Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story - Literature (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story (155898 Views)

A Love And Hate Relationship (based On A Truelife Story) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Wow!!!! Prettyspicey no wonder my people said "what an old woman sees sitting on her kitchen stool we as youth/children wont see even if we climb d iroko tree..."

weldone Mama P... so happy to have known u

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by chii8(f): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Wonderful mother in law,i wish my mother and mother in law would be this reasonable and so understanding
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2014
Cheriepet: Wow!!!! Prettyspicey no wonder my people said "what an old woman sees sitting on her kitchen stool we as youth/children wont see even if we climb d iroko tree..."

weldone Mama P... so happy to have known u

That was then o......now the things wey we dey see for phone, grandma them no dey see am for news paper grin grin
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Cheriepet: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

That was then o......now the things wey we dey see for phone, grandma them no dey see am for news paper grin grin

LWKMD..... JJ abeg leaveme alone dis morning.... u go fear newspaper lol

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by christybabe(f): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Beautiful as always, thnks pretty, Love is so beautiful,
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by zyzxx(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2014
i go love oooo.
Well done ma'am
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

naughty boi! what do you are seeing on phone? I'll report you to MJ.... looking bad tinz on phone
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by sebak(f): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am happy 4 Eliza @last she happy again. Welcome prettyspecie God bless u
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by SPSpecial(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mummy Dafe did a great job. People like her are very rare.

In all sincerity, i dont think Daniel deserved all the blames and accusations. Its a normal thing, no one would like to come to this world as a snake that crawled on the mountain and made no impact, leave no traces.

Daniel had no 'fruits', he was a young man that wished to become a father. If i am in his shoes, i would not settle down with her as well. But the fact that he deserted liz and end up with her in a non-challant, unloving and unconcerned manner is very annoying.

U are made to be great prettyspicey. keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

naughty boi! what do you are seeing on phone? I'll report you to MJ.... looking bad tinz on phone

Report Na lol.......after all,this sweet story is not in the newspaper!! grin grin
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nice 1, PrettySpicey kiss kiss... You get me xooooooo glued 2 d screen of my fone... Can't belive I registered anoda acct jux 2 continue wiv ya gwed wrk since d oda has been acting up lately cry cry.. 2 days 2 my exams, n yet, I am still awaiting more updates grin cheesy...You re gwed, ma'am... Much love n waiting more updates smiley... Gracias..

#Dz last episode 1 WORD.. BEAUTIFUL... U got me going all emotional...

#being a follower on my old account 'Shugajay' but jux cant rem. d psswrd n NL isn't jux helping matters cry cry... Any1 wiv help plzzz
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Timmytimmy: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is one of the most factual works of fiction I've read. I love the fact that unlike the average Mills and Boon, you have really depicted the cold, harsh reality called life that we all live in; Elizabeth is barren and that's that! No miracles, love that about the story. smiley

I was really happy to know that you wrote this work.As you rightly said, romance is usually read by mostly the feminine sex and I think you'll strengthen your followership by delving into other genres, thriller perhaps.

From this work, you've already shown us your wise outlook about life hence we need a work that would capture people from all works of life, we want more female authors coming from Africa, people with a story to tell.We don't want to keep being represented by not-so-worthy people.We want wonderful role models like you.

Finally, I believe you have the talent and so far, you have worked hard enough to keep this dream of yours alive.What advice can I give someone like you again? Lemme go with the cliché"if you can dream it, you can achieve it" I know you've heard that severally, but if you open your mind more to that truth, you'll see that anything is possible.

Signed,
Timmy.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Report Na lol.......after all,this sweet story is not in the newspaper!! grin grin

Nsogbu adi ro... you'll know today that MJ has been hearing news since before the era of Tribune and Observer
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Hameenat94(f): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Wonderful mother-in-law! I learnt xo much 4rm dis episode honestly... Selfishness, letting go of burdens among others.. May God always enrich d author of this story wit lots of knowledge nd wisdom... Ameen
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sleekyshuga: Nice 1, PrettySpicey kiss kiss... You get me xooooooo glued 2 d screen of my fone... Can't belive I registered anoda acct jux 2 continue wiv ya gwed wrk since d oda has been acting up lately cry cry.. 2 days 2 my exams, n yet, I am still awaiting more updates grin cheesy...You re gwed, ma'am... Much love n waiting more updates smiley... Gracias..

#Dz last episode 1 WORD.. BEAUTIFUL... U got me going all emotional...

#being a follower on my old account 'Shugajay' but jux cant rem. d psswrd n NL isn't jux helping matters cry cry... Any1 wiv help plzzz

chai! Shugajay now sleekyjay, just go to the RESET button under or above the LOGIN IN space and enter a new password and Nairaland will send you a message to your in box.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Timmytimmy: This is one of the most factual works of fiction I've read. I love the fact that unlike the average Mills and Boon, you have really depicted the cold, harsh reality called life that we all live in; Elizabeth is barren and that's that! No miracles, love that about the story. smiley

I was really happy to know that you wrote this work.As you rightly said, romance is usually read by mostly the feminine sex and I think you'll strengthen your followership by delving into other genres, thriller perhaps.

From this work, you've already shown us your wise outlook about life hence we need a work that would capture people from all works of life, we want more female authors coming from Africa, people with a story to tell.We don't want to keep being represented by not-so-worthy people.We want wonderful role models like you.

Finally, I believe you have the talent and so far, you have worked hard enough to keep this dream of yours alive.What advice can I give someone like you again? Lemme go with the cliché"if you can dream it, you can achieve it" I know you've heard that severally, but if you open your mind more to that truth, you'll see that anything is possible.

Signed,
Timmy.

Writing other genres is a private dream of mine. But I'm chiselling my writing skills with Romance first. I don't know though how good I'll be as a Thriller writer but never can tell until I try.

Thanks for your encouraging words... glad you and many appreciate the touch of reality... most times miracles come in the shape of a new chance not a new life per say.

While I'm honing my skills, I do hope you continue to enjoy my Romantic Fictions.

God bless
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Timmytimmy: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
SPSpecial: Mummy Dafe did a great job. People like her are very rare.

In all sincerity, i dont think Daniel deserved all the blames and accusations. Its a normal thing, no one would like to come to this world as a snake that crawled on the mountain and made no impact, leave no traces.

Daniel had no 'fruits', he was a young man that wished to become a father. If i am in his shoes, i would not settle down with her as well. But the fact that he deserted liz and end up with her in a non-challant, unloving and unconcerned manner is very annoying.

Yes oh!....As the yorubas say"ogboju loja aiye".Even though Daniel didn't go about things the right way, he did what the average African man would have do. Let's face facts, not many us would have gone on to marry her.I don't even know what I'd have done.Nice one keeping it real, bro.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Nsogbu adi ro... you'll know today that MJ has been hearing news since before the era of Tribune and Observer

Hahahaha.... I pray o.....except Africa Magic and Style Network has started showing news..I doubt it!! grin grin
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Writing other genres is a private dream of mine. But I'm chiselling my writing skills with Romance first. I don't know though how good I'll be as a Thriller writer but never can tell until I try.

Thanks for your encouraging words... glad you and many appreciate the touch of reality... most times miracles come in the shape of a new chance not a new life per say.

While I'm honing my skills, I do hope you continue to enjoy my Romantic Fictions.

God bless

Your thriller skills are not that bad.....I mean,talking from WKBD and Missing Christabel I think You're good to go....
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

chai! Shugajay now sleekyjay, just go to the RESET button under or above the LOGIN IN space and enter a new password and Nairaland will send you a message to your in box.
I've done dah severally cry cry.. It's not working.. I've clicked on d 'reset button' severally but yet, no msg on my mail, be it inbox or spam.. All I get z a msg saying dah 'd email was not found'... Jux had 2 open a new acct... Do hurt, mehn cry...
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Your thriller skills are not that bad.....I mean,talking from WKBD and Missing Christabel I think You're good to go....

Thanks Jeffrey. Honestly I wanted my second book to be a Romantic Suspense-- Crime +Romance. I've got 2 solid story lines I can go with but I need to speak with a Nigerian Police Officer. Preferably one who works the Homicide unit. Even better one based in Lagos and understands the Panti system.

Whatever I do, I must create a believable Fact/Fiction mix.

Now you can get a few ideas on the US Police from the internet... the Nigerian Police is a whole different ball game.

And I'm hoping to have that book out by February'15
... so there.

If I'm not set, I'll swing the Kike/Duncan story... whatever works.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Thanks Jeffrey. Honestly I wanted my second book to be a Romantic Suspense-- Crime +Romance. I've got 2 solid story lines I can go with but I need to speak with a Nigerian Police Officer. Preferably one who works the Homicide unit. Even better one based in Lagos and understands the Panti system.

Whatever I do, I must create a believable Fact/Fiction mix.

Now you can get a few ideas on the US Police from the internet... the Nigerian Police is a whole different ball game.

And I'm hoping to have that book out by February'15
... so there.

If I'm not set, I'll swing the Kike/Duncan story... whatever works.

Send me a mail about the things you want to find out about panti... I'll see what I can pull out.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
SPSpecial: Mummy Dafe did a great job. People like her are very rare.

Indeed SPSpecial, many are the men who would dia what Daniel Wigwe did -- each of course in his own way.
The truth is that is hard to ask a man to enter into a marital union without the possibility of procreation, especially in Africa were adoption is still seen like an abomination.

But no matter who we are or what we are, there's always Someone there willing to accept just the way we are -- Someone already equipped by God to do so.

Thank for your sumission and your continued encouragement, it means a lot.

1 Like

Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Send me a mail about the things you want to find out about panti... I'll see what I can pull out.

Alrighty. Thanks
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Alrighty. Thanks

You're welcome smiley
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by tommynico(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
The comments wey dey dis thread pass the story itself, some people can type sha...%)
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by gracile(f): 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
you've heard it all ma'am you're simply amazing... *deghosted *
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by kingphilip(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Awww dumdum, r u paind dat I refered to ur siblings? Guess u now knw wat it feels lyk 2 call people names. U knw u so dumb u got ur siblings actin stupid jst lyk u cos u came outh b4 dem.
prettyboi like seriously I was disappointed with u... you wasted over 4 pages just taking on people...
although I knew they misunderstood ur first comment on this thread but u should have just used ur next comment to clear the air n not go about replying side comment n BTW wat u were trying to fight against u ended up doing it... have a Great week ahead n always remember not everyone will always understand u it's just left for u to state your opinion n move on
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by kingphilip(m): 12:15am On Sep 21, 2014
like seriously wat happened to this thread that over 10 pages just went to ranting
I think the mods are not as effective as they were because if it were then I'm Sure this would have been nipped in the bud
please mods do sit up
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by repogirl(f): 1:32am On Sep 21, 2014
Awwww, madam Prettyspicey, been offline for four days now and only just got in to read this overly awesome jumbo marathon of three heart wrenching, mind toppling chapters..... Forgive me if I made no sense but these past chapters have been wonderfully spellbinding, got me teary eyed and doing the sniffles.... I especially loved the scene where Caleb went back to confront Liz, that was the highest point for me.
well done madam, carefully thought out, well written and expressed, I must confess the green eyed monster on my back has you in its sights o! I envy your description prowess, my heart is literally aching for the pain Caleb and Liz are going through.

anyway, lemme cut short my rambling and just say, Great Work!

BTW, my favorite line 'kissing was the new handshake' cracked me up real good. Please permit me to steal, for use in the nearest future.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by PrettySpicey(f): 1:51am On Sep 21, 2014
repogirl: Awwww, madam Prettyspicey, been offline for four days now and only just got in to read this overly awesome jumbo marathon of three heart wrenching, mind toppling chapters..... Forgive me if I made no sense but these past chapters have been wonderfully spellbinding, got me teary eyed and doing the sniffles.... I especially loved the scene where Caleb went back to confront Liz, that was the highest point for me.
well done madam, carefully thought out, well written and expressed, I must confess the green eyed monster on my back has you in its sights o! I envy your description prowess, my heart is literally aching for the pain Caleb and Liz are going through.

anyway, lemme cut short my rambling and just say, Great Work!

Thank you a trillion times and over, repogirl. I must confess I have been wondering *secretly* where thou art, grin

Nice to read your comment again.

Please dear, I want to contact you, could you pass your email address or send me a message to thmkwest1@gmail.com?

Many thanks and God bless.
Re: Take Me As I Am - A Love Story by olusola182002: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Am intresting story so far....thanks for taking tine to update, been a silent reader or sometimes now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (59) (Reply)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.