Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story (153877 Views)

A Love And Hate Relationship (based On A Truelife Story) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Flakeey(f): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2014
Awwww..so sweet
loving this

nice update PrettyS
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
The chemistry between Liz n caleb is grow stonger n dey dont seem to need Rukky's match-making plot any longa.

Tank Prettyspicey for taking ur time to keep us entertainedsmiley
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Mzmira(f): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
nyce update mz spicey more data to yur mb ooo
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by SPSpecial(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Prettyspicey, I love your style of writing. You are awesome.

Am learning.

Oh mehn, see as rukky hinder the true revelation of affection. Am looking forward to the moment the revelation will be made.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by babysmart(f): 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
hmmmn..wat can i say....naija's got talent...ur wrk reminds me of all dose harlequin romance novels....welldon
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by chii8(f): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmm....gradually its coming out.nice one
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by seunviju(f): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
What a lovely story so far,keep it up and thanks for the update
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
babysmart: hmmmn..wat can i say....naija's got talent...ur wrk reminds me of all dose harlequin romance novels....welldon

Thanks babysmart for comparing my work to those of Harlequin's great writers.... I'm honoured
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by OHaddy(f): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
i love your dialogue and descriptive style of writing.. Keep it up. More ideas to ur imagination!

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by SexySapphire(f): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thrilling update as usual. Can't wait for Caleb and Liz to start their romance, wat a lovely family and union it's gonna turn out to be.

As to ur questions, speaking for myself I appreciate u as an amazing writer who takes her time to feed us wit lovely stories without charging a dime. You are one of the few best I've bin opportuned to read their works on Nl.
As for ur novel, I tink the reason why nobody has said nothing about it is cos u've not updated us about the progress recently so I feel we are just waiting to hear about it from u and not just becos people are up just for the free read only. I for one will like to av a hard copy of one of ur works and I hope to get it wen it's out. Wishing u all the best with it and pls let us know as soon as it hits the store. God bless u.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by daveP(m): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
PrettySpicey: READERS NOTICE

I would like to begin by saying a big THANK YOU to all my readers and followers... I sincerely appreciate you all.

I would also like to thank my readers who take the time to comment after every post... believe me when I say your comments are highly valued and they've been a source of encouragement.

Actually I am putting up this notice to address two issues - Comments and My up-coming Romance Novel.

COMMENTS:

I will speak on this, not only for myself but for all writers here on Nairaland.

Writing and Posting whether weekly or several times in a week is a very tedious job that takes not only time and effort but also a whole lot of other things.

Most writers here, myself inclusive, do not work any less hard on the works they publish here as they would on the works they would love to publish for sale. It is same effort, same time, same research, same editing and proofreading. Same everything... no difference.

At least for me there is none. I put as much work into my free reads as I would into works to be published for sale.

Free reads here are just that FREE READS. No one pays the writers for their job or time.

And for us writers we are not asking you to pay for something we willing gave you for free. BUT we need some form of recompense. Some form of appreciation. A token really on your parts as readers. And that something is your COMMENT.

As readers here on Nairaland you read works for free and most of you enjoy your writers' works and even appreciate their efforts. But the sad thing is most of you never show it.

You hide behind your ghostmodes and hit-and-run followership and do nothing to commend the works you have been given freely and have enjoyed.

It is not only wrong but also selfish... in my opinion.

My bottom-line on this issue is - as you make time to read our works, so too make the time to show appreciation and give us some encouragements by commenting.

My dear readers, please leave comments behind. Don't let's play the hit and run game. I take time and whatever it costs me to be here for you every week - do same for me... it is the least you can do for now.

I am inviting you as a reader to show your support for your writer. Read the work, if you enjoy it - leave a comment to indicate this. If you have some criticisms - do so politely with the knowledge this is someone's work and effort. If you do not care for the work - walk out of thread quietly and never trash a writer's work... it is actually an inhumane act.

So, I am inviting all my ghostmode readers and hit-and-run followers to begin today to not just read and enjoy but also comment and validate my work when necessary.

My motto is: RELAX, READ AND REMARK.

UPCOMING NOVEL

For followers and readers who knew me from our OSTW days and before, you have heard me speak of my soon-to-be-published romance novel.

What I have found really touching is that here on Nairaland none of you have ever asked about it or shown any interest in its arrival or any willingness to purchase it.

I know it's yet to be published but the very fact that you've heard me speak of it should have kept you impatient to read it... that is if you truly appreciate my work.

That lack of interest has made me wonder two things -

1. Do you all truly appreciate my work and me as a romance writer?

2. Are you all just free-to-read followers?

I am not certain which is the case, but time shall tell.

I am only alerting my new followers and readers that by the first week of October I hope to come out with my first ever published romance novel.

I am working on it right now. And doing my best to let this work of mine speak a language of its own.

Finally, I'd like to say that my posting my works here on Nairaland would not be forever. I only do so now to meet a dream. Sooner than later, I'll fully move back to my blog and post my free-reads only there.

Therefore I am inviting you all to my homestead, my base, my blog. Click on the link below and register your mail and become a follower, I'll truly appreciate it. But also do it for I cannot tell how long I can continue to make the time to post my works here.

http://alifediary./

Thank you all. And I hope we understand one another in this matter and begin to build a relationship beyond free-readers and a writer.

God bless.

TM aka PrettySpicey
EXACTLY! APPRECIATION IS KEY. THE PROCESS AINT EASY.

ITS AS IF YOU SAW MY MIND AND TABLED IT OUT ACCURATELY WITH THIS WRITE-UP. AS WRITER-WRITER, I MAY AVE BEEN GUILTY OF ONE, BUT FOLLOWERS SHOULD DROP ENCOURAGEMENTS. THATS ALL SHE ASKS FOR.

APPRECIATION
ENCOURAGE
DRIVING FORCE!!!
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
*in commentator's voice*

Its cupid with the arrow,he shoots,he scores!!!!

It iyaf happen o!!! Lizzy and Caleb iyaf happen o!!
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by bumsiee: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
cry ok pretttyspicey m sorry 4 reading n not commenting. I comment once in a while though but its not enuf encoradgement 4 u. Guilt is just all over me right now. I will change I promise. Ur a good writer n I can't wait 4 ur book to be published. Tanks for ur regular update n 4 kEepining us in suspence all d tyme. God bless u
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Agybabe(f): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sweetie I'm sorry too. I hope you don't stop posting other stories. sad
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by bussyzionite(f): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Honestly, am so touched by ur words thereby moving me from ghostmodezone to writers' motivationmodezone
Your piece of work is indeed very interesting, captivating, inspiring and intriguing. The very best of it that caught my attention is your POWERFUL DESCRIPTIVE WAY OF WRITING- WONDERFUL USE OF VOCABULARY.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. MAY YOUR SOURCE OF INSPIRATION NEVER RUN DRY AND I PRAY THAT YOUR TALENT WILL MAKE WAY FOR YOU SOONEST.

2 Likes

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by chii8(f): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Did sombori jst quote entire post nah?haba
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by lenmafon: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
@prettyspicey, thanks a millon 4 the update. i dont knw abt ur other stories, but pls when TMAIAm is ready do let me knw. more strength 2 ur elbow. i hope u dont mean - why not use 'dare not' instead of 'daren't'? my opinion
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
lenmafon: @prettyspicey, thanks a millon 4 the update. i dont knw abt ur other stories, but pls when TMAIAm is ready do let me knw. more strength 2 ur elbow. i hope u dont mean - why not use 'dare not' instead of 'daren't'? my opinion

thanks lenmafon for your comment. And I do think they are same thing... they have same meaning at least.

This is TMAIA - take me as I am - lol. but when the other is ready I'll let you all know.

Btw, are you lenma from the blog?
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by spotmataz: 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Guilty as charged! But i will turn a new leaf henceforth. Not only on your works but on any other work i read. Really sorry. But really you are a great writer, i wont want to miss any of your works so i will sign up on your blog. Looking forward to the novel you're working on. Your stories are always flawless, you are going places. Will not be suprised when you start winning awards for your works. Welldone.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by okotv(m): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2014
guilty as charged! so sorry, just read through UN break my heart this past weekend...nice story...keep it up and henceforth i promise comments...Caleb and Elisabeth keep it up...rukky the match maker at his age...
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 12:57am On Aug 26, 2014
xx

5 Likes

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 1:05am On Aug 26, 2014
Hiya peeps grin

you see me grinning like a Cheshire cat? That is because a lot of my hide-and-seek readers jumped out of their nooks and crannies and said something to me today grin grin grin

Many, many thanks to everyone of you and God bless.

Alrighty, that is today's episode. While our little chirpy characters are in bed with malaria parasite, I'm heading to mine because for some odd reasons, some mosquitoes are trying to bite off my feet... damn things angry

You relax and read as usual and don't forget to leave a remark.

Hasta la vista, amigos kiss
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 1:07am On Aug 26, 2014
charijee, is it not past ya bedtime? Or are you a winch? grin grin grin... and toykathy too... **watching them with side eye**

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by charijee(f): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2014
PrettySpicey: charijee, is it not past ya bedtime? Or are you a winch? grin grin grin... and toykathy too... **watching them with side eye**
Lol. .....sleep refused to come na. .....are you seeing me from your dream?......I decided to act as your body guard MamaP
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 1:39am On Aug 26, 2014
charijee: Lol. .....sleep refused to come na. .....are you seeing me from your dream?......I decided to act as your body guard MamaP

Mbanu! The only person I can trust to guard me wella on this thread is Olamopol... any other na counterfeit o... make I go watch film jor cool
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by toykathy(f): 1:54am On Aug 26, 2014
PrettySpicey: charijee, is it not past ya bedtime? Or are you a winch? grin grin grin... and toykathy too... **watching them with side eye**

dont mind me dearie, i dozed off while readin ur updates last nyt but thz 2d rain dat woke me up. Weldone pretty S, i enjoy readin ur work. #millionhugs4u#
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by olamopol(f): 3:36am On Aug 26, 2014
am right here guarding u oooo mama p....*winks*
PrettySpicey:

Mbanu! The only person I can trust to guard me wella on this thread is Olamopol... any other na counterfeit o... make I go watch film jor cool
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:12am On Aug 26, 2014
Caleb is in love!!!!! grin.........O se!!!!!

see massive deghosting!!! grin
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Jeanfortune(f): 6:15am On Aug 26, 2014
hey, Spicey, pls dont let those mosquitoes give u a malaria cos there is no fish peppersoup around o, anywayz, about ur novel, its official now, AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GET A HARDCOPY, and thats not cos u are a romance writer but because i love the way u write, u are sooo good with words, u make ordinary words look extraordinary, infact u inspire me, wanna be like u when i grow.. lol#, pls keep us informed about that as well, so we..*modified*, so I dont miss a thing..
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by charijee(f): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Alright I withdraw my service henceforth. .....good morning

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by chii8(f): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2014
U r good ooo,dat soup shaa....
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2014
How Romantic! Prettyspicey,u rock! Btw,ayam sick o,i need that peppersoup ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (59) (Reply)

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.