Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? (3878 Views)

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

This is what we call "fake miracles"

Lazarus was not raised from the dead while being on life support.

Had they been healed with no medication involved, you would have had a point

1. Miracles are occurrences that defy the laws of nature and science. The doctors say that Lourdes miracles defy nature and science.

2. "Many" were on medication, not "all."

I will give an example: if a drug is meant to control, not eradicate a disease...and on praying at Lourdes, all traces of the disease disappear, Jesus has suspended the laws of the nature he created.

A miracle has taken place.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Kay17: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2014
italo: ?

I'm talking to you, not Wikipedia.

You say it is irrational to believe the universe came from God.

Where then do you believe the universe came from?

By reason, did reason and logic emerge from thoughtless randomness?

You are still too scared to attempt these questions.

When you confront these questions in your heart, you'll be on your way out of the confusion that is Atheism.

smiley

The issue stems from the assumptions you drag from Christianity into the scientific theory. In Christianity, God is classified as a necessary being while other entities are contingent. Therefore creation must come from only God. But the Big Ban.g theory doesn't have such assumptions and neither makes assertions about events prior to the Ban.g other than mention a singularity. If you are expecting the Big Ban.g to identify a necessary being or element, you wouldn't get it.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Kay17:
The issue stems from the assumptions you drag from Christianity into the scientific theory. In Christianity, God is classified as a necessary being while other entities are contingent. Therefore creation must come from only God. But the Big Ban.g theory doesn't have such assumptions and neither makes assertions about events prior to the Ban.g other than mention a singularity. If you are expecting the Big Ban.g to identify a necessary being or element, you wouldn't get it.

That's for the 'big bang theory.'

I'm talking to you:

By reason, did reason and logic emerge from thoughtless randomness?

You are still too scared to attempt these questions.

When you confront these questions in your heart, you'll be on your way out of the confusion that is Atheism.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2014
italo:

1. Miracles are occurrences that defy the laws of nature and science. The doctors say that Lourdes miracles defy nature and science.

I will give an example: if a drug is meant to control, not eradicate a disease...and on praying at Lourdes, all traces of the disease disappear, Jesus has suspended the laws of the nature he created.

@ bold

1) The disease causing bacteria/virus could have evolved a weakness to the drug.

2) A herb (or foodstuff) taken in conjunction with the drugs could have helped eradicate the disease. Many people get positive results with natural herbs coupled with modern medicine for their cancer.

So do not be quick to call miracles which have failed to save 99% of sick people. Just walk into any catholic or christian hospital and you will see many faithful dying like chickens in a slaughterhouse
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Kay17: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2014
@italo

Thankfully you have dropped the universe out of nothing talk.

Isn't gravity a thoughtless process? Since there is no intelligent agent behind it, I can therefore say it is thoughtless. Same goes with mechanical processes.

For God to create the Universe from nothing (as I have endless repeated) is an absurd contradiction. It is similar to picking out a rabbit from an empty pocket.

There is another misconception from you and your ilk that reason/logic are inventions. Think about this deeply, can causality (as a principle) be invented? No. Same with reason.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by jnrbayano(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
italo:

The doctors say "miracles" happen.

The same doctors who administer the drugs and know the limitations of the drugs say that miracles happen. They say that God has worked wonders that exceed the limitations of the drugs and science.

Hallelujah!

*I know that satan in you is green with envy.

smiley

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Weah96: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
italo: ?

There's a lot of hand waving in the big bang theory, I'm willing to concede that. However, at worst, it's an indication that nobody knows, at least not the scientists. The only people claiming to know with a hundred percent certainty are YOU GUYS, and you're unwilling to provide evidence of your claims, outside of the claim itself. You also know what happens when people die.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje1: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
italo:

You don't have a creed. You can't have a creed.

You just claim nonsense you can't defend...and refute what you don't know or understand.

atheism is confusion.

Which nonsense? that your god is nothing but a a man made idea just like all the other gods out there or that your religion is nothing but ancient fiction and mythology just like all the other religions out there?. . .Which of them haven't I defended?. . .
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2014
italo:

#fake miracles
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by macof(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
donroxy: life based Observation 1

An American asked a Nigerian, why is Logic not allowed to preside over Mega Nigeria ?

Then the Nigerian answered :

According to Part 1 section 1(1) , the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is the supreme document for Nigerians and not what our Logic define to be right nor wrong therefore, in order not to run into trouble in the longrun , we must conform with the provisions of our constitution and not what our Logic defined to be right nor wrong !!

Then , the foolish American said :

Hey , sharap, stop quoting your constitution for Non-Nigeria , why can't you use Logic and life -based observation to express yourself !! grin ........ grin ....... ( a person whose IQ is up2date would already seen the stupidity on the part of the American) !!

Life based observation 2

The Logic of two homosexual define that both of them can marry one another , yes, Western system support that, but under the constitution of Nigeria , it is 14years imprisonment , Unfortunately, the Logic of Homosexuals doesn't preside over the Supreme Document of Nigerians

Life based Observation 3

In 2007, General Olusegun Obasanjo's logic defined that He should spend third term in Office after spending two tenures as allowed by the constitution (Chapter 6 section 135 is very clear) ..... But foolish Macof said :

why should Nigerian Constitution be cited against Obasanjo, why not life based observation to allowed his Logic precide !!

What does Intelligence shown ?

Intelligence is what you used to ascertain whether you are conforming with required pattern or being starkly foolish ....... !!!

intelligence tells you if there is deviation in patterns, where the deviation occurs and why the deviation as well as corrective measures to put in place !!

In an Organised system that has a document guiding them , it is not about what You feel right nor wrong , it is about what the document states especially regarding your conduct Religiously i.e something to be done repetitively !!

Where each and every human should be allowed to deplore his/her own Logic then Human would have a ''lose systems'' like animals even in Animal Kingdom, they have a kinda Order too i.e a pattern they often abide by (Watch Nat Geo Wild or AnimalPlanet) ...... Yes, some animals even got punished for deviation in pattern !!! ..... Imagine , Animals oo !!!

Religion has never stopped me from using my IQ, infact , it has helped my growth Intelligently !!

Conclusion :
There is no logic behind saying there is no GOD , that is the highest level of Foolishness a Man can attain !!

This is just very foolish Andy stupid. Nigerian laws aren't universal, it doesn't apply in American.

Ur religious dogmas don't apply in my life, to teach me about ur God your don't quote.ur Bible or Quran to me because I would never regard it.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
macof:
This is just very foolish Andy stupid. Nigerian laws aren't universal, it doesn't apply in American.

Ur religious dogmas don't apply in my life, to teach me about ur God your don't quote.ur Bible or Quran to me because I would never regard it.
Puff Puff I thought you've jump-off ! ... It took your quashed skull donkey years to think through what to post tongue

I've even forgotten about this .... And up there I presented Logic if such is still too much for your brain's comprehension .... Then I've vindicated myself by not quoting Bible/quran for you as required !!

Ok , Na u win !! ..... cheesy
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
donroxy: life based Observation 1

An American asked a Nigerian, why is Logic not allowed to preside over Mega Nigeria ?

Then the Nigerian answered :

According to Part 1 section 1(1) , the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is the supreme document for Nigerians and not what our Logic define to be right nor wrong therefore, in order not to run into trouble in the longrun , we must conform with the provisions of our constitution and not what our Logic defined to be right nor wrong !!

Then , the foolish American said :

Hey , sharap, stop quoting your constitution for Non-Nigeria , why can't you use Logic and life -based observation to express yourself !! grin ........ grin ....... ( a person whose IQ is up2date would already seen the stupidity on the part of the American) !!

Life based observation 2

The Logic of two homosexual define that both of them can marry one another , yes, Western system support that, but under the constitution of Nigeria , it is 14years imprisonment , Unfortunately, the Logic of Homosexuals doesn't preside over the Supreme Document of Nigerians

Life based Observation 3

In 2007, General Olusegun Obasanjo's logic defined that He should spend third term in Office after spending two tenures as allowed by the constitution (Chapter 6 section 135 is very clear) ..... But foolish Macof said :

why should Nigerian Constitution be cited against Obasanjo, why not life based observation to allowed his Logic precide !!

What does Intelligence shown ?

Intelligence is what you used to ascertain whether you are conforming with required pattern or being starkly foolish ....... !!!

intelligence tells you if there is deviation in patterns, where the deviation occurs and why the deviation as well as corrective measures to put in place !!

In an Organised system that has a document guiding them , it is not about what You feel right nor wrong , it is about what the document states especially regarding your conduct Religiously i.e something to be done repetitively !!

Where each and every human should be allowed to deplore his/her own Logic then Human would have a ''lose systems'' like animals even in Animal Kingdom, they have a kinda Order too i.e a pattern they often abide by (Watch Nat Geo Wild or AnimalPlanet) ...... Yes, some animals even got punished for deviation in pattern !!! ..... Imagine , Animals oo !!!

Religion has never stopped me from using my IQ, infact , it has helped my growth Intelligently !!

Conclusion :
There is no logic behind saying there is no GOD , that is the highest level of Foolishness a Man can attain !!

You are silly. When did the Nigerian constitution become an all-rational document that Nigerians must follow at all times like slaves? Even Americans ammend their constitution when it doesnt work.

From your post, you can not differentiate between logic and submission to authority.

You are highly unintelligent

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
. . .
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by macof(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
donroxy: Puff Puff I thought you've jump-off ! ... It took your quashed skull donkey years to think through what to post tongue

I've even forgotten about this .... And up there I presented Logic if such is still too much for your brain's comprehension .... Then I've vindicated myself by not quoting Bible/quran for you as required !!

Ok , Na u win !! ..... cheesy

Well not everyone is as jobless as u are.

Tell me about God the creator of the universe without going to what desert men have written..its that simple
The fact that u can't think outside ur holy book is a pointer to your foolishness and stupidity, ur brain doesn't work on it's own.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
You are silly. When did the Nigerian constitution become an all-rational document that Nigerians must follow at all times like slaves? Even Americans ammend their constitution when it doesnt work.

From your post, you can not differentiate between logic and submission to authority.

You are highly unintelligent
Abi jare my brother !!
Macof 2 .. You are welcome ! Na u win too !
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
macof:

Well not everyone is as jobless as u are.

Tell me about God the creator of the universe without going to what desert men have written..its that simple
The fact that u can't think outside ur holy book is a pointer to your foolishness and stupidity, ur brain doesn't work on it's own.
Oya face ur Job !

Na you win na !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Archpriest Says The Future Belongs To Muslim Russians! Photo / Richest Pastors In The World 2020: No. 1 Will Shock You / Marian Apparitions: Divine Or Demonic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.