Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story (153822 Views)

A Love And Hate Relationship (based On A Truelife Story) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by gal10(f): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pretty nice update. Thank you.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 5:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Toeyean1507: @prettyspicey, wanna use dis oppor2nity 2 let u know u are gud @ what u know ao 2 do. I've been a reader since d days of unbreak my heart and OSTW. I must say u re extremely gud. One thing I wanna point out here's dat diversity is a crucial tool in writing. It makes u so unpredictable dat u, @ d end of d day, becomes 'Jack of all trade, senior @ all'. I wanna see a thriller by u some day. I'll be damned if I dint appreciate u,Glowingscenes, Princesa, Audrey timms and a host of others for bringing out dat neglected passion of mine in writing. Kudos to y'all!

Thank you sincerely for your comment Toeyean1507, I truly appreciate it.

I'd like to remark though that maybe diversity is a crucial tool in writing... I still find that debatable but I am investigating it smiley

Maybe it is... but there is an even more important tool ... being versed in what you do. Honing the skill of your chosen genre. I consider that the most important tool of all. That in my chosen genre, I become very good... extremely great in it.

Most times when we judge writers as readers, we do so without comprehending the genre they write. It is not a flaw or a fault to be ashamed of as even most writers are not aware of their genre.

But I am. I write Romance fiction. Since Romance Fiction is a broad genre, I feature under its Contemporary Romance subgenre and even under that subgenre, I favour the homorous aspect of it.

So Toeyean1507, when you understand that genre or subgenre you will know that suspense which I daresay you are seeking is actually not a popular tool (should I say).

The contemporary Romance subgenre is one where it is clear how all will end... as a matter-of-fact so predictable is the end of all Romance genres... 'and they lived happily ever after' lol.

As a reader, knowing that end, you get pleasure not from seeking suspense, which is likely you might not find there, but by enjoying the style of the particular writer. Her plotting skills, her dialogues, her character presentation et al. Therein lies the fun of reading Contemporary Romance.

But that is not to say that Romance does not deal in Suspense. It does. And so we have another subgenre - Romantic Suspense. Under this subgenre, its writers thrill their readers with crime and mystery mixed with the hot spice of romance. Nora Roberts does this well and so do Linda Howard and Sandra Brown.

It is a genre I most admire and when my skills are well-honed, I will approach.

I also want to point out that many writers indeed stick to their chosen genres and most never really diversify. Nora Roberts is a Romance writer... now Bestseller... she is known for her Romantic Suspense and Paranormal Romance books. As JD Robb, she does full blown Detective fiction.
John Grisham too is known for his Legal Thrillers. If he writes other kinds, I have not heard.

I apologise that I am giving you what might appear a long lecture just over a simple comment. But I just wish to clarify to you and maybe to other readers, that when you look at a writers work and wish to critic it, you at least have to know her genre and see if her style is in order with that genre or subgenre.

I point that out because many still see Danielle Steel as a Romance writer ( she hates to be called one and only rightly too), whereas she is a Women's Lit Fiction writer or better put a Women's Fiction genre writer.

My bottom-line is, there is still a whole lot of work for me to do in terms of honing my skills in my chosen genre - Contemporary Romance - and I still have much to learn.
But I would appreciate being critiqued from that angle mostly... as would most writers.

Thank you for reading, Toeyean1507, and above all for tolerating this so-long-a-response cheesy

I would like to add that I too like Nora Roberts (JD Robb) is trying to test other waters... in terms of Fiction genre... on my blog I am testing my skill as a Mystery writer. I call it 'testing' because it is a genre I am 'yet' to become good at. It is not an innate skill for me, at all, lol.

I leave a link to my blog where on the sidebar you'll find links to Missing Christabel and Who killed Dana Bala? ... http://alifediary./ ... that is of course you wish to check them out. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by lenmafon: 5:47am On Aug 27, 2014
gudmorning to everyone, hope u all had a 1daful nite rest? mommy prettyspicey how u dey? any updae 2day?
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 5:52am On Aug 27, 2014
lenmafon: gudmorning to everyone, hope u all had a 1daful nite rest? mommy prettyspicey how u dey? any updae 2day?

No dearie... none today. Updates are MOndays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

So till tomorrow wink

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
PrettySpicey gudmorn'n to u...

Are u a fan of JD Robb?smiley would do anything for any part of 'in Death' series.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by kayemdy: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Its spicy...

Its prety...

Its TM'S
u hav a unique way of using words to portray thoughts and describn ur xters day by day looks

MORE IDEAS TO UR THINKING
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2014
Cheriepet: PrettySpicey gudmorn'n to u...

Are u a fan of JD Robb?smiley would do anything for any part of 'in Death' series.

Hahahaha, don't tell me you wanna murder someone, lol.

Actually I'm a big fan of Nora Roberts, who of course is JD Robb. But fact is I'm partial to her Romance works... no surprise there, lol

But my youngest sister reads JD Robb.

So how do you want me to get you a part in her death series? *winks*
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2014
kayemdy: Its spicy...

Its prety...

Its TM'S
u hav a unique way of using words to portray thoughts and describn ur xters day by day looks

MORE IDEAS TO UR THINKING

Many thanks Kayemdy. Just striving to get better really
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Hameenat94(f): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2014
Its spicey! Its spicey!! Its spicey!!! Weldone prettyspicey
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote
author=PrettySpicey]

Hahahaha, don't tell me you wanna murder someone, lol.

Actually I'm a big fan of Nora Roberts, who of course is JD Robb. But
fact is I'm partial to her Romance works... no surprise there, lol

But my youngest sister reads JD Robb.

So how do you want me to get you a part in her death series?
*winks*[/quote]

lol.... i am not murdering anybody o... for me i am partial to her 'In Death' series... me n ur sista na one boat carry us...
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
I admire your work.its not easy contructing words to make a story,tried it one time but gave up.thumbs up
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Essyydiamond(f): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Still hvnt found any author with ur kind authority and confidence in writing here. U r d best on NL.
Does any one want 2 challenge this statement??
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tmamuda(m): 12:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Enjoyin dis thread. All na Rukky effort.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2014
tmamuda: Enjoyin dis thread. All na Rukky effort.
****Kai what a surprise [email][/email] shocked boss u still around here??
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2014
I guess Nepa has ceased our update!! cry
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tommynico(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2014
** peeps inside ** the update neva come.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
tommynico: ** peeps inside ** the update neva come.

Nepa no gree o
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Vickthoriah(f): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nepa cease our update...diaris God o*sobbs*
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by darlingnelo(f): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Great master piece, nice storyline. keep it up preety S.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tommynico(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ko ni da fun nepa....but shebi dem don sell ahm.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by onosj(f): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
mama p u b woman wey sabi 1000 4 u oh! More ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by kayemdy: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
PS....i will be glad if u will bring back ur INTRO words preceeding every update...for me it adds more flair to d updates

i guess power distributors r at it again.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tmamuda(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
snowprince07: ****Kai what a surprise [email][/email] shocked boss u still around here??

MyPrince, I dey na d activity too much. Bt for now I ll be hangin around. U dey good I knw. I Hail U, myprince
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
tmamuda:

MyPrince, I dey na d activity too much. Bt for now I ll be hangin around. U dey good I knw. I Hail U, myprince
*&**ok nah hope all is moving well??
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by jaymomma(f): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ds's how relationship, courting, dating etc should be. Friendship first, then sexual.

U already know I luv U PrettySpicey (not lesbian-ish) Keep up the good work.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tmamuda(m): 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
snowprince07: *&**ok nah hope all is moving well??

Thank God All Well.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hey PrettySpicey hope everything is fyn with u.... abi PHED don dey do deir worst?
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
U rock gal.. am liking it more n more.. am also sick and d doctor says ur update will revive me,plsssssss
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by SPSpecial(m): 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Prettyspicey, where are you now? I hope everything is alright?
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by chii8(f): 6:30am On Aug 29, 2014
Goodmorning everyone
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Toeyean1507(f): 7:18am On Aug 29, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Thank you sincerely for your comment Toeyean1507, I truly appreciate it.

I'd like to remark though that maybe diversity is a crucial tool in writing... I still find that debatable but I am investigating it smiley

Maybe it is... but there is an even more important tool ... being versed in what you do. Honing the skill of your chosen genre. I consider that the most important tool of all. That in my chosen genre, I become very good... extremely great in it.

Most times when we judge writers as readers, we do so without comprehending the genre they write. It is not a flaw or a fault to be ashamed of as even most writers are not aware of their genre.

But I am. I write Romance fiction. Since Romance Fiction is a broad genre, I feature under its Contemporary Romance subgenre and even under that subgenre, I favour the homorous aspect of it.

So Toeyean1507, when you understand that genre or subgenre you will know that suspense which I daresay you are seeking is actually not a popular tool (should I say).

The contemporary Romance subgenre is one where it is clear how all will end... as a matter-of-fact so predictable is the end of all Romance genres... 'and they lived happily ever after' lol.

As a reader, knowing that end, you get pleasure not from seeking suspense, which is likely you might not find there, but by enjoying the style of the particular writer. Her plotting skills, her dialogues, her character presentation et al. Therein lies the fun of reading Contemporary Romance.

But that is not to say that Romance does not deal in Suspense. It does. And so we have another subgenre - Romantic Suspense. Under this subgenre, its writers thrill their readers with crime and mystery mixed with the hot spice of romance. Nora Roberts does this well and so do Linda Howard and Sandra Brown.

It is a genre I most admire and when my skills are well-honed, I will approach.

I also want to point out that many writers indeed stick to their chosen genres and most never really diversify. Nora Roberts is a Romance writer... now Bestseller... she is known for her Romantic Suspense and Paranormal Romance books. As JD Robb, she does full blown Detective fiction.
John Grisham too is known for his Legal Thrillers. If he writes other kinds, I have not heard.

I apologise that I am giving you what might appear a long lecture just over a simple comment. But I just wish to clarify to you and maybe to other readers, that when you look at a writers work and wish to critic it, you at least have to know her genre and see if her style is in order with that genre or subgenre.

I point that out because many still see Danielle Steel as a Romance writer ( she hates to be called one and only rightly too), whereas she is a Women's Lit Fiction writer or better put a Women's Fiction genre writer.

My bottom-line is, there is still a whole lot of work for me to do in terms of honing my skills in my chosen genre - Contemporary Romance - and I still have much to learn.
But I would appreciate being critiqued from that angle mostly... as would most writers.

Thank you for reading, Toeyean1507, and above all for tolerating this so-long-a-response cheesy

I would like to add that I too like Nora Roberts (JD Robb) is trying to test other waters... in terms of Fiction genre... on my blog I am testing my skill as a Mystery writer. I call it 'testing' because it is a genre I am 'yet' to become good at. It is not an innate skill for me, at all, lol.

I leave a link to my blog where on the sidebar you'll find links to Missing Christabel and Who killed Dana Bala? ... http://alifediary./ ... that is of course you wish to check them out. Thank you.
. Waow, dis is an epistle o. I'm glad u noticed my comment #dancingalingoonmyonesidedbed. Ma, I love ur style of writing and ur specialty. D diversity thing's a wishful thinking of a reader who won't mind ur flaws @ ur trial. Honestly, it's a necessity dat one becomes a master @ whatever one chose. My question here's wnt one get bored doing one thing over and over again? Hence,d diversity thingy. I for one love adventure, trying new things, taking a break frm what I've always been known for. Believe me, with this ur skill in writing, u'll do very well in anoda genre. Like I said earlier, writing was a neglected passion of mine. I had to lay it to rest when I gained admission to study statistics. Lol,it wasn't easy @ all cos I kept using literary terms to explain mathematical concepts. Well,I'm a DATA ANALYST and a WRITER as well now and I'm enjoying it. Just give it a trial and u'll marvel @ ur flexibility. Dis is nt a CRITIC cos I'm still a learner nd still got a lot to learn frm ur likes. I won't mind E- lessons from u(now don't refuse o cos I can be stubborn gan). Joining ur winching hour whether u approve of it or not. Thank u once again for d lecture,saving it right away. U re blessing to us. BTW, u have a son named RUKKY?
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Great work here ma'am; just like always. I just love that Rukky boy, ahh, boy is just so sweet. More nepa light to your area.
And about the Dana Bala series, any new update ma'am, I stopped at episode six, is that where you stopped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (59) (Reply)

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.