Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

..the Best Place To Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe (2784 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Where's the best place to pay tithe?? The church or to charity?

My focus is the effective and efficient utilization of these monies paid as tithes for the overall development of the society
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2014
CHURCH
You can choose to give money to charity but what you give to charity is not your tithe.
Some don't believe in tithing and don't pay it.It depends on the individual understanding of Scriptures.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by Tallesty1(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2014
I Don't Tithe, helping people around me is what gives me joy, seeing the smiles on their face, the happiness on their soul and the thank you sir that they say to me is enough for me.

2 Likes

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by dorox(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2014
thorpido: CHURCH
You can choose to give money to charity but what you give to charity is not your tithe.
Some don't believe in tithing and don't pay it.It depends on the individual understanding of Scriptures.
What you give to church is not tithe either because only a levite can receive of which your pastor is not.

3 Likes

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by royalty2013: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2014
D bible neva asked us to chose wia to pay our tithe instead it is instructs us to pay it in his house, wia eva u pay urs outside church is at ur own risk. Nevadless I pay mine at modaless babies home. Fada no vex na wia my mind de b dat

2 Likes

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2014
thorpido: CHURCH

dont forget our focus on this post which is effective and efficient utilization of tithe monies. Are these churches really utilizing these monies to develop the society in general and not just thier church?
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by Tannie(f): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2014
dorox:
What you give to church is not tithe either because only a levite can receive of which your pastor is not.

Tithes is not for Charity, church is the appropriate place to give your tithe. Don't forget that Levites were priest in the temple of God, therefore, pastors, priest , rev etc are the Levites of today.

wealthinfos:
dont forget our focus on this post which is effective and efficient utilization of tithe monies. Are these churches really utilizing these monies to develop the society in general and not just thier church?

Your part is to obey God and forget the rest. Originally, tithes are not meant for the poor or needy, it's meant for the priest.

1 Like

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2014
dorox:
Who is a Levite in the order of the New Testament?Are the levites not those who occupy the office of a priest?
Do you know Christ has made us priests?
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by dorox(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2014
Tannie:

Tithes is not for Charity, church is the appropriate place to give your tithe. Don't forget that Levites were priest in the temple of God, therefore, pastors, priest , rev etc are the Levites of today.
But none of the first century christians were priest. Can you show me from the bible where any of the apostles collected tithe?
Like I said before, only levites can collect tite, and you can only be a levite by birth.

2 Likes

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2014
wealthinfos:

Then the title of your thread should read; How do we ensure effective and efficient utilization of tithes?
The church is where to pay tithes.Looking at ways to ensure the money is effectively utilized is another thing.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2014
dorox:
But none of the first century christians were priest. Can you show me from the bible where any of the apostles collected tithe?
Like I said before, only levites can collect tite, and you can only be a levite by birth.
They were.The bible did not record every event they took part in the focus was more on spreading the Gospel.The story of Ananias and Sapphira gives us an idea that Simon Peter played the role of a priest.

Rev 5:10 says 'And He has made us unto our God Kings and priests,and we shall reign on the earth'.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by dorox(m): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
thorpido: They were.The bible did not record every event they took part in the focus was more on spreading the Gospel.The story of Ananias and Sapphira gives us an idea that Simon Peter played the role of a priest.

Rev 5:10 says 'And He has made us unto our God Kings and priests,and we shall reign on the earth'.
But it wasn't tithe that Ananias and Sapphira witheld and revelation was talking about pastors.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by qstar(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
dorox:
But it wasn't tithe that Ananias and Sapphira witheld and revelation was talking about pastors.

I've been withholding mine since. All through my Christianity era, i never tithed.
Still wondering why god didn't strike me down.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by dorox(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

I've been withholding mine since. All through my Christianity era, i never tithed.
Good for you, tithing is a scam
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
dorox:
It was a form of it.Pastors are also priests.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

God is not striking anyone down for not paying tithes.
There are levels of revelation and relationship with God you will not know until you do certain things.
Abraham walked at a higher level of relationship with God than his peers.The bible records that he tithed.Isaac,his son and Jacob,his grandson also did.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by staggerman(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
You should take a look at Deutronomy 14:22-29.

It shows you how God wanted the tithe to be used. The opinion of men should never prevail against the command of God.
You must obey the Lord's command without changing it. Times may change, but do not attempt to twist THE ETERNAL WORD OF GOD.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Also let me ask, does the church have social responsibilities to the society?
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2014
wealthinfos: Also let me ask, does the church have social responsibilities to the society?
Yes they do.Quite a number of churches provide pipe-borne water o communities,some rehabilitate roads,provide a clinic and supply drugs etc.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
thorpido: Yes they do.Quite a number of churches provide pipe-borne water o communities,some rehabilitate roads,provide a clinic and supply drugs etc.

this what i want to hear. So can u mention such churches so others can emulate them!
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
wealthinfos:

this what i want to hear. So can u mention such churches so others can emulate them!
I've seen RCCG churches donate boreholes,block of classrooms to some communities.Winners chapel has repaired roads around the main church and another branch I know.I have seen Christ Embassy donate an ambulance to Lagos state gov and donate household items to some charity homes.I've seen Synagogue church donate a transformer to a community and donate relief materials to some charity homes.I also saw them donate relief materials to Haiti during their crises.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
thorpido: I've seen RCCG churches donate boreholes,block of classrooms to some communities.Winners chapel has repaired roads around the main church and another branch I know.I have seen Christ Embassy donate an ambulance to Lagos state gov and donate household items to some charity homes.I've seen Synagogue church donate a transformer to a community and donate relief materials to some charity homes.I also saw them donate relief materials to Haiti during their crises.

Oya o, Pastors in the house una don hearam ba?

The church can do more in bringing the much needed change that the governemnt have failed the masses!
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
You mean how to steal Tithe
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by christemmbassey(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
wealthinfos: Where's the best place to pay tithe?? The church or to charity?

My focus is the effective and efficient utilization of these monies paid as tithes for the overall development of the society
there's nothing like tithe in christianity. Stop this daylight armed ROBBERY!

1 Like

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by charlsecy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
thorpido: Abraham walked at a higher level of relationship with God than his peers.The bible records that he tithed.Isaac,his son and Jacob,his grandson also did.
Please read your Bible. Abraham tithed from spoils of war. There is no record of Isaac and Jacob tithing. Please read your Bible. Please!
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by wealthinfos(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2014
christemmbassey: there's nothing like tithe in christianity. Stop this daylight armed ROBBERY!

ah, but ur name contradicts ur post

1 Like

Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2014
charlsecy:
Please read your Bible. Abraham tithed from spoils of war. There is no record of Isaac and Jacob tithing. Please read your Bible. Please!

The bible is our reference.Not emotions or feelings.
In Gen. 14:18-20 Abraham gave tithe.You say it was from spoils of war but they had become his possessions.I hope you understand they could take spoils in the old testament.
In Gen.26:25 Isaac built an altar after God had blessed him.
In Gen 28:12-22(note 22)Jacob made a vow to God to give a tenth to Him after he had the dream.

Moses when he came after these men made it a law for Israel so there could be uniformity.Abraham and his son and grandson did it without the law.People who have a problem with tithe say we are not under the law which is true but Abraham did it without the law and the bible says we are children of Abraham.
Again Jesus said He came not to abolish the law but to fulfil it.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2014
thorpido: The bible is our reference.Not emotions or feelings.
In Gen. 14:18-20 Abraham gave tithe.You say it was from spoils of war but they had become his possessions.I hope you understand they could take spoils in the old testament.
In Gen.26:25 Isaac built an altar after God had blessed him.
In Gen 28:12-22(note 22)Jacob made a vow to God to give a tenth to Him after he had the dream.

Moses when he came after these men made it a law for Israel so there could be uniformity.Abraham and his son and grandson did it without the law.People who have a problem with tithe say we are not under the law which is true but Abraham did it without the law and the bible says we are children of Abraham.
Again Jesus said He came not to abolish the law but to fulfil it.

Very poor attempt at scriptural manipulation, try harder. tongue
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Very poor attempt at scriptural manipulation, try harder. tongue
Very poor way to counter a point.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2014
So these Tithe crooks do not want to leave Nairaland ?
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by PastorKun(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2014
thorpido: Very poor way to counter a point.

Unfortunately you don't have any point, I have in the last seven years on this forum countered every single pro tithe argument and torn them to shreds. Let's just say I am tired of repeating myself.
Re: ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe by thorpido(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2014
PastorKun:

Unfortunately you don't have any point, I have in the last seven years on this forum countered every single pro tithe argument and torn them to shreds. Let's just say I am tired of repeating myself.
Your opinions.Everyone got one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" / If Jesus Is God / Muslims Around The World Are Seeing Jesus In Their Dreams And Its Astonishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.