Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter (82055 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / What Cream And Soap Can A Dark Skin Person Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Mprex(f): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
kolamilan:
where can i get the original type cos there are so many fake ones out there.
buy from the local sellers. Theirs' is darker in colour. The yellow packaged type has been refined and most of the ingredients isnt there anymore

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by kolamilan(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mprex:

buy from the local sellers. Theirs' is darker in colour. The yellow packaged type has been refined and most of the ingredients isnt there anymore
alright thanks.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
HELP! I LOST MY PERIOD!!: AMENORRHEA
There may be no better concept to explain feminine health that the menstrual cycle. It becomes a visible reminder to her that the engines are working and that she still belongs. Absence becomes worrying, even alarming and she will put prompt and concerted efforts into finding it...

Join the search at http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/11/help-i-lost-my-menses-amenorrhea.htm
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
Starx:

Shea butter does not "spoil" in the general sense but, the longer it's left unused, the more its potency reduces. Try to use up your Shea butter within 6 months after purchase. Also, asking your seller about when he/she made a purchase of his/her stock would be a great idea.
However, don't rush up the use of your Shea butter if 6 months has nearly elapsed. Little goes a long way for facial care. Your hair can always benefit from any remaining Shea butter in store.
Was this helpful?

Very helpful. Thanks a lot..

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
dnt use shea butter on ur face if u hv got oily skin, talking from experience
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:13am On Nov 06, 2014
iamord:

I had a hair growth cream, I can't remember the name. Cos I threw it away after weeks with no result. Now I use pure shear butter only . but my hair still grows slow.. Am open to any idea thatt could b of help

When I say "hair regimen", I mean how do you care for you hair? Your wash routine, styling and products you use.
Shea butter is a great sealant. It helps seal moisture in your hair, thereby making it less brittle and less prone to breakage. But, it does not cause your scalp to produce more hair than usual.
One major oil for hair growth is CASTOR OIL. Products that claim to promote hair growth usually contain castor oil. Castor oil is anti fungal and promotes blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn allows the scalp to produce hair as it should.
Castor oil can be bought at any pharmacy.
It also goes without saying that a healthy diet with lots of protein aids hair growth, as hair is basically protein strands.
I still need to know what your current care regimen for your hair looks like.
Hope this was helpful
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2014
queenlabisi:
dnt use shea butter on ur face if u hv got oily skin, talking from experience

I quite understand where you're coming from. I have very oil skin on my face too. Well, used to...until I started learning about skin care. Our skin is naturally programmed to produce more oil when it feels dry. The resulting overcompensation leads to oily skin. But if you are careful to moisturize your skin regularly, your skin adapts and reduces its oil production.

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:25am On Nov 06, 2014
pretydiva:
@starx, u said smtin abt oat,pls is it quake n oat?

Yes, Quaker oats is a brand of oats that is great. Any brand of oats would be great too.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by pretydiva(f): 5:15am On Nov 06, 2014
Starx:

Yes, Quaker oats is a brand of oats that is great. Any brand of oats would be great too.
fnks dear,rily do appreciate ur effort

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by iamord(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2014
Starx:

When I say "hair regimen", I mean how do you care for you hair? Your wash routine, styling and products you use.
Shea butter is a great sealant. It helps seal moisture in your hair, thereby making it less brittle and less prone to breakage. But, it does not cause your scalp to produce more hair than usual.
One major oil for hair growth is CASTOR OIL. Products that claim to promote hair growth usually contain castor oil. Castor oil is anti fungal and promotes blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn allows the scalp to produce hair as it sh,,,ould.
Castor oil can be bought at any pharmacy.
It also goes without saying that a healthy diet with lots of protein aids hair growth, as hair is basically protein strands.
I still need to know what your current care regimen for your hair looks like.
Hope this was helpful

Okay I get. Well I have a hair shampoo I use on my hair two times a week. I also relax my hair once in a month. And braid it. I use only the ori as my hair cream. I just want my hair to grow longer . Of which it is a bit long and full for a guy. But the growth process has been slow and I have been having breakage, but I will give the castor oil a try ..people have recommended the same product. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by expozey(f): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Great job @ OP. Good to know there are many people out there who prefer natural remedies to chemicals.

Would like to get to know you more as I am also in the beauty line. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 11:49am On Nov 06, 2014
expozey:
Great job @ OP. Good to know there are many people out there who prefer natural remedies to chemicals.

Would like to get to know you more as I am also in the beauty line. Thanks

I'm flattered, dear. Would be glad to hear from you and swap experiences.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
iamord:

Okay I get. Well I have a hair shampoo I use on my hair two times a week. I also relax my hair once in a month. And braid it. I use only the ori as my hair cream. I just want my hair to grow longer . Of which it is a bit long and full for a guy. But the growth process has been slow and I have been having breakage, but I will give the castor oil a try ..people have recommended the same product. Thanks

Great, this is what I was hoping for.
First, what kind of shampoo do you use for your hair? Does it contain sulphate? Sulphate is quite common in shampoos which is unfortunate in that it isn't great for your hair. It strips the hair too much of its natural oils and the resulting brittleness can lead to breakage. I would recommend a cheap conditioner for washing your hair. I use Hair fruits, it is quite cheap and smells great. This method is called cowashing (which basically means conditioner washing). Alternatively, black soap is also great for hair wash. It contains great natural ingredients that are nourishing to your hair.
Secondly, as regards retouching your perm. Only your new growth needs to be permed. The use of relaxer on the already permed part of your hair weakens it so much that it would thin and break easily. I would recommend waiting for a minimum of 3 months between perms. This would ensure that you have enough new growth to relax and the already relaxed part doesn't get damaged.
Thirdly, massaging your scalp with castor oil every couple of days would lead to a noticeable increase in hair growth. I am currently using castor oil to grow my edges and I'm realizing great results.
Deep conditioning treatments are also a great way to fortify your hair and ensure healthy hair.
Shea butter (ori) is great as a hair cream. You may also need to add olive oil/coconut oil or both (I use both) to make a great hair mix.
Great to hear from you smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
pretydiva:
fnks dear,rily do appreciate ur effort

You're welcome, love smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Starx:

Great, this is what I was hoping for.
First, what kind of shampoo do you use for your hair? Does it contain sulphate? Sulphate is quite common in shampoos which is unfortunate in that it isn't great for your hair. It strips the hair too much of its natural oils and the resulting brittleness can lead to breakage. I would? a cheap conditioner for washing your hair. I use Hair fruits, it is quite cheap and smells great. This method is called cowashing (which basically means conditioner washing). Alternatively, black soap is also great for hair wash. It contains great natural ingredients that are nourishing to your hair.
Secondly, as regards retouching your perm. Only your new growth needs to be permed. The use of relaxer on the already permed part of your hair weakens it so much that it would thin and break easily. I would recommend waiting for a minimum of 3 months between perms. This would ensure that you have enough new growth to relax and the already relaxed part doesn't get damaged.
Thirdly, massaging your scalp with castor oil every couple of days would lead to a noticeable increase in hair growth. I am currently using castor oil to grow my edges and I'm realizing great results.
Deep conditioning treatments are also a great way to fortify your hair and ensure healthy hair.
Shea butter (ori) is great as a hair cream. You may also need to add olive oil/coconut oil or both (I use both) to make a great hair mix.
Great to hear from you smiley

pls can normal castor oil also be used for hair edges revival,,,,,, couldnt find the jamican one at all,,,,,
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by bequicollinz(f): 12:48am On Nov 29, 2014
waoh! i followed ur post about d shea butter therapy. i tried it and it worked for me. i'm dry skinned so i dont hv issues wit pimples but i notice some patches dat looked like rashes and burn on my face but i hv bin using all manner of anti fungal creams which suppress it nd after it will cum bk again. i wanted to carry out a skin test to knw wat is responsible (i work in a lab) my said it looked like fungi infection which takes a long period wit expensive drugs to treat. then i came across ur post nd decided to try it. i bought shea frm a yoruba woman who sells black soap cos dts what i use. she recommended d ghana type. i was consistently steamin my face after i hv my bath every evenin den i apply shea butter as my cream at nyt den vaseline during d day. i stopped usin any makeup not even powder to be sure. my dear it took 2wks of consistency but it worked my face is radiant now, my skin feels smooth now wit an even tone. i was worth it.Thanks to ur therapy nd to God who made it work

3 Likes

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
bequicollinz:
waoh! i followed ur post about d shea butter therapy. i tried it and it worked for me. i'm dry skinned so i dont hv issues wit pimples but i notice some patches dat looked like rashes and burn on my face but i hv bin using all manner of anti fungal creams which suppress it nd after it will cum bk again. i wanted to carry out a skin test to knw wat is responsible (i work in a lab) my said it looked like fungi infection which takes a long period wit expensive drugs to treat. then i came across ur post nd decided to try it. i bought shea frm a yoruba woman who sells black soap cos dts what i use. she recommended d ghana type. i was consistently steamin my face after i hv my bath every evenin den i apply shea butter as my cream at nyt den vaseline during d day. i stopped usin any makeup not even powder to be sure. my dear it took 2wks of consistency but it worked my face is radiant now, my skin feels smooth now wit an even tone. i was worth it.Thanks to ur therapy nd to God who made it work

You're welcome, love! You have no idea how happy this makes me feel for you smiley
This is great, I'm glad I was able to help.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sircomeference:

pls can normal castor oil also be used for hair edges revival,,,,,, couldnt find the jamican one at all,,,,,

Yes, definitely. You can use the regular castor oil to achieve the same effects. It has essentially the same helpful properties. My current bottle of castor oil was bought from a pharmacy. I've heard a lot about Jamaica Black Castor Oil too but I've never used it. Maybe I'll try it at some point in the future but the regular Castor oil works fine for now.
You sound flustered. Sorry about that. Keep me posted on your progress.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 01, 2014
Starx:

Yes, definitely. You can use the regular castor oil to achieve the same effects. It has essentially the same helpful properties. My current bottle of castor oil was bought from a pharmacy. I've heard a lot about Jamaica Black Castor Oil too but I've never used it. Maybe I'll try it at some point in the future but the regular Castor oil works fine for now.
You sound flustered. Sorry about that. Keep me posted on your progress.

ok tnx. i started using it on friday, i use it in the morning and night (just few drops around the edges and little on the scalp).

i am planning on using it everyday,,,,,, pls am i on the right path?

and for how long should i expect changes?

thanks in advance
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:58am On Dec 04, 2014
Sircomeference:

ok tnx. i started using it on friday, i use it in the morning and night (just few drops around the edges and little on the scalp).

i am planning on using it everyday,,,,,, pls am i on the right path?

and for how long should i expect changes?

thanks in advance

You're very welcome smiley
Yes, you are using it as you should, although using it every other day will work out the same results and help your castor oil last longer.
You may also try to massage your edges after applying your castor oil to encourage better blood circulation, which would ultimately help your pores breathe better and grow hair better as well. Massaging with the tips of your fingers for about 2-3 minutes is adequate. Another added benefit of the massage is that it helps to relieve light headaches and makes you feel relaxed. So, double score smiley
You should notice remarkable growth in a few months (about 2-3). Consistency will ensure that your results are truly remarkable. To better notice the difference, take a picture now and another in a few months to compare. Keep your fingers crossed..:-)

I'm interested in knowing what brand of castor oil you purchased and for how much. A picture would be great. Thank you in advance smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Starx:

You're very welcome smiley
Yes, you are using it as you should, although using it every other day will work out the same results and help your castor oil last longer.
You may also try to massage your edges after applying your castor oil to encourage better blood circulation, which would ultimately help your pores breathe better and grow hair better as well. Massaging with the tips of your fingers for about 2-3 minutes is adequate. Another added benefit of the massage is that it helps to relieve light headaches and make you feel relaxed. So, double score smiley
You should notice remarkable growth in a few months (about 2-3). Consistency will ensure that your results are truly remarkable. To better notice the difference, take a picture now and another in a few months to compare. Keep your fingers crossed..:-)

I'm interested in knowing what brand of castor oil you purchased and for how much. A picture would be great. Thank you in advance smiley
Yeah tnx a lot .....
I got d castor oil for #400.... Here is d picture:

PS: sorry it came super late ..... But its just DAT am a HUGE procrastinator biko

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by bree01: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
I have been applying shea butter on my face for about a month. Recently, I used baby oil in my hair and suffered tremendous acne breakout. Most of it is gone. I washed my hair thoroughly and have stayed away from the baby oil.
A few days ago, I noticed that my facial skin is tender. I continued with the shea butter but added cocoa butter to it for some relief. I use black soap too to wash twice daily. Lemon Sugar scrub about once in 3 days when I can't stand the bumpiness.

Is there something I am doing wrong?. I still have breakouts and spots, I am beginning to accept that these will be there at every ovulation period.
All products are raw, unrefined.

Also, I sometimes apply lemon on the spots and breakouts. The tenderness is actually on the smooth areas.

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by irynterri(f): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
pls dear,my face gt darker some months back and a frnd advicd me to use shea butter,i used it during the day and of course my face gt soooo dark,then i was advised to use skineal and my face only gt rough wen i stopped and since then i have nt bin able to gt back to ma chocolate skin,the colour of ma ears is so diff. frm dat of ma face talkless of ma laps,pls i nid ur advice,shld i use ur hommemade remedy for my hyperpigmentation issue or shld i opt for toning creams,tanks in anticipation
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by jayne8585yahoo(f): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
yea shear butter works wonders, but it is advisable to use at night because of its ability to cause hyper-pigmentation when in contact with sunlight.

2 Likes

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by khadysaggs(f): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2014
This sheabutter stuff does not work anything used it at night like u said and just after 2weeks. Have hyper-pigment all over my face I look so akward cnt evn go out any more
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by ovalrose(f): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
although it has darkened me a bit,shea butter has made my skin smoother. im loving it completely,despite the darkened color.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 20, 2014
pls what's the local name for this Shea butter in Benin. no one seems to know what it is.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Adaobi12:
pls what's the local name for this Shea butter in Benin. no one seems to know what it is.

ori oyo

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
mysteriouxx:

ori oyo
merci

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Yetunde Barnabas Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja Pageant (Photos) / Apk/ Traffic Rider Hack Engine 2016 Auto Updated 100% Working Cheat Ios Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.