Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? (3962 Views)

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

If the body of a person can remain incorruptible for centuries, why can't a virgin give birth to a child.

You prefer the comfort of ignorance than to challenge yourself and research.

lol....incorruptible?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol...keep hyping up your fake miracles grin grin grin grin

Atheist doctors...lol

You'd rather make a joke of it than to research and vetify what I have said.

You love your ignorance and atheism that much.

smiley
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol....incorruptible?

Many of these miracles are there for you to research.

Unfortunately, you want to die in ignorance.

smiley
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

If the body of a person can remain incorruptible for centuries, why can't a virgin give birth to a child.

All these things happen only in fictitious stories NOT in reality. . .
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

Italo thinks that I will bother arguing with him and his fairytales

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Tk2DBjdILl4/T1vXKpzlqLI/AAAAAAAAACI/Ca2mfHZp4xc/s1600/thomas-paine-arguing-600x305.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

TheBigUrban2:
Italo thinks that I will bother arguing with him and his fairytales
[img]http://1.bp..com/-Tk2DBjdILl4/T1vXKpzlqLI/AAAAAAAAACI/Ca2mfHZp4xc/s1600/thomas-paine-arguing-600x305.jpg[/img]

I have nothing to lose if you choose to remain a non-entity behind your keyboard.

smiley

The tilma of our Lady of Guadalupe is there, the incorruptible Saints are there, Lourdes Medical Bureau is there.

Hard Evidence of miracles!

smiley
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje1: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:
I said read about Lourdes Medical Bureau so that you will know that no miracle is certified there by the Church without scientists certifying it as defying the law of nature.
Every scientist is invited to be a part of this Bureau, including Atheists. And Atheist doctors have been known to become Catholic because of what they have seen.
The non-entities like you prefer to wallow ignorance, hiding behind your keyboard.
Get up and find things out!

Here is a very balanced and well written article on Lourdes Medical Bureau from the economist magazine. . . . .Your claims are misleading or just false. . .

http://www.economist.com/node/304212

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje1: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

I have nothing to lose if you choose to remain a non-entity behind your keyboard.

smiley

The tilma of our Lady of Guadalupe is there, the incorruptible Saints are there, Lourdes Medical Bureau is there.

Hard Evidence of miracles!

smiley

You are a liar. . .from the economist article it says. . .

"Since most patients now have some sort of medical treatment before coming to the shrine, disentangling its impact from the Lourdes effect is also increasingly difficult. The Medical Bureau is investigating one woman with polyarthritis, which had crippled most of her joints, who was able to move again after her rituals at Lourdes (a place whose damp tries even the able-bodied, let alone the arthritic). Blood tests showed changes in the levels of certain immunological molecules linked to the disease before and after her declared cure. But since she had also been taking cortisone for her illness, however ineffective it proved for the symptoms, an unexplainable cure was harder to pin down."

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Because all religion flies in the face of logic.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Because all religion flies in the face of logic.
What do you mean by this?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

It's not that you don't want to tell me, its because you have nothing to tell me. . .

grin grin
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Kay17: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Let's all start from a common ground - the place of faith in Christianity/Islam - Faith is definitely the life of Christianity, there is no Christian without Faith, right?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Weah96: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

Who remained incorruptible for centuries?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mmsen: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

How can you be certain that we dont know when you don't know yourself.

This is the irrationality one has to have to be an Atheist.

When you make claims for that which you have no proof then you are lying to the world and probably yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Onyegecha(f): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
MrAnony1:
Which of them told you that logic is not allowed?

Please quote from the bible, the torah and the quran the passages that told you to avoid logic.

They don't need to tell us anything. It is obvious. When you believe that a book written by human beings is the word of of God, it goes against common sense. Believing that there are is one God and yet you split him into three can only happen in the realm of the illogical. Believing that only the religion you practice can take one to God is crazy. How can anyone swallow the story of the tower of Babel if he does not first divest himself of all elements of common sense? Any attempt to reason with believers will be met with the cliche that there is no logic in the word of God. You just have to believe without proof.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Onyegecha(f): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
I believe in God. I also believe in miracles because the world itself is a miracle. What i don't get is why any group of people should colonize God and make Him their exclusive property. We don't know His (or her) name or character beyond what nature tells us, yet we tear each other up over unfounded beliefs based on some ancient writs. This would not be the case if we all could subject everything we are told in our various temples to the test of common sense and logicality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by MrAnony1(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Onyegecha:

They don't need to tell us anything. It is obvious.
Interesting....

When you believe that a book written by human beings is the word of of God, it goes against common sense.
Why do you think that it is impossible for God to deliver His word through human beings?

Believing that there are is one God and yet you split him into three can only happen in the realm of the illogical.
I wonder who splits God into three. please name the person.

Believing that only the religion you practice can take one to God is crazy.
Why do you think that it is crazy for there to be only one way to God?

How can anyone swallow the story of the tower of Babel if he does not first divest himself of all elements of common sense?
What is it about the story of babel that is anti-common sense?

Any attempt to reason with believers will be met with the cliche that there is no logic in the word of God. You just have to believe without proof.
I wonder what sort of believers you have been meeting.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by MrAnony1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
I have given clear examples. It is not my fault that you want to close your eyes
You have? Where?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by qstar(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Onyegecha: I believe in God. I also believe in miracles.

What is "miracle"?

What makes you believe in "miracles"?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by macof(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

Incorruptible grin grin

Yh we would research a baby produced without sperm

Any sensible person can see from your comments how Christianity is strictly against logic

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by macof(m): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo: I wonder! undecided

My religion embraces logic and reason more than any other group I know.

grin grin cheesy says the nigga that believes his saviour would come back on a horse from the sky
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by macof(m): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
donroxy: Yes, you were created a logical being so as for you to able to distinguish right from wrong , positive from negative and in the longrun , whatever your resolution is shall be reviewed by your creator and you shall be adjudged !!

Religion is simply based on Belief (Faith) and Humanitarianism (Love) !!

In Religion , Faith and Humanitarianism is never based on Logic i.e your own mere conception or what you felt is the right or wrong !

because :

The essence of Religion is to satisfy your creator and to satisfy your creator , you have to conform with HIS Do's and Don'ts or else your soul will bear some consequence in the longrun when your body dies !!

And did the creator ever tell you he wanted you to satisfy it?
And in what way it wants d satisfaction?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Because all religion flies in the face of logic.

Not Satanism. The only religion based on logic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Weah96:

Ramesses II
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

Here is a very balanced and well written article on Lourdes Medical Bureau from the economist magazine. . . . .Your claims are misleading or just false. . .

http://www.economist.com/node/304212

The article corroborates my points.

That no miracle is approved without being rigorously scrutinized by scientists and declared to have defied scientific explanation by them.

Nothing I said is misleading or false.

It's just driving the devil in you crazy that there's hard evidence for miracles.

grin
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

You are a liar. . .from the economist article it says. . .

"Since most patients now have some sort of medical treatment before coming to the shrine, disentangling its impact from the Lourdes effect is also increasingly difficult. The Medical Bureau is investigating one woman with polyarthritis, which had crippled most of her joints, who was able to move again after her rituals at Lourdes (a place whose damp tries even the able-bodied, let alone the arthritic). Blood tests showed changes in the levels of certain immunological molecules linked to the disease before and after her declared cure. But since she had also been taking cortisone for her illness, however ineffective it proved for the symptoms, an unexplainable cure was harder to pin down."

The article saying nothing against my points.

Point out the lie.

grin
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kay17: Let's all start from a common ground - the place of faith in Christianity/Islam - Faith is definitely the life of Christianity, there is no Christian without Faith, right?

Of course.

There's no human without faith. It just depends who or what you have faith in...and the extent of faith one has.

Christians have faith in Jesus.

Wives have faith in husbands.

Children have faith in parents.

Students have faith in teachers.

Many have faith in scientists.

smiley
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Kay17: 12:08am On Jul 23, 2014
italo:

Of course.

There's no human without faith. It just depends who or what you have faith in...and the extent of faith one has.

Christians have faith in Jesus.

Wives have faith in husbands.

Children have faith in parents.

Students have faith in teachers.

Many have faith in scientists.

smiley

I agree with you.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Kay17: 12:11am On Jul 23, 2014
@italo

But faith can not be used to test the truthfulness or falsehood of an idea or thought
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 12:21am On Jul 23, 2014
Weah96:

Many.

E.g St. Clare of Montefalco, St. Catherine of Bologna etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ose Ti Nkan Bale Tan(soap To Use To Open Way When Things Become More Difficult) / Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / Holy Week Journey To The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.