. The wider lighted area provided by AFS is another example of the lengths to which Toyota will go to improve driver confidence and occupant safety.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
“I should have gotten the All-Wheel Drive” – actually probably not, you can get 2015 Toyota RAV4

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
CarXus:
“I should have gotten the All-Wheel Drive” – actually probably not, you can get 2015 Toyota RAV4

Abatically, nurey, come see rav4 magic.

Err, I actually don't trust this advert one bit. That CUV isn't anywhere near dry offroad worthy not to talk of water fording.
Whose gonna try this will kiss that vehicle bye cos that vehicle will find its new home in Kazeem's workshop.

1 Like

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by nurey(m): 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
lomomike:

Abatically, nurey, come see rav4 magic.

Err, I actually don't trust this advert one bit. That CUV isn't anywhere near dry offroad worthy not to talk of water fording.
Whose gonna try this will kiss that vehicle bye cos that vehicle will find its new home in Kazeem's workshop.

I don't even fancy the rav 4 one bit, but I aint gonna ride any of my cars in water if I can avoid it. But if the op allow me test drive it at oniru beach, then I will give my feed back in cartalk.

The way the exhaust of this car will suck in water, it would be like a toddler sucking on Bobo.

1 Like

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
[center]5 Bad Habits of New Car Owners That Ruin a Vehicle’s Value[/center]

1. Riding dirty.

2. Driving hard.

3. Customizing your vehicle.

4. Failing to keep records.

5. Seeking service from a stranger.
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
When Is The Best Time To Buy Your Next New or Used Car?

There are a few times when you can get the best deal on a brand new car from a dealership. The main tip to remember is to buy at the end of the month. Dealerships work on sales targets and if they are struggling to hit their targets they will get desperate by the end of the month and if you play the game a little bit you can get some great deals. Also it’s worth knowing that in the height of July and August and in mid December dealerships are at their quietest and really need the sales, so you can find great deals then too.

Another great time to get the best deal is to head to a dealership when a new model is taking over from an old model. I know some people who got amazing deals on a brand new, older shape Ford Focus once the new one was released. Dealers are stuck with old stock and need it shifted.
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Florida Man Removes His Kid’s Tooth With A Camaro SS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtLQS2W7CA
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tesla Model X

Expected for delivery in late 2015, Tesla's Model X is a vehicle a lot of people are excited about. The seven-passenger Model X promises to be more versatile and family-friendly than the Model S, and will double the size of Tesla’s current U.S. lineup when it eventually goes on sale.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 05, 2015
CarXus:
Hey, guys, sometimes it's really hard to sell or buy a car/cars. You may spend hours by searching the buyer or the best deal for yourself. We did a lot of research on this matter and have some solutions for you. Feel free to read some tips and suggestions on how to buy and sell cars in Nigeria!

Please i am considering buying a 2004 Nissa Pathfinder or 2003 Honda Pilot in the SUV category

or

Honda Accord 2006 or 2004 Corolla in the Sedan category.

What are the pros and cons of the automobiles in each category?

Thanks!!!
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Santa Fe has tons of safety features including:

-7 Airbags
-Traction Control System (TCS)
-Electronic Stability Control
-Vehicle Stability Management
-Anti-lock Braking System
-Electronic Brake-force Distribution

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
papawemba:

Please i am considering buying a 2004 Nissa Pathfinder or 2003 Honda Pilot in the SUV category

or

Honda Accord 2006 or 2004 Corolla in the Sedan category.

What are the pros and cons of the automobiles in each category?

Thanks!!!

Hello, hope you are doing good,
Well, there are some key parameters that you can consider:
Please find images with details in attached files
First one is for Nissan Pathfinder and Honda Pilot

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
CarXus:

Hello, hope you are doing good,
Well, there are some key parameters that you can consider:
Please find images with details in attached files
First one is for Nissan Pathfinder and Honda Pilot

Thanks but how does this solve or answer my question? Kindly explain to me in layman's terms which is better in handling and less problematic and more economical to maintain?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
papawemba:

Thanks but how does this solve or answer my question? Kindly explain to me in layman's terms which is better in handling and less problematic and more economical to maintain?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Mr.Papawemba,
Thank you for the comment.
Pathfinder is shorter in length than Pilot but I believe has a longer wheelbase. Pilot has a bit more ground clearance, ability to use 4WD when needed and excellent cargo capacity. One more thing about the HIGHLANDER. It`s continously All wheel drive. Meaning, at all times each wheell is turning, so 25% of power is equally distributed to the four wheels. THe 3.3L V6 Engine drinks more fuel than the HONDA.
Hope that will help you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
More than just an electric car

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
CarXus:

Dear Mr.Papawemba,
Thank you for the comment.
Pathfinder is shorter in length than Pilot but I believe has a longer wheelbase. Pilot has a bit more ground clearance, ability to use 4WD when needed and excellent cargo capacity. [b]One more thing about the HIGHLANDER. It`s continously All wheel drive. Meaning, at all times each wheell is turning, so 25% of power is equally distributed to the four wheels[@b]. THe 3.3L V6 Engine drinks more fuel than the HONDA.
Hope that will help you. Thank you

Sorry to interupt, AWD system in Highlander is full time and Its a 50/50 split.
Meaning 50% of the power goes to the front wheels and 50% goes to the rear wheels.

However the fuel economy in highlander is very good. Better than a Pilot. Remember a HIghlander has a 3.0L V6 for facelift, it was upgraded with a 3.3L V6 which was 18 city and 24 highways for AWD and 19 city, 25 highway FWD.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
lomomike:

Meaning 50% of the power goes to the front wheels and 50% goes to the rear wheels.

However the fuel economy in highlander is very good. Better than a Pilot. Remember a HIghlander has a 3.0L V6 for facelift, it was upgraded with a 3.3L V6 which was 18 city and 24 highways for AWD and 19 city, 25 highway FWD.

Thank you Lomomike for the information!
Appreciate it
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Spring cleaning your car isn’t just the exterior either.
You’ll want to clean all the exterior parts but also get out anything that might have been accrued while getting in and out of the vehicle. You might not realize how many foreign objects you might have brought in to your vehicle or things that you thought you lost; receipts, money, school papers, toys, food, candy, etc…

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
3 Tips For Saving Money On Auto Parts

1. Look for Used Parts
2. Buy Aftermarket Auto Parts
3. Visit an Auto Salvage Yard
An auto salvage yard can be a goldmine when you are looking for inexpensive auto parts that are in excellent condition.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Does your Vehicle Have Exhaustatosis? Read On!
A bad, leaky or broken exhaust can:
Create poor gas mileage
Can “pop” engine lights
Be hard on valves and pistons
Can damage O2 sensors

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Clues for Manual versus Automatic Vehicles
The signs your car needs transmission repair differ slightly if you have a manual or automatic transmission system. There are other clues for manual transmission.
If it is difficult to move the gear shift into gear, or the clutch sticks when you depress it to make a change, the transmission needs help. The car may have a tendency to slip into neutral, even while driving.
With proper maintenance and close attention to fluid levels, the car’s transmission should last a long time. If these problems pop up while you are idling or driving, take your vehicle in for transmission repair.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
How to Sell your Car Online?

So you decided to sell your car? But worried about how you will find buyer for your car with your busy office schedule? Then leave your worries to CarXus.com- a Online Market place to connect Used Car buyers and Used Car Seller.

How it works?
With modern technology car buying and selling made so easy. We can easily find multiple car buyers for our car. To sell your Car all you need to Visit our website CarXus.com and click “Sell Your Car” link from top navigation menu and then select “Seller Car as an owner” and Chose Car listing type i.e Express or
Advance.

Express Listing
Express listing is for busy people who do not have time to post all car details but want to sell cars as soon as possible. Using Express Listing you can list your car for sale in few minutes, You are not required to give much details about your cars. As you not mentioned much details about your car n express listing you may get more calls from car buyers to clear their doubts about your cars listing so you have to prepared to answer car buyers questions about your car so that they can decide whether to buy your car or not.
To list your using express listing kindly click following link
http://www.carxus.com/en/AddInventory/Express

Advance Listing
Using advance listing you can give full information about your car including your car condition. There is more possibility that you will get call from buyer who already convinced with your car description and decided to buy your car.
To sell your car using advance listing please click below link.
http://www.carxus.com/en/AddInventory/Add?TempID=2c97e789-87ae-4500-b3d0-86bf9686623d
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Buying Your First Car: Learn the Five C’s of Car Buying
Cash flow
Condition
Credit
Coverage
Cash or loan

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by chucky234(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
lomomike:

You try oooo
Comparing top trim Highlander with base model pilot, ojoro
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why is There Noise When Turning my Steering Wheel?
Front End Noises and Possible Problems:

Clunk, squeak, click, or creak: These noises usually indicated worn shocks, suspension bushings, ball joints or tie rods. These noises can also be accompanied by wandering, poor ride quality or vibrations.
Metallic grind or ring: These noises usually are from worn brake components. Look into replacing your either your pads, shoes or rotors soon!
Crunching or clicking while turning sharply: Your CV joint has likely gone bad and should be replaced.
Hum: A hum usually indicates the wheel bearing is going bad. This should be checked out by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible.
Screech, squeal or whine: These sounds usually indicate a problem in your power steering system, either a lose belt, bad pump or low power steering fluid.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
How To Install Replacement LED Bulbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2wdo6T-0I#t=61
Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
What you see above could be an early glimpse into what the 2065 Chevy Malibu might look like. True, it’s rare for an automaker to tease us with product that’s 50 years away. For now, this is just a design concept that Chevy has dubbed the FNR and unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show.

Re: Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! by CarXus: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
For drivers who want to be more proactive with their vehicle care, here are some simple ways for car owners to remember what has a maintenance interval.
First: Fluids. If it’s liquid, it’s got a replacement schedule. Oil, transmission fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, differential fluid, etc.
Then think tires. They need air, rotation, balancing, and alignment. And while you’re thinking tires, don’t forget brakes and shock absorbers.
And what makes your car or truck go? Air and fuel. That means air filter replacement, fuel filters, and fuel system cleaning.
And if you don’t follow recommended service intervals? You get lousy MPG, your car or truck doesn’t run as well, your safety is compromised, and you’ll spend more money in the long run. So it’s the same as everything else: The quality of your motoring life takes a hit and it ends up costing you more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

See How This Abuja Taxi Driver Packaged Himself / Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.