Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter (82007 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / What Cream And Soap Can A Dark Skin Person Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 12:55am On Feb 23, 2015
ellawify:
Hello dear tanx for d wonderful work u av been doing here, i av really learnt a lot. My problem is my dark inner tighs, its darker dan d rest of my laps. I really need to do something about it cos it is getting me worried. Any suggestion to help me pls cos i really need to get rid of dis...

Thank you, dear. I'm glad to hear it.

Sorry about the dark inner thighs but it can be remedied. Like I mentioned earlier, lime/lemon juice and honey are great natural lighteners. Making a thin mixture of honey,lime juice and coconut oil (lime is more accessible than lemon here and they serve similar functions) will gradually lighten the dark parts if applied consistently.

Lime juice is a natural lightener and exfoliates (removes the dead, darker skin cells)
Honey is a great moisturizer and also promotes brighter skin
Coconut oil heals hyperpigmentation, has antibacterial properties and promotes moisture retention

What to do;
Squeeze the juice of half a lime, add 2 to 3 drops of honey and a few drops of coconut oil.
Apply to the areas you wish to lighten. Let it stay on for up to 30 minutes before you wash it off. It may be ideal to do this before bath in the morning.....or whenever is convenient for you.
Do this at least once every day. You should notice significant difference in a week.

Note:
When the thighs rub together, it causes the inner thighs to get darker. The lack of "breathing space" and constant friction chafe the skin and cause hyperpigmentation. If you carry considerable weight in your thighs, consider losing some of it to prevent the occurrence of darkening again.
Wear cotton underwear and clothing that allow your thighs access to air as much as possible.

Hope this was helpful, dear? Keep me posted on your progress smiley

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 1:00am On Feb 23, 2015
ellawify:
Hello dear tanx for d wonderful work u av been doing here, i av really learnt a lot. My problem is my dark inner tighs, its darker dan d rest of my laps. I really need to do something about it cos it is getting me worried. Any suggestion to help me pls cos i really need to get rid of dis...

Sorry about the dark inner thighs but it can be remedied. Like I mentioned earlier, lime/lemon juice and honey are great natural lighteners. Making a thin mixture of honey,lime juice and coconut oil (lime is more accessible than lemon here and they serve similar functions) will gradually lighten the dark parts if applied consistently.

Lime juice is a natural lightener and exfoliates (removes the dead, darker skin cells)
Coconut oil heals hyperpigmentation, has antibacterial properties and promotes moisture retention

What to do;
Squeeze the juice of half a lime, add 2 to 3 drops of honey and a few drops of coconut oil.
Apply to the areas you wish to lighten. Let it stay on for up to 30 minutes before you wash it off. It may be ideal to do this before bath in the morning.....or whenever is convenient for you.
Do this at least once every day. You should notice significant difference in a week.

Note:
When the thighs rub together, it causes the inner thighs to get darker. The lack of "breathing space" and constant friction chafe the skin and cause hyperpigmentation. If you carry considerable weight in your thighs, consider losing some of it to prevent the occurrence of darkening again.
Wear cotton underwear and clothing that allow your thighs access to air as much as possible.

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by ellawify: 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Starx:

What to do;

Note:

Tanx very much dearie, u ar such a wonderful person. I will sure give it a trial n kip u posted. what a relief!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by babysmart(f): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
@ starx

speaking of lime nd exfoliation, can one substitute d sugar nd oil/honey home made facial scrub for lime alone? And does lime av side effects?

BTW...u are doin a great job here. Really appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
babysmart:
@ starx

speaking of lime nd exfoliation, can one substitute d sugar nd oil/honey home made facial scrub for lime alone? And does lime av side effects?

BTW...u are doin a great job here. Really appreciate smiley

You're too kind. Thank you, dear smiley

Whoa...please, do not use lime juice alone. Its juice is too acidic for the delicate skin of the face. The resulting effect is soreness and tender skin. Consider diluting it with water and letting it stay on only for a very short while. Also, lime juice works as a CLEANSER not a scrub. Anything used as a scrub usually contains small granules that literally scrub the skin.

A quicker and less complicated option I discovered for homemade facial scrub is BAKING SODA smiley Lol. I know it may sound pretty unusual. But it is edible and made from natural salts and safe for the skin...which, to me, is a pass. I've been using this easier alternative for a month now. The baking soda I got came in a bottle and was sold at #150 which is ridiculously cheap compared to commercial facial scrubs.

How to;
Start with a cleansed face.
Pour a little amount of baking soda on your palm and wet it with some water.
Apply on your face. You may choose to scrub your face using your fingertips or a clean makeup pad.
Once your face is evenly scrubbed, rinse.
Apply a moisturizer.
....and you're done.

It's faster and simpler than my previous alternative and it's easy on your pocket too smiley

Note:
One notable advantage of lime juice is that because of its high acidic content, it works great in drying out pimples. Apply a little bit of lime juice using a cotton bud (for easy application) or cotton wool only on the pimples at morning and before bed. You'll be surprised and impressed by how quickly they'll be gone smiley
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by babysmart(f): 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
Starx:

You're too kind. Thank you, dear smiley

Whoa...please, do not use lime juice alone. Its juice is too acidic for the delicate skin of the face. The resulting effect is soreness and tender skin. Consider diluting it with water and letting it stay on only for a very short while. Also, lime juice works as a CLEANSER not a scrub. Anything used as a scrub usually contains small granules that literally scrub the skin.

A quicker and less complicated option I discovered for homemade facial scrub is BAKING SODA smiley Lol. I know it may sound pretty unusual. But it is edible and made from natural salts and safe for the skin...which, to me, is a pass. I've been using this easier alternative for a month now. The baking soda I got came in a bottle and was sold at #150 which is ridiculously cheap compared to commercial facial scrubs.

How to;
Start with a cleansed face.
Pour a little amount of baking soda on your palm and wet it with some water.
Apply on your face. You may choose to scrub your face using your fingertips or a clean makeup pad.
Once your face is evenly scrubbed, rinse.
Apply a moisturizer.
....and you're done.

It's faster and simpler than my previous alternative and it's easy on your pocket too smiley

Note:
One notable advantage of lime juice is that because of its high acidic content, it works great in drying out pimples. Apply a little bit of lime juice using a cotton bud (for easy application) or cotton wool only on the pimples at morning and before bed. You'll be surprised and impressed by how quickly they'll be gone smiley

brilliant idea smiley
baking soda sounds really good. I hope baking powder
nd baking soda are d same thing sha grin
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 11:49am On Feb 25, 2015
babysmart:

brilliant idea smiley
baking soda sounds really good. I hope baking powder
nd baking soda are d same thing sha grin

Lol. No, they aren't smiley I nearly bought baking powder by mistake too.

Baking soda literally contains only baking soda. Baking powder has baking soda as one of its ingredients among others.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by babysmart(f): 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
Starx:

Baking soda literally contains only baking soda. Baking powder has baking soda as one of its ingredients among others.

Oh...all right then, thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by teddy2011: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by sheabutter1: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
kolamilan:
where can i get the original type cos there are so many fake ones out there.

Have you heard of Shea butter. A Natural product. Good for the smoothness of Skins and healthy hair, treatment of stretch mark and control of dry skin. For your home delivery from our online store. Visit. : http://www. konga.com/concepticalsheabutter 

Please rearrange the web by closing the space.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by anifatolu: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
It’s Time to go Natural and say goodbye to potential harmful or carcinogenic ingredients
As the largest organ in our body, the skin absorbs up to 60% of whatever we put on it.
Shea Moisture Products are made with Shea Butter and all natural certified organic ingredents.
The best thing about the products is what is NOT in them: NO Parabens, NO Phthaltes,
NO Paraffin, NO Formadelhyde, NO Mineral Oil, NO Propylene, NO Synthetic Fragrance,
NO Synthetic Color, NO Petroleum.
Contact SheaOrganicBeauty to get yous now
Call: 07083062752
BBM Channel: http://pin.bbm.com/C00299A49
Facebook Page: Sheaorganicbeauty

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by homesodear: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
Flawless Skin Managers Do It yourself Skin Lightening Training and Skill Development seminar
Course Title: Effective Skincare routine to naturally lightening the skin
Duration: 2 days
Cost per head: N40, 000
Date: 23rd and 24th May, 2015
Venue: Wellness Place, Second Floor, Buffalo House, 2 Allen Avenue , Ikeja, Lagos.
Course objectives: At the end of the training, participants would have had adequate knowledge on how to develop a basic skincare routine in natural skin maintenance and lightening.
Who should attend? Models, Spas and Beauty parlours owners, Skin therapists, Cosmetics/Skin care entrepreneurs, aspiring business owners, Open to all male and female
Coverage:
• Skin Anatomy
• Personal Skin Care Regimen for Flawless Skin(AM/PM)
• Facials for different skin Types
• Home Fruit Based Peels
• How to use Chemical Peels
• Removal of dark Spots, Dark knuckles and Dark Knees
• Acne/Essential oil Treatment
• Skin lightening Diet
• Essential oils for Skin Lightening
• Homemade Cream recipes for Skin lightening (Night use)
• Homemade Facial Wipes/ Vitamin C Serum/Anti ageing Antioxidants
• Stretch Marks removal that really works!!
Time: Saturday, May 23rd, 10am to 4pm, Sunday, May 24th, 2pm to 5pm
FEES include Registration and Lecture, Course Materials, Skin care goody bags, Product sampling, Group Photograph, Snacks and Lunch and Certificate of Participation.

PARTICIPATION: Please confirm your participation by calling or whatsapp on 08034917464. Free gift for the first 20 to register.
DISCOUNTS: Participants referring 3 or more individuals will receive 10% discount off the fee.
You could also send an email to flawlessskinmanagers@gmail.com for more enquiries.
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Starx(f): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello sweets,
It's been a very long time. Sorry, I've been working on a few things. I'm pleased to announce that my website is ready:

colouredcoilycontent.

This site would cover 4 major areas:
*Natural Hair Care
*Natural Remedies to Skin Care
*Body Fitness
*Psychosocial Well being

I started it about 2 days ago.

There is currently a new post about learning the basics of natural hair care. It is a very simplified detailed post with instructive diagrams.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want in the comment section and I'll be sure to get back to you.
I wish everyone a very lovely week. Warm regards. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by lexisjay(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello ma I need your help. I used a carotone black spot corrector.. To clear a burn but unfortunately. The spot over reacted. And the burn area is now lighter than all ma other face. Please can I use shea butter if yes. How am I going to use it and what am I going to mix with it please I need your urgent help....
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by sweetchi26(f): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
Starx:

Thank you so much for the picture smiley
Turns out it's the exact one I'm using as well. Funny, I got mine for #350, another friend got hers for #300. I guess different pharmacies have different price ranges for the same product.
How are your edges coming along? Keep me updated on your progress smiley
Wish you a wonderful Christmas... lol, in arrears
halloo...all ur post has rilly been helpful,tanks

wich do u do 1st,,steaming or d application of oat n honey to d faze
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
hae Starx, i would like you to help me out... So i av this mad Acne and my face is really looking bad, and i also av this black dot from previos pimples. so one of my friend told me to start using shea butter, and that i should mix it with sugar. I decided to check google and read up if it would really help, dat was wen i saw ur post and i learnt a few things like steaming ur face and den applying it, and av been using it for a while now buh i avnt seen much difference yet. soo i jes wanted to ask some few things like.
1). The shea butter that am applying on my face, how should the quantity be like, should it be little, small, or tiny
2). After applying it should i wash it off like after 10mins or i should leave it there all night, buh jes to add av been washing it off like after a while
3). I only steam, apply and then wash it off, am i doing it the right way or theres still some other things i need to do.
4). This black spots on my face is there a way i can get rid of it, or it would be there for life ni...
5). and this wrinkles and tiny dots on my face do u av any advice for me... I knw my questions are already getting plenty, no be onli me waka come
Buh this are questions from someone that av tried all sort of product with very little or no result, av even given up on trying until this my friend told me to use Shea Butter, so i would really want u to give me a good and solid advice, cos if it dosnt work again, i dont think i would like to stress my self trying any other thing. thanks sooo much.. i would really like to hear from you soon. Thanks..[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Dark Skin: Your Face And The Wonders Of Pure Unadulterated Shea Butter by Tiffany1(f): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Starx:

Hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Yetunde Barnabas Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja Pageant (Photos) / 20-Year-Old Lady Makes Wedding Dress Without A Sewing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.