Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First (13616 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 / Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sennheiser should be number one. Using those headphones is like sha.gging the most beautiful chic in the world. Bought the HD429 last month, and it's the best thing ever.

Also, why was Beats by Dre ranked so low? Beats aren't that bad. Most of the critique comes from being overpriced and hip-hopish, however, a lot of those other headphones have models which are more expensive than beats. And people can't just stop hating on hip-hop.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Give me Beats anytime. I don't know why I prefer it more than the others. Maybe I am biased!
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Missy89(f): 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Grado any day cool
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Since beats by dre cudnt reach d top 10 den omo dese top headsets go dey burst persin ear drums o

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Missy89: Grado any day cool

Have you tried Sennheiser and Beats by Dre?

Your grado wouldn't be able to compete with these two even if its life depended on it! grin

I had beats since uni back in the day(Solo), and I've got the Pro now - definitely top-5 out there.

And Sennheiser has no competition.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Bawss1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
The picture of the Apple headphone on the first page is suspect, most likely an artist's render and not an actual product.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Missy89(f): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
shymexx:

Your grado wouldn't be able to compete with these two even if its life depended on it! grin

I had beats since uni back in the day(Solo), and I've got the Pro now - definitely top-5 out there.

I haven't tried Sennheiser but i have 2 beats headphones.they didn't last (maybe i was just careless with it thou) but are decent .

Grado headphones are like 2-3 grand a pop (ps1000/gs1000i version) that should tell you something. even the Rsi version is like 700 bucks

the wire is made of a clothing material instead of rubber so it hardly breaks even if you pull it since it wont expand. and the headphones can be removed and replaced easily.
The prestige series are still cheap thou

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by mindworx: 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: I love Sony, i own one and i wear it while in the office (headphone), no matter how loud i increase the volume, i still get to hear people talking around while the sound quality from the ear-bud remains the same.

Try it with FIFA 14 grin grin grin

I have exactly this Sony headset too, but my brother ... the pictures of the headsets this OP posted made me put mine back in the backpack while reading his post sad

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Damlesky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
I will buy one and try it on my L3 angry angry angry angry
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by temitope23(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Still prefer my havitt me HV328 headset to all of these.

Everything I need in an headset.
quipped with profound sound quality and sense of modernity with two 3.5mm audio jack, that means 2 people can share one music at the same time. We call it “Couple mode”. It also has Soft finish casing, comfortable ear cup with amazing sound quality, noise cancelling, it’s a real studio headset.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by ndukasmith: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bose @ #12?!? Hell NO!!! I can swear by Bose products.........Sony ain't bad as well.......

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by ibdeals1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
is there anywhere one can get these lovely headphones in naija?
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by ibdeals1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
is there anywhere one can get these lovely headphones in naija? smiley
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by honeric01(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
mindworx:

I have exactly this Sony headset too, but my brother ... the pictures of the headsets this OP posted made me put mine back in the backpack while reading his post sad

Why put it back in your pocket? does it look inferior looking at the value?

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by IAMBREEZY: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'm cool with my beatz by dre headphone,i don't care about the rest.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by funkystanl(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
kennygee: My 200 naira ear piece has been serving me for months now.

Ori e pe. Ori e wanbe.

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
funkystanl:

Ori e pe. Ori e wanbe.

yes keh.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by fr3do(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
That Bose caught my attention, nice shape.

Apple is weird and ugly, it only looks sleek cos its apple.

Pioneer should be really good, been seeing their car speakers since time immemorial.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by lacicrips(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
GuyFawkes: Y'all should try the Sony MDR-10RNC headset it trumps the Beats by Dre and a host of other brands.
Beats by Dre is one of the worst headphones out there but the name practically sells the brand.
Are you sure? Maybe you got yours from computer village.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: I love Sony, i own one and i wear it while in the office (headphone), no matter how loud i increase the volume, i still get to hear people talking around while the sound quality from the ear-bud remains the same.

Try it with FIFA 14 grin grin grin
how much did u get it
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by funkystanl(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
kennygee:

yes keh.

Abi ooo. All the $100 - $300 no concern us ooo our 200naira (>$2) will go a long way. As we no be DJ.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Fadajasi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why hasnt anyone mentioned soul by ludacris smiley
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Spanishmario(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
Can any1 recommend 5 good headphone brands I can get for less than 5K...

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by wizemax(m): 1:10am On Jul 07, 2017
Whatever you do, don't buy beats they're crap.
Basically get something like this:
AKG
Ausdom
Sony
JVC
Pioneer
Even in car stereos, these are the best.

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by blessedjohny4u: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Have you tried the silex m100, it gives you superior sound quality at incredibly low price' check it out on www.silexmobile.com.

1 Like

Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Babalegba(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2021

The good Senns need an amp to function well due to high impedance so it means you are shelling out another 50k for a half decent headphone amp. I had the Sennheiser 650 and even with an amp the sound was good but not brilliant although it was really well built.To my ears the Samson 850 sounded more exciting but harsh. Senns are only good when you are willing to spend around 800 k.
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Idoko619(m): 11:03am On Jan 05
Babalegba:
The good Senns need an amp to function well due to high impedance so it means you are shelling out another 50k for a half decent headphone amp. I had the Sennheiser 650 and even with an amp the sound was good but not brilliant although it was really well built.To my ears the Samson 850 sounded more exciting but harsh. Senns are only good when you are willing to spend around 800 k.

I'm looking for headphone that checks this list:
1. Good sound bass
2. Noise cancellation
3. Durable

Budget 25-30k
Re: 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First by Babalegba(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05
Idoko619:

I'm looking for headphone that checks this list:
1. Good sound bass
2. Noise cancellation
3. Durable

Budget 25-30k
You cannot get a decent audiophile grade headphone for 30k. Of course you can get consumer headphones in that price range but I wouldn't recommend them.
The best bang for buck headphone at the moment is the Hifiman he 400 se. It is a planar headphone instead of the normal dynamic drivers and is very good , has no noise cancellation but beats most noise cancelling headphones under 150k and is well built, sturdy with gorgeous sound but works better with a DAC dongle.
It is available on aliexpress and could be had for about fifty five dollars during sales.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Reasons Nigerians Should Buy Android Phones / What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? / I Still Can't Download With Any Opera Mini. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.