Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? (3884 Views)

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Onyegecha(f): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
We were created to be logical beings. That is what distinguishes us from other animals we call lower beings. We apply logic and common sense in everything we do but when it comes to religion, we are told to keep logic out of it. Is that not why the entire religious world is in chaos?

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Truth24(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
I don't know ooo cry

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by qstar(m): 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
When it comes to religion, you use faith. And "faith" means, "pls become a slowpoke for the moment", "accept illogicalities", "do not question", "suspend your reasoning"

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
I should own this thread very soon !!

We coming 4 Ya !!
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe.
- - Carl Sagan

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
- - Benjamin Franklin

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence
- - Unknown

I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them
- - Galileo Galilei

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by freethinker01: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist: - - Carl Sagan

- - Benjamin Franklin

- - Unknown

- - Galileo Galilei
accepting religion and following it without questioning is synonymous to a redundant brain....... My quote.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
Op, don't you think that it is even a logical contradiction to think that religion does not admit logic? This is what I mean, lady.

If anything cannot be explained logically, by what means are you suggesting that it does not admit logic?

If you don't get me you can ask for clarification.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Onyegecha: We were created to be logical beings. That is what distinguishes us from other animals we call lower beings. We apply logic and common sense in everything we do but when it comes to religion, we are told to keep logic out of it. Is that not why the entire religious world is in chaos?
Yes, you were created a logical being so as for you to able to distinguish right from wrong , positive from negative and in the longrun , whatever your resolution is shall be reviewed by your creator and you shall be adjudged !!

Religion is simply based on Belief (Faith) and Humanitarianism (Love) !!

In Religion , Faith and Humanitarianism is never based on Logic i.e your own mere conception or what you felt is the right or wrong !

because :

The essence of Religion is to satisfy your creator and to satisfy your creator , you have to conform with HIS Do's and Don'ts or else your soul will bear some consequence in the longrun when your body dies !!
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Weah96: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Reyginus: Op, don't you think that it is even a logical contradiction to think that religion does not admit logic? This is what I mean, lady.

If anything cannot be explained logically, by what means are you suggesting that it does not admit logic?

If you don't get me you can ask for clarification.

Whatchu talkin bout bro?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Weah96:

Whatchu talkin bout bro?
How can you say that something does no permit logic using logic?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by MrAnony1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Onyegecha: We were created to be logical beings. That is what distinguishes us from other animals we call lower beings. We apply logic and common sense in everything we do but when it comes to religion, we are told to keep logic out of it. Is that not why the entire religious world is in chaos?
First of all, animals use logic. Secondly, please which religion is it that tells you to avoid logic?
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
MrAnony1:
First of all, animals use logic. Secondly, please which religion is it that tells you to avoid logic?
I wonder! undecided

My religion embraces logic and reason more than any other group I know.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo: I wonder! undecided
My religion embraces logic and reason more than any other group I know.
MrAnony1:

Judaism, Christianity, Islam.....these three are illogical religions.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Because they claim that logic and reason came from an intelligent being, while you Atheists claim that logic and reason emerged from thoughtlessness and randomness. isn't then, all your 'logic' a part of that thoughtlessness and randomness and of no value?

How can you be reasonable when you claim that our existence has no reason and purpose?

The foolishness of Atheism!

smiley
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

Because they claim that logic and reason came from an intelligent being, while you Atheists claim that logic and reason emerged from thoughtlessness and randomness. isn't then, all your 'logic' a part of that thoughtlessness and randomness and of no value?

How can you be reasonable when you claim that our existence has no reason and purpose?

smiley

What is the reason and purpose of human existence?. . . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

smiley

grin grin grin

I sense your pain. But I will make this easy for you;

The Abrahamic religions all accept/believe in the power of miracles. Miracles themselves being an illogical or irrational concept- the impossible becoming the possible. A contradiction.

For instance, a dead man coming to life (Jesus). This dead man was beaten, nailed to a cross for hours, stabbed in the side to check if he was alive and then buried for three days. Yet, we are to believe that he came back to life. What irrationality.

For instance, we are to believe that Prophet Muhammad split the moon into two.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

What is the reason and purpose of human existence?. . . .

I dont want to tell you.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

I dont want to tell you.

It's not that you don't want to tell me, its because you have nothing to tell me. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
grin grin grin

The Abrahamic religions all accept/believe in the power of miracles. Miracles themselves being an illogical or irrational concept- the impossible becoming the possible. A contradiction.

For instance, a dead man coming to life (Jesus). This dead man was beaten, nailed to a cross for hours, stabbed in the side to check if he was alive and then buried for three days. Yet, we are to believe that he came back to life. What irrationality.

It is irrational not to believe in miracles because they happen...even to this day.

Many have been scrutinized by scientists and they defy the laws of nature.

Read about the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Lourdes Medical Bureau and the incorruptible saints...for a start.

It seems that you're grossly ignorant about pertinent things.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

It's not that you don't want to tell me, its because you have nothing to tell me. . .

I dont want to tell you. Even if you threaten suicide.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

A virgin gave birth to a child. . .A man lived inside a fish for 3 days. . .stars fight along side humans. . .Donkey's talk. . .A flood once covered the whole earth about 4300 years ago. . .All humans descended from one Jewish man and Jewish woman and finally Mohammed ascended into paradise on the back of a winged beast. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mazaje(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

I dont want to tell you. Even if you threaten suicide.

Suicide?. . .Am not your god that killed himself(committed suicide) for 3 days as a sacrifice to himself to save the world from the mess he created according to the story you guys were indoctrinated with. .I repeat you have nothing to say. . .Next!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by uzoexcel(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by MrAnony1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Which of them told you that logic is not allowed?

Please quote from the bible, the torah and the quran the passages that told you to avoid logic.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

It is irrational not to believe in miracles because they happen...even to this day.

Many have been scrutinized by scientists and they defy the laws of nature.

Read about the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Lourdes Medical Bureau and the incorruptible saints...for a start.

It seems that you're grossly ignorant about pertinent things.

lol....the same Lourdes that couldnt heal a cripple on BBC? Abeg shift with your fake miracles

1 Like

Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
MrAnony1:
Which of them told you that logic is not allowed?

Please quote from the bible, the torah and the quran the passages that told you to avoid logic.

I have given clear examples. It is not my fault that you want to close your eyes
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
lol....the same Lourdes that couldnt heal a cripple on BBC? Abeg shift with your fake miracles

I said read about Lourdes Medical Bureau so that you will know that no miracle is certified there by the Church without scientists certifying it as defying the law of nature.

Every scientist is invited to be a part of this Bureau, including Atheists. And Atheist doctors have been known to become Catholic because of what they have seen.

The non-entities like you prefer to wallow ignorance, hiding behind your keyboard.

Get up and find things out!
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

Suicide?. . .Am not your god that killed himself(committed suicide) for 3 days as a sacrifice to himself to save the world from the mess he created according to the story you guys were indoctrinated with. .I repeat you have nothing to say. . .Next!

^^^unlike you who has a lot to say...as the above.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by mmsen: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
There are a number of events that stump the intellect of man, at any point in history. But there usually comes a time when people realise the cause and that issue ceases to be a 'miracle'.

A miracle is simply people saying that they do not know. Which is fine. It is better to say that you do not know than to claim erroneous knowledge vis-a-vis the church.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje:

A virgin gave birth to a child. . .A man lived inside a fish for 3 days. . .stars fight along side humans. . .Donkey's talk. . .A flood once covered the whole earth about 4300 years ago. . .All humans descended from one Jewish man and Jewish woman and finally Mohammed ascended into paradise on the back of a winged beast. . .

If the body of a person can remain incorruptible for centuries, why can't a virgin give birth to a child.

You prefer the comfort of ignorance than to challenge yourself and research.
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by TheBigUrban2: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
italo:

I said read about Lourdes Medical Bureau so that you will know that no miracle is certified there by the Church without scientists certifying it as defying the law of nature.

Every scientist is invited to be a part of this Bureau, including Atheists. And Atheist doctors have been known to become Catholic because of what they have seen.

The non-entities like you prefer to wallow ignorance, hiding behind your keyboard.

Get up and find things out!

lol...keep hyping up your fake miracles grin grin grin grin

Atheist doctors...lol
Re: Why Is Logic Not Allowed In The Mega Religions Of The World? by italo: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
mmsen: There are a number of events that stump the intellect of man, at any point in history. But there usually comes a time when people realise the cause and that issue ceases to be a 'miracle'.

A miracle is simply people saying that they do not know. Which is fine. It is better to say that you do not know than to claim erroneous knowledge vis-a-vis the church.

How can you be certain that we dont know when you don't know yourself.

This is the irrationality one has to have to be an Atheist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most People Call Freemasonry Evil / News Flash: God Is Dead / Your Uniqueness As A Woman! By : Pst. Faith Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.